Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785599 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
christejames:
let me give an insight into the question, when sediments from runoff accumulates on the road for too long it would stick to the asphalt. Continuous heat from sun would make it to expand and contract coupled with trampling from vehicle tyres (cause the accumulated sediments have become bumps already) would then create cracks, fissures and crevices which leads to the wearing down of the asphalt nay road. Water solution (in this case rain) can contribute to wearing of the road, accumulated sediments (already stuck together) which have created dent on the road would allow deposited water on the dent not to spillaway, thereby causing wears and tears on the road. ...my little knowledge of geomorphology explained it, Igboson can agree or refute my assertions. Deje!!

^^^Haba Bros!......'Geomorphology' keh!!

I'm honestly hearing of that term for the first time......let another brother agree or refute abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Haba Bros!......'Geomorphology' keh!!

I'm honestly hearing of that term for the first time......let another brother agree or refute abeg! lipsrsealed
if still in doubt in can Google it, ...although its a branch of physical geography! *grins*
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 3:12am On Oct 14, 2014
OreMI22:

One hopes that they complete the taxiway at least to the east end of the runway(26). All other Nigerian airports have full length taxiways to both ends of the runway. Thus a plane never needs to make a U-turn on the runway after landing in other Nigerian Intl. airports except Enugu.

One also hopes the Ekulu river is the boundary for the airport in order to leave land for future facilities as the airport grows.

See how the other Intl. airports in Nigeria have taxiway reaching both ends of the runway.

This is very necessary to allow easy flow, I don't know why it wasn't done in the initial runway expansion.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:26am On Oct 14, 2014
Exquisitely planned ESUT Permanent site layout.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2014
OreMI22:
Exquisitely planned ESUT Permanent site layout.

I love that place, bushy but tranquil and a nice place to read.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2014
Now, let me welcome everyone to Okpara Avenue, the Wall street of Enugu grin

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2014
Okpara Avenue started from the Old Park/Holy Ghost roundabout at Christ Chemist Enugu.

All banks and financial institutions are represented here.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
spyder880:

I love that place, bushy but tranquil and a nice place to read.

Actually, the "bushy"environment is what is required for a great citadel of learning if we can do the needful to transform it.

My only plea is that they should plant so much flowers, grass and trees around the campus to make the serene environment the great natural beauty that it should be.

Great universities in other parts of the world (including South Africa) did just that! I know Nigeria can do the same if we simply consider the beautifying of the environment as part of human development, not just building of physical structures.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
OreMI22:

Actually, the "bushy"environment is what is required for a great citadel of learning if we can do the needful to transform it.

My only plea is that they should plant so much flowers, grass and trees around the campus to make the serene environment the great natural beauty that it should be.

^^^You're on a long thing! sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
spyder880:
Now, let me welcome everyone to Okpara Avenue, the Wall street of Enugu grin
wall street grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
There are so many skyscrapers in the Wall Street on Enugu grin
Don't mind the grounds, road projects in progress.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
OreMI22:

Great universities in other parts of the world (including South Africa) did just that! I know Nigeria can do the same if we simply consider the beautifying of the environment as part of human development, not just building of physical structures.
my dear these things are not difficult, I just don't know what is wrong with us. angry

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
centje:
wall street grin grin grin

Bros na so na cheesy
I have a lot of callers looking for office space from abroad on this road.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
As we can see on the grounds, the road works is taking too long to complete, Oga Sullivan, abeg make some phone calls Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
Further down the Wall Street of Enugu city is the Central Bank of Nigeria, Enugu branch.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
I love Enugu state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
spyder880:
I love Enugu state.
I think I now love enugu than you do,thank you spider for using this medium with fabulous pictures to buy me back to the east,I always believe all we have in the east as a big city is onitsha and aba which are dirty,little did I know enugu strangles them. I visited enugu last year but didn't stroll around the town I spent only 2 hours there the place I went to didn't impress me that much so I wrote off the city but I am now convinced that enugu is indeed a big city as my friends do tell me when i argue its not.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 6:47am On Oct 15, 2014
spodathug:
I think I now love enugu than you do,thank you spider for using this medium with fabulous pictures to buy me back to the east,I always believe all we have in the east as a big city is onitsha and aba which are dirty,little did I know enugu strangles them. I visited enugu last year but didn't stroll around the town I spent only 2 hours there the place I went to didn't impress me that much so I wrote off the city but I am now convinced that enugu is indeed a big city as my friends do tell me when i argue its not.
Lol
That us the unique thing about Enugu, it is planned in such a wah that one can actually visit only a secluded portion of it which leaves a limited impression.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2014
Further down Okpara Avenue are some more banks and financial services companies, if you look at those girls again, you will be charged for "lookery" grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
spyder880:
Further down Okpara Avenue are some more banks and financial services companies, if you look at those girls again, you will be charged for "lookery" grin grin grin
This is beautiful. I wish Enugu will model most of their streets to look this. Simply gorgeous! The only city that comes second to Abuja in terms of excellent city planning and road network.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Innovator90:

This is beautiful. I wish Enugu will model most of their streets to look this. Simply gorgeous! The only city that comes second to Abuja in terms of excellent city planning and road network.

^^^Yeah....but for fuc/ks sakes, why can't they sweep their major streets on a regular basis? See the pics Spyder posted of Okpara Avenue (the business district): see how the roads have sand sediments building up on their sides! The white-black-white-black paint applied to the sides of those roads quickly get dirty after a rainfall when they are not swept properly and regularly!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Yeah....but for fuc/ks sakes, why can't they sweep their major streets on a regular basis? See the pics Spyder posted of Okpara Avenue (the business district): see how the roads have sand sediments building up on their sides! The white-black-white-black paint applied to the sides of those roads quickly get dirty after a rainfall when they are not swept properly and regularly!

Nna ike gwu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by destante(f): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2014
I been following this thread in the background for days now. Even though its impossible to read through all, honestly Enugu is a serene and very planned city. the lawns, clean roads, housing, and all. So nicee. I think the city has a big potential for tourism and good family life.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cyborg(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2014
ENUGU GOVERNOR, SULLIVAN CHIME IMPREGNATES “RUNS” GIRL
…WIFE REFUSES TO RETURN

[url]

http://www.societygists.com/enugu-governor-sullivan-chime-impregnates-runs-girl-wife-refuses-to-return/[/url]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2014
cyborg:
ENUGU GOVERNOR, SULLIVAN CHIME IMPREGNATES “RUNS” GIRL
…WIFE REFUSES TO RETURN

[url]

http://www.societygists.com/enugu-governor-sullivan-chime-impregnates-runs-girl-wife-refuses-to-return/[/url]

Sullivan Chime's enemies cannot find him wanting in his official duty as the governor, that's why they always resort to cheap blackmail. A bunch of never do wells. Give these idiots the governorship seat, then you find out they are animals in human skin. Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Yeske2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
spyder880:
Woww, check out that Ferries wheel in the background. Simply gorgeous but was it built by shoprite?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yeske2:
Woww, check out that Ferries wheel in the background. Simply gorgeous but was it built by shoprite?

I dont think only shoprite built it since they are co tenants in the mall, I could be wrong though.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
I think this road is no longer Okpara Avenue but Abakaliki road Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
Oga Spyder,
No updates and pictures this weekend? grin

I wish i could meet Sullivan Chime to thank him for his uncommon transformation of Enugu, in spite of having about the most tiny state budget in Nigeria. It speaks a lot of his great managerial acumen and determination to re-position his state for the future. Today, tourists, quality investors now consider Enugu because it is clean, orderly, modern and not associated with the chaos & high crime rate of a typical Nigerian city.

I would also beg Gov. Chime to hire two or three people as landscapers and give them pictures in this thread, a pickup van to carry their tools and charge them with planting flowers and trees along all Enugu roads including along the newly dualized Abakaliki road, Naira triangle and airport road flyover.

Chime Avenue with a wide median should look like the median in the picture below.
The centenary rails should be used to fence off sections of it, so that designated gaps in the median are left for pedestrians to cross over the road without walking over the entire flowers if they were not fenced off.

Just getting the Chime avenue median beautified to look like the picture below, is the equivalent effect of 20 tall high-rise buildings along that avenue! Yet, it is cheaper and environmentally sound in the task of transforming the ambiance of Enugu.
Roads with wide medians present rare opportunities for a city to make a statement about it's beauty to those driving along such roads.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
OreMI22:
Oga Spyder,
No updates and pictures this weekend? grin
I wish i could meet Sullivan Chime to thank him for his uncommon transformation of Enugu, in spite of having about the most tiny state budget in Nigeria. It speaks a lot of his great managerial acumen and determination to re-position his state for the future. Today, tourists, quality investors now consider Enugu because it is clean, orderly, modern and not associated with the chaos & high crime rate of a typical Nigerian city.
I would also beg Gov. Chime to hire two or three people as landscapers and give them pictures in this thread, a pickup van to carry their tools and charge them with planting flowers and trees along all Enugu roads including along the newly dualized Abakaliki road, Naira triangle and airport road flyover.
Chime Avenue with a wide median should look like the median in the picture below.
The centenary rails should be used to fence off sections of it, so that designated gaps in the median are left for pedestrians to cross over the road without walking over the entire flowers if they were not fenced off.
Just getting the Chime avenue median beautified to look like the picture below, is the equivalent effect of 20 tall high-rise buildings along that avenue! Yet, it is cheaper and environmentally sound in the task of transforming the ambiance of Enugu.
Roads with wide medians present rare opportunities for a city to make a statement about it's beauty to those driving along such roads.

My brother, I have pictures of more developments today in Enugu. Can you guess which new roads they are fixing so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.