Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784406 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Some parts of GRA Enugu. .......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Neatly arranged waste bins.......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
I think this should be Imoke street.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Further up into Imoke street GRA Enugu. .....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Inside GRA. ........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
Emole street GRA Enugu. .......

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
More. .....

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Our Innoson made coal city shuttle buses are very active along GRA routes........

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Short street gates everywhere. .......

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
The quiet streets of GRA Enugu. .......tree and flower planting at its best

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
@spyder's pictures

The first, second and tenth pictures are Ekulu avenue, leads to trans ekulu and abakpa. In case you wanna chill here, Veronica suits and scity ville faces each other at the begining part of the ekulu avenue. A lot of high profile guys chill at veronica suits and it's much popular than city ville, tho' the latter is still young. This is also where the former minister of power, Bath Nnaji has his house in Enugu.

Third to ninth pictures are Emole street, the storey buildings are Nipost staff quarters. Tho' I think they've been sold.

The last two pictures are Nwodo street.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
cjrane:

Exactly Bro.
Even if the interlock stones are considered expensive. Can we simply use a thin layer of concrete to cover the unsightly median that has failed to grow flowers? The best part is that it doesn't have to be a big contract to cost big money.
2 or 3 mason guys with a few bags of cement and shovels can get it done ASAP and it will make a huge difference to how these major roads look.Like the covered median on Abakaliki road towards the airport.
Interlocking bricks will be better as it makes for easy maintenance of the street light cables if need be.

I am sure it will eventually be done.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
centje:
@spyder's pictures

The first, second and tenth pictures are Ekulu avenue, leads to trans ekulu and abakpa. In case you wanna chill here, Veronica suits and scity ville faces each other at the begining part of the ekulu avenue. A lot of high profile guys chill at veronica suits and it's much popular than city ville, tho' the latter is still young. This is also where the former minister of power, Bath Nnaji has his house in Enugu.

Third to ninth pictures are Emole street, the storey buildings are Nipost staff quarters. Tho' I think they've been sold.

The last two pictures are Nwodo street.

Bro, you know this area more than me, I was also at Veronica suites for a short meeting this evening...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
spyder880:
Neatly arranged waste bins.......

Mehn, Thank you Oga Spyder!
BTW, Did not return last Christmas due to work scheduling conflict. Perhaps in April or May will work out.

I am ecstatic about these waste bins all over Enugu!
May we continue to have them around the entire city to improve the overall cleanliness of Enugu.

They should also cover medians with concrete, where grass or trees cannot grow due to heavy pedestrian traffic.
These little and inexpensive measures matter in making a city a world class destination for both residents and tourists.Enugu should continue to radiant the ambiance of a sane city where services work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
cjrane:

Thanks Bro,
As a matter of fact, one of the issues with Nigerians and tourism development is our mentality that tourism is based on some "Natural wonder" which people will have to cross continents to see. It's all about creating fun things to see or do when some visits your city. For instance many African capital cities located in arid deserts may create water parks where tourists can have fun at the back of a hotel !
That is also a tourist attraction in the city! it doesn't always have to be a natural park or some natural wonder as we tend to think.

@ the bolded,
The waterparks idea at the back of a major hotel isn't bad at all. You must have seen lots in the USA during summer.
Infact, today is MLK birthday and we might visit an indoor park if it's not too cold.

Nigeria has such excellent tropical weather that water parks will be great tourist attractions to cool off the heat! It is shameful that ONLY ONE water park exist in Nigeria at Tinapa!!!

I wish they will expand the pool area at Hotel Presidential to install a waterpark there.
It will not only help to make the hotel to become a tourism hot-spot, it will instantly put Enugu on the tourism map of Nigeria.

A mini inexpensive water park such as in the picture below, if built around the pool area of Hotel Presidential will do wonders for Enugu.
Who says you need a beach to become a tourist haven?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chai Sully nwa mama bu ekwu eme.

''Private Estates International West Africa has officially moved from the office at No. 6 Aguluzigbo Street, Independence Layout Enugu, into the new Administrative Office in Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City. The building houses the Sales office, Show Rooms and Project Office for Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City.''

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2015
biafrandream:
Chai Sully nwa mam bu ekwu eme.

''Private Estates International West Africa has officially moved from the office at No. 6 Aguluzigbo Street, Independence Layout Enugu, into the new Administrative Office in Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City. The building houses the Sales office, Show Rooms and Project Office for Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City.''

I hope the next governor of Enugu state is watching and learning more from him. If possible, let them create a small office for Sullivan Chime to be coming to work and be helping the new government till one more year to get them off to a good start. Then he can retire.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ihedinobi2: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Not bad at all. Me likey. I might actually settle here eventually if I don't succeed at coaxing or beating Abia into shape, lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:

I hope the next governor of Enugu state is watching and learning more from him. If possible, let them create a small office for Sullivan Chime to be coming to work and be helping the new government till one more year to get them off to a good start. Then he can retire.

You are absolutely right. The first year of every new administration is always lost to inertia, confusion and lack of decisive direction. It usually takes about one or two years for a new governor to find traction and define his path.

It would be an excellent idea to keep Sullivan around the loop for about one year to ensure the tempo of development in Enugu does not stop. It takes a great mind as a governor to agree to such in the interest of his state over personal ego.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
cjrane:

You are absolutely right. The first year of every new administration is always lost to inertia, confusion and lack of decisive direction. It usually takes about one or two years for a new governor to find traction and define his path.

It would be an excellent idea to keep Sullivan around the loop for about one year to ensure the tempo of development in Enugu does not stop. It takes a great mind as a governor to agree to such in the interest of his state over personal ego.

I don't think that applies to Obiano. He started very strongly, with a clear direction - & he hasn't done up to one year.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:

Bro, you know this area more than me, I was also at Veronica suites for a short meeting this evening...... cheesy
lol cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
biafrandream:
Chai Sully nwa mama bu ekwu eme.

I love this!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
GRA Enugu, a place where you see two trees from both sides of the road having a handshake over your head cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:
GRA Enugu, a place where you see two trees from both sides of the road having a handshake over your head cheesy

Complete Obodo oyibo things Mehn!
Enugu, Ebeano !

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
cjrane:

^^^Well the new administration in Anambra seems to have bucked that trend!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:

^^^Nice to see they haven't chopped down all the trees the Brits left behind after independence!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:30am On Jan 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Well the new administration in Anambra seems to have bucked that trend!

Yes, Obiano is no "ordinary" governor. He isn't in the class of clueless men parading as "Politicians" in Nigeria.
He is a astute administrator and a visionary. He exactly knew what he'd set out to accomplish in Anambra and has no confusion about it.
I am glad he honored the advise of notable Ndi Anambra such as the indomitable Prof. Dora Akunyili that advised him to "hit the ground running".

Listen to Dora's advise from 37:37th minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlIjmFPsmtA

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by blank(f): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
spyder880:

My house is a 2 mins walk from Veronica Suites. Maybe one day when i am in Enugu, we can discuss business.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
blank:

My house is a 2 mins walk from Veronica Suites. Maybe one day when i am in Enugu, we can discuss business.

Sure, I am always around during the weekends.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
This is where I was talking about last time, the concrete interlocked road median in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
Our brother has rolled up his sleeves. ...... cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
^^^ I hope so, some thing tells me he won't surpass Chime. I pray he proves me wrong.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.