Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784445 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
biafrandream:
Chai Sully nwa mama bu ekwu eme.

''Private Estates International West Africa has officially moved from the office at No. 6 Aguluzigbo Street, Independence Layout Enugu, into the new Administrative Office in Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City. The building houses the Sales office, Show Rooms and Project Office for Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City.''

This is the type of news that gives me joy...... still......, 'Enugu, The Las Vegas Of The East' cheesy
biafrandream:

''Private Estates International West Africa has officially moved from the office at No. 6 Aguluzigbo Street, Independence Layout Enugu, into the new Administrative Office in Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City. The building houses the Sales office, Show Rooms and Project Office for Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City.''

This is the type of news that gives me joy...... still......, 'Enugu, The Las Vegas Of The East' cheesy
biafrandream:

biafrandream:

This is the type of news that gives me joy...... still......, 'Enugu, The Las Vegas Of The East'
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rdokoye: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
centje:
^^^ I hope so, some thing tells me he won't surpass Chime. I pray he proves me wrong.

He knows what he must do, to surpass Chime, so it's not as difficult as you think.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
rdokoye:

He knows what he must do, to surpass Chime, so it's not as difficult as you think.
There's need for his administration to give attention to Education, Health and Tourism.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
centje:
There's need for his administration to give attention to Education, Health and Tourism.
and rural areas

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
asha80:
and rural areas
I would put it this way. Deviate from monocentrism approach to development [most states in Nigeria employ this approach] and employ polycentrism... in polycentrism concept, there is a big central node, in this case it's the state capital while smaller nodes of development are encouraged around the big nodes. The smaller ones are distributed in such a way that every 'part' of the state has such smaller nodes. Development spreads from the big node and at same time from the smaller nodes.
It shouldn't be just about building road to these nodes, but a well thought out plan[master plan or blueprint] for each of the smaller nodes, taking into consideration the peculiar resources and challenges in the smaller nodes.

From Enugu state map below, and also what is physically on ground, you will notice that a lot of towns, mostly in Udi and Nkanu, are seriously benefiting from their close proximity to Enugu. Such areas may just require planning and be left to enjoy such benefits, while towns further away from the central are chosen as the smaller nodes but evenly distributed around the state. Such approach will not only distribute development but also fast track it.

I was surprised when I visited an inner part of Awgu and I couldn't get any Telecommunication service, both glo and Etisalat, not even MTN. And there was no electricity there too. I just couldn't believe there was still such a place in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
centje:
^^^ I hope so, some thing tells me he won't surpass Chime. I pray he proves me wrong.

Hahahaha, surpass Chime? In fact something tells me he won't come close to Chime, let alone surpassing him. People may not understand until Chime leaves office.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
biafrandream:

Hahahaha, surpass Chime? In fact something tells me he won't come close to Chime, let alone surpassing him. People may not understand until Chime leaves office.

I really hope he does not perform below Chime, that will be a disaster.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
[/quote]I was surprised when I visited an inner part of Awgu and I couldn't get any Telecommunication service, both glo and Etisalat, not even MTN. And there was no electricity there too. I just couldn't believe there was still such a place in Enugu. Where in Awgu did you that doesn't have network? As for electricity, Nenwe, Mgbowo, Ihe,Ugbo,Ogbaku Awgu etc have light. Some other town are about to be connected to the grid courtesy of Barr Ike Ekweremadu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2015
centje:
I would put it this way. Deviate from monocentrism approach to development [most states in Nigeria employ this approach] and employ polycentrism... in polycentrism concept, there is a big central node, in this case it's the state capital while smaller nodes of development are encouraged around the big nodes. The smaller ones are distributed in such a way that every 'part' of the state has such smaller nodes. Development spreads from the big node and at same time from the smaller nodes.
It shouldn't be just about building road to these nodes, but a well thought out plan[master plan or blueprint] for each of the smaller nodes, taking into consideration the peculiar resources and challenges in the smaller nodes.

From Enugu state map below, and also what is physically on ground, you will notice that a lot of towns, mostly in Udi and Nkanu, are seriously benefiting from their close proximity to Enugu. Such areas may just require planning and be left to enjoy such benefits, while towns further away from the central are chosen as the smaller nodes but evenly distributed around the state. Such approach will not only distribute development but also fast track it.

I was surprised when I visited an inner part of Awgu and I couldn't get any Telecommunication service, both glo and Etisalat, not even MTN. And there was no electricity there too. I just couldn't believe there was still such a place in Enugu.
somehow I just don't trust that gburugburu of a guy.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
biafrandream:

rdokoye:

Well, we will be here to monitor the next 4 years. He should know that expectations are high!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
Who knows, he maybe far better than Chime. After all nobody believed Chime will work, owing to his relationship with Nnamani. But Chime surprised everybody with a job well done. I think, all we have to do is to pray for him and assure him of our support. I believe with the standard Sullivan has set in Enugu state, it's almost impossible for any successive govt to go below it. Enugu indigenes are now wiser and know what they want from their governors.

All the same May God bless the Coal city!

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
The final render of the new international terminal with 2 avio-bridges. Not too bad at all.
courtesy of skyscrapercity

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
CFCfan:
The final render of the new international terminal with 2 avio-bridges. Not too bad at all.
it looks promising. How did you know it will have an avio-bridge from the render?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
centje:
it looks promising. How did you know it will have an avio-bridge from the render?
The two narrow structures on the right-side protruding from the building, being supported by white beams.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:02am On Jan 24, 2015
I don't know what's the fascination with that style of roof!? It's on most of the older refurbished terminals as well!

I'm starting to hate it! sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 24, 2015
CFCfan:

The two narrow structures on the right-side protruding from the building, being supported by white beams.
ok, thanks...I deliberately asked to be sure my eye is not decieving me. Never thought they will inlclude such facility in the design. I pray they install and maintain it, not the type that will become faulty after few days. God willing they go on with privatisation of airports or hand it over to states, then closer attention will be given to the airport.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I don't know what's the fascination with that style of roof!? It's on most of the older refurbished terminals as well!

I'm starting to hate it! sad
lol, same type of roofing on polo mall. It's not that bad, and can be remodelled in future.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
CFCfan:
courtesy of skyscrapercity

Please do you know when this picture was taken?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Property development drive in Anambra State. ..... https://www.nairaland.com/2109011/anambra-state-lands-property-development

Follow us as we seek out the best deals in Anambra properties. .....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Shacman trucks off ANAMMCO plant tomorrow
January 14, 2015 | Filed under: Executive Motoring | Author: MIKE OCHONMA

A new chapter in the annals of Nigeria’s automotive history will be opened tomorrow when Transit Support Services Limited (TSSL), a subsidiary of ABC Transport plc, in partnership with Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Limited (ANAMMCO), officially roll out Shacman trucks from the (ANAMMCO) plant in Emene Industrial Layout, Enugu.

Resuscitation of ANAMMCO factory by Transit Support Services Limited is in response to the new national automotive policy, and the need to grow domestic automobile capacity and generate employment opportunities in Nigeria

The groundbreaking event which is expected to attract a large number of high profile government functionaries, industrialists and technocrats will have Olusegun Aganga, Nigeria’s industry, trade and investment minister, as the special guest of honour.

Shacman is a brand of the Shaanxi Automobile Group Co. Ltd. China, which has over 45 years of manufacturing experience and remains one of the leading automobile manufacturers in China.

The truck makers produced the first heavy duty military off-road truck in 1968 and have since inception manufactured over 600,000 vehicles of different varieties, making great contribution to China national defence construction, developing the national economy and adding value to the entire Chinese society.

Over four decades, Shacman has evolved into one of China’s domestic large-scale automobile enterprise group with over 33,000 employees and is ranked 24 among Chinese top 500 mechanical enterprises.

Shacman also engages mainly in development, manufacture and sales of off-road vehicles, heavy-duty trucks, medium-duty, large and medium-sized coaches, medium and light-duty trucks, minivan, new energy vehicles, heavy-duty axles, light axles, Cummins engines and automobile components, etc.
The company also manufactures brands like Shacman, Eurostar, Huashan, Fujia and etc., and has also won series of awards in China.

On the other hand, TSSL, established in 2007 in Nigeria, has been behind the success of notable transport operators in the whole of Africa sub-region and is continuously researching for best solutions to enhance cost efficient services in transport and logistics operations.

Company sources say TSSL management is dedicated to providing the latest materials, services and technology to the automobile industry through its associates worldwide. TSSL selects and offers to its numerous customers, the latest solution for efficient fleet operation in the area of safe haulage handling and also provides tyre sales and services to the Industry.

While Sullivan Chime, the executive governor of Enugu State, will play chief host, other dignitaries expected at the event include the Aminu Jalal, director general, National Automotive Council (NAC); and Wang Gang, managing director, Shacman Group, Shaanxi, China.

Others include Frank Jacobs, president, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) as the chairman of the occasion and G. U. Okeke, chairman of ANAMMCO.

MIKE OCHONMA

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/01/shacman-trucks-off-anammco-plant-tomorrow/#.VLaVoCvF_gc

Could anyone confirm that the ANAMMCO has actually started rolling out the Shacman trucks from it's truck assembly line?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
spyder880:
This is where I was talking about last time, the concrete interlocked road median in Enugu.

Can they cover those sections of the median with concrete, where heavy pedestrian traffic have prevented flowers from growing in the median?
Places such as a few sections of Ogui road, Presidential road and Zik avenue towards Gariki and road in front of Ogbete and Old park? That will greatly improve Enugu to look like a truly world class city.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
biafrandream:

Please do you know when this picture was taken?
It was posted on skyscrapercity this week.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 25, 2015
It's obvious Ugwuanyi will win the February 28 election!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 3:56am On Jan 25, 2015
What is his background? The Enugu Gubernational election has been so quiet and civil that it's hard for outsiders to know who's who. What's his professional background and credentials?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:12am On Jan 25, 2015
Ikengawo:
What is his background? The Enugu Gubernational election has been so quiet and civil that it's hard for outsiders to know who's who. What's his professional background and credentials?

I only know he has been a long serving federal house of Representatives member from Enugu north senatorial district. The manner in which he was selected and anointed for the governorship is surprising given the wealth of experienced human leaders from the zone. They must have seen something in him.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by arinzeuba: 8:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Our 2015-2019 Goodluck we know as our president, in him we trust.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2015
CFCfan:
It's obvious Ugwuanyi will win the February 28 election!

Obvious in an understatement here....... cheesy grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Serious I don't usually like the grave quietness in Enugwu and Ebonyi politics, no opposition make the states look like something you can find in North, a kinda Monolithic political structure.

Ikengawo:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Serious I don't usually like the grave quietness in Enugwu and Ebonyi politics, no opposition make the states look like something you can find in North, a kinda Monolithic political structure.

Me too, I have always loved competitive politics based on pertinent issues that affect the majority of the people. But if the vibrant politics will succeed in throwing up wrong candidates like it happened in Enugu East senatorial ticket where, after intense politicking by both Frank Nweke Jr. and Ifeoma Nwobodo were beaten by Nnaji, I will then support the quiet politics where people are undemocratically selected, we might stand a better chance at progress this way.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 25, 2015
Oga spyder..you should really take pictures of the streets in independence layout some more..that place is breathtaking

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2015
liberty300:
Oga spyder..you should really take pictures of the streets in independence layout some more..that place is breathtaking

I will, I am wishing I will have a full free day to slowly roll along the streets of independence layout. Very nice place to drive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.