Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784820 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:32am On Feb 15, 2015
centje:
@ bolded...developing and sustaining the development in our cities will be a lot easier if effort is being made to infuse the soul of city into the hearts of residents and indigenes. Making them see the city as theirs, it favors patriotism. Someone with such outlook will think twice before he goes ahead to litter bus stops with posters or drop trash indiscriminately on the street...

True, the city should have a symbol that will be used to identify it, like this.....

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 15, 2015
spyder880:

True, the city should have a symbol that will be used to identify it, like this.....
I love the design, simple and encompassing.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
shineeye:
REV MBAKA WHY BY BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QYqpj6giw

Hahahaahahaha, somebody has decided to nail Mbaka. But seriously, I think Fr Mbaka went too far in his criticism of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2015
castrogee:

Hahahaahahaha, somebody has decided to nail Mbaka. But seriously, I think Fr Mbaka went too far in his criticism of Jonathan.
He went too far rv mbaka should stay away from politics is not helping him at all

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:07am On Feb 16, 2015
castrogee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QYqpj6giw

[size=15pt]Wow, this man is super talented. He itemized all the failed Fr. Mbaka prophesies and his penchant to combine politics with religion.
Mbaka has really embarrassed some of us Catholics. If i wasn't a Roman Catholic myself, i would have tongue lashed Mbaka publicly for dragging my denomination to the mud, but i shall reserve my comments for the respect i have for my church.

Anyhow, it was a 100% perfect video!!!
I hope Fr. Mbaka responds to the man's excellent questions.
We as followers of the faith deserve to know what is really going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QYqpj6giw[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:19am On Feb 16, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 5:49am On Feb 16, 2015

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2015
castrogee:

You are a fool!
You are the big fool! You primitive man! angry

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2015
These people wants to finish the food, Abacha with akidi (black beans) and fish, fresh chopped vegetables also in the mix, where else can you find this rich food culture if not in Enugu state grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2015
spyder880:
These people wants to finish the food, Abacha with akidi (black beans) and fish, fresh chopped vegetables also in the mix, where else can you find this rich food culture if not in Enugu state grin grin
I like this diet eh tongue Especially the soft feel of those tiny beans...hmmmm wink

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2015
Warehouse Akwata, Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by francizy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
The good people of Enugu, please I need your help. Am presently conducting a research on the number of students staying close to/within Ogui New Layout. I would love you people to help me with information.

Please what is the estimated number of students enrolled in IMT?
What is the estimated number of students enrolled in UNEC?
What us the estimated number of students enrolled in ESUT?

All within Ogui New Layout.

Thanks for your help as I anticipate your response(s)...

Regards...

Onye were nwanne anaghi efu uzo...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
francizy:
The good people of Enugu, please I need your help. Am presently conducting a research on the number of students staying close to/within Ogui New Layout. I would love you people to help me with information.

Regards...

I will think its something in the region of 30,000 students for the three schools with IMT having the highest number. I may be wrong though.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
They thought I was a person they could intimidate, they got much more than they bargained for today. See drama between me and these people who thrives on harassment of Enugu citizens. Someone needs to tame the wild men at ECTDA or what do they call themselves.

Full story for another day sha, maybe in my blog site.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Igbonazy:
I am not against any igbo voting the fool called Buhari provided he(buhari) doesnt carry out any anti-igbo or anti-christain policy but if he gets elected( God forbid) and does anything Pro-islam,pro-north, anti-igbo or anti-christain, i will find the traitors that voted him with all the resource at my disposal and make sure he pay. Period!
Now is the time for you to act! As for me, I have mobilized my family, friends, neighbours, close associates & even whenever I'm in a public space to make sure I campaign for GEJ with reasons. We have to be proactive in countering this propaganda by APC. Igbos would never be better off under Buhari than GEJ, it's most likely that Buhari would be pro Islam/North & S.west while S.East & S.south would be relegated to the background! Our people seem to have forgotten so soon, our position in Nigeria prior to the regime of GEJ. People like Mbaka want to sell us back to the status of slavery & second class citizen in Nigeria. Since the end of the civil war in 1970, Igbos have never had it so good until Jonathan came on board. By the time GEJ completes his tenure in 2019, we would probably be back to our pre civil war pivotal position in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2015
cjrane:

[size=15pt]Wow, this man is super talented. He itemized all the failed Fr. Mbaka prophesies and his penchant to combine politics with religion.
Mbaka has really embarrassed some of us Catholics. If i wasn't a Roman Catholic myself, i would have tongue lashed Mbaka publicly for dragging my denomination to the mud, but i shall reserve my comments for the respect i have for my church.

Anyhow, it was a 100% perfect video!!!
I hope Fr. Mbaka responds to the man's excellent questions.
We as followers of the faith deserve to know what is really going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QYqpj6giw[/size]
That video by BBC is what is now trending everywhere, in Owerri, every music shop, public places & homes are airing it. The massive popularity of the video goes to show that people are not happy with what Mbaka did. He betrayed us, as for the man that produced the video, he did a yeoman job & should be commended.#Teammbakawhy?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=MrEverest post=30841038] Now is the time for you to act! As for me, I have mobilized my family, friends, neighbours, close associates & even whenever I'm in a public space to make sure I campaign for GEJ with reasons. We have to be proactive in countering this propaganda by APC. Igbos would never be better off under Buhari than GEJ, it's most likely that Buhari would be pro Islam/North & S.west while S.East & S.south would be relegated to the background! Our people seem to have forgotten so soon, our position in Nigeria prior to the regime of GEJ. People like Mbaka want to sell us back to the status of slavery & second class citizen in Nigeria. Since the end of the civil war in 1970, Igbos have never had it so good until Jonathan came on board. By the time GEJ completes his tenure in 2019, we would probably be back to our pre civil war pivotal position in Nigeria.quote
Buhari as head of state in 1985 campaigned against another Igbo man Dr Peter Onu from being confirmed as then OAU Secretary General in favor of his fellow Muslim Fulani from Niger, Ide Oumarou. Note that Onu was already the acting Secretary General and having secured other countries needed support just needed his own home country Nigeria's assent to become full Secretary General; BUT Buhari said NOPE, I will support my own Fulani brother and he did, not minding that the Fulani is from another country Niger while Onu is from the same Nigeria it was so bad that other prominent well respected african leader like julius nyereye wrote a book about it.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 18, 2015
spyder880:
They thought I was a person they could intimidate, they got much more than they bargained for today. See drama between me and these people who thrives on harassment of Enugu citizens. Someone needs to tame the wild men at ECTDA or what do they call themselves.

Full story for another day sha, maybe in my blog site.
this spyder sef... grin you be bad man o! The officer didn't even know his picture has been captured cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2015
centje:
this spyder sef... grin you be bad man o! The officer didn't even know his picture has been captured cheesy
Don't mind those touts, I switched on my video camera as soon as they came after me and have all of them on tape. They are lucky nothing happened to my car or I will take them far.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
MrEverest:
That video by BBC is what is now trending everywhere, in Owerri, every music shop, public places & homes are airing it. The massive popularity of the video goes to show that people are not happy with what Mbaka did. He betrayed us, as for the man that produced the video, he did a yeoman job & should be commended.#Teammbakawhy?

I just bought mine in Onitsha now.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
spyder880:

I just bought mine in Onitsha now.
Hahaha, my oga at the top, I also bought mine two days back. I'm surprised or rather shocked that a revered man of God with a large following of mainly Igbos, would advise us to vote for a former dictator & a hardline Muslim fanatic in these era of global Islamic renaissance through terror & bloodshed against a fellow Christian, who has supported Nigerias secular nature by sponsoring people of both faiths to the holy lands. Mbaka why?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
Spyder what about Garvey Street Uwani, I love that street because its was named after one of my favorite Pan Africanist Marcus Garvey.

I love Rangers Ave too, very quiet and decent, Rocanna is there behind Hotel Presidential.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Spyder what about Garvey Street Uwani, I love that street because its was named after one of my favorite Pan Africanist Marcus Garvey.

I love Rangers Ave too, very quiet and decent, Rocanna is there behind Hotel Presidential.

I will get you the pictures soon Bro.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
MrEverest:

How I wish this is really happening. I mean, that the video trends everywhere even outside Nigeria. People don't seem to understand that Jonathan is fulfilling a divine mandate in Nigeria. God made Jonathan what he is today, and no man including Mbaka can take God's crown away from Jonathan. Even as an ordinary Nigerian - watching Jonathan has come to strengthen my faith in God, and indeed I now know that God surely liveth.

I know a one time governorship candidate of Anambra state, who in 2009 gubernatorial election visited and sought for the endorsement of the Sultan of Sokoto. Now one begins to wonder what has the endorsement of the sultan of Sokoto to do with Anambra gubernatorial election. This is simply to show us that in Nigeria there are powers that have been determining how things go, and these powers are now at work against Jonathan's re-election, simply because Jonathan has maintained his turf, not given-in to any kind of compromise.

A lot of injustices have been going on in Nigeria. I was astounded when a Director in the Ministry of Environment told me in 2011, that prior to Jonathan's presidency, all the Northern Emirs not including their Southern counterparts where paid over 10 million naira monthly, from the proceeds of royalties paid by oil companies. He even went on to say that most of the oil companies where compelled to have on their management board a nominee of any of the Northern Emir. Again, one begins to wonder the rationale, justice and common sense behind such arrangement. why will the oil gotten from the Niger Delta soil be used to service some Emirs in the far north, completely leaving out their Southern counterparts. These deals started immediately after the civil war, and all the leaders after Aguiyi Ironsi; including the recently converted democrat Buhari and Obasanjo endorsed it. Where is the justice and equity Buhari and Sanusi preaches. Thankfully, Jonathan did not only cancel it, but equally exposed the deal to some of his close aides and friends.

Some of us who have visited Bayelsa state know that the life those riverine people live is simply sub-human and despicable, yet their oil is what is sustaining Nigeria. Sustaining the Emirs, and Obasanjo that has been insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians. In overall, Bayelsans' bear the environmental degradation, while the rest of Nigerians including myself eat from their collective wealth.

What is most demeaning and disgraceful, is that 'we all' (Nigerians) benefit from the oil gotten from the Niger Delta region. However, while the Igbo race will be grateful to the Niger Deltans for helping us sustain our economy, the rest of Nigeria most especially the Fulanis rather take the path of insulting the very hands that feeds them.

Many a time I have heard Nigerians complain of corruption in Jonathan's administration. However, anyone who knows the workings of government will agree with me that in comparison, Jonathan is a saint compared to all the Nigerian former leaders (dead or alive). Jonathan cannot be compared to any of them in any positive aspect, he will win hands down. Jonathan may not be perfect, off course there are still lapses here and there, but comparing Jonathan with any of the Nigerian leader including Murtala and Buhari is like comparing black and white. Jonathan is the least most corrupt Nigerian leader!!!

When one aggregates all that has been happening in this country, evidently, one begins to understand why what Fr. Mbaka said is just pure bunkum and silliness. I want to believe that Mbaka is an informed citizen, and if he claims to be sincere with his conscience, and really meant what he said, then all I can say is that it is unfortunate we have such kinds of men parading themselves as priests.

Lastly, one thing I no for sure is that Jonathan has won his re-election, and Nigeria is becoming great. This is the making of history. For the first time in Nigeria we have someone (president) who fought the cabals (Oil, Nepa, Civil service, former military generals, heads of states, etc.) in power and defeated them. For the first time in Nigeria we have a president who is not seeking endorsement from the Mafias (Northern emirs, Past leaders, Business barons, governors forums, former and serving millitary generals, individuals and families like, the Yar-aduas, Obasanjos, IBBs, Tinubus, Babalakins, Bankoles Atikus, Ubas, Danjumas, Dantatas, Dangotes, Ibrus, etc.) to win his re-election, rather on the vote and will the commoners like me. This election will simply prove that Nigeria can move forward without any threat from any person, and its my hope that in Jonathan's second tenure he will begin to act decisively, and implement the agreements of the National conference.

I'm proud to be a Nigerian!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
The way we print new houses in Enugu like photocopy machines is scary cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
spyder880:

Sign of development.. I like.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jacseniore(m): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2015
Check out Real-Estate in Uwani, we lived there b4 bt nw in abj!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by warripekin(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
spyder880:
Spider u have made me fall in love with Enugu. I would love to develop a housing estate there. Pls can one get up to 1000 hectares for oil palm plantation in Enugu state. I already have an arrangement in Benue state but it won't be suitable for oil palm plantation. I appreciate ur effort Mr Spyder

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
spyder880:

Please, let them leave a space on the mountain where we can build wind mill for clean energy production. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
The best places for Palm plantation are Imo and Anambra States esp Mgbidi, Oguta, Awo Mmama and Ihioma side bothering Uli, Amorka, Mbosi and Orshumuoghu, these places have well developed palm market and 90% of baskets being used in Nigeria today are produced in those clusters.

Enugwu is rocky and hilly for palm to thrive there

warripekin:
Spider u have made me fall in love with Enugu. I would love to develop a housing estate there. Pls can one get up to 1000 hectares for oil palm plantation in Enugu state. I already have an arrangement in Benue state but it won't be suitable for oil palm plantation. I appreciate ur effort Mr Spyder

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kruzilano(m): 1:33am On Feb 20, 2015
francizy:

Regards...

. About 50 thousand in total. EEUT taking more, then IMT before unec.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.