Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779381 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Am loving this

Chidoka might be instrumental to this, Soludo brought CBN to Oka, Dora brought NAFDAC to Agulu, Ihejirika brought Cantonement to Ohafia, Stella Oduah brought Aviation training school to Atani.

Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala what are we waiting to see a financial arm of the MOF in Aniomaland, Nebo what are we waiting for to see Oji River power plant come into fruition.

^^^Aunty Ngozi and Uncle Chinedus' own is just to blow big big grammar! sad

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
spyder880:
Chime is still working inside Enugu town. ......

^^^Spyder, what road/area is this? Also, you know if they've started landscaping around the vicinity of the new secretariat?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Spyder, what road/area is this? Also, you know if they've started landscaping around the vicinity of the new secretariat?

Abakaliki road, Emene airport bypass area, I will bring the pictures of the secretariat and surrounding areas later. More here.... http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:
The best places for Palm plantation are Imo and Anambra States esp Mgbidi, Oguta, Awo Mmama and Ihioma side bothering Uli, Amorka, Mbosi and Orshumuoghu, these places have well developed palm market and 90% of baskets being used in Nigeria today are produced in those clusters.

Enugwu is rocky and hilly for palm to thrive there

there are palm plantations in towns in uzouwani LGA enugu. Not every part of enugu is hilly or rocky. The place has flat land, arable farm land with farm settlements too(adarice inclusive).
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Buchianom(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
spyder880:
Rehab road Emene Enugu.

Truth be told, Sullivan didn't really do anything for Emene, only God knows why. I pray gburu gburu looks towards Emene when he comes on board. The population of people staying there is much and it can really help in decongesting the city if the right infrastructure is put in place.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2015
Amazing pictures of the status of work at the secretariat complex, I am sure you have never seen the first picture anywhere else before. From complex D, exactly where the ministry of Lands used to be. Pictures. ... http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:49am On Feb 24, 2015
Ngwo park, Uwani Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternogetemeny: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:
Chime is still working inside Enugu town. ......

Can we ever find a leader like Chime again? I only hope GEJ has some other position for Chime. I really wanted to see a Senator Chime and Senator Stella.

I will settle for a Minister position for Chime, God willing.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
Why would anyone choose to leave the street lights on in the afternoon? Too much megawatts? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
Enugu electricity distribution company on duty somewhere else.........

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
There are lands for sale around the new artisan quarters Enugu

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
With a new road till Goshen estates, Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:
There are lands for sale around the new artisan quarters Enugu
those houses are built for artisans? shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
About 3 plots of lands are for sale here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
asha80:
those houses are built for artisans? shocked undecided

No, a private estate company built those buildings, all sold out already.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:
Why would anyone choose to leave the street lights on in the afternoon? Too much megawatts? undecided
most time, when lights are on during the day, there's an on going maintenance work somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jacseniore(m): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:
Ngwo park, Uwani Enugu.

this is the small Ngwo, what of the big one?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Was just in Enugu Thursday and Friday last week. A couple of concerns;

The Nike Lake road, starting from, and passing through Nowas roundabout up till the intersection with Abakpa road is deteriorating at a very fast rate. No one seems to be paying attention to the craters. While the new roads are being fixed, it is important we pay attention to the existing ones. That road is turning into a major exit and entry route into Enugu City especially those coming from the North hence needs adequate attention.

Another issue has to do with the Enugu City traffic marshals. On Friday, i had to run a few errands for my old man. Borrowed my sister's car and set off. I have done all my rounds and was returning home around 3pm. I passed the traffic light in front of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium at amber.

I didn't drive up to 1 km and two marshals on bike blocked my path. One got into the car and said i beat the traffic light. We found a spot in front of railway gate and parked. Argument ensued. I asked them to provide evidence, they said i needed to get to their office and i asked what for? And he said my offence was beating traffic light. We went through a shouting match. But i eventually asked them, who punishes someone without being found guilty by a competent court. I asked if he was a court? What law of the land accuses and punishes without finding one guilty? Again, amber lights symbols world wide represents a signal for motorist to prepare to stop and not stop. If Enugu state changed its laws does that then supercede National Road Safety laws? One could though argue the alleged offence was committed on a state government road but since they didn't realise that, i held on to them, refusing to go anywhere with them and asked them let me go unconditionally since they could not prove i committed any crime and that National laws supersede state laws.

Eventually, one of the riders, calmer though, seeing they were not making any headway with me, pulled me aside and started begging me to 'settle' them with something and showed me an sms indicating that they were given targets as to the number of cars they were to impound and bring back to the office, 'to prove that he came to work today (friday 20.02.2015)'. After much cajoling and begging for me to give them 'fuel money', i gave him N1000.

It felt like i have helped the boy, but my heart couldn't stop thinking that i may have enriched the pockets of a rogue politician who is being compensated for his allegiance to the government of the day. That sms basically confirms my belief that this was no civic responsibility to maintain traffic in the metropolis but to generate revenue for some private pockets. Their behaviour as one would expect should have been that of corrective disposition rather than impound and fine which is the order of the day. I must admit though, that there has been high levels of sanity in terms of driving in Enugu. But this pales into insignificance when put side by side with the pains and wrong accusations these boys mete out to people and the money they fleece off motorist.

If any Enugu state government official reads this page please something needs to happen to bring sanity and order in the work these boys do. It is important what they do but it has to be with some decorum and sanity. You do not recruit boys with no adequate training and an understanding of the road traffic law and their jurisdiction, and thrust them onto the roads to enforce traffic laws. Anambra state started this way and marshals ended up beating up motorists over perceived traffic infractions. They called them 'ndi mpiawa azu'. Thank God for the governor who came in and sanitized the system. Last Christmas, i came to Onitsha on the 28th to pick some good from the Young Shall Grow park and parked along the expressway while my elder brother crossed to the service lane into the park to pick up the goods. After 3 minutes, a traffic marshal walks up to my car, taps on the glass and asks mind to roll it down, i did and he addressed me in the most gentle but stern mien, asking me to leave the express and drive into the service lane and park. Imagine the same scenario in Enugu? Someone will be jumping up at having 'trapped an offender' and jumping into your car. Of course you know the rest.

I am also charging lawyers who live in Enugu. It will take only a court case and judgement to make nonsense of this faceless traffic regime in Enugu. That was all it took for the Park and Pay regime in Abuja to be sent back to where it came from; the pit of hell. If not, what gives the traffic authorities the power to punish people without being convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction? I might not understand the law, but something needs to be done about this.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
Emperoh:

The Nike Lake road, starting from, and passing through Nowas roundabout up till the intersection with Abakpa road is deteriorating at a very fast rate. No one seems to be paying attention to the craters. While the new roads are being fixed, it is important we pay attention to the existing ones. That road is turning into a major exit and entry route into Enugu City especially those coming from the North hence needs adequate attention.

Another issue has to do with the Enugu City traffic marshals. On Friday, i had to run a few errands for my old man. Borrowed my sister's car and set off. I have done all my rounds and was returning home around 3pm. I passed the traffic light in front of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium at amber.

I didn't drive up to 1 km and two marshals on bike blocked my path. One got into the car and said i beat the traffic light. We found a spot in front of railway gate and parked. Argument ensued. I asked them to provide evidence, they said i needed to get to their office and i asked what for? And he said my offence was beating traffic light. We went through a shouting match. But i eventually asked them, who punishes someone without being found guilty by a competent court. I asked if he was a court? What law of the land accuses and punishes without finding one guilty? Again, amber lights symbols world wide represents a signal for motorist to prepare to stop and not stop. If Enugu state changed its laws does that then supercede National Road Safety laws? One could though argue the alleged offence was committed on a state government road but since they didn't realise that, i held on to them, refusing to go anywhere with them and asked them let me go unconditionally since they could not prove i committed any crime and that National laws supersede state laws.

Eventually, one of the riders, calmer though, seeing they were not making any headway with me, pulled me aside and started begging me to 'settle' them with something and showed me an sms indicating that they were given targets as to the number of cars they were to impound and bring back to the office, 'to prove that he came to work today (friday 20.02.2015)'. After much cajoling and begging for me to give them 'fuel money', i gave him N1000.

It felt like i have helped the boy, but my heart couldn't stop thinking that i may have enriched the pockets of a rogue politician who is being compensated for his allegiance to the government of the day. That sms basically confirms my belief that this was no civic responsibility to maintain traffic in the metropolis but to generate revenue for some private pockets. Their behaviour as one would expect should have been that of corrective disposition rather than impound and fine which is the order of the day. I must admit though, that there has been high levels of sanity in terms of driving in Enugu. But this pales into insignificance when put side by side with the pains and wrong accusations these boys mete out to people and the money they fleece off motorist.

If any Enugu state government official reads this page please something needs to happen to bring sanity and order in the work these boys do. It is important what they do but it has to be with some decorum and sanity. You do not recruit boys with no adequate training and an understanding of the road traffic law and their jurisdiction, and thrust them onto the roads to enforce traffic laws. Anambra state started this way and marshals ended up beating up motorists over perceived traffic infractions. They called them 'ndi mpiawa azu'. Thank God for the governor who came in and sanitized the system. Last Christmas, i came to Onitsha on the 28th to pick some good from the Young Shall Grow park and parked along the expressway while my elder brother crossed to the service lane into the park to pick up the goods. After 3 minutes, a traffic marshal walks up to my car, taps on the glass and asks mind to roll it down, i did and he addressed me in the most gentle but stern mien, asking me to leave the express and drive into the service lane and park. Imagine the same scenario in Enugu? Someone will be jumping up at having 'trapped an offender' and jumping into your car. Of course you know the rest.

I am also charging lawyers who live in Enugu. It will take only a court case and judgement to make nonsense of this faceless traffic regime in Enugu. That was all it took for the Park and Pay regime in Abuja to be sent back to where it came from; the pit of hell. If not, what gives the traffic authorities the power to punish people without being convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction? I might not understand the law, but something needs to be done about this.

Bros you are a gentleman, you are even patient with the touts, I usually fight them squarely. I have won two fights watched by over a hundred passers by. Someone needs to tame those touts. Na my area be this, nobody can intimidate me in this Enugu where I was born and brought up.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Emperoh:

Please endeavour to obey traffic regulations, because they are for the good of the general public including yourself. However, in the event of a palpable or patent display of abuse of power by the law enforcement agents, one should stand his ground and plead his innocence. From the your testimony, you crossed the traffic at amber, next time, be patient until it goes green. If they don't make efforts to enforce these laws, we will still complain. Let us try and give room for human failures while discharging public duties.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Charlesdonald(m): 1:04am On Feb 26, 2015
The Elite Employee Quest
“Do you have what it takes to be part of the Next
Generation Workforce?”
Be part of the league of extraordinary employees
that will be placed in major organizations this 2015.
Only for persons with 0-5 years of experience*
No CV or Resume required
Apply Now!

http:///14b4f99c
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2015
biafrandream:

Please endeavour to obey traffic regulations, because they are for the good of the general public including yourself. However, in the event of a palpable or patent display of abuse of power by the law enforcement agents, one should stand his ground and plead his innocence. From the your testimony, you crossed the traffic at amber, next time, be patient until it goes green. If they don't make efforts to enforce these laws, we will still complain. Let us try and give room for human failures while discharging public duties.

You don't understand the problem. We all understand the importance of orderliness in traffic control, but that is not the case. Some politicians have hijacked the process and turned it into a money making venture. Their objective is not traffic control but traffic chaos!

The politicians have muscled the traffic police out of their constitutional responsibilities of enforcing traffic laws then replaced them with wild youths, bare faced touts who came straight from the motor parks. They have targets to rake in as much money as possible from everyone, even if you are innocent.

One day I will record a video, about how these people will confuse motorists with conflicting signals to move and another telling you to stop, confused you will stop in the centre of the roundabout only for them to pounce on you and charge you with traffic violations. Go to Nowas junction and see human barbarism in full glare. They have removed the police from there just to fleece motorists.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NDPVF(m): 8:07am On Feb 26, 2015
spyder880:

You don't understand the problem. We all understand the importance of orderliness in traffic control, but that is not the case. Some politicians have hijacked the process and turned it into a money making venture. Their objective is not traffic control but traffic chaos!

The politicians have muscled the traffic police out of their constitutional responsibilities of enforcing traffic laws then replaced them with wild youths, bare faced touts who came straight from the motor parks. They have targets to rake in as much money as possible from everyone, even if you are innocent.

One day I will record a video, about how these people will confuse motorists with conflicting signals to move and another telling you to stop, confused you will stop in the centre of the roundabout only for them to pounce on you and charge you with traffic violations. Go to Nowas junction and see human barbarism in full glare. They have removed the police from there just to fleece motorists.
Which way forward then?.Is their no human right lawyers in Enugu?.Can't they be sued?. Can't the court slam injunction on them,with people like you and others that has gone through experience,and are bold enough to stand in court as evidence(s),to attest to their operational rascality?.
I don't like much complaints,i love to see uncomfortable issues end the next minute.
Spyder,you can lead the pack as you are on ground.
Here in my state,i won't hesitate to draw them to court.
Good bless Enugu state.
Good bless Akwa Ibom state.
Good bless Gej.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
biafrandream:

I have no qualms paying a fine if i disobey traffic rules. But like Spyder said, it is now clear that this is no civic action or responsibility.
This is walking chaos and no one cares. These boys have manhandled people and abused other. My parents live close to Nowas and my sister works at a hospital close by. I have seen what this looks and i know what i am talking about. Someone needs to call these boys to action.

I am doing an Op-ed article on this to be published in National dailies and popular blogs.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
Emperoh:

I have no qualms paying a fine if i disobey traffic rules. But like Spyder said, it is now clear that this is no civic action or responsibility.
This is walking chaos and no one cares. These boys have manhandled people and abused other. My parents live close to Nowas and my sister works at a hospital close by. I have seen what this looks and i know what i am talking about. Someone needs to call these boys to action.

I am doing an Op-ed article on this to be published in National dailies and popular blogs.

I am fighting them the easy way, I am collecting pictures and information of all their antics and at the right moment I will go public with it on my blog. Trust me to leave nothing omitted.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Emperoh:

be sure to offer solutions in your article, a lot of writers just complain and post their email address

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ikengawo:

be sure to offer solutions in your article, a lot of writers just complain and post their email address
lol
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Fixed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
^^^ Are you sure you meant to post this here or the other thread?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
^^^ Are you sure you meant to post this here or the other thread?
Diaris God. shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
NDPVF:
Which way forward then?.Is their no human right lawyers in Enugu?.Can't they be sued?. Can't the court slam injunction on them,with people like you and others that has gone through experience,and are bold enough to stand in court as evidence(s),to attest to their operational rascality?.
I don't like much complaints,i love to see uncomfortable issues end the next minute.
Spyder,you can lead the pack as you are on ground.
Here in my state,i won't hesitate to draw them to court.
Good bless Enugu state.
Good bless Akwa Ibom state.
Good bless Gej.

The problem with this country is that people have so much been brutalised by successive administrations that they have resigned themselves to fate, and to God. People no longer believe they can kick against bad treatment meted out to them directly.

The touts in rented uniform terrorising Enugu motorists are the accusers, judge, jury and executioners at the same time. If they force you into their hideout they call an office, they deflate all your tyres and seize your keys. Are these people gods? We need to team up and fight them.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DCGUY: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
Oga Spyder or anyone, pls tell me where and whom i can get to do my decorative concrete stamping outside in my compound instead of inter locking stones

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.