Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784726 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykekris(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
invention from igbo land. Nobody can copy this.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
With the new developments at Liberty estates, can Rangers international relax and have a good training session there? http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/04/how-can-rangers-relax-and-train-at.html

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
Innoson motors and coal city shuttle service, a healthy local collaboration.... http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/04/innoson-motors-producing-coal-city.html

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykekris(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2015
spyder880:
With the new developments at Liberty estates, can Rangers international relax and have a good training session there? http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/04/how-can-rangers-relax-and-train-at.html
football is lucrative business and be ruined like real business but that is not the case with Nigeria clubs. They wait for government hand out all the time, these clubs needs to rebrand and attract sponsors. Imagine what Manchester Utd generate from their AON training complex alone, shirt sale, shirt sponsor logo etc. With money in the pocket, clubs can go outskirts of town and buy land in a secluded place and have peace of mind but how do u expect that to happene when they rely on government all the time. I have looked for Enugu Ranger replica to but for where!?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Apr 07, 2015
From the new Roban stores at Agbani road Enugu

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
What a city. .....

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
What a place. .....

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2015
With Okey Ezea of the APC promising free education for Enugu state, how could this likely affect the voting pattern tomorrow? Are we likely to see any surprises?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by write2obi(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2015
spyder880:
With Okey Ezea of the APC promising free education for Enugu state, how could this likely affect the voting pattern tomorrow? Are we likely to see any surprises?
I don't think so, with the numerous lies these politicians tells during manifestos, what comes out of their mouth no longer has effect on the outcome of elections.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
The changing face of Enugu, New Haven houses steadily renovated t attract higher clientèle, and of course higher rents. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
spyder880:
From the new Roban stores at Agbani road Enugu

Very unfortunate that Roban Stores and Eastern Shops couldn't see opportunities beyond their noses to dominate the retail megastores in Eastern Nigeria before the foreigners Shoprite and co pounced on the opportunities now they are waking up.

They should move a store to Awada Layout Onicha because that upper class area is lackng premium shopping experience.

They should start now to claim Igboland and stop foreigners from exploitation of us

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Very unfortunate that Roban Stores and Eastern Shops couldn't see opportunities beyond their noses to dominate the retail megastores in Eastern Nigeria before the foreigners Shoprite and co pounced on the opportunities now they are waking up.

They should move a store to Awada Layout Onicha because that upper class area is lackng premium shopping experience.

They should start now to claim Igboland and stop foreigners from exploitation of us

Good point, I was at Nnewi recently and needed to buy some things, I think a mega store will make a huge profit there too.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
ANAMMCO Enugu now manufacturing and selling SHACMAN trucks. .........

http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
BuddahMonk:

the new Robans store at Uwani Enugu has the same layout as shoprite
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

the new Robans store at Uwani Enugu has the same layout as shoprite

The way am seeing things, Enugu may get another mega mall soon, that new building near Oakland park is shaping up like a mall or shopping centre of some sorts. Maybe owned by the same man who owns Oakland parks.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Deme nu o ndi Enugwu, ejeka m ije bu ahuka m anya in Ideji ogwugwu voice.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
Good observation from you, I expected Eastern shop to spread to all Igbo cities by now going by the number of years they have been in business, I think Roban guy is picking up going by the competition he is getting from shoprite, I see him spreading to other cities in Igbo cities in a shortwhile
BuddahMonk:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Where is the location of oakland park
spyder880:

The way am seeing things, Enugu may get another mega mall soon, that new building near Oakland park is shaping up like a mall or shopping centre of some sorts. Maybe owned by the same man who owns Oakland parks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
Smh... angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
spyder880:

I hear it's a Park n' Shop outlet.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Where is the location of oakland park

Oakland park is at Ebeano tunnel road, the road carved out by Former governor Chimaroke, lest I forget, Enugu state housing dev. company seems to have taken over all those duplexes abandoned at Ebeano tunnel sides, I saw a signboard there last time I passed. Will collect some pictures sha.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
Serious they should start thinking of investing outside Enugwu, the everlasting malls they are building in Anambra State I don't know when those will be completed because even Eiffel Tower didn't take that long to be completed.

Roban Store and Eastern Stores should lead a double race to cut shoprite some profits and remain them in our land.

The first time I came to Enugwu in 2003 and saw Eastern Shop I was impressed with the location but I have been expecting them to expand to some neigbourhoods in East but I didn't see them.
If they fail to control sizable amount of Eastern customers they will we be solvent but if they decided to play timid they will be relegated to the background.
I trus igbo now ', no looking face

spyder880:

Good point, I was at Nnewi recently and needed to buy some things, I think a mega store will make a huge profit there too.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
passion007:

I hear it's a Park n' Shop outlet.

Thank you, I know they will be planning such, the shape of the building and the location suggests such, but they will need to widen that road at some point, its a very important artery for the smooth flow of traffic between Enugu's two most major roads, Ogui road and Okpara avenue.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Good companies like these are here in Enugwu yet nobody knows them in Nigeria, they don't have a functioning website, they don't have social media pages for people to follow them, they don't invest in CSR and other publicity stunts, no branding and marketing strategies.

How do people know about this company now when they are paying no attention to publicity.

Spyderr how about Emenite , Eastern businesses need to start comming out abeg, the most popular Eastern brand is Enyimba because not just their continental successes, they invest in media and campaigns, visit their site or follow them on twitter and see what am telling you.

Despite Rangers being the most popular club in Nigeria according to FIFA ranking, they have no website, no FB fanpage, no twitter handle, am yet to see someone wearing a traditional Rangers jersey.

Orange Drugs is another popular Eastern brand with Juhel, Innoson.

spyder880:
ANAMMCO Enugu now manufacturing and selling SHACMAN trucks. .........

http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Good companies like these are here in Enugwu yet nobody knows them in Nigeria, they don't have a functioning website, they don't have social media pages for people to follow them, they don't invest in CSR and other publicity stunts, no branding and marketing strategies.

How do people know about this company now when they are paying no attention to publicity.

Spyderr how about Emenite , Eastern businesses need to start comming out abeg, the most popular Eastern brand is Enyimba because not just their continental successes, they invest in media and campaigns, visit their site or follow them on twitter and see what am telling you.

Despite Rangers being the most popular club in Nigeria according to FIFA ranking, they have no website, no FB fanpage, no twitter handle, am yet to see someone wearing a traditional Rangers jersey.

Orange Drugs is another popular Eastern brand with Juhel, Innoson.

The case of Rangers is particularly pathetic. I wonder how an organization will have so much potential and yet remain totally obscure.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Sh*t! Boring environment indeed! Why is Nigerian environment always looking ugly and underdeveloped?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ok not far from old roban store along abakaliki road or is it closer to artisan
spyder880:

Oakland park is at Ebeano tunnel road, the road carved out by Former governor Chimaroke, lest I forget, Enugu state housing dev. company seems to have taken over all those duplexes abandoned at Ebeano tunnel sides, I saw a signboard there last time I passed. Will collect some pictures sha.
thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Ok not far from old roban store along abakaliki road or is it closer to artisan thanks anyway

Much closer to artisan
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by anulaxad(m): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
This is truly disgusting. Look at the roads so dirty and untidy. I hope GMB really focuses on the QUALITY of roads built and not this disgrace that people take pride in, Truly pride in the east undecided.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Some of these companies/institutions lack young blood. Most of them, especially the case of Rangers, are filled with oldies who are scared of taking risks or even creating something exciting or trendy. Rangers can still make money in enugu and at same time increase its fan base...it's all about injecting creative young minds burning to sell their talents. In this my current visit to Enugu, I took time to watch etv channel 50, the enugu state tv station. I noticed a lot of improvement in their broadcast and these changes are not unconnected to the renovation done in their station and young staff I see on screen.

I have random pictures from Enugu... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
Like I said earlier on, Chime will fail on his promise to leave office without uncompleted project. I said he won't finish this diagnostic centre...
There are other things I noticed which I really don't like...I will list them in full later on. Let me point out few now...Enugu should be among states in Nigeria setting the pace...I was expecting chime to create an Enugu where things are organised, people still place posters, erect billboards indiscriminately. You will face serious charges if you try this in Abuja. He still failled to institue Enugu road maintenance agency, holy ghost road and the round about appears like they are not Enugu. I will continue later...

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
centje:
Like I said earlier on, Chime will fail on his promise to leave office without uncompleted project. I said he won't finish this diagnostic centre...
There are other things I noticed which I really don't like...I will list them I full later on. Let me point out few now...Enugu should be among states in Nigeria setting the pace...I was expecting chime to create an Enugu where things are organised, people still place posters, erect billboards indiscriminately. You will face serious charges if you try this in Abuja. He still failled to institue Enugu road maintenance agency, holy ghost road and the round about appears like its not Enugu. I will continue later...

Welcome nwanne. Expecting more of your pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.