Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779303 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
christejames:
I'm an Idoma guy by birth. I barely know my town in the east until my undergraduate study here. I would be going back to OT nxt week for the Easter holiday with ma family, I would have gone since last week if not for the report that I'm still writing in school for my field work course (which we did at Abakaliki---it was wonderful though)...
Wow!!. This is really cool... I'm an idoma guy by birth too... I will be going for easter next week too... I stay at Akpa strt....

Oine!! Abole cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
all4naija:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2237844_20150322153636_jpeg891e4656dcd5a77d5a6679bdf2ea8d29
What is this?! Shit! angry angry angry angry angry angry

This is what I "like" about you, You ""respect"" other people and africa at large.
So you deserve one point for that.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baroba(m): 1:19am On Mar 28, 2015
spyder880:
Brand new roads completed in Awgu local government, leading to Ike Ekweremadu house....

Is this Aki na Ukwa Junction?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2015
Baroba:

Is this Aki na Ukwa Junction?

No, this is Ndeabor junction at Awgu town. Aki na ukwa junction is further down the road from the NYSC orientation camp road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Goodnuel:
Wow!!. This is really cool... I'm an idoma guy by birth too... I will be going for easter next week too... I stay at Akpa strt....

Oine!! Abole cheesy
wow! I stay at Ichama strt... Obobi noo!!! Inche beh
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 28, 2015
MrPSA:

This is what I "like" about you, You ""respect"" other people and africa at large.
So you deserve one point for that.
That is Nigeria, my father's land, not filthy South Africa's Township. And, I have the right to say what is wrong that needs to be corrected. I am fed up of seeing slum everywhere in that country. It is very annoying to say the least. You would wonder what they've done with the huge oil money for all these years. What a bunch of primitive human beings who cannot reason with their brain for once! Jeez! angry angry angry angry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2015
christejames:
wow! I stay at Ichama strt... Obobi noo!!! Inche beh
anya lo owoicho cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baroba(m): 10:29am On Mar 29, 2015
makazona:

wow.small world indeed...op u r fyn?

Am good...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
Goodnuel:
anya lo owoicho cheesy
aiya choh!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Since the pendulum has swung the way of the APC, I think Okey Ezea, the APC governorship candidate for APC will get a few more thousand votes, but it might not be enough to stop Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's avalanche cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
spyder880:
Since the pendulum has swung the way of the APC, I think Okey Ezea, the APC governorship candidate for APC will get a few more thousand votes, but it might not be enough to stop Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's avalanche cheesy
Lol.
Okea Ezea will likely be the new Aviation minister grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
CFCfan:

Lol.
Okea Ezea will likely be the new Aviation minister grin

Am sure they have to pay him back somehow, and choices are few to pick from especially in this state. What about Sullivan Chime, any hope of even toilet minister for him? grin grin Chai, politics!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ace radio DJ and comedian, Didi Nna Men is launching another album, and so he has assembled a group of artists/comedians to perform with him on the 3rd of April 2015 at Blue Island hotels along Bisalla road Independence layout, Enugu. Perfoming alongside Didi are Jmartins, Ill Bliss, Suspect, Mr. Raw, Wizboyy, Slim Brown, Dekumzy, Slow Dog, Zoro, Nani Boy, etc.

See more here http://amazingviewpoints..com/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Apr 02, 2015
CASUALTIES OF BUHARI'S VICTORY....... Read http://amazingviewpoints..com/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:17am On Apr 02, 2015
spyder880:
CASUALTIES OF BUHARI'S VICTORY....... Read http://amazingviewpoints..com/

[size=14pt]I don't think any SE politician lost anything in Buhari's emergence. Even if GEJ had won, SE will continue to play a marginal role in his government.

Having said that, our people could learn from this and rebuild our historic political alliances with moderate northern politicians.

Our founding fathers initially made a mistake of believing the Yoruba meant it when they said "southern solidarity.
As soon as Zik discovered the word was only honored when the southerner in question was Yoruba, he quickly retraced his steps and built his formidable alliances with northern politicians. That is the political path the SE and SS must pursue.

I thank GEJ for making his transition peaceful. The lessons should be learned quickly and the political path of alliance with the north laid and revealed to us by our founding fathers must be re-traced and solidified upon.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2015
^^^in as much as I limit my comment on this current events. I must say that the major problem to GEJ defeat wasn't from the south west, the main problem was the...
Northern PDP
To me, they had a Northern agenda not PDP agenda. Naturally, considering the candidates and supporters(buhari, osibanjo, Tinubu) you would expect south west votes divided. Recall that same south west supported GEJ heavily, while middle belt helped GEJ to get required votes in the north in 2011.
Second major factor was wishful attitude of south east and south south(easterners)...a lot of easterners, instead of coming out to vote, sat in the comfort of their room watching election on TV and wishing GEJ wins.
There're many other factors here, allocation of polling units, the bomb scare strategy in Enugu and Anambra really worked and kept potential GEJ supporters indoors, heavy crack in PDP[godfathers in PDP where being sidelined, voting in Benue was a protest voting against PDP...], possibly moles in PDP, determination of GEJ to keep Nigeria peaceful and so on...

On the other hand, the PDP loss at presidential level will not so much affect Ifeanyi winning in Enugu, however, people must come out to vote and be determined to do so even in the mist of threat of violence, because the recent alliance between Chimaroke group(PDC), who is currently protesting seriously in Enugu, and Ideke group(APC) is a possible source of violence in peaceful Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 1:25am On Apr 02, 2015
centje:
^^^in as much as I limit my comment on this current events. I must say that the major problem to GEJ defeat wasn't from the south west, the main problem was the...
Northern PDP
To me, they had a Northern agenda not PDP agenda. Naturally, considering the candidates and supporters(buhari, osibanjo, Tinubu) you would expect south west votes divided. Recall that same south west supported GEJ heavily, while middle belt helped GEJ to get required votes in the north.
Second major factor was wishful attitude of south east and south south(easterners)...a lot of easterners, instead of coming out to vote, sat in the comfort of their room watching election on TV and wishing GEJ wins.
There're many other factors here, allocation of polling units, the bomb scare strategy in Enugu and Anambra really worked and kept potential GEJ supporters indoors, heavy crack in PDP[godfathers in PDP where being sidelined, voting in Benue was a protest voting against PDP...], possibly moles in PDP, determination of GEJ to keep Nigeria peaceful and so on...

On the other hand, the PDP loss at presidential level will not so much affect Ifeanyi winning in Enugu, however, people must come out to vote and be determined to do so even in the mist of threat of violence, because the recent alliance between Chimaroke group(PDC), who is currently protesting seriously in Enugu, and Ideke group(APC) is a possible source of violence in peaceful Enugu.

Jonathan did nothing to "energize his base". He fumbled on the Second Niger Bridge & had very little to give Ndigbo for all the support they gave him in 2011. Many Igbos decided to rather stay at home than vote.

Meanwhile Jonathan wasted his time trying to appease Northerners (who weren't going to vote for him anyways).

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 02, 2015
HappyJoe:

Jonathan did nothing to "energize his base". He fumbled on the Second Niger Bridge & had very little to give Ndigbo for all the support they gave him in 2011. Many Igbos decided to rather stay at home than vote.

Meanwhile Jonathan wasted his time trying to appease Northerners (who weren't going to vote for him anyways).

@bolded...that's what I call double loss. Double loss in the sense that the presidency was lost and at the same time lost a chance to correct the imbalances in Nigeria, and cement it.
I said it severally on this site that Gej was taking a heavy risk concentrating developments in the north and west to get second term, while doing little for easterners(south south and south east). Now, same region that benefited most ended up voting him out.

However, south refusing to vote based on poor performance in the region wasn't a good move(even tho' I doubt that as factor for poor turn out). GEJ's second term would have favoured south more, especially in aspects restructuring military(recall recent news of Obj's letter to Buhari stressing on Buhari to get back military to what it was), balancing occupation of oil wells, industrialisation and helping local companies grow, and so on...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
I don't get the fuss about the SE losing out of the Senate presidency. For 8 years (1999-2007), the SE produced 5 SPs but none of them could effectively lobby the executive to build a 2nd Niger bridge and rehabilitate the other federal roads in the zone.

Even a 5-yr GEJ presidency barely yielded "preliminary works" on the project. Although I will concede that Jonathan was a great source of encouragement to Innoson, by way of patronage.

Let's hope the South-easterners in the new govt resist any attempts to upgrade the Enugu airport, and defunding of the rehabilitation of federal highways in the East.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
From the works at Enugu-Port Harcourt express today. ........ http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykekris(m): 12:13am On Apr 03, 2015
oga Spyder, pls oo! What is the present state of the new secretariat, is it a finished project already?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:28am On Apr 03, 2015
iykekris:
oga Spyder, pls oo! What is the present state of the new secretariat, is it a finished project already?

The new secretariat is about 95% complete. Work is going on there now, ( surrounding roads, drainages, culverts etc) I will bring some pictures as soon as I get back to Enugu early next week. The new secretariat is the best state government secretariat complex anywhere in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Apr 03, 2015
These were the last pictures I took around the secretariat in February this year. http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/02/a-drive-around-new-enugu-state.html?m=1
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykekris(m): 10:36am On Apr 03, 2015
wow! It's a beautiful art work of architecture. Thank God for the gift of Sullivan Chime and God bless you Spyder for all the beautiful efforts you've been making to make our dear state a better place. God shall continue to direct your foot steeps to greater things in life. Thanks again and again, it is not always easy to make out time out of ur busy schedule to this.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2015
iykekris:
wow! It's a beautiful art work of architecture. Thank God for the gift of Sullivan Chime and God bless you Spyder for all the beautiful efforts you've been making to make our dear state a better place. God shall continue to direct your foot steeps to greater things in life. Thanks again and again, it is not always easy to make out time out of ur busy schedule to this.

Sullivan Chime did a very good job in Enugu state, his only bad side was the sin of apartheid. He completely ignored the sufferings of the whole of Nkanu East and almost the whole of Nkanu land. That part of Enugu is a jungle, a crying shame to the image of Enugu state. One day I will take my camera towards the shame we live with in Nkanu land. Collapsed bridges, impassable roads, dilapidated schools, abandoned failed hospitals, zero electricity, zero government presence.

Gil Nnaji was totally missing in action in the senate. He wasn't even there not to talk of doing anything.
The world will laugh at our shame.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
From the mega filling station. Serious kerosene scarcity hits Enugu. But wait o, why are these people co.ing to buy kerosene with these big cans, many people I saw had more than 4 big jerry cans. Abi they wan sell am for retail?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykekris(m): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
spyder880:

Sullivan Chime did a very good job in Enugu state, his only bad side was the sin of apartheid. He completely ignored the sufferings of the whole of Nkanu East and almost the whole of Nkanu land. That part of Enugu is a jungle, a crying shame to the image of Enugu state. One day I will take my camera towards the shame we live with in Nkanu land. Collapsed bridges, impassable roads, dilapidated schools, abandoned failed hospitals, zero electricity, zero government presence.

Gil Nnaji was totally missing in action in the senate. He wasn't even there not to talk of doing anything.
The world will laugh at our shame.
I think Nkanuland is not alone on this, most rural areas didn't get much attention from Sullivan and my hope is that the incoming government should make effort in development of rurals as it will go a long way in reducing urban migration, poverty reduction, crime reduction, increase in agricultural products etc. The benefits of rural development is so enormous. Any government that neglect its' rural is doing so at it own disadvantage as most of the so called raw materials for industries comes from those places.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
These houses were built on lands I thought belongs to IMT Enugu? Near C to C plaza. Who sold or allocated them, to whom.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
spyder880:
From the mega filling station. Serious kerosene scarcity hits Enugu. But wait o, why are these people co.ing to buy kerosene with these big cans, many people I saw had more than 4 big jerry cans. Abi they wan sell am for retail?

The economic collapse is already setting in within days of Buhari's presidency

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Near Nkpokiti junction, towards New Layout Enugu.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2015
Good morning cheesy

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: christejames(m), deji17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.