Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842036 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
Abagworo:

If you've actually relocated to Port Harcourt that's good as you will explore newer challenges. Over here people build more of duplex than block of flats anyway but your challenge will be the terrain as many areas are swampy.

As for me being an example we might actually meet and you visit my residence or one of my various establishments as you are not a politician. It will go a long way to make you understand my viewpoint.

My brother, duplex plenty for PH true true but, what % of the population can afford it? This will still push the majority towards flats. We may meet one day Sir. I love making friends.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
spyder880:

My brother, duplex plenty for PH true true but, what % of the population can afford it? This will still push the majority towards flats. We may meet one day Sir. I love making friends.

Port Harcourt has housing challenges because of the housing pattern. The natives mostly build clustered bungalows while non natives build family houses either as fenced bungalow or duplex.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
spyder880:

Eke n' anya anyu in a smooth position with a smile on its face grin

Nwanne welcome.

Nwanne mmadu,nice to see you around. We miss you very much. Welcome back Ududo880.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NDPVF(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
spyder880 pls i want to discussion something important with you. It's about a property. Can i av' your number.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt has housing challenges because of the housing pattern. The natives mostly build clustered bungalows while non natives build family houses either as fenced bungalow or duplex.
But the housing challenge has been defeated in the east using multistorey blocks of flats and you still criticize it

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
adimsmt:

I understand what you are saying and i agreed with you, but just the same concept and a little design changes can be better and cheap for common man. This is better then what we are doing right now.

The only difference here is uniformity. But you should understand that land is too fragmented in the east to get a large expanse of land for this, except in remote outskirts which will make the project not economical viable
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Meanwhile this is the residential outlook of Owerri. I wonder if this is better than the those medium high residential buildings. Some people are naturally sadistic..

Udi is even better than this place naaa
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
NDPVF:
spyder880 pls i want to discussion something important with you. It's about a property. Can i av' your number.

You can always call me on 0803 335 0750.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
After 32 years!
Rangers are NPL champions... Details later smiley[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
UPDATE: How Rangers emerged champions-elect of Nigeria League
Rangers International of Enugu have ‘unofficially’ emerged as the champions of the Nigeria Professional Football League for the 2015/16 season.
The Flying Antelopes beat Ikorodu United 2-1 away from home at the MKO Abiola Stadium on Sunday to end their 32-year wait for silverware.
Obinna Nwobodo with a stunning strike and Chisom Egbuchulam scored first half goals to help Rangers clinch the league title with a game left to spare.
Wikki Tourists and Rivers United who were all in the hunt for the league shield also failed to get the desired results in their respective games.
While Wikki lost 1-0 in Ibadan against Shooting Stars, Rivers United lost the initiative as they could only play a barren draw at home against Abia Warriors.
Rangers with the win in Abeokuta have an unassailable 60 points.
Even if they lost their last game at home next weekend against El-Kanemi, Rivers United the only team capable of getting to 60 points will have to beat Akwa United by as much as a 5-goal margin to overtake Rangers at the top. Rivers have not beaten any team by such margin this season
In other key games on Sunday, Heartland beat Kano Pillars 1-0 to move out of the relegation zone going into the last round of games.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/211238-update-rangers-emerged-champions-elect-nigeria-league.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ugwuanyi's neglect of Enugu capital city is beginning to show.
Potholes are reappearing.
Traffic lights are no longer working. Sanitation is faltering.
The city will soon sink back to her dark days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2016
basilo101:
UPDATE: How Rangers emerged champions-elect of Nigeria League
Rangers International of Enugu have ‘unofficially’ emerged as the champions of the Nigeria Professional Football League for the 2015/16 season.
The Flying Antelopes beat Ikorodu United 2-1 away from home at the MKO Abiola Stadium on Sunday to end their 32-year wait for silverware.
Obinna Nwobodo with a stunning strike and Chisom Egbuchulam scored first half goals to help Rangers clinch the league title with a game left to spare.
Wikki Tourists and Rivers United who were all in the hunt for the league shield also failed to get the desired results in their respective games.
While Wikki lost 1-0 in Ibadan against Shooting Stars, Rivers United lost the initiative as they could only play a barren draw at home against Abia Warriors.
Rangers with the win in Abeokuta have an unassailable 60 points.
Even if they lost their last game at home next weekend against El-Kanemi, Rivers United the only team capable of getting to 60 points will have to beat Akwa United by as much as a 5-goal margin to overtake Rangers at the top. Rivers have not beaten any team by such margin this season
In other key games on Sunday, Heartland beat Kano Pillars 1-0 to move out of the relegation zone going into the last round of games.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/211238-update-rangers-emerged-champions-elect-nigeria-league.html
With the way Akwa United beat Calabar rovers 14 goals to nil some years ago to get out of the relegation zone, i won't hold my breadth yet as anything is possible in this league of ours.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2016
Security need to be at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium. i can really feel it. 32 years without any trophy, Enugu State Government better be prepared for the uncountable that will appear at the Stadium on Sunday. indeed i said uncountable because everyone will like to be there. No one will like to miss this lifetime opportunity. I hear the gates will be thrown open free for everyone. Coal City be better prepared. Rangers are the League Champions.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Afam4eva:

With the way Akwa United beat Calabar rovers 14 goals to nil some years ago to get out of the relegation zone, i won't hold my breadth yet as anything is possible in this league of ours.
that is if rangers fail to get at least a draw
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
adimsmt:

My brother ask them, the architectures in the east are depressing. Believe me that is why the major cities in our region are looking undeveloped. Our office buildings are all looking like residential houses.
I think we have mastered the act of building the one decked residential houses in the east some of such houses are awe inspiring .as to the 3 decked and above houses,their problem isn't in their architectural design but rather in their lack of uniformity and colour.Moreover we tend to overdo the roofing of our houses (I have seen roof almost a bungalow high)it makes the house look ridiculous.i would recommend the flat roof since the heavy rate of rainfall in our region makes the concrete roofing technique unideal.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:00am On Sep 29, 2016
eaglechild:
Ugwuanyi's neglect of Enugu capital city is beginning to show.

Potholes are reappearing.

Traffic lights are no longer working.
Sanitation is faltering.

The city will soon sink back to her dark days.

If you see this, you will weep

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/09/the-man-made-lake-in-centre-of-enugu.html?m=1

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:01am On Sep 29, 2016
henrychubayo:
Security need to be at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium. i can really feel it. 32 years without any trophy, Enugu State Government better be prepared for the uncountable that will appear at the Stadium on Sunday. indeed i said uncountable because everyone will like to be there. No one will like to miss this lifetime opportunity. I hear the gates will be thrown open free for everyone. Coal City be better prepared. Rangers are the League Champions.

I plan to be in the stadium, with my whole blogging kits grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
FAAN Expands Cargo Operations in Enugu

Airline operators, service providers and the business community have been called upon to take advantage of the new business opportunity provided by the commencement of international cargo operations at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu. The Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Engr. Saleh Dunoma stated this in a statement following the commencement of weekly cargo flights by Ethiopian airlines on Thursday, 25th August 2016. According to Engr Dunoma, this export window provides opportunities for start-ups and cargo related businesses especially in perishable and non perishable produce. "This will enable our people participate in the export market, earn foreign exchange and contribute to the GDP of the country. " He further assured that FAAN has put in place, processes and procedures to sustain its commitment to safety, security and passenger comfort.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ethiopian cargo plane at Enugu Airport

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by olaitoro(m): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
ARROBA:

wow that is great

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
ARROBA:
i can forgive all GEJ's shortcomings because of this airport. Meanwhile air peace wants to fly enugu-China

Chinese investors have commended the quality of Air Peace’s flight operations, proposing a partnership with the airline to ease business trips on the Enugu-Guangzhou-Enugu routes. The Federal Government recently designated the airline to operate direct flights into Guangzhou, China. It also secured government’s approval to operate flights to Atlanta, Dubai, Johannesburg, Mumbai, among other international routes. Meanwhile, the Chairman of Air Peace, Chief Allen Onyema has urged Chinese investors to take advantage of the huge business opportunities in Nigeria by deepening their investments in the country. Speaking when she led a 20-member delegation to the corporate headquarters of Air Peace in Lagos at the weekend, President of the Overseas Investment Union of China (OIUC), Ms. Pansy Liu said the airline’s partnership is vital in achieving seamless business trips between Nigeria and China. Chairman of Air Peace, Chief Allen Onyema in handshake with the President of Overseas Investment Union of China (OIUC), Ms. Pansy Liu during the visit. She endorsed the quality of Air Peace’s flight operations, affirming that it is the fastest growing airline in Nigeria. Liu pledged to mobilise Chinese investors and aviation regulators to ensure the quick launch of Air Peace’s Enugu-Guangzhou-Enugu routes. Responding to the partnership proposal, Onyema said Air Peace, which recently launched its Lagos-Benin-Lagos and Abuja-Benin-Abuja routes, planned to deploy a Boeing 777 aircraft on the Enugu-Guangzhou-Enugu routes. He assured the Chinese investors, who were on a week-long business tour of Nigeria, that the airline chose a B777 aircraft to make trade trips from Nigeria seamless, safe and comfortable. Air Peace, Onyema said, had retained the services of some of the best facilities in the world for the maintenance of its aircraft because of the premium it placed on the safety and satisfaction of its passengers. The airline, he added, had some of the most qualified and experienced pilots in its employ. “We take issues of safety seriously. It will interest you to know that we have BCT Aviation of UK here in Nigeria to maintain our aircraft 24 hours of the week because of the premium we place on safety. We have the best pilots in this country. Most of our pilots have flown for the big airlines of the world,” Onyema said. He urged Chinese investors to deepen their interests in Nigeria, saying the country has a boundless space for profitable business.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/chinese-investors-endorse-air-peace-flight-operations-seek-partnership/

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Heard that Delta, Lufthansa, and Emirates are seeking to fly into Enugu. Delta is also seeking to service Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
CFCman:
Heard that Delta, Lufthansa, and Emirates are seeking to fly into Enugu. Delta is also seeking to service Port Harcourt.

This will be good for the South East when these airlines start to fly into Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nature129(m): 3:33am On Oct 01, 2016
spyder880:
Enugu town is not the only big town in this state, we have the university town of Nsukka, Agbani with its 2 universities and one Law school and Ninth Mile corner with about 5 large companies. Nigerian Breweries, Coca cola, 7up bottling company, Aqua Rapha, Sharon paints etc are all here in Ninth mile. We have an industrial layout at Emene, housing so many companies on their large industrial plots with an airport sitting close by.

If I were to be the governor of this state, I will develope Oji River town, its coming up but we need more investments there to make it as big as it needs to be.

Emene needs to be developed as well. A place like Ukwu Orji in Emene is long overdue for demolition. Emene needs drinking water system.

Enugu needs to develop Emene because of its proximity to Enugu airports and being the industrial hub of the state.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
What time is Rangers match? Pls whoevers goes for the match should upload pics.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Enugu to take over property used by kidnappers

Enugu State Government is set to amend its Criminal Code to provide for the seizure of any property used as a hideout by kidnappers, the Commissioner for Information, Dr Godwin Udeuhele, has said.

Briefing newsmen on Saturday in Enugu on the outcome of the state executive council meeting held late Friday, Udeuhele said the move was to deter kidnappers.

He said the council had empowered the Attorney- General and Commissioner for Justice to forward an amendment bill of the state’s criminal law to the state legislature.

“Approval was given to the amendment of Section 315 of the Criminal Code Law, 2004 of Enugu State that was amended in 2009.

“The latest amendment provides for additional punishment of demolishing buildings used in the imprisonment of kidnap victims in order to deter kidnappers and their accomplices from this nefarious act.

“If kidnap victims are traced to a building and you are found guilty upon determination of the case, such building will be demolished and government takes over the piece of land. No compensation,” he said.

The commissioner said that the move would make developers to be more conscious of their uncompleted projects, which unknown to them, could easily be turned to den of kidnappers.

“If you built your house and left it porous for kidnappers or connive with them to use such buildings to hide their victims and you are found guilty, government pulls it down and takes over,” he said.

Udeuhele said that approval was also given for the upgrade of the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu to a multi-campus and degree awarding institution to meet the socio-political and economic needs of the state.

He said that a draft bill to that effect would immediately be forwarded to the state assembly to be passed into law.

“If IMT becomes a multi-campus system, other branch campuses will be opened in different locations of the state.

“Instead of concentrating everybody in the metropolis, thereby, increasing house rent, you send them to different locations. Maybe each zone will have one or two faculties,” he said.

He said that the move was praise-worthy as the state government already had two polytechnics.

The commissioner said that the State Polytechnic in Iwollo, which currently awarded only OND and HND in agriculture related areas, had applied for the accreditation of more conventional courses.

“Council also approved the award of contracts for the rehabilitation of additional 20.9km of roads in the state.

He said the roads were Opi-Obollo-Affor and 9th Mile Corner internal roads, to be built at the cost of N1.36 billion.

Udeuhele said that N122.22 million was approved for the supply of 10 new 200 KVA sound-proof diesel generators for street lights.

He said that the council also approved Oct. 15 as the date for the launch of the 25 road projects, buildings and water projects to be embarked on in the 17 local government areas. (NAN)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dejohnbull: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
ARROBA:
Saw this pic on another post. Enugu airport terminal
Sonice
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Unemadu:
What time is Rangers match? Pls whoevers goes for the match should upload pics.

Lots of pictures of Rangers victory in this blog, I was in the stadium live and got over 50 pictures http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

Read the topics from Sunday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Buchianom(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nature129:

Emene needs to be developed as well. A place like Ukwu Orji in Emene is long overdue for demolition. Emene needs drinking water system.

Enugu needs to develop Emene because of its proximity to Enugu airports and being the industrial hub of the state.

I agree with you totally. Emene needs a thorough infrastructural upgrade. Mainland ,Destiny , Ukwu-orji and all areas close to the airport doesn't look anything close to a city. I trust Gburu-gburu will do something very soon.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2016
Buchianom:

I agree with you totally. Emene needs a thorough infrastructural upgrade. Mainland ,Destiny , Ukwu-orji and all areas close to the airport doesn't look anything close to a city. I trust Gburu-gburu will do something very soon.

Gburu gburu is still busy in Nsukka, I spent the weekend at Nsukka grin

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/10/actual-construction-pictures-from-opi.html?m=1#comments

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2016
spyder880:

Gburu gburu is still busy in Nsukka, I spent the weekend at Nsukka grin

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/10/actual-construction-pictures-from-opi.html?m=1#comments

I am impressed with the quality of work on the opi-nsk road, I hope they replicate such quality on other roads in the stare most esp those in our urban centers

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
Digitron:

I am impressed with the quality of work on the opi-nsk road, I hope they replicate such quality on other roads in the stare most esp those in our urban centers

The quality of the work is above average.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.