Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784387 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:23am On Dec 07, 2016
Unemadu:
If his plan is to develop Nsukka wats the problem there? We need pics sha

Afterall, Nsukka is also in Enugu state, whats the problem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BlackPikiN(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
If he wants to develop Nsukka, then He should provide the best of the best for the university town. But he shouldn't forget to maintain the beauty of Enugu city. That city is what I call home. I'm not from Enugu state.

Also He should make sure the Enugu Free trade zone and the industrial park comes to fruition. Those investments will change the destiny of Enugu forever.
That's all I ask for.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
Enugu is developing, and we are playing our own part cheesy

Another building developement in the city with the most humble dwellers.... click below

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/12/a-birds-eye-view-of-our-new-ongoing.html

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2016
Forget that Mercedes G- class you are planning to buy so you can opress your neigbours grin

Buy yourself the best Christmas present this end of year. See our list of available plots of land for sale in very developed areas of our Enugu town.

Click http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/ for prices and exact locations.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2016
spyder880:
Forget that Mercedes G- class you are planning to buy so you can opress your neigbours grin

Buy yourself the best Christmas present this end of year. See our list of available plots of land for sale in very developed areas of our Enugu town.

Click http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/ for prices and exact locations.

which part of Enugu is this? The roads are even tarred..some plots of land here ought to be left for building of schools or commercial ventures

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
All the items on this table are made in Enugu! Amazing!

Read the story here.... http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
asha80:
which part of Enugu is this? The roads are even tarred..some plots of land here ought to be left for building of schools or commercial ventures

This is the Golf course layout around GRA, Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MYGFGSGH: 10:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
When Is our turn coming, we the people of Greater Awgu that comprises of. Aninri,Awgu and Oji? If not for Ekweremadu and dodgedness of our people, we would have been backward.
So chime did not represent you in your enugu west?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mishelly: 2:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Did you guys hear of the EVAL company thats going to open up in Egede near ninth mile?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2016
This road work was going on under the administration of Sullivan Chime, and suddenly stopped. Now the work has been restarted, the road will provide a second lane from the Onitsha express road into New market area and into the rest of the town all the way through the state government secretariat.

From ..... http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ugwuanyi proposes N105.79bn budget for 2017 fiscal year

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State on Friday presented a budget of N105.7 billion for the 2017 fiscal year to the state assembly.

Speaking during the presentation, Ugwuanyi said that the budget, tagged ‘Budget of Economic Recovery and Inclusive Development,’ was aimed at injecting life into the economy of the state.

He said the budget represented a 25 per cent increase over the 2016 appropriation which stood at N85.17 billion.

The governor said the sum of N55.19 billion, representing 52 per cent of the total appropriation, was for recurrent expenditure while N50.52 billion, representing 48 per cent, was for capital expenditure.

Ugwuanyi said the 2016 budget had a total sum of N43.795 billion for recurrent expenditure while N41. 443 billion was earmarked for capital expenditure.

“In 2017, the sum of N71.371 billion is our expected recurrent revenue while the recurrent expenditure is N55.197 billion.

“We expect to raise this sum through aggressive revenue drive without placing much burden on the residents of the state,” he said.

The governor said the budget would build on the successes of the 2016 appropriation by improving on human and infrastructural development in the 17 local government areas.

“We shall leverage on public-private partnership to expand all sectors of the state economy, especially in agriculture, health, real estate, education and others.

“We will institutionalise transparency in the delivery of good governance in the state,” he said.

Ugwuanyi said the state government made modest efforts in building a sustainable economy in 2016 and hoped to fund more than 50 per cent of the 2017 budget from internally generated revenue.

“We are targeting N2 billion as our monthly internally generated revenue in the 2017 fiscal year.

“This budget is our plan for the economic recovery of the state and with prudent management we shall realise our dreams and I wish you give it accelerated passage,” he said.

Responding, the Speaker of the assembly, Chief Edward Ubosi, promised a speedy and assiduous passage of the budget.

“We shall also discharge our oversight functions in the monitoring of the implementation of the budget,” Ubosi said.

The post Ugwuanyi proposes N105.79bn budget for 2017 fiscal year appeared first on BusinessDay : News you can trust.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 10:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a thief who has come to kill, steal and destroy Enugu State. By the time that buffoon finishes with Enugu State, sorry will be our name.

Just imagine the sorry of a governor, all we get from the slowpoke and his shameless clannish brothers is only excuses. If Chime were so irresponsible, he would have stolen all the money coming to Enugu treasury and also give excuses of lack of funds. Chime never ever in his administration complained of lack funds.

Shame on Ndi Nsukka, Shame on all of you. You people are a disgrace to Enugu State. I wish you people were yanked off Enugu State map so you can join your Fulani slave masters.

Ugwuanyi bu Onye oshi oo 2x

Please sing with me. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christmalachy(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Y all dis insults.Enugu people are not known for dis.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
biafrandream:
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a thief who has come to kill, steal and destroy Enugu State. By the time that buffoon finishes with Enugu State, sorry will be our name.

Just imagine the sorry of a governor, all we get from the slowpoke and his shameless clannish brothers is only excuses. If Chime was so irresponsible, he would have stolen all the money coming to Enugu treasury and also give excuses of lack of funds. Chime never ever in his administration complained of lack funds.

Shame on Ndi Nsukka, Shame on all of you. You people are a disgrace to Enugu State. I wish you people were yanked off Enugu State map so you can join your Fulani slave masters.

Guy don't start what u cannot finish.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
biafrandream:

Just imagine the sorry of a governor, all we get from the slowpoke and his shameless clannish brothers is only excuses. If Chime was so irresponsible, he would have stolen all the money coming to Enugu treasury and also give excuses of lack of funds. Chime never ever in his administration complained of lack funds.

U are so stupid but u don't know....common get out of here idiot....anu ofia.....oluku na amaghi ihe...onye nzuzu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mee bowanu onwe nnu ndi ara na amaghi ihe...

Oge obula unu ana ezuzu na nairaland

Onu ofias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
New vehicle assembling plant to generate 750 jobs in Enugu

About 750 new jobs will be created between now and August next year when a Chinese firm Hawtai rolls out its Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) to be assembled at the Eastern Vehicle Assembling Limited (EVAL) in Enugu.

This is as research conducted by the company indicated that at least thirty percent raw materials input sourced locally would form part of assemblage of the 24th century stock of cars.

EVAL Managing Director, Sir Joseph Okechukwu, who stated this in Enugu recently, added the firm was investing about five billion Naira into the project in line with the Federal Government’s effort to localize industries.

He stated that President Muhammadu Buhari would on December 10th inaugurate the project sitting on 50 hectares of land at Egede, Ninth mile, Udi council area, adding that the vehicles are 100 percent steel construction.
“The project is one of a kind because the vehicles we are about to bring into Nigeria, is a twenty four century technology vehicles. They are 100% steel construction. This is in partnership with Hawtai in China. The vehicles are highly technological. It will for the first 3Greal time system vehicle,” he stated.

Okechukwu, who was part of the Federal Government’s delegation during President Buhari’s visit to China, added that the interest in the Hawtai range of cars increased after the visit where the delegation discussed with officials of the company.

“Haitai Motor Group, are the only Chinese Vehicle manufacturer with 10 years experience in SUV production, largest clean diesel, and Intellectual property right on automobile. They intend to develop our own local materials to support the industry which has a time frame. They will reduce our dependence on foreign components. We are going to have supporting industries that will help in the components of the vehicles. They are bringing quality vehicles not fiber. Affordability is the key and the vehicles are covered with five years warranty and they intend to have Showrooms in all the six geo political zones staring with southeast”, he said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Enugu Govt to deploy 5,000 new teachers in January

The Enugu State Government says it will deploy the newly recruited 5,000 teachers to various primary and secondary schools in the state in January 2017. The Chairman of the state’s Post-Primary School Management Board (PPSMB), Mr Nestor Ezeme, made the disclosure on Tuesday at Queen’s School Enugu, during the scholarship award for winners of an essay competition by the school’s old girls. Ezeme said that the move was part of Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s efforts to improve education in the state. The chairman also announced the abolition of special or miracle centres for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in the state. “Henceforth, all SS2 students must write their WASSC examination in their respective schools and any SS2 student who leaves the school to write the examination elsewhere will not be accepted by any school in the state. “Let me warn that any school principal found admitting SS3 students will be sanctioned by the government,’’ he warned. Teacher Ezeme commended the Queen’s School, Enugu Old Girls Association for instituting the scholarship award for 13 exemplary students, urging them to do more for their alma mater. He also congratulated the winners of the awards for making their school proud and advised them to work harder and win more prizes. Earlier, the representative of the US branch of the old girls association, Miss Nkechi Ugwu, said that they conducted an essay competition for 30 students of the school. Ugwu said that five of the students who performed excellently received N100,000 each, while eight of them that also did well got consolation prizes of N25,000 each.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/enugu-govt-to-deploy-5000-new-teachers-in-january/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BlackPikiN(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
please, no insults. I wish that post can be deleted.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Dec 25, 2016
For all my readers, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. May all your dreams come true. Your support and encouragement has kept us going all year long, GOD bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Dec 25, 2016
Ndi be anyi, ekene diri unu. Biko, ka anyi kpachapu anya n' ihe anyi choro ikwu oge obula, ka anyi hapu ikwu okwu ga akpasu ndi ozo iwe.

Ikpo mmadu ma obu ndi be ha iyi abughi ihe eji mara ndi Enugu. Anyi bu ndi udo, ndi ezigbo omume na ndi na ahu nwanne ha n' anya.

Ka anyi jiri ofu obi were dozie Enugu state.

Udo diri uno.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AlNur: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
biafrandream:

Just imagine the sorry of a governor, all we get from the slowpoke and his shameless clannish brothers is only excuses. If Chime were so irresponsible, he would have stolen all the money coming to Enugu treasury and also give excuses of lack of funds. Chime never ever in his administration complained of lack funds.

bloody idiot you need to visit the nearest psychiatric because you are not in good condition at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
biafrandream:

What sort of stupidity is this? Is this wht it has gotten to?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
no need of the Insult .he's trying his best even though I think he should put more effort

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
Long time no update
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
basilo102:
Long time no update
any update about the indusstrial park by the chinese?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
keenly following the thread, we need more updates from those in the city. I appreciate the few updates on the effort of our amiable guvnor to transform the state wholly. And to those against the government effort, especially the one pouring vituperations and vilifying the government, should learn to criticize with facts.

We are Umu Enugu and bickering or squabbling of any kind is not in our DNA. We are our brothers keeper regardless of political boundaries.

Oga Spyder880, we need more of your frequent updates here even though I occasionally visit your blog.

Happy New Year umunne!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
christejames:
keenly following the thread, we need more updates from those in the city. I appreciate the few updates on the effort of our amiable guvnor to transform the state wholly. And to those against the government effort, especially the one pouring vituperations and vilifying the government, should learn to criticize with facts.

We are Umu Enugu and bickering or squabbling of any kind is not in our DNA. We are our brothers keeper regardless of political boundaries.

Oga Spyder880, we need more of your frequent updates here even though I occasionally visit your blog.

Happy New Year umunne!!!
it seems you know a lot that we don't. So, why don't you do us the honours by posting pictures.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
christejames:

Happy New Year umunne!!!

As you can see there is almost nothing going on to post...Unlike when Chime's bulldozers were tearing Enugu apart... Even though governor is doing his best, I believe him can do more...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

it seems you know a lot that we don't. So, why don't you do us the honours by posting pictures.

...would have loved to, but I'm in Nsukka now (just entered this evening). And I can say without equivocation that the government of the state is doing its best. I just want updates from the capital city cause it's been almost two years that I visited there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Incredibleme: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
I was expecting this thread to be full of new developmental constructions, guess gburugburu isn't as competent as chime. There is a lot happening in anambra and imo is a construction site. Abia is gathering momentum dont know whats happening in ebonyi except for of course the agriculture...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Stingman:

As you can see there is almost nothing going on to post...Unlike when Chime's bulldozers were tearing Enugu apart... Even though governor is doing his best, I believe him can do more...

so if people say they is nothing happening in the state you will believe?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.