Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1788720 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2017
This is sadly Emene the industrial layout of Enugu state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2017
His Excellency Rt.Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Gburu Gburu) should please do something this approaching harmattan. We cannot let this road remain like this one more year. Onye isi biko!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2017
This is really a shame to the strides his excellency is trying to achieve

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2017
His Excellency Rt.Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Gburu Gburu) should please do something this approaching harmattan.

This company by the left produces over 10 tankers of palm kernel oil a day! Palm kernel oil was said to sell better than crude oil when crude was selling for less than $40. This man should be enjoying the support of the government through infrastructural support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2017
This is SON a federal govt parastatal to the right. How sad!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2017
As you approach FTC (A federal parastatal) Look at this brothers and sisters.. shocked shocked cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2017
The massive landed PRODA is just opposite. Please Gburu Gburu help the many private businesses there and repair this road. I am more particular about the school because that standard of investment should not be battling with the challenge of road.

ESWAMA what is your role again? Look at this mess guys?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:44am On Nov 04, 2017
As you approach the school. Biko umu nne m these are just a few of the many pics I took that day, I don't want to post anymore so as not to ruin the face of this excellent thread.

What have y'all got to say to this level of decay in our road infrastructure in obodo anyi bu Enugwu? cry cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
Cjrane2:

Please what family from Awlaw are you from? This is a serious forum so stop being childish.

P-L-E-A-S-E STOP telling white lies here!!

Post the pictures of the phantom projects so i can personally go and verify it. Onye asi!

I am from Awlaw Isiama even though I don't need your validation. You can go verify.

Screaming to satisfy you parochial views don't impress me.

You may wallow in your ignorant state
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
Cjrane2:

You better stop lying. This statement alone makes me think you are Abagworo that thinks everyone online is a fool so he lies shamelessly on things everyone can verify is a lie.

Rotimi Amaechi built the road from PH to Owerri and stopped at the Rivers state boundary. HE WAS NOT REFUNDED BY FG!

The same FG has not completed the dualization from Rivers State boundary to reach Owerri.- FACT!
NDDC stepped in and repaired a few really bad sections and now funding most of the project.

We discussed the same topic here in NL : https://www.nairaland.com/2398372/11-states-seek-n300.5bn-refund
http://www.thescoopng.com/2014/07/06/gov-amaechi-says-fg-owes-rivers-state-n105-billion-get-huge/

Now please stop lying and post the projects you claimed happened in your hometown Awlaw. Muo Asi!

By the way, stop googling names of towns in Enugu state and claiming they are your hometown. I actually have very close family friends from Awlaw and can verify anything happening in that town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00qs11EgzTE

Again you are entitled to your hateful state.
Thank God we now hear positive things about Amaechi from you wailers. Which federal admin refused to pay Amaechi back from the onset?

If you can't tell the difference between the state of that road at the boundary between Rivers and Imo state then and now you must be a hypocrite.

I encourage you to call your Awlaw N'ato friends then come back and argue with facts.

Who you think I am is of little interest to me. Small minds and awkward conclusions irritate me
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
ChimaAgbalajob:

Abagworo,
Please leave this forum and other Igbo forum.

Nobody says you should not do your dirty job, but please do it in the other threads as clicking on your previous posts easily reveal your dirty job. I just pray Chino does not find you here.

I see y'all just love ad hominem banter. Go sort out whatever beef you have Abagworo and face the message I bring your deprived heart.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
ActNowGov:
As you approach the school. Biko umu nne m these are just a few of the many pics I took that day, I don't want to post anymore so as not to ruin the face of this excellent thread.

What have y'all got to say to this level of decay in our road infrastructure in obodo anyi bu Enugwu? cry cry

Brothers, is this not a state government road or is it a Federal road?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 3:03am On Nov 05, 2017
[img][/img]When the first international flight took off from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu on August 13, 2013, it was expected that four years later, the airport would be servicing at least three more international carriers.

This is because industry market analysts believe that the airlines would have international passengers from Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, Abakaliki, Nsukka, Owerri, Awka and other areas in the South East and South South zones of the country who would spend less than two hours to the airport and board their flights rather than travel about six hours to Abuja or Lagos to travel overseas.

Also there are heavy cargoes coming from mainly Asia, where many businessmen and women from the South East region import goods from and it would be easier to move such goods from Enugu than from Lagos or Abuja because of proximity advantage.

In fact, hauling goods from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport to cities in the South East is fraught with many challenges, including the loss or damage of such goods on transit, invasion by night marauders who most often maim and kill truck drivers on the highway, especially in the night.

But after the elation of that first flight by Ethiopia Airlines, which has continued to maintain that route, no other airline has started operation from the airport.

[b]THISDAY spoke to the Manager of Enugu Airport, Mr. Mgbemene Orji, who explained why the airport has not attracted more international carriers, which also explained why even some local carriers are not operating the route despite passenger surge.
Orji explained that the airport cannot operate 24 hours because of structural deficiencies at the airport, but for now it could only operate from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm daily.

The Manager said there is no enough water for firefighting because it is difficult to dig borehole at the airport due to coal deposits. Currently the airport management buys water from tankers everyday but this is not enough to provide adequate fire cover for large body aircraft or higher number of aircraft traffic.

“Currently we are building overhead tank but it is nothing if we cannot source underground water, which will be in adequate supply to meet the fire cover needs,” Mgbemene said.

[b]
He also noted that there are no approach lights, which are usually located at the two ends of the runway, about four kilometers before the runway. These are lights that guide the aircraft to the runway, especially in the night.
“On one side of the approach to the runway, there is Orie Emene Market, which must be relocated so that the approach light can be installed. The other side of the approach is located at Abakpa Nike area of Enugu. The day FAAN engineers wanted to install lights at that area, the indigenes said they were not compensated for the land and therefore would not allow the installation”, he added.

The Airport Manager also disclosed that there are two masts, one owned by Enugu State Broadcasting Service (ESBS) and the other by the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) at the Abakpa Nike end of the runway. These masts obstruct flight approach, necessitating that immediately the aircraft takes off it must bank right to avoid collision with the masts. This makes flying to Enugu airport more difficult during the Harmattan.
But the Enugu State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe in reaction to the problems of the Enugu Airport said,

“The Enugu State government had never been approached by FAAN in relation to the foregoing issues. Besides, most of these concerns are actually not areas state governments can statutorily delve into.”
THISDAY learnt that more international airlines would be operating to Enugu if these obstacles were removed and the benefits of 24 hours flight operations to Enugu include more jobs for the citizens, the people travelling at their convenience and also more businesses coming to the city and environs.

FAAN believes that the Enugu State government could help to solve these problems because it would be of immense benefit to the state and its people when more airlines begin to fly to Enugu, popularly known as Coal City.
For example, Enugu stat government can settle the host community at the Abakpa Nike area so that the approach light can be installed by compensating them for the land even engage them to protect the installation and the state government can also relocate the Orie Market in Emene.[/b]

THISDAY gathered that Emirates, Qatar Airways and some international cargo airlines may indicate interest to operate from Enugu if thee safety critical equipment is installed.

“I am aware that there are plans by some cargo airlines to bring cargo from Dubai, Malaysia, China and other parts of Asia through the Enugu airport if the airport can operate for 24 hours. Most international airlines like to operate in the night to their hub so that they will start distributing passengers to their connecting flights in the morning. Night flights will really help the Enugu airport,” an official of FAAN told THISDAY in Lagos.
THISDAY also gathered that there is job to be completed on the Enugu airport runway by Julius Berger, which has been called back to site and work on the terminal building is yet to be completed.

“There is a subsisting contract on the runway and work on the terminal building so the Minister of State, Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika has called the company back to site,” revealed the FAAN official in Lagos.

It is the view of many in the aviation industry stakeholders that the burden of managing the airports by FAAN has become cumbersome due to depleting revenue so state governments have been supporting the agency to maintain the airports located in their areas. So it is expected that the state governors in the South East, and especially the Governor of Enugu state should give support to Enugu airport to solve the aforementioned challenges so that the airport would improve its status to the benefit of the people of the zone and the state.[/b] https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/11/03/actualising-enugu-airports-intl-status/ [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2017
spyder880:

Brothers, is this not a state government road or is it a Federal road?

I think it is a Cat C road which is a state government road. Although the number of federal parastatals there make me have a rethink if it is a federal road. (By the way I learnt that it was the pencil and ceramic sections of PRODA that Ogbonnaya Onu the minister of science and technology visited in 2015 and said that Nigeria will start manufacturing pencils by 2017. I will try and find out on my next visit there if any pencil has been produce by PRODA).

Nonetheless state or federal, the governor His Excellency can decide to take it upon himself as this industrial hub in Emene is a heart beat of Enugwu.

Industries are the lifeline of any sustainable economy. China have demonstrated that beyond all reasonable doubt.
Gburu Gburu should do something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:06am On Nov 06, 2017
Please address the governor as mr Governor. Whats with all these “his excellency”, “honorable” and all these bullshit. Maybe you should add his “majesty”. Rubbish

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TheKingdom: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
But I thought OBJ said the governor is the best in the East LOL
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
9 November 2017

There was jubilation in Abakpa Nike, Enugu East Local Government Area of Enugu State over the flag off of four major roads’ rehabilitation in the area, which were among the five road contracts awarded by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, a few days ago.
Gov. Ugwuanyi had during his recent visits to Abakpa Nike Market road, Ugboghe and Ogwuagor communities in the Abakpa-Nike, Enugu, in company of the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi, promised the people of the areas that his administration will take urgent action towards rehabilitating their roads in the dry season. The governor, who visited the area, recently reassured the people that “massive works will commence on these roads immediately”. Keeping faith with the promise, the State Executive Council on Wednesday, approved the award of contracts for the construction of five urban and rural areas, mainly in Abakpa Nike, Enugu East L.G.A. Flagging off the projects, Gov. Ugwuanyi who was represented by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Greg Nnaji, said that the projects, which have three-month duration for completion, were targeted at ameliorating the hardship being encountered by the people of the areas as a result of the deplorable condition of the roads.

The Works Commissioner noted the importance of the road to the communities, saying that the governor was passionate about improving the living standard of the people of the state, describing him as “one who is committed to fulfilling every promise he made at all time”. He disclosed that the approval for the award of contracts for the rehabilitation of the roads were obtained “48 hours ago to be precise”, adding that the immediate flag off was proof of the desire of the governor to fulfill his promise.
Reacting to the development, Chief Elias Agbo, the representative of Landlords and Landladies of Ogwuagor community, expressed surprise that a governor could make such promise and fulfill it, accordingly, saying: “Gov. Ugwuanyi is an action governor who makes promises and keeps them”.

Chief Agbo said that the residents of the community asked him to come and witness the flag off ceremony, to confirm that “what Gov. Ugwuanyi – Gburugburu, said he will do, he is actually doing it”, adding that “we have already seen with our eyes”.
He thanked the governor for providing the two transformers he promised the community the last time he visited, assuring him of their support and prayers.

“On behalf of the Ogwuagor landlords and landladies as well as the rest of the residents, I am here promising His Excellency and his administration that we are solidly behind him. Wherever he goes, we shall go with him because, Gburugburu is a man of action and we have seen love exhibited by him”, the community leader said.

At Abakpa Nike Market road, the Chairman of the Market Traders Association, Mr. Henry Ugwu, described Gov. Ugwuanyi as “a promise keeper”, saying the commencement of work on the road will impact positively on the lives of the people of the area, especially the traders.
He said the governor was at the market a few days ago to reassure them that work will commence on the road immediately and “ today, we the people of Abakpa are glad that we are flagging off the road construction”, saying: “ we are commending him and will support his administration till the end of his second term”
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
TheKingdom:
But I thought OBJ said the governor is the best in the East LOL

Obj? Who believes that clown now?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
Cooly100:
9 November 2017

There was jubilation in Abakpa Nike, Enugu East Local Government Area of Enugu State over the flag off of four major roads’ rehabilitation in the area, which were among the five road contracts awarded by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, a few days ago.
Gov. Ugwuanyi had during his recent visits to Abakpa Nike Market road, Ugboghe and Ogwuagor communities in the Abakpa-Nike, Enugu, in company of the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi, promised the people of the areas that his administration will take urgent action towards rehabilitating their roads in the dry season. The governor, who visited the area, recently reassured the people that “massive works will commence on these roads immediately”. Keeping faith with the promise, the State Executive Council on Wednesday, approved the award of contracts for the construction of five urban and rural areas, mainly in Abakpa Nike, Enugu East L.G.A. Flagging off the projects, Gov. Ugwuanyi who was represented by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Greg Nnaji, said that the projects, which have three-month duration for completion, were targeted at ameliorating the hardship being encountered by the people of the areas as a result of the deplorable condition of the roads.

The Works Commissioner noted the importance of the road to the communities, saying that the governor was passionate about improving the living standard of the people of the state, describing him as “one who is committed to fulfilling every promise he made at all time”. He disclosed that the approval for the award of contracts for the rehabilitation of the roads were obtained “48 hours ago to be precise”, adding that the immediate flag off was proof of the desire of the governor to fulfill his promise.
Reacting to the development, Chief Elias Agbo, the representative of Landlords and Landladies of Ogwuagor community, expressed surprise that a governor could make such promise and fulfill it, accordingly, saying: “Gov. Ugwuanyi is an action governor who makes promises and keeps them”.

Chief Agbo said that the residents of the community asked him to come and witness the flag off ceremony, to confirm that “what Gov. Ugwuanyi – Gburugburu, said he will do, he is actually doing it”, adding that “we have already seen with our eyes”.
He thanked the governor for providing the two transformers he promised the community the last time he visited, assuring him of their support and prayers.

“On behalf of the Ogwuagor landlords and landladies as well as the rest of the residents, I am here promising His Excellency and his administration that we are solidly behind him. Wherever he goes, we shall go with him because, Gburugburu is a man of action and we have seen love exhibited by him”, the community leader said.

At Abakpa Nike Market road, the Chairman of the Market Traders Association, Mr. Henry Ugwu, described Gov. Ugwuanyi as “a promise keeper”, saying the commencement of work on the road will impact positively on the lives of the people of the area, especially the traders.
He said the governor was at the market a few days ago to reassure them that work will commence on the road immediately and “ today, we the people of Abakpa are glad that we are flagging off the road construction”, saying: “ we are commending him and will support his administration till the end of his second term”

Bros are you saying this Emene road has been commissioned? shocked :oI pray so sha. undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
count down to 2017 phyno fest in coal city... just few hours to go.

http://outravelandtour.com/phyno-fest-2017/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
Another indication that we in the South East have Merchants as Governors...irresponsible bunch of thieving politicians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fayose is there protecting the lives and property of his peoplw while that fat bufffoon called Ugwuanyi went to Abuja to cry like a baby..
Bunch of cowards..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 1:33am On Nov 19, 2017
Igbo soups that you cant get enough of.

http://outravelandtour.com/top-10-popular-igbo-soups/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by hornyofife: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2017
Today is phynofest, umunne, can those going post pictures here on Nairaland?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2017

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mangood74: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
follow JESUS not phyno biko nu umu igbo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TheKingdom: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
2 things:

Well 3,

1: I like Phyno and Flavour and dem

2: If these people, those in the crowd particularly, used this same energy to protest against their crying and weak governor and governors, then maybe that airport would have been "International" by now, and someone would have asked about the whereabouts on Kanu, or probe the medical bills for Ekwueme.

3. That stadium, Zik stadium, is so poor and outdated, that it is a pity to even be using it for anything

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2017
mangood74:
follow JESUS not phyno biko nu umu igbo

funny statement

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2017
TheKingdom:
2 things:

Well 3,

1: I like Phyno and Flavour and dem

2: If these people, those in the crowd particularly, used this same energy to protest against their crying and weak governor and governors, then maybe that airport would have been "International" by now, and someone would have asked about the whereabouts on Kanu, or probe the medical bills for Ekwueme.

3. That stadium, Zik stadium, is so poor and outdated, that it is a pity to even be using it for anything
not sure what kanu is doing in this your assertions but i agree with others

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 2:53am On Nov 26, 2017
Please I am still asking ooo.

So, Did President Buhari actually fly into Enugu international airport, saw that part of the glass wall of an international airport in a country where he is President was destroyed by wind for more than 2 years now, and he just ignored it and perhaps applauded his Minister for Transport for ignoring this and doing nothing for 2 years? I thought before Buhari's visit, they would fix it so as not to embarrass the President?

I have seen so many irresponsible federal regimes in Nigeria, but I have never seen a more irresponsible government than this one! Kai!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.