Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1788503 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Dec 09, 2017
SoNature:
Ndi Igbo are busy shouting restructuring while south east governors are wasting time. South East governors should gear their efforts towards industrialization.

Our IGR is poorest in the south yet we are shouting restructuring up and down. The north is getting ready for it by establishing industries.

South West and some parts of South South have massive industries, which explains why their IGR is biggest in the south. The east seems to be the only region taking first position from behind.

And Okorocha is busy moulding statues and kicking against restructuring.

The biggest calamity of South east is brain drain!

If Nigeria is restructured today, it's going to take the east a long time to stabilize because our states depend largely on federal allocation.

https://www.nairaland.com/4221298/kano-buhari-visits-oil-rice.

I had to look at the link you attached to see that this might be a government built factory and not privately managed. And I am fully against the South east government building industries to produce anything. Until they explain to us what killed AVOP, Anammco, Dailly times and Nigercem? My point is that government has never been good managers of industries and so they should keep their hands off them. The push should be towards providing an enabling environment that can promote private investors to bring in money and set up production facilities that will supply our local needs. How can we be using vegetable oil packaged from afar while we have good lands that can grow groundnuts only to leave them for people to graze.

I don't understand why Emene industrial layout does not have good inner street roads? I still have not seen any serious push by the government to facilitate the survival of more industrialization in the Ninth mile axis or any other place. Enugu state government is only visible in grabbing lands and selling them to those who wants to buy and build mansions while neglecting the poor who are living in squalor at Ngenevu and Ugbo Odogwu.

The power situation in this country seems to be planned to kill small businesses. How can I power the innovate ideas I have with a petrol generator in this fuel scarcity?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2017
spyder880:

Through my whole town, even passing so close to this my house grin

Merry Christmas in advance everyone grin
chai you must the happiest man alive now..after much lamenting finally a road not only leazding to your village but passing through your house cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InvertedHammer: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2017
Cjrane2:

This is an Excellent house, but the windows are always too small. I don't why the make such designs?
/

It will be difficult to pass 40" TV and other gadgets through that window when nobody is home. May be that's why. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by legitnow: 11:54am On Dec 09, 2017
spyder880:

That sharp bend is well planned. If I had taken the picture from the opposite end of the road, you will see that the spot I stood to take this picture is exactly on the Enugu-Port Harcourt federal highway and we need these bends to slow down any vehicles speeding up towards the express. I also suggest more speed bumps at that point before drivers speed into fast traffic heading to Enugu city.

Nwanne madu, How is work going on our international airport?

International airport Enugu, international cargo city Anambra.

We are on the move.

Wat is remaining is deep seaport in Opobo/Bonny island or Akwa Ibom.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Prinzyy: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2017
Cjrane2:

This is an Excellent house, but the windows are always too small. I don't why the make such designs?
he no wan anybody to peep whenever he's in the oda rum. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FemiFimile: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
See dreams
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
Cjrane2:

Our people have a very very funny mentality that Lagos makes them "civilized" or more "respectable" than anywhere in the SE. even if they live in a rat hole in Lagos grin

I say this as someone who is living in Lagos and see what our people go through there. The smart ones usually find a way to build a decent business for themselves in the SE than running around in Lagos living like a rat being chased around. i have seen a few smart girls set up hair dressing and braiding saloons in Obosi and Aba, than remain jobless and working as maid servants in Mama-put in Lagos. On the other hand, I have seen the follish ones living in Makoko slums in Lagos claiming to be somewhat "better off" than people living in GRA or independence layout enugu!!! On what grounds bikonu?

Even those Ebonyi youths selling pure water in Lagos traffic see themselves as "better' than those with decent market shops and earning a decent living as a merchant in Abakaliki.

In the same vein, i can see our people thinking that arriving or leaving the country through Lagos or Abuja somehow makes them "higher or superior" than arriving or leaving in Enugu. The illiterate mentality is real and just needs to be addressed.

PDPGuy:

Lol

In addition to your reasons, I also think that ticket prices are another reason why most Igbo diasporas prefer flying to Lagos or Abuja.

The relatively expensive ticket to Enugu may be due to the fact that the airport still lacks some critical safety infrastructure. Hence, Ethiopian Airlines would want to guarantee that they have enough money in the bank in the event of something terrible happening to their aircraft.

shaibu123:
The reason why people fly to lagos or Abuja is the ticket price. For example from any European country to Enugu will cost between €900-€1200,why lagos or Abuja can sometimes go as cheap as €398 return ticket. So if you have a family of 2 adults and 3 kids flying to Enugu it Will cost you €4900 but if you choose to fly to lagos or Abuja it will cost you €2500 on average. So when you put 2 and 1 together you will understand. Enugu Airport has to undergo serious rehabilitation in every area to allow for more traffic from other airlines. And this will cause competition between the airlines. At the moment Ethiopian airlines decides the price,no competition.

One wonders why all these lies are flying around the internet about Enugu being more expensive?

Please just search flight prices for yourself from your local city and stop listening to these professional propagandists here on NL that have one agenda or another and sell lies & deceit to those lazy enough not to verify the truth for themselves.

Who is really bent on fostering this propaganda against Enugu airport? ...and for what mischievously diabolical benefit ?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Join us next week as we commission our latest housing Estate in Enugu, made up of 120 housing units. Infrastructural work is 98% completed as @ 31/11/2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2017
For the past 20 years, we have contributed our quota to the development of Enugu state real estate sector by providing decent accommodations or homes to many families through our mortgage financing scheme. Our estates speaks for our hardwork, diligence and integrity. Due to popular demamd as these 120 houses have already been sold out, we are starting phase 3 in the same location. With a minimum equity contribution of N4.5M, you can be a proud owner of this 3 bedrooms all ensuite in a serene and secured environment.
Enugu is moving, join us today!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:
Join us next week as we commission our latest housing Estate in Enugu, made up of 120 housing units. Infrastructural work is 98% completed as @ 31/11/2017
your company should consider the greenery of their estates and not having them look like concrete jungle.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:
For the past 20 years, we have contributed our quota to the development of Enugu state real estate sector by providing decent accommodations or homes to many families through our mortgage financing scheme. Our estates speaks for our hardwork, diligence and integrity. Due to popular demamd as these 120 houses have already been sold out, we are starting phase 3 in the same location. With a minimum equity contribution of N4.5M, you can be a proud owner of this 3 bedrooms all ensuite in a serene and secured environment.
Enugu is moving, join us today!!

Please, where is the estate located in Enugu? How much is the total cost of the 3 bedroom bungalow?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
Stingman:

Please, where is the estate located in Enugu? How much is the total cost of the 3 bedroom bungalow?

Centenary city, off Enugu - portharcourt express by ugwuaji.
Standard option N15M
Full option N18M

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Oga,
Great job on completing your estate. One thing that differentiates a conducive residential neighborhood from a prison is the presence of many trees and flowers in nice neighborhoods.

If you plant trees and flowers in the estate to make it habitable, it won't be a crime o.

Infact it will generally improve the value of your estate and the price people will be willing to pay to live in such conducive neighborhood. Think about it.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Cjrane2:

Oga,
Great job on completing your estate. One thing that differentiate a conducive residential neighborhood from a prison is the presence of many trees and flowers in nice neighborhoods.

If you plant trees and flowers in the estate to make it habitable, it won't be a crime o

Your opinion is welcomed.We have a green zone within this estate and a community centre sir, note also these are individual houses owned by different people with different choices. We have in place flower courts built within each compound. We have tried to accomodate various opinions in the design and we will also implement what the community wish in the future.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Your opinion is welcomed.We have a green zone within this estate and a community centre sir, note also these are individual houses owned by different people with different choices. We have in place flower courts built within each compound. We have tried to accomodate various opinions in the design and we will also implement what the community wish in the future.

Our estates are primarily targeted at the middle class as 75% of these house owners are the working class both in private and public sectors. There is a limit to what federal mortgage bank will avail to these people. You and I know that cost is a serious factor in real estate, when we make it too exquisite, many people can not afford it. The picture I posted here is also work in process. When we are done, you will see a big difference. Thanks for your concern.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Good explanation.
But this is exactly the problem. Saying you are waiting for prospective home owners to plant flowers and trees around their homes and along the street is simply saying it will never happen. People can't even sweep their streets and you expect them to plant flowers? I know this is a difficult concept for estate developers in the Southeast to grasp, but it is already the norm in places like Abuja where they professionally plant trees and flowers around each house and along the roads. They do proper finishing of the estate so when you come in there, you already know it's a decent environment and you simply maintain it.

If your homes are worth N15 million the way they are, people will argue because they don't see what it could become with adequate flowers etc. Now if you added N500,000 and used that cost to green up each street and each house with adequate flowers and trees, you immediately transform the environment and people will not even argue if you said the houses are worth N16 - N20 million. Believe me, people pay for neighborhoods they live in and not just the direct physical cost of cement, electrical fittings and iron rods used in the physical construction of the house. Which unfortunately is what many property companies are narrowly focused on.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Cjrane2:

Good explanation.
But this is exactly the problem. Saying you are waiting for prospective home owners to plant flowers and trees around their homes and along the street is simply saying it will never happen. People can't even sweep their streets and you expect them to plant flowers? I know this is a difficult concept for estate developers in the Southeast to grasp, but it is already the norm in places like Abuja where they professionally plant trees and flowers around each house and along the roads. They do proper finishing of the estate so when you come in there, you already know it's a decent environment.

If your homes are worth N15 million the way they are, people will argue because they don't see what it could become with adequate flowers etc. Now if you added N500,000 and used that cost to green up each street and each house with adequate flowers and trees, you immediately transform the environment and people will not even argue if you said the houses are worth N16 - N20 million. Believe me, people pay for neighborhoods they live in and not just the direct physical cost of cement, electrical fittings and iron rods used in the physical construction of the house. Which unfortunately is what many property companies are narrowly focused on.
Don't even waste your strength. We're in a country where people's major concern is making money. Rarely do people do things for the love of it. Afterall, according to them, people who will live in those houses are not complaining. I think everything stems from the government. If the government puts such legislation to bare, everyone will have no option but to follow it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

God forbid me waste N18 million naira ($52,000 dollars) to buy that nasty crap posted there.

Instead of spending N18 million naira to buy in that nasty, prison yard of an estate, i would buy land in Spyder's estate for N1-2 million naira and enjoy decent looking houses in my neighborhood and gradually build a decent duplex with enough flowers and trees to make it conducive for raising my children. The total cost will a still be better than one of these tiny jail cells for N18 million naira in such dusty environment.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
OreMI22:

God forbid me spending N18 million naira ($52,000 dollars) to buy that nasty crap posted there.

Instead of spending N18 million naira to buy in that nasty, prison yard of an estate, i would buy land in Spyder's estate and enjoy decent looking houses in my neighborhood with enough flowers and trees to make it conducive for raising my children.

Your choice of words sha, well its not by force. As i said the houses have already been sold out. Empty land in this locations goes for N18,000 per square meter. Do your calculations and tell me how much you will spend to build a similar crap as you call it. I am also aware some estate has been in the making in Enugu for the past 5 years but this project started february 2017, we are proud of the huge investment we poured into Enugu economy. While the governor speaks on the 18th, please tell him over N700M and still counting is a prison yard. grin. This is a 100% private investment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Your choice of words sha, well its not by force. As i said the houses have already been sold out. Empty land in this locations goes for N18,000 per square meter. Do your calculations and tell me how much you will spend to build a similar crap as you call it. I am also aware some estate has been in the making in Enugu for the past 5 years but this project started february 2017, we are proud of the huge investment we poured into Enugu economy. While the governor speaks on the 18th, please tell him over N700M and still counting is a prison yard. grin. This is a 100% private investment.

Ok, i apologize for my choice of words.
I want to buy or build a home in Naija. Just that people like to reap their brothers off.

Even in America $50-60K will fetch a small decent home in the surburbs of most median cities, despite their huge cost of labor.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
OreMI22:

I want to buy or build a home in Naija. Just that people like to reap their brothers off.

Even in America $50-60K will fetch a small decent home in the surburbs of most median cities, despite their huge cost of labor.

The truth is that certain economic theories don't work here. During the financial melt down of few years ago in USA, real estate prices went low. As Nigeria experienced recession, it was expected that real estate prices will drop accordingly, this never happened, where it did, it was marginal. 90% of our clients paid only N5.8M including associated cost to own these houses with the expectation that in the next 5 or 10 years, what they ll be repaying monthly will be very marginal and their property value would have at the same time gone up. Cost of funds in Nigeria is very high, remember we are providing basic amenities, police post is already built, the drainages and tarred road network, electricity, etc which ordinary the government should have done. Its very few investors that can do what we have done. On the greenery of the estate, this can be remodeled at any time if the community agrees. But I bet you our estates are very conducive and we shall always improve on it.
You can as well buy our serviced plots and show us american model and I bet you, your neighbors will follow you :DD, as Enugu like beautiful things

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

The truth is that certain economic theories don't work here. During the financial melt down of few years ago in USA, real estate prices went low. As Nigeria experienced recession, it was expected that real estate prices will drop accordingly, this never happened, where it did, it was marginal. 90% of our clients paid only N5.8M including associated cost to own these houses with the expectation that in the next 5 or 10 years, what they ll be repaying monthly will be very marginal and their property value would have at the same time gone up. Cost of funds in Nigeria is very high, remember we are providing basic amenities, police post is already built, the drainages and tarred road network, electricity, etc which ordinary the government should have done. Its very few investors that can do what we have done. On the greenery of the estate, this can be remodeled at any time if the community agrees. But I bet you our estates are very conducive and we shall always improve on it.
You can as well buy our serviced plots and show us american model and I bet you, your neighbors will follow you :DD, as Enugu like beautiful things

I see your point. Both of you have good points. But in general, our people should take aesthetics, greenery and beautification seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Our estates are primarily targeted at the middle class as 75% of these house owners are the working class both in private and public sectors. There is a limit to what federal mortgage bank will avail to these people. You and I know that cost is a serious factor in real estate, when we make it too exquisite, many people can not afford it. The picture I posted here is also work in process. When we are done, you will see a big difference. Thanks for your concern.

Yes, I understand there are many challenges in real estate sector in Nigeria that add to the cost of providing adequate housing, but there are other ways to reduce cost. For example, with a simple roofing design would have saved some cost. We build prison yard and call it home, the cost of the front wall was not necessary would have channeled to landscaping and covered drainage because the estate is already gated. Even as the developer you don't have the money for tree planting you would have made provision for it when planning for the streets and make it mandatory in the sales agreement that each landlord plant trees. They can't even plant trees if they want to, just look at the picture what do you see the wall, open drainage and the road no space for trees.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
jamjo:

Yes, I understand there are many challenges in real estate sector in Nigeria that add to the cost of providing adequate housing, but there are other ways to reduce cost. For example, with a simple roofing design would have saved some cost. We build prison yard and call it home, the cost of the front wall was not necessary would have channeled to landscaping and covered drainage because the estate is already gated. Even as the developer you don't have the money for tree planting you would have made provision for it when planning for the streets and make it mandatory in the sales agreement that each landlord plant trees. They can't even plant trees if they want to, just look at the picture what do you see the wall, open drainage and the road no space for trees.

Thanks for the points you raised and its been noted as well. Note also that front wall was solely done on request by the home owners. A lot of the homes did not have this front wall and mini gate. The pics I posted here did not also tell then whole story as I will post a better view upon completetion and commissioning on the 18th. Work is still ongoing.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
christejames:

The quality of the work is topnotch... that's one thing I love about Enugu state, building of legacy infrastructures, and not in the league of states that hurriedly teds and pour coal tar on roads in the guise of constructing so many roads.
Thanks so much Ikeoha (Ekweremadu) for this intervention, it's indeed special.

Please confirm whether this is a federal or state project.

Meanwhile if it is a state govt project why give credit to Ekweremadu and not Gburugburu? If it is a federal project why not give credit to Buhari and the minister in charge?

Just wondering.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
property123:

Thanks for the points you raised and its been noted as well. Note also that front wall was solely done on request by the home owners. A lot of the homes did not have this front wall and mini gate. The pics I posted here did not also tell then whole story as I will post a better view upon completetion and commissioning on the 18th. Work is still ongoing.

I can see you are an open-minded individual who recognizes constructive criticisms, keep up the good work because I really appreciate what you do in Southeast God almighty will continue to bless your business. Please if I may ask why open drainage in the 21st century? I will love in your future projects to make landscaping one of your top priority, use it as your wow factors in your developments. I'll also want you to see this Devtraco courts in Ghana which are equivalent to your own project and see the difference. I know you may not like what I'm trying to do comparing finish housing with unfinished one but I hope you understand my comparison the green area and underground drainage.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 2:54am On Dec 11, 2017
jamjo:

I can see you are an open-minded individual who recognizes constructive criticisms, keep up the good work because I really appreciate what you do in Southeast God almighty will continue to bless your business. Please if I may ask why open drainage in the 21st century? I will love in your future projects to make landscaping one of your top priority, use it as your wow factors in your developments. I'll also want you to see this Devtraco courts in Ghana which are equivalent to your own project and see the difference. I know you may not like what I'm trying to do comparing finish housing with unfinished one but I hope you understand my comparison the green area and underground drainage.

They are beautiful and we shall consider all your advise in our future project. Thanks for your encouragement and I shall post our finished project in due time.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 5:56am On Dec 11, 2017
OreMI22:

This is a HUGE bargain shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In CA, that house goes for nothing less than $300,000.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2017
DelGardo:

Please confirm whether this is a federal or state project.

Meanwhile if it is a state govt project why give credit to Ekweremadu and not Gburugburu? If it is a federal project why not give credit to Buhari and the minister in charge?

Just wondering.

I don't know if it's a trunk A road but from what spyder posted with the road's description signage, the road is being constructed by Ekweremadu that's why I'm eulogizing him. He was the one that flagged it off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
christejames:

I don't know if it's a trunk A road but from what spyder posted with the road's description signage, the road is being constructed by Ekweremadu that's why I'm eulogizing him. He was the one that flagged it off.

Still unclear, I am sorry.

Is it his constituency project or is he using personal funds?

If it is the federal government it must be under a ministry or MDA. Credit must be properly given.

I will love Spyder to verify pls.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Memejem: 6:20am On Dec 12, 2017
By CA so you mean Canada? Or California?

PDPGuy:

This is a HUGE bargain shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In CA, that house goes for nothing less than $300,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Workch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.