Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785103 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2018
SoNature:

Uncle, rest! You don't know Enugu more than I do because a bum nwa afo. I was born, 'bread' and buttered in 042 until I moved to Lagos to stay with the cousin I talked about for a while.

I am not here to tell u my history, but my point is that government should regulate how we do property valuation in Nigeria because Nigeria may get to a point where the cost of living will be so high that everyone will start going into crime to survive.

Keep in mind that I never posted that thing to belittle Enugu...nah. I like Enugu more than Lagos, but a man has to make money that's why I am here....just like Flavour, Phyno, etc.

Let me tell you the truth u don't know. My bro has a friend who rented a flat there, paying a crazy rent as usual.

Guess what, he's a G-Guy!

Truly, that's what a sizeable number of people do there, while some aren't based in Enugu.

Gini ka I na aru I ga-eji ego 1 plot N30 Million?

I go chazie ani I ga-eji mgbirimgba gi ruo uno? angry

I bu onye oshi?

Ka mpa gi ana akpu ego na CBN?

70percent of people staying at zoo estate are politicians while u share the remaining 30 among g boys, Lucky ones that got their land early through politically exposed friends and probably janded brothers.for ordinary pure hustler to get mind enter the estate na wahala not to talk of buying land.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2018
lastempero:

Our politicians are the major problem bedeviling the east.no clear cut vision or policy to move the region forward.

You are absolutely correct. And most of them will return to their position in 2019.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2018
asha80:
only February? do you know how many govts since 2003 in the state that has been signing mous on that project?like I said ask those in the know..

They are on ground now. The work is moving very fast. I don't care about them though or their previous government, I only care about igboland. But from what I am seeing there, it's going to be a massive project. They have started seriously.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2018
If we can, we can hold a conference. Let every senator, rep member, governors, state House members, state commissioners come and tell us where we are headed. Let us know who we are following. Let them show us the template of our future.

I know most of do not know the next plan of our governors. We deserve to know, don't you get?

Where una de take us go? Where we de go bros?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2018
lastempero:

Totally agree with you,Sullivan really tried for Enugu state i f not for time I believe he would done more.

We don't know what the government is doing with several MOUs signed with investors for industries.

There are several of them like the one signed with a south African firm to develop the coal industry. Why can't the government pick one of them and chase the investors up?

The one in the pic is the biggest yet...signed over over fours years ago.

Sullivan even travelled to China with the current governor for this project.

Why can't they start this one in phases if they lack cash?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:

We don't know what the government are doing with several MOUs signed with investors for industries.

There are several of them like the one signed with a south African firm to develop the coal industry. Why can't the government pick one of them and chase the investors up?

Ugwuanyi is a confused man right from his days at unec,the guy is just busy grabbing people's land in the name of estate development.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:
Still on Industries...to ensure Enugu has things for the youths...does anyone know what is happening with this?

Enugu partners Chinese firms on Industrial Hub:

Enugu State Government on Friday witnessed a major breakthrough in its efforts to attract foreign investments in the state, with the presentation of a N300 million cheque to three communities of Ogwofia Owa, Enugu Eke and Akama Oghe by Lion Business Park Limited.

The money is a compensation for the economic crops and structures on the 2000 hectares of land acquired for the development of the Lion Business Park industrial project in partnership with Chinese partners under the coordination of the company.

The Lion Business Park industrial project is a bold initiative of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, designed to create a manufacturing and integrated industrial hub in Enugu State and the South East geopolitical zone at large and facilitate Chinese manufacturers’ entry into the state to feed the Nigerian and African market through the existing sales channels of Onitsha and Aba in partnership with Nigerian business organizations.

Presenting the cheque, Gov. Ugwuanyi, who was represented by his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, stated that the project was in line with his administration’s determined efforts to attract direct foreign investments to the state, disclosing that the State Executive Council approved and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the group of Chinese Investors for the establishment of the Industrial Market, to be known as Lion Business Park.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/08/enugu-partners-chinese-firms-industrial-hub/

I heard that work...clearing has commenced on the site for the Lion Business Park industial project...

I hope this will be sustained as it is private oriented.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 10:03am On Mar 26, 2018
lastempero:

Ugwuanyi is a confused man right from his days at unec,the guy is just busy grabbing people's land in the name of estate development.

There are too many estates in Enugu already.

He should try and write his name in gold by trying to bring one mega project before his tenure ends in 2023, as I know he will win the next election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 10:04am On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:

We don't know what the government are doing with several MOUs signed with investors for industries.

You are very correct. If they lack cash, let them start in phases. Borrow money to get your economy back on track. Get things done. Seriously, these guys are not less than annoying.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:

I heard that work...clearing has commenced on the site for the Lion Business Park industial project...

I hope this will be sustained as it is private oriented.

Please Lord let this be a reality. Biko.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:50am On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:

He should try and write his name in gold by trying to bring one mega project before his tenure ends in 2023, as I know he will win the next election.

Judging from the scarcity of decent houses, When it comes to Estates, there are not too many in Enugu. Infact, Enugu needs to have about 5 times more estates to address the housing crisis. It is abominable that you can earn more in Lagos or PH, yet pay more for decent housing in Enugu. Where will folks get that type of money to pay rent?

Enugu seriously needs 5 times more estates and more 3-5 storey buildings

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
Purehuman:

We are not here to look for eastern best or any of the sort. We are looking for the smartest ways to generate income.

Onitsha market isn't the future bro if we are going to leverage on our comparative advantage. For Pete's sake we are the biggest players in this sector, let us act like one. Let us finally subdue any competitor in this sector. Let us bring everybody to us. With a mall city, everybody will come to Onitsha. Every major event, household materials, gold, diamond, necklaces, consumer goods, electrical and mechanical machines will be solved there. In fact, we will deliver anything you have in mind to you. We can then partner with Alibaba, the Amazon, and other E-market and E-stores to cater for wider needs.

There are too many opportunities we can create if we develop this, I swear to God. I have developed the business plan and it will provide more 2million self paid jobs and create more millionaires in the region. We need to just do it right.
your proposals are all good, this is the type of things our governor's suppose to be discussing in there monthly meetings, I wonder what they do there.
Now, how we make them see things in our perspective? Because I don't think anyone from the government House is reading this thread.
should we start a Twitter campaign?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
cjrane:

Judging from the scarcity of decent houses, When it comes to Estates, there are not too many in Enugu. Infact, Enugu needs to have about 5 times more estates to address the housing crisis. It is abominable that you can earn more in Lagos or PH, yet pay more for decent housing in Enugu. Where will folks get that type of money to pay rent?

Enugu seriously needs 5 times more estates and more 3-5 storey buildings

There is nothing wrong in building as many estates as possible, but we are saying that something need to be done in creating opportuinities where those domiciled in those estate can earn a living.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Cooly100:

My thought also.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
fanficgirl:

Please don't underestimate greenery. I love it!! I appreciate images from the East that doesn' look like a total eyesore unlike alot areas in Nigeria
So greenery is better than investment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Purehuman:

What have we done with being the most educated when we are not using the educated to expand our economy? Just yesterday, igbo doctors from the USA came to Anambra to offer free surgery for those who can't pay for surgery. These doctors if we build a robust system can be used to create a big medical system that will serve Nigeria and Africa.

The problem with these governors is that, they want to have everything in their state not knowing that the east can be richer than Nigeria if each state in the east specializes on 3-4 industries. Just do those things well and let's watch the economy expand.

We are too blinded by the shortcomings of our country that it has made us to stop thinking. With increase in population, different state government will soon start introducing policies that will only cater for their own people and relegating us to the background. They have started, you will soon see it.

We need to act fast, igboland have over 50million people market strong. Bigger than what Lagos can offer within a short time but we keep complaining. The only thing we have better than other people is smartness, let us be smarter than them please.
More reason South Easterners in diaspora should always consider coming back home to invest since we posses sound minds to managa those investment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
melodyogonna:

your proposals are all good, this is the type of things our governor's suppose to be discussing in there monthly meetings, I wonder what they do there.
Now, how we make them see things in our perspective? Because I don't think anyone from the government House is reading this thread.
should we start a Twitter campaign?

If it can get to them, let's do it. I am game.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Now we're talking. As much as i think that Nigeria has stunted our progress as a people, i still think we hold our destiny in our hands. Uyo or Calabar may not be anywhere close to Lagos or Abuja but they have carved a niche for themselves. How about we start from there. How about we have governors who would maybe build something in the mold of Tinapa, Obudu or Ibom tropicana. That's what i meant when i said that there's nothing we have that others don't. We even get to the ridiculous level where we celebrate shoprite in Enugu.

If it's tourism, we want to focus on, let;s build the biggest theme park in Nigeria. If it's sports, let's beat the Uyo International stadium by building something better. [/b]How about we build big film studios like Donal Duke did in Tinapa[b]. How about we start a carnival and publicize it like the Calabar festival. How about we build a model university that will compete with the best in Africa. Let's just do something, anything.

Years back, I heard a story (rumour) that Gov Chimaroke wanted to build a Nollywood Village in Oji River LG. It was Late Amaka Isaac Igwe that I heard write the proposal.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Afam4eva:

Sometimes, i wonder what goes through the minds of some of you when you comment. You mentioned Calabar. What IGR does Calabar have since you're talking about IGRs. Isn't Ogun state IGR becaus eof it's proximity to Lagos? If Enugu bordered Lagos, it would have been the same story.
If Enugu bordered Lagos with Ibo people as natives their attitude would have driven everyone else away. It is not just proximity but having a civilized and tolerant people.

This is the latest excuse now. Ogun is doing well because it is near to Lagos . Why did it not do so well under PDP

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:

If Enugu bordered Lagos with Ibo people as natives their attitude would have driven everyone else away. It is not just proximity but having a civilized and tolerant people.

This is the latest excuse now. Ogun is doing well because it is near to Lagos . Why did it not do so well under PDP

Why is Oyo and Osun not doing "well"?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by aribisala0(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
Cooly100:

Why is Oyo and Osun not doing "well"?
They are doing fine and getting better. Unfortunately they have been under PDP mismanagement but they are doing better that your shithole states.

Oyo GDP is 4th and well ahead of all SE states Osun is 14th so they will be fine

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
They are doing fine and getting better. Unfortunately they have been under PDP mismanagement but they are doing better that your shithole states.

Oyo GDP is 4th and well ahead of all SE states Osun is 14th so they will be fine

Yes, I can see how they are doing well...All your brown roof cesspits are well under 20 in sustainable index...except Ondo.

I don't give a rat Sh*t about PDP.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
Cooly100:

Yes, I can see how they are doing well...All your brown roof cesspits are well under 20 in sustainable index...except Ondo.

Please let the Yoruba guy leave the thread peacefully. It's an in-house thread, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by aribisala0(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
Cooly100:

What is sustainability index ? What does it mean / can you explain.

How is it derived and what is the source? And date of this one/ Is this the LATEST?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by emmysoftyou: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:

all those GDP or IGR was inflated due to formidable IPOB activities in the east.
Your president and your country fellow men can do anything to paint east as black just like what you re doing now.
Mr Yoruba Muslim demon. I hail

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by aribisala0(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmysoftyou:
all those GDP or IGR was inflated due to formidable IPOB activities in the east.
Your president and your country fellow men can do anything to paint east as black just like what you re doing now.
Mr Yoruba Muslim demon. I hail
Those figures predate IPOB stop consoling yourself.

No one needs to paint the east anyhow because you are doing a good job by yourselves already
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
This argument shouldn't be happening at all, that's not why this thread was created. Let him be pls.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Governor Ugwuanyi to offset salary arrears of workers absorbed into civil service

http://easternreporter.com/2018/03/28/ugwuanyi-to-offset-salary-arrears-of-workers-absorbed-into-civil-service/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InvertedHammer: 5:37am On Mar 30, 2018
Dremca:
Thank you my brother. Anambra is the new commercial hub. What we need is for Anambrarians in diaspora to come back home and invest and is already yielding enormous result. Security use to be the reason for not investing in the state, but now, Anambra is one of the safest state in the country.

/
Enugu is Anambra. Anambra is Enugu.

I am happy that the South- East is gradually getting it right.

Enugu is serene while Awka is gradually taking shape.

It doesn't matter where you develop in the SE as long as the government is accommodating enough. I don't think there is anyone from Anambra that doesn't feel at home when in Enugu.
/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2018
aribisala0:
Those figures predate IPOB stop consoling yourself.

No one needs to paint the east anyhow because you are doing a good job by yourselves already
Boy I'll like you to create thread on Ogun or Oyo vs Anambra on development invite me let compare, Ogun IGR might be bigger than Enugu but IGR doesn't measure economy, Enugu five years financial transactions dwarfed Ogun, according to CBN-Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

five years deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09

Five years Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
https://www.nairaland.com/3087723/nbs-report-bank-credit-deposit-states

Just open thread on Anambra and Ogun invite me let us debate leave Enugu thread, You guys are making noise about IGR but Ogun IGR can't pay workers salaries, they borrowed $350 million two months ago.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2018
aribisala0:

What do you know about Ogun State?

Is it not the free lands policy that former Gov Olugbenga Daniels introduced that made many companies in Lagos State to move their plants to Ogun State? Yet u still say that PDP did nothing for Ogun State. When were u born? When did u start following Nigerian politics?

No matter how you try to pretend, Ogun State developed because of Lagos. Come to think of it, is Ogun State even developed? With Abeokuta looking horrible...people building houses with brown roofs on huge rocks without considering the risks they take. The areas that industrialized are mostly those close to Lagos: Mowe, Ibafo, Agbara, etc.

Yes, plenty of industries with plenty of bad roads as well. The IGR figures do not affect people’s lives as they wallow in abject poverty. I don't even want to talk about the beggars.

Abeokuta doesn't look as serene and livable as any state capital in the east.

Our people are angry with the Nigerian state because the country is not fair to them. Our neighbor in Enugu at a time was a Yoruba man from Osun State. He married an Igbo woman from Abia. So, if you think our people are hostile, you've got another think coming.

I hate to get into tribal war; please don't push me.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 9:49am On Mar 30, 2018
The BASE Event centre...Very Classy. I would give it 4 stars if not 5 stars.

Check it out in this video.

The Base Address: 7/8 Aguleri Street Indepence Layout, Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bwG6o1Sgms

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.