Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779236 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cooly100:

Egwu de kwa...

Check out these homes in 042...

I know most of Enugu but don't see where these folks could be working... cheesy cheesy

The city is booming.

The last pic is Zoo

that is why i kept saying i wish businesses are moving into enugu the way estates and houses are springing up

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cooly100:

Egwu de kwa...

Check out these homes in 042...

I know most of Enugu but don't see where these folks could be working... cheesy cheesy

The city is booming.

The last pic is Zoo

At the emboldened, that's the same point I am making.

But one thing is certain: Igbos are well traveled, and we are also bringing lots of money home to build good house.

I think that the major reasons why we build good houses in our local communities are: we do traditional marriages in our villages and we endeavor to come home at Christmas. This is not the obtainable in the West!

Anyway, nwanne, Enugu di sharp....no be beans.

Enugu is my favorite city for Christmas holidays

Lemme quickly add: Chukwu gozie Sullivan Chime.

That man took Enugu to a whole new level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Yorubaskullmine: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
spyder880:

The zoo estate, sometimes called the zoological gardens in Enugu was built right on the spot where Enugu had a zoo. There were a lot of wild animals in the zoo, lions, zebras, pythons, monkeys, deer and antelope species were showcased in the zoo for visitors to watch. I was taken there by my mum as a child and we saw many animals.

Governor Chimaroke Nnamani closed the zoo and shared the lands in the zoo as residential area, since the area is in the centre of the city, the value soared and only rich people could afford to buy or build there now. There are senators, governors and very heavy business men as neighbours in zoo estates. Sales started from about N3.5m in 2002, but you may not find a plot below N100m inside the estate today.

The streets inside zoo estate are all named after animals, you will see Lion avenue, Zebra street, gorilla boulevard etc grin
Spot on.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
Enugu is a place that is good for cool investments like building one of the biggest ICT hub in Africa like silicon valley and also building biggest health facilities in Africa. Enugu can provide these services to the whole of Africa and make serious billions in dollars.

Our states should have a direction. What they are known to do. What the people specialize in doing. You don't just have a state where the people are masters of nothing. Just build houses with environment not having economic value.

People need investment so that they can have jobs and even be more creative.

Seriously, we are not doing it right in the east. We are just building beautiful houses to impress everyone while we run out to pursue other things in other places.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Purehuman:
Enugu is a place that is good for cool investments like building one of the biggest ICT hub in Africa like silicon valley and also building biggest health facilities in Africa. Enugu can provide these services to the whole of Africa and make serious billions in dollars.

Our states should have a direction. What they are known to do. What the people specialize in doing. You don't just have a state where the people are masters of nothing. Just build houses with environment not having economic value.

Seriously, we are not doing it right in the east. We are just building beautiful houses to impress everyone while we run out to pursue other things in other places.
That's true. truth is bitter thou.
but thanks to Anambra for at least making us proud

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Purehuman:

Onitsha is still ahead in terms of ICT hub, at least in the south east with the presence of Aptech, NIIT and other outlets not forgeting smile Internet Service Provider has the only south eastern coverage in onitsha.

It also seems that Enugu is the maitama or the florida of south east where Igbo elite go to relax and retire. Eg, Arthur Eze, Alex Ekwueme. But the city will thrive more if more businesses spring up to create jobs.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ttipsy:
That's true. truth is bitter thou.
but thanks to Anambra for at least making us proud
At least Nnewi regarded as the "Japan of Africa." With the new international market being built at Isiagu Awka, I believe Anambra will be a trtrue commercial hub having the 3 main cities booming with economic activities.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Purehuman:

ENSG have been discussing with foreign investors to build standard health facilties...and others but I don't know how the following up is done to actualize those projects...

Iran seeks business ties with Enugu govt

ENUGU—The Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran to Nigeria, Morteza Rahimi Zarchi, has disclosed the willingness of the Asian country to establish general bilateral business relationship with the Enugu State Government, especially in the area of rendering medical services. Ambassador Zarchi, who spoke at the Government House, Enugu, when he paid a courtesy call on the governor, in company with the management of FIT Consult Limited, stated that his delegation were in Enugu on a feasibility study of establishing an Iranian hospital, modelled after the one in Dubai, at the ongoing Heliu Residences project in Enugu as well as general bilateral cooperation with the state government.

The Iranian Ambassador said his country’s decision to seek bilateral cooperation with Enugu State Government was because of the state’s historical background, its natural resources, the geographical location, which he said links other neighbouring states, the international airport as well as the existing peace in the state.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/iran-seeks-business-ties-enugu-govt/

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
Dremca:
Onitsha is still ahead in terms of ICT hub, at least in the south east with the presence of Aptech, NIIT and other outlets not forgeting smile Internet Service Provider has the only south eastern coverage in onitsha.

It also seems that Enugu is the maitama or the florida of south east where Igbo elite go to relax and retire. Eg, Arthur Eze, Alex Ekwueme. But the city will thrive more if more businesses spring up to create jobs.

Aptech and NIIT are tutorial centres. We need a real ICT hub which can solve real problems. One of the CEO of computer warehouse is an igbo man but we don't have these things in the east. We need a real push and not makeovers that we are seeing at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
Purehuman:

Aptech and NIIT are tutorial centres. We need a real ICT hub which can solve real problems. One of the CEO of computer warehouse is an igbo man but we don't have these things in the east. We need a real push and not makeovers that we are seeing at the moment.
How about Smile ISP with its only south east coverage in Onitsha. Though we need a better tech tub in the south east. Atleast Ebony I has chosen Agriculture, Aba has chosen apparel, Nnewi, chose automobile, I don't know what Enugu is chosen.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:09am On Mar 24, 2018
spyder880:

Enugu is bigger than you think, and I don't know of any laws that stops people from doing good business and making their money in $ £ or €, even while living in the centre of Abakpa Nike. It depends on your outlook to life, that's what determines your achievements.

Please don't mind that boy. I hate when people think if they can't afford N100,000, then anybody who can is a thief. In other words, they are the epitome of human success or the best paid people that anyone better than them is a thief or something.

Anyway, Oga m is this number still working 080333 50850. Seems you don't use it regularly. I need us to talk urgently about getting one of those your lands and building something like that your 8 flats in Onitsha. If they won't allow me to do that type of house at your site, can we discuss alternative areas of Enugu and Awka for land?
Thanks a lot!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Please don't mind that boy. I hate when people think if they can't afford N100,000, then anybody who can is a thief. In other words, they are the epitome of human success or the best paid people that anyone better than them is a thief or something.

Anyway, Oga m is this number still working 080333 50850. Seems you don't use it regularly. I need us to talk urgently about getting one of those your lands and building something like that your 8 flats in Onitsha. If they won't allow me to do that type of house at your site, can we discuss alternative areas of Enugu and Awka for land?
Thanks a lot!

I am always ready to talk business but ut seems you got my numbers wrong, the right number I use is 0803 335 0750 (voice and WhatsApp)

Call or chat me up so we can talk business. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2018
My area at night

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2018
This is how all our roads are supposed to look

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2018
Still on Industries...to ensure Enugu has things for the youths...does anyone know what is happening with this?

Enugu partners Chinese firms on Industrial Hub:

Enugu State Government on Friday witnessed a major breakthrough in its efforts to attract foreign investments in the state, with the presentation of a N300 million cheque to three communities of Ogwofia Owa, Enugu Eke and Akama Oghe by Lion Business Park Limited.

The money is a compensation for the economic crops and structures on the 2000 hectares of land acquired for the development of the Lion Business Park industrial project in partnership with Chinese partners under the coordination of the company.

The Lion Business Park industrial project is a bold initiative of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, designed to create a manufacturing and integrated industrial hub in Enugu State and the South East geopolitical zone at large and facilitate Chinese manufacturers’ entry into the state to feed the Nigerian and African market through the existing sales channels of Onitsha and Aba in partnership with Nigerian business organizations.

Presenting the cheque, Gov. Ugwuanyi, who was represented by his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, stated that the project was in line with his administration’s determined efforts to attract direct foreign investments to the state, disclosing that the State Executive Council approved and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the group of Chinese Investors for the establishment of the Industrial Market, to be known as Lion Business Park.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/08/enugu-partners-chinese-firms-industrial-hub/

9th Mile industrial axis, close to this hub, is developing...pics

A new standard estate is being planned there as in the 3rd pic.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by emmysoftyou: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2018
SoNature:

Mbanu. There are good jobs in Lagos. Some people are paid in dollars in Lagos. Yes, I have a cousin like that.

But what kinda jobs pays like that to enable someone acquire a plot of land for N30million in Enugu? That's shocking!

Biko kowaa
oga u have spoken my mind. Even someone working in a construction company can't afford that. What kind of business re they doing in enugu that's not in anambra or imo?
Even in Lagos where we have industry, oil company and construction company even consider their clients in terms of buying a plot of land.
Do they want us to buy the land without building our home? Or do they think everyone is working at National Assembly?
Nawa o
This is pure wickedness..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
emmysoftyou:
oga u have spoken my mind. Even someone working in a construction company can't afford that. What kind of business re they doing in enugu that's not in anambra or imo?
Even in Lagos where we have industry, oil company and construction company even consider their clients in terms of buying a plot of land.
Do they want us to buy the land without building our home? Or do they think everyone is working at National Assembly?
Nawa o

Bro, you never see anything. Enugu state government are opening new estates for high networth people. The lands in these estate could go from N10 million minimum. If the demand for these estates are not there, they won't be developing them. Definitely ordinary people cannot afford them. However, there are other estates in the outskirts of the city whoch are affordable...

Pic1- Citadel Estate

Pic2 - Rangers Esatate I

Pic 3 RAngers Estate 2

Pic4 - Transperance Estate

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Other estates are

Pic 1 Valley- GRA estate

Pic2- WTC Estate

Already Zoo, Liberty, Fidelity and Golf-GRA are no go areas...

Pic 3- Liberty Estate

For more details...visit ESHDC website...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cooly100:

You are right. The mayor will conentrate on Enugu and have his budget to build the the city and up coming surbubs.

As can be seen, Enugu has not seen any major project since this new administration came on board...as they focus on other towns....which is not bad on its on. But Enugu shouln't be neglected. A mayor would see to that...

So, what are the local government chairmen of Enugu north, south, east, west doing for them to still need a mayor?
The LGA chairmen should do their damn jobs
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
spyder880:

I am always ready to talk business but ut seems you got my numbers wrong, the right number I use is 0803 335 0750 (voice and WhatsApp)

Call or chat me up so we can talk business. Good morning.

Chai, see what copying wrong number had delayed me for many months. I just thought you refused to answer calls from unknown numbers abroad unless i booked appointment in advance which time difference and work schedules prevent me from having a set time to call.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
Enugu has got a bit of everything though we need a global recognition in one or two aspect.
Enugu has many industries in Emene as well as 9th Mile.
It also has its axe to grind in hospitality and entertainment.

Anybody saying Enugu has got no purpose is a liar.

On the issue of land and it's affordability, I think you guys are only talking of high brow areas. There is no part of the world where such areas don't exist.
The areas around Awkwunanaw, Emene and Enugu suburbs have very cheap lands, you can't be expecting those lands at GRA, independence layout, etc to be 1million a plot. Lands at one day area are at #5-6 million. Those buying the lands at highbrow areas are big Bizmen residing in thr east and then our politicians.
Our brothers in the diaspora aren't left out.

In conclusion, given the good environment, Enugu will do well in service industries bothering on health, information technology, music and nollywood, and Education. I will like a Harvard in Enugu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
The new Bon Sunshine Hotel, Enugu.

we need more of such higher and taller condominium/tenement leisure structures to change the skyline of the city. I envision a city where skyscrapers would be seen as bungalows; that is, having them dotting our skyline.

Coal City is Nigerian nay African City for the future!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
emmysoftyou:
Nawa o
I wonder my brother but in imo the major thriving business there are hotels. Enugu is the Florida of south east.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Enugu state intervention on federal roads

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
Enugu state intervention on federal roads

Now with this wide expanse of roads, can the government encourage developers to start building high rise close to the roads....?

...then mark the roads and plant trees...

Enugu could be like Kigali...

When can we get another Sullivan Chime...as governor?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cooly100:

Now with this wide expanse of roads, can the government encourage developers to start building high rise close to the roads....?

...then mark the roads and plant trees...

Enugu could be like Kigali...

When can we get another Sullivan Chime...as governor?

I think what Gov Ugwuanyi is doing is commendable: taking infrastructural development to the rural areas to boost local economies.

If everyone should leave their local communities to live in Enugu urban, then there will population explosion.

I remember that Enugu APGA criticized Sullivan at a time for focusing development in Enugu capital.

If people’s villages have social amenities, they will create jobs for themselves, that way, there won't be population explosion in the urban centers

#MyOpinion

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
SoNature:

I think what Gov Ugwuanyi is doing is commendable: taking infrastructural development to the rural areas to boost local economies.

If everyone should leave their local communities to live in Enugu urban, then there will population explosion.

I remember that Enugu APGA criticized Sullivan at a time for focusing development in Enugu capital.

If people’s villages have social amenities, they will create jobs for themselves, that way, there won't be population explosion in the urban centers

#MyOpinion

I don't think there is anything wrong with developing the villages. Having said that, i will tell you the risk of that approach.
The problem is that Enugu state is one of the states with the lowest financial resources in Nigeria. Just look at the national budgets of all states from 2000 to 2018. Enugu is among the last 5. Some of the investments we are seeing in Enugu today are because of Gov Chime's foresight to drastically improve the ambiance of Enugu to compete among the choice investment destinations in Nigeria with Abuja and Lagos.
Let me tell you, it was a very very smart move. I know many people here in the diaspora that now see Enugu as an alternative destination than the usual Lagos and Abuja mentality for investment among Diasporas. The state government must help facilitate communities to organize and embark on self help projects. The state government might be able to assist by coordinating communal efforts to achieve the stated goals in electrification, schools or health centers, community markets or roads.

I am glad Governor Ugwuanyi has continued in Chime's foot-steps to bring Enugu to international city standard and also just added Nsukka to the list. Creating two or three standard major cities in Enugu state is not only desirable, but the best thing to do for the state. It will be a gradual process to develop enough economic activities in these places to boost IGR for the state government. But, spreading the current resources too thin to develop every village at the same time will achieve nothing.

Therefore, spending in Enugu state must be very very smart. It makes every sense to try to build up and position Enugu city as the choice destination for investors into the South East and even Southsouth. If more investments are available, you can have more jobs and internally generated revenue to help improve finances of the state to develop the rural areas more. If you are not smart in how you spend to help create an attractive Enugu for investors to troop in, you will perpetually be living in penury sharing your inadequate resources to reach every village and a little for Enugu city which will end up not being enough for either the villages to develop nor for Enugu city to be a choice destination.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Enugu has got a bit of everything though we need a global recognition in one or two aspect.
Enugu has many industries in Emene as well as 9th Mile.
It also has its axe to grind in hospitality and entertainment.

Anybody saying Enugu has got no purpose is a liar.

On the issue of land and it's affordability, I think you guys are only talking of high brow areas. There is no part of the world where such areas don't exist.
The areas around Awkwunanaw, Emene and Enugu suburbs have very cheap lands, you can't be expecting those lands at GRA, independence layout, etc to be 1million a plot. Lands at one day area are at #5-6 million. Those buying the lands at highbrow areas are big Bizmen residing in thr east and then our politicians.
Our brothers in the diaspora aren't left out.

In conclusion, given the good environment, Enugu will do well in service industries bothering on health, information technology, music and nollywood, and Education. I will like a Harvard in Enugu

We need a national recognition before we start talking of international recognition. You need more than just few good roads, clean and green streets as well as few residential estates to be recognized. I just returned from Dubai last week and i saw what the whole noise about that city is all about. Even Lagos and Abuja cannot smell 5% of what Dubai has been able to achieve let alone cities like Enugu. Let's sthink of displacing Calabar and Port-hacourt first before we think national and international. The truth is that, it's mostly Igbo people who have good things to say about Enugu. You rarely hear a Non Igbo saying potiive things about Enugu because they either haven't been there or it's not really worth talking about. Atleast we hear Calabar and Uyo all over the place and we should ask ourselves, why Uyo? Why not Enugu?

It's very simple. Enugu has refused to revolutionize like Uyo or Calabar. Yes, we have one of the most livable cities in Nigeria, but what do we have that others don't? We need to start thinking really big.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Afam4eva:

We need a national recognition before we start talking of international recognition. You need more than just few good roads, clean and green streets as well as few residential estates to be recognized. I just returned from Dubai last week and i saw what the whole noise about that city is all about. Even Lagos and Abuja cannot smell 5% of what Dubai has been able to achieve let alone cities like Enugu. Let's sthink of displacing Calabar and Port-hacourt first before we think national and international. The truth is that, it's mostly Igbo people who have good things to say about Enugu. You rarely hear a Non Igbo saying potiive things about Enugu because they either haven't been there or it's not really worth talking about. Atleast we hear Calabar and Uyo all over the place and we should ask ourselves, why Uyo? Why not Enugu?

It's very simple. Enugu has refused to revolutionized like Uyo or Calabar. Yes, we have one of the most livable cities in Nigeria, but what do we have that others don't? We need to start thinking really big.

What you have said will make more sense if Nigeria were restructured. Under the present arrangement, Enugu will NEVER get any so called recognition. It is up to you and I to invest in Enugu and use facilities in the place. Nigeria is a toxic and incurably tribalistic geographic expression. You could never seriously expect such an entity to do anything positive to get Enugu the recognition it deserves on any level whatsoever. That is why those Igbos killing themselves to invest in Funtua, kano or Daura while they have no hut in their villages and continue to neglect their own state capitals or towns closer to their villages, should enjoy whatever comes to them eventually due to their folly.

I also don't think that for Enugu to reach it's potential, it involves displacement of anyone (Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Calabar or Onitsha). It is part of primitive Nigerian mentality to think about struggling for a smaller cake instead of baking a bigger cake so everyone will grow and be happy. If economy of Nigeria grows through activities in Enugu or Kano or Jos, it does not mean that Lagos or Calabar or Abuja will be less for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
Afam4eva:

It's very simple. Enugu has refused to revolutionized like Uyo or Calabar. Yes, we have one of the most livable cities in Nigeria, but what do we have that others don't? We need to start thinking really big.

At the emboldened, nwanne don't go there! grin

Go and check the federal allocation going to Akwa Ibom...highest in Nigeria for years now.

Calabar was bubbling when twas an active Niger Delta member state, but now their oil wells have been ceded to Akwa Ibom, making them super broke.

ChimaAdeoye raised a good point, but one thing we must always keep in mind is that development is a process.

And I know you people may not like the part, but I have to mention it. If we continue to agitate for Biafra the way we are going about it, non-Igbos will never bring their business to the east because the most important thing a rational man thinks before money is his security.

Just like the Igbos have their investments all over Nigeri, we need others to bring their investments here because no man is an island.

With the current Nigeria's arrangement, we can't do it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

I don't think there is anything wrong with developing the villages. Having said that, i will tell you the risk of that approach.
The problem is that Enugu state is one of the states with the lowest financial resources in Nigeria. Just look at the national budgets of all states from 2000 to 2018. Enugu is among the last 5. Some of the investments we are seeing in Enugu today are because of Gov Chime's foresight to drastically improve the ambiance of Enugu to compete among the choice investment destinations in Nigeria with Abuja and Lagos.
Let me tell you, it was a very very smart move. I know many people here in the diaspora that now see Enugu as an alternative destination than the usual Lagos and Abuja mentality for investment among Diasporas. The state government must help facilitate communities to organize and embark on self help projects. The state government might be able to assist by coordinating communal efforts to achieve the stated goals in electrification, schools or health centers, community markets or roads.

I am glad Governor Ugwuanyi has continued in Chime's foot-steps to bring Enugu to international city standard and also just added Nsukka to the list. Creating two or three standard major cities in Enugu state is not only desirable, but the best thing to do for the state. It will be a gradual process to develop enough economic activities in these places to boost IGR for the state government. But, spreading the current resources too thin to develop every village at the same time will achieve nothing.

Therefore, spending in Enugu state must be very very smart. It makes every sense to try to build up and position Enugu city as the choice destination for investors into the South East and even Southsouth. If more investments are available, you can have more jobs and internally generated revenue to help improve finances of the state to develop the rural areas more. If you are not smart in how you spend to help create an attractive Enugu for investors to troop in, you will perpetually be living in penury sharing your inadequate resources to reach every village and a little for Enugu city which will end up not being enough for either the villages to develop nor for Enugu city to be a choice destination.

I can't agree more.

There is nothing wrong with developing other towns, but there must be continous investment in the capital city.

Its like the federal goverment having zero budget for the FCT Abuja, just because they needed to develop states to stop migration to Abuja..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
SoNature:

At the emboldened, nwanne don't go there! grin

Go and check the federal allocation going to Akwa Ibom...highest in Nigeria for years now.

Calabar was bubbling when twas an active Niger Delta member state, but now their oil wells have been ceded to Akwa Ibom, making them super broke.

ChimaAdeoye raised a good point, but one thing we must always keep in mind is that development is a process.

And I know you people may not like the part, but I have to mention it. If we continue to agitate for Biafra the way we are going about it, non-Igbos will never bring their business to the east because the most important thing a rational man thinks before money is his security.

Just like the Igbos have their investments all over Nigeri, we need others to bring their investments here because no man is an island.

With the current Nigeria's arrangement, we can't do it alone.
We all talk about allocation from federal government, what about internally generated revenue. How is it being utilized. A state like Lagos can do without allocation same with Anambra state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.