Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786978 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 10:39am On May 10, 2018
Unemadu:

I have to say that the USA is a very peculiar country, even to Europeans. What I would like is to see what we can learn from Europeans or developed asian countries.

Actually not. The new world (as they are sometimes called) like the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are carbon copies of OLD europe because they were populated and BUILT by the same people. That's why certain things like their cities, jurisprudence, government all look the same. The US congress building, for example, is a carbon copy of most european parliamentary buildings.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:53am On May 11, 2018
spyder880:
The modus operandi ofthe Enugu state government is to map out a piece of land as a housing estate, create roads and gutters in the land and then sell as housing estates.

EXCELLENT WAY TO MAKE SURE ALL NEW HOUSING ESTATES ARE WELL PLANNED AND MODERN

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InvertedHammer: 7:48pm On May 11, 2018
OreMI22:

EXCELLENT WAY TO MAKE SURE ALL NEW HOUSING ESTATES ARE WELL PLANNED AND MODERN
/*

It is the responsibility of the government to ensure compliance. Whether sold to individuals or real estate developers, as long as
there is no proper supervision, humans will always find ways to contravene the laws.

We tend to use US for example. Municipalities make a lot of money from traffic violations. Everyone knows the traffic rules and regulations before being issued a driver license. Yet people break them and government shows up with a big hammer and squeeze money out of violators.
Why are there many functional jails and prisons in US? Because people will always break laws.

As inter alia noted, breaking laws is not peculiar to Nigeria. What is unique to Nigeria is the penchant and ease with which
violators get away with it. Government officials take bribe and feign ignorance. Sometimes, it is the supervisors that show the
lobbyists the loopholes that exist in the system for a token.

It is not even about taxation. The little they make from oil is being looted without repercussions. Citizens do not trust the system.
I will be damned to pay tax just to enrich one potbelly's Swiss bank account.

*/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 13, 2018
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 8:57am On May 15, 2018
Gov. Ugwuanyi grants scholarship to 340 indigent students of State’s Polytechnic, Iwollo

http://easternreporter.com/2018/05/14/gov-ugwuanyi-grants-scholarship-to-340-indigent-students-of-states-polytechnic-iwollo/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2018
Saw this pasted on a wall inside Enugu. Read and comment.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On May 16, 2018
More......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 5:10pm On May 16, 2018
All I can say is the governor is a failure.
A huge failure

After close to four years one cannot point out even one capital project that has been initiated and completed by the governor

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2018
eaglechild:
A huge failure

After close to four years one cannot point out even one capital project that has been initiated and completed by the governor

I like that you are bold enough to speak up.

Those who hold discordant views should prove you wrong.

I share your sentiment

I wasn't impressed with Enugu last December when I was home

Sullivan's Enugu is miles better than Ugwuanyi's Enugu

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nelxxy(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2018
ndi Enugu kwenu!!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 7:52pm On May 16, 2018
spyder880:

I guess he's contesting in 2019.

I also guess he's not in PDP grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2018
eaglechild:
A huge failure

He failed in Enugu capital but he is doing well for rural y

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nelxxy(m): 11:47pm On May 17, 2018
spyder880:

spyder880 what about the pan igbo stuff
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2018
nelxxy:

spyder880 what about the pan igbo stuff

The thread is moving smoothly. Have you contributed your ideas there?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 12:27am On May 21, 2018
Please what is the current state of the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu Express road?

Is it motorable at all?

Please someone who knows should please respond .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2018
soloqy:
Please what is the current state of the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu Express road?

Is it motorable at all?

Please someone who knows should please respond .
Passed there yesterday. It's motorable. Umunya-Awkuzu part still bad and dusty but quite motorable(40km/hr average). After night mile is bad too, but all in all its quite motorable.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2018
eaglechild:
A huge failure

If u don't facts, then ask around.
I have not gone to ENUGU town for long to discover how he is fairing in the city but have seen many completed project where I have been to.

Ezimo in udenu LGA road
Ezime double bridges along the road
Orba Imilike road
Opi-Nsukka road dualization with street lights
Nsukka township roads
Ninth mile by pass
Imilike obollo road
Opi-obollo fg highway.

Like I said, these are the ones I saw with my naked eyes since I am from around there.

I learnt he did the same round all rural areas in Enugu state.

His plan is to focus in Enugu city in his second tenure. Still he has done some projects there.
He pays salary every 28th and yet not borrowing much. Although I heard he z owing pensioners. I pray he pays them soonest.

Ugwuanyi is good please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 12:30pm On May 21, 2018
omicron:
Passed there yesterday. It's motorable. Umunya-Awkuzu part still bad and dusty but quite motorable(40km/hr average). After night mile is bad too, but all in all its quite motorable.

Thanks for your response. Please Lagos to Enugu used to be around 7hrs journey when the roads were good,give and take, like what can one expect now considering these areas that are bad on the road?

Also the rains have started, someone said the roads turned to muddy slippery slopes, how true?

Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 21, 2018
SoNature:

I like that you are bold enough to speak up.

Those who hold discordant views should prove you wrong.

I share your sentiment

I wasn't impressed with Enugu last December when I was home

Sullivan's Enugu is miles better than Ugwuanyi's Enugu
Sullivan was the best Governor Enugu ever had. But to say ugwuanyi is not doing anything is a fallacy. Sullivan faced the Capital, while Ugwuanyi is facing the rural areas.
When I went to Nsukka I was really impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2018
Decypher:
Sullivan was the best Governor Enugu ever had. But to say ugwuanyi is not doing anything is a fallacy. Sullivan faced the Capital, while Ugwuanyi is facing the rural areas.
When I went to Nsukka I was really impressed.
well ugwuanyi said he was going to concentrate on nsukka and rural areas and he seems to be doing just that
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 5:52pm On May 21, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

If u don't facts, then ask around.
I have not gone to ENUGU town for long to discover how he is fairing in the city but have seen many completed project where I have been to.

Ezimo in udenu LGA road
Ezime double bridges along the road
Orba Imilike road
Opi-Nsukka road dualization with street lights
Nsukka township roads
Ninth mile by pass
Imilike obollo road
Opi-obollo fg highway.

Like I said, these are the ones I saw with my naked eyes since I am from around there.

I learnt he did the same round all rural areas in Enugu state.

His plan is to focus in Enugu city in his second tenure. Still he has done some projects there.
He pays salary every 28th and yet not borrowing much. Although I heard he z owing pensioners. I pray he pays them soonest.

Ugwuanyi is good please.
Most of the projects mentioned are not only skewed to a particular region but were in advanced stages when he took over.
I realise that government is a continuum but I'll like him to take on more relevant daring projects
I must commend him on sanitation though.
However, in other aspects of basic urban running eg road, street and traffic lights maintenance, creation of novel investment opportunities etc he is grossly underperforming
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2018
soloqy:

Thanks for your response. Please Lagos to Enugu used to be around 7hrs journey when the roads were good,give and take, like what can one expect now considering these areas that are bad on the road?

Also the rains have started, someone said the roads turned to muddy slippery slopes, how true?

Thanks.
About 8 hours give and take. Rains have not really come so much. When they do, the bad part in Umunya will be slippery rather than dusty, bit still motorable
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On May 21, 2018
omicron:
About 8 hours give and take. Rains have not really come so much. When they do, the bad part in Umunya will be slippery rather than dusty, bit still motorable

When it rains so much at around September and October, this Awkuzu segment of the express will become totally impassable for all cars and buses. The only option will be to pass through the half completed local road through the centre of Awkuzu, over the small bridge and out through the junction. And be prepared to part with N50 to the groups of boys guarding the road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2018
eaglechild:

Most of the projects mentioned are not only skewed to a particular region but were in advanced stages when he took over.
I realise that government is a continuum but I'll like him to take on more relevant daring projects
I must commend him on sanitation though.
However, in other aspects of basic urban running eg road, street and traffic lights maintenance, creation of novel investment opportunities etc he is grossly underperforming

I do not have facts to argue with you on his performance in other regions since I have not been those places.

However many people have told me he does the same in other areas. I wish and pray that he should spread the development all around the state because I hate being sectional.

In addition, it is fallacious to say that those projects were already running when he took over. I can bet with anything that he started and completed all the projects I mentioned. Some were already awarded but Ugwuanyi started and completed all of the them.

It is actually a magnificent achievement. Let me also tell you that government is not all meant for city dwellers. It is unfortunate that we always rate our Governors based on their city beautifications. This is why many of them will just put street lights in the city and people will be hailing them like demi-gods.

If you see the two bridges he did for Ezimo people, the money alone is enough to put street light through all Enugu metropolises.

I bet you the guy has done so well. I don't know about other LGAs but they told me that he is also trying his best.

Remember the meager allocation Enugu is getting from FG. Remember that this guy is not owing salary. Remember the level of security Enugu have now. Remember how peaceful Enugu has become. Remember DAT this man is the least owing governor in south east.

Which person will be 100% good? He has already planned big projects in Enugu city in his second term. This man is the reason I started believing politicians again.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 6:39am On May 23, 2018
Senator Tinubu supports Ugwuanyi’s re-election bid, inaugurates FG project in Enugu

http://easternreporter.com/2018/05/22/senator-tinubu-supports-ugwuanyis-re-election-bid-inaugurates-fg-project-in-enugu/

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 9:03pm On May 23, 2018
omicron:

Thanks a lot.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2018
Think you know all about the ethnic composition of our dear Enugu State? You just might be shocked to realize you've always known a little.
http://tukool.com/ethnic-groups-in-enugu-state/

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:20am On May 25, 2018
When they do well, let's record it. Governor Ugwuanyi has been doing some inner street roads inside the Independence Layout in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2018
More streets, this one is off Nza street. .....

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2018
Newly opened hotels in Independence Layout. .......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2018
Welcome to another newly developing part of Enugu city......, 10 years ago, there was no building here, just grass growing in the wild......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.