Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1787000 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
More new developments from the start of Port Harcourt highway........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2018
The resilience of Achara Layout, this zone continues to enjoy regeneration. ......... lower Igbariam street.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 11:43am On May 25, 2018
Ugwuanyi backs CBN’s cooperative solar city estate.

Magnus Eze, Enugu

Privately developed estates are springing up daily in Enugu, the capital city of Enugu State, courtesy of the atmosphere provided by the current administration in the state.

The Governor, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has again, pledged to support the construction of yet another estate, this time round, the first solar-powered estate being built by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Cooperative Society in partnership with Geometrix Homes and Estates Ltd. He made the pledge when the National Executive Committee of the CBN Cooperative, led by its President, Isa Aminu Buhari, and the management of Geometrix Homes and Estates Ltd paid him a courtesy call at the Lion Building, Enugu. While briefing the governor, Buhari said the project, which is one of the first set to be built across the states with their partner, Geometrix Homes and Estates Ltd, was designed to be environmentally friendly and will solve the perennial energy problem afflicting most homes in Nigeria due to fossil fuel powered energy source.

The solar city project that will be flagged off by the governor in the first week of June is situated at the reserved section of the Emene Industrial Layout. It is the second of a series of solar-powered estates to be developed across the country by the CBN Cooperative in partnership with Geometrix Homes and Estates Ltd.

The proposed estate comprising over 170 plots sitting on a land area of over 14 hectares, will be a fenced and gated neighbourhood with asphalted streets, good drainage and well landscaped lawns. Other facilities such as internet backbone, security and cleaning services, will be provided, while all the houses within the estate will be powered by solar energy along with street lights

Buhari further explained that the project plan includes the construction of an 18km state government road from Innoson Junction along Abakiliki Road to the estate site that will equally be provided with solar street lights. He thanked the governor for his laudable developmental projects especially in the area of infrastructural development and housing, which has enabled the state to be an investment destination in the South East. He also appealed to the governor to facilitate the smooth take off of the project especially in the area of statutory approvals, security and inter-agency cooperation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ugwuanyi-backs-cbns-cooperative-solar-city-estate/

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 9:18am On May 27, 2018
New Arrival...

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 2:58pm On May 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 2:59pm On May 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2018
Does Enugu actually have a proper flyover?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Sullivan did one at New Haven junction leading to PH Expressway or NNPC mega station. I know of tunnels and bridges, but I can't think of flyovers.

But I think that Chris Chemist (along Holy Ghost Cathedral) needs a flyover because that place is usually a chaos during festive seasons

Also, I sincerely think flyovers are built when there's a real need for it. Just like they are constructing flyovers every second in Lagos to ease off traffic gridlock
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2018
SoNature:

Sullivan did one at New Haven junction leading to PH Expressway or NNPC mega station. I know of tunnels and bridges, but I can't think of flyovers.

But I think that Chris Chemist (along Holy Ghost Cathedral) needs a flyover because that place is usually a chaos during festive seasons

Also, I sincerely think flyovers are built when there's a real need for it. Just like they are constructing flyovers every second in Lagos to ease off traffic gridlock
Apart fro easing traffic, i think flyovers adds to the beauty of a city. That is why some cities in the south-east look like glorified towns without flyovers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 4:41pm On May 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Apart fro easing traffic, i think flyovers adds to the beauty of a city. That is why some cities in the south-east look like glorified towns without flyovers.
you on point
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 4:49pm On May 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Enugu has 8 (Eight) flyover bridges without counting the Ebeano tunnel or the Sullivan Tunnel along Abakaliki expressway.

All Enugu flyovers are connecting two parts to the city bisected by the Highway.Three on Enugu -Onitsha expressway, One on Enugu-Abakaliki road and four on Enugu -PH expressway.

The problem is that unlike Anambra that has taken time to decorate its own flyovers at Upper Iweka and Nkpor, Enugu largely neglected most of her flyovers to look like a refuse dump.Infact, Enugu flyovers are still in the shape of what upper Iweka flyover used to be in late 1990s. Most of Enugu flyovers are now zones for mechanic shops and dump site for unserviceable vehicles. Perhaps, except the one on Abakaliki road leading to Akanu Ibiam Intl. airport which Sullivan re-built and beautified.

I hope the Enugu state government begins to beautify her flyovers starting with the ones at Gariki, then ones linking Independence layouts Phase I to Phase II and two others on the Enugu-PH road, and also the ones from nineth mile, new market flyover to Trans-Ekulo along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway. They need to demolish all the illegal building built on Enugu flyover ramps, remove those mechanic shops and beautify the places.If they replicate what Peter Obi and Obiano did to Upper Iweka and the Awka flyovers in terms of beautification to Enugu flyovers, then nobody will ever pass Enugu without noticing the amazing beauty of flyovers that connect various areas to the city center. Remember Peter Obi had a hard time to sack all those who used the Upper Iweka Flyover ramp as motor parks and illegal markets, then he beautified the place. Enugu government must be bold and do the same for Enugu and posterity

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:23pm On May 27, 2018
Cjrane2:

Enugu has 8 (Eight) flyover bridges without counting the Ebeano tunnel or the Sullivan Tunnel along Abakaliki expressway.

All Enugu flyovers are connecting two parts to the city bisected by the Highway.Three on Enugu -Onitsha expressway, One on Enugu-Abakaliki road and four on Enugu -PH expressway.

The problem is that unlike Anambra that has taken time to decorate its own flyovers at Upper Iweka and Nkpor, Enugu largely neglected most of her flyovers to look like a refuse dump.Infact, Enugu flyovers are still in the shape of what upper Iweka flyover used to be in late 1990s. Most of Enugu flyovers are now zones for mechanic shops and dump site for unserviceable vehicles. Perhaps, except the one on Abakaliki road leading to Akanu Ibiam Intl. airport which Sullivan re-built and beautified.

I hope the Enugu state government begins to beautify her flyovers starting with the ones at Gariki, then ones linking Independence layouts Phase I to Phase II and two others on the Enugu-PH road, and also the ones from nineth mile, new market flyover to Trans-Ekulo along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway. They need to demolish all the illegal building built on Enugu flyover ramps, remove those mechanic shops and beautify the places.If they replicate what Peter Obi and Obiano did to Upper Iweka and the Awka flyovers in terms of beautification to Enugu flyovers, then nobody will ever pass Enugu without noticing the amazing beauty of flyovers that connect various areas to the city center. Remember Peter Obi had a hard time to sack all those who used the Upper Iweka Flyover ramp as motor parks and illegal markets, then he beautified the place. Enugu government must be bold and do the same for Enugu and posterity

The problem is that Enugu state government has NEVER taken city beautification seriously EXCEPT Sullivan Chime. Enugu is only lucky that it was a well planned city. So every the distortion of its master plan and people building in open spaces which should be parks has not totally ruined the city. Yet, such rascality and distortion of the city should not be tolerated and must be addressed by a responsible state government.

Enugu was always planned to be a great city, but those in charge have let all sorts of urchins to distort the master plan by building illegal shacks in every open space.

If you visit Gariki flyover, there are markets, motor parks etc built on the ramp, Yet nobody cares about distortion of the city's masterplan to demolish these illegal structures. So now, it has become the trend in Enugu to build solid structures inside flyover ramps at Independence layout phase one to Phase two link flyover, the Ugwuaji flyover and many others.

One hopes that somehow those close to Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi will prevail on him to do something about the bastardization of Enugu ambiance by building motor parks and shops inside all Enugu flyover ramps. Imagine how Enugu would look if Naira triangle and others are beautified and made aesthetically pleasing? Enugu will be the number preferred city in Nigeria because of the decency and ambiance such will bring.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 27, 2018
Ofuzo:

For the past few days, I've been talking about land scaping/land management, erosion catastrophe, urban renewal projects, buying and selling land by individuals, building gutters and calling it drainage. I also talked about water and waste treatment plants on the imo state thread. Let me pivot to a different subject, something I briefly mentioned which you brought up in this post, when you said that state capitals should have MAYORS.
Well, not just state capitals, but also major cities and small towns. Like I have repeatedly said, we practically do everything the wrong way in nigeria. The practice in developed countries, is to have administrators in all localities. In nigeria, after a state, you have local government areas. In the US, it's called COUNTIES. In these counties, you have towns and cities, major and minor. The prerequisites for having a locality tagged as a city is the population. Once a locality reaches that population milestone, the state awards them city status. There are certain advantages that accrues to a locality with city designation because it empowers them to do certain things like collecting TAXES, electing their own MAYORS, having their own police department etc.
So, in the US, all the cities and towns collect their own taxes, of which REAL ESTATE taxes is the most important. But, they are saddled with responsibilities of which they MUST be able to fulfill and satisfy. Cities are essentially responsible for PAYING TEACHERS SALARIES, COLLECTING GARBAGE/THRASH, BUILDING AND MAINTAINING CITY ROADS, MAINTAINING LAW AND ORDER with their police department. And most importantly above all others, they are responsible for ENFORCING city ordinances, or rules and REGULATIONS.
SO YES, this is how it's done in the US, unlike how it's done in nigeria. The same we are clamouring for decentralization from Abuja for powers to devolve to the states, we should also be fighting for state powers to devolve all the way to our VILLAGE COUNCILS. This set up where nigerian state governors are micro managing most things like GARBAGE COLLECTION in the entire state is a JOKE OF MONUMENTAL PROPORTION.

Good to know we still have enlightened people in southeast. Most of those attacking you are paid minions defending the government
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 27, 2018
spyder880:
When they do well, let's record it. Governor Ugwuanyi has been doing some inner street roads inside the Independence Layout in Enugu.

Celebrating roads with open gutters and no sidewalks for pedestrians.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 8:41pm On May 27, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 1000 youths to clean up Enugu

http://easternreporter.com/2018/05/27/gov-ugwuanyi-inaugurates-1000-youths-to-clean-up-enugu/
Nice move. But the enugu state government should start planning for how to accomodate the large army of EDMs(Externally Displaced Motorcyclists) that Anambra will ofload by july. If possible, employ them to join these street sweepers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 27, 2018
We need to start from the scratch. Its never too late.

What the state government needs to do is just to bring out world class city plan, they dont need to build all the infrastructures. Like someone already said, the city developers and real estate coys ll handle the rest
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 27, 2018
These are the few things our state government must do for Enugu before we start applauding them.

Constructing roads with open gutter/drainage and no side walk must stop.

Modern public transport system. Gariki, newmarket and other 'motor parks' should be upgraded. IVM long buses and mini buses should be used for public transport.

Upgrading our current central business district or mapping out a new one is a must.

Every building must have a portable water system connected to a central water station. "Wells" should be discouraged, you dont find such in developed countries.

Landscaping is must. An open central greenish park; something like Okpara Square but the surface ll be natural grass.

Decent public primary and secondary school in every local government

Well equipped hospital in every senatorial zone with Parklane as the central site. Parklane has to be upgraded with staff and modern healthcare protocol.

Modern markets. Ogbete, Gariki and New market are just an eyesore.

Anything less is a waste of time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 9:47pm On May 27, 2018
spyder880:
When they do well, let's record it. Governor Ugwuanyi has been doing some inner street roads inside the Independence Layout in Enugu.
Nice one.

But after 4 years.....

Hmmm

I'm done commending mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 9:51pm On May 27, 2018
SoNature:

9th mile corner needs a network of flyovers.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:56am On May 28, 2018
Xander85:

9th mile corner needs a network of flyovers.

The one that will be most important is a flyover to take traffic from Ngwo over the express and into Ninth mile.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:00pm On May 28, 2018
eaglechild:

Nice one.

But after 4 years.....

Hmmm

I'm done commending mediocrity

I am not making excuses for Gov Ugwuanyi. But, If you consider that Ugwuanyi has one of the lowest allocations in the country, you will appreciate him. Personally, i think it will be a monumental waste for Ugwuanyi to spend money building more flyovers in Enugu, when more than 8 already existing are unkempt.

I just blame him when even less capital intensive things he could do- such as beautifying the environment and all open areas such as Naira triangle and roundabouts and flyovers are left in unkempt conditions. Many African countries with much less resources than Nigeria look a lot better than Nigeria because they maintain their environment with aesthetic trees, flowers etc. They can't afford flyovers, but they build aesthetically pleasing roundabouts furnished with flowers which more than compensate for flyovers.

Let Governor Ugwuanyi concentrate on how to transform Enugu using trees and flowers along the roads and in ALL roundabouts and already existing flyovers.If he budgets N1 billion naira for that project, he will see the quadruple effect of his effort to beautify the city as the choice destination in SE and SS regions. Beautifying Enugu with trees and flowers will more than transform the ambiance of Enugu as a tourist garden city than building a N50 billion naira flyover at ninth mile or Emene.

Kigali does not have a single flyover, yet it's rated higher than Kampala or other African capitals that have multiple unkempt flyovers. Kigali simply make their roundabouts and roads beautiful and stand out.

Gov Ugwuanyi should simply concentrate on transforming Enugu roads and open spaces with beautiful trees as Kigali has successfully done in the last few years. Enugu should totally focus on the Kigali example and try to out-do Kigali in planting trees and flowers along major roads and roundabouts. Then Enugu will have achieved it's niche as one of the few truly habitable Nigerian cities.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:26pm On May 28, 2018
OreMI22:

I am not making excuses for Gov Ugwuanyi. But, If you consider that Ugwuanyi has one of the lowest allocations in the country, you will appreciate him. Personally, i think it will be a monumental waste for Ugwuanyi to spend money building more flyovers in Enugu, when more than 8 already existing are unkempt.

I just blame him when even less capital intensive things he could do- such as beautifying the environment and all open areas such as Naira triangle and roundabouts and flyovers are left in unkempt conditions. Many African countries with much less resources than Nigeria look a lot better than Nigeria because they maintain their environment with aesthetic trees, flowers etc. They can't afford flyovers, but they build aesthetically pleasing roundabouts furnished with flowers which more than compensate for flyovers.

Let Governor Ugwuanyi concentrate on how to transform Enugu using trees and flowers along the roads and in ALL roundabouts and already existing flyovers.If he budgets N1 billion naira for that project, he will see the quadruple effect of his effort to beautify the city as the choice destination in SE and SS regions. Beautifying Enugu with trees and flowers will more than transform the ambiance of Enugu as a tourist garden city than building a N50 billion naira flyover at ninth mile or Emene.

Kigali does not have a single flyover, yet it's rated higher than Kampala or other African capitals that have multiple unkempt flyovers. Kigali simply make their roundabouts and roads beautiful and stand out.

Gov Ugwuanyi should simply concentrate on transforming Enugu roads and open spaces with beautiful trees as Kigali has successfully done in the last few years. Enugu should totally focus on the Kigali example and try to out-do Kigali in planting trees and flowers along major roads and roundabouts. Then Enugu will have achieved it's niche as one of the few truly habitable Nigerian cities.

You are right.

It can be done. Currently, it is only the government house area that has much greenery.

This can be easily replicated in the other areas without breaking the bank.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:48pm On May 28, 2018
Cooly100:

You are right.

It can be done. Currently, it is only the government house area that has much greenery.

This can be easily replicated in the other areas without breaking the bank.

OreMI22:

I agree with you statements. I rate Peter Obi and Sullivan Chime as giants simply because they had enough sense to know a beautiful environment was as important to ambiance and health as building roads or other infrastructure.

I say this because Chime and Obi were the FIRST Southeast governors to realize that beautifying the environment was just as important as building roads and they did a lot to sanitize and beautify key cities in their states.Picture Cooly100 posted were courtesy of Chime. See how proud it made us feel about Enugu!

I wish the state legislatures make a mandatory provision of N1 billion naira annually for beautification of our cities and towns. It was a legacy of the civil war that we no longer pay any attention to aesthetics and just worry about the barest minimum. We must go back to making the environment conducive and beautiful. We are not animals that should be content with basic shelter and roads. We need a beautiful environment and a beautiful city of our own. Come to think of it, that is why we love Abuja, South Africa or Europe because human beings there made effort to beautify the streets and open areas with trees and flowers. We should do the same for our own cities and stop acting like only the white man knows how to beautify cities. We can do it and we must.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 6:30pm On May 28, 2018
davear:

Good to know we still have enlightened people in southeast. Most of those attacking you are paid minions defending the government

My brother, I tell you this, we need to correct a whole host of things we are doing wrong in nigeria. I'm not joking whenever I say this, and I've said it a lot of times; we have practically done everything the wrong way for a long time in nigeria. In the year 2018, with the world civilisation having passed major milestones, like the stone age, the locomotive age and currently the internet age, we need to start correcting some of these problems RIGHT NOW. We should no longer postpone them.

I have totally and completely diagnosed the problem. The number one reason we have the problems is because we really don't know any better. The one single thing that have allowed me to do that, is the fact that I've lived in a developed country the last thirty six years. I was away for ten years before I came back to nigeria. Right from the airport before you step into the muggy hot polluted ikeja air, I was SHOCKED to my bones. It hits you like a ton of bricks. You immediately know that you just arrived at a third world country. I even began to wonder if the country was the same place I left ten years earlier. So, I've not only diagnosed the problems, I also have solutions.

A lot of nigerians think that having lived in a developed country allows people to know how things are done there or have solutions that will enable us have the kinds of things obtainable in developed countries. WRONG. You can live in a developed country for ten years and sleep walk your way around, the entire time. On a recent visit to nigeria, I was having a chat with an old friend who use to live in the US, and this guy didn't know anything about water and waste treatment plants. He never bothered to find out his entire time there, what happens to his pee and poo whenever he flushed it down the toilet. He never observed the fact that they don't build houses here with block and cement. THERE ARE NO PLASTERING OF HOUSES HERE. Most buildings here are built with brick, granite and tiles that can last for two hundred years without a drop of paint. The interior demarcations were done with DRYWALL not block and cement, hence, there are no CEMENT BILLIONAIRES here.

I can go on and on. Having seen the CONSPIRACY of silence where people who ought to say something have remained mute which have allowed this MEDIOCRITY to take ROOT, I shall not remain silent. I will get a crash course on how to meander my way around the net, of which I'm a novice right now. When I do, I'm gonna start posting videos of how things ought to be.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 7:07pm On May 28, 2018
Ofuzo:

My brother, I tell you this, we need to correct a whole host of things we are doing wrong in nigeria. I'm not joking whenever I say this, and I've said it a lot of times; we have practically done everything the wrong way for a long time in nigeria. In the year 2018, with the world civilisation having passed major milestones, like the stone age, the locomotive age and currently the internet age, we need to start correcting some of these problems RIGHT NOW. We should no longer postpone them.

I have totally and completely diagnosed the problem. The number one reason we have the problems is because we really don't know any better. The one single thing that have allowed me to do that, is the fact that I've lived in a developed country the last thirty six years. I was away for ten years before I came back to nigeria. Right from the airport before you step into the muggy hot polluted ikeja air, I was SHOCKED to my bones. It hits you like a ton of bricks. You immediately know that you just arrived at a third world country. I even began to wonder if the country was the same place I left ten years earlier. So, I've not only diagnosed the problems, I also have solutions.

A lot of nigerians think that having lived in a developed country allows people to know how things are done there or have solutions that will enable us have the kinds of things obtainable in developed countries. WRONG. You can live in a developed country for ten years and sleep walk your way around, the entire time. On a recent visit to nigeria, I was having a chat with an old friend who use to live in the US, and this guy didn't know anything about water and waste treatment plants. He never bothered to find out his entire time there, what happens to his pee and poo whenever he flushed it down the toilet. He never observed the fact that they don't build houses here with block and cement. THERE ARE NO PLASTERING OF HOUSES HERE. Most buildings here are built with brick, granite and tiles that can last for two hundred years without a drop of paint. The interior demarcations were done with DRYWALL not block and cement, hence, there are no CEMENT BILLIONAIRES here.

I can go on and on. Having seen the CONSPIRACY of silence where people who ought to say something have remained mute which have allowed this MEDIOCRITY to take ROOT, I shall not remain silent. I will get a crash course on how to meander my way around the net, of which I'm a novice right now. When I do, I'm gonna start posting videos of how things ought to be.

My friend go and sit down!

Lead by example and stop foaming in the mouth with too much talk and zero action, BUILD A HOUSE WITH NO PLASTERING, DRYWALL AND NO PAINT AND LET US SEE!

Start the revolution of find a seat and rest. grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 7:10pm On May 28, 2018
OreMI22:

Nice pictures of Kigali, one of the most beautiful and cleanest city in all of africa. You will even be SHOCKED more if somebody can upload the city SKYLINE. Almost all of the high-rise office buildings you will see there were built since after the genocide. It's noteworthy to mention that the country have no MINERAL RESOURCES. Before the genocide, the country was a poor and crumbling country. If you show an equivalent picture of aba, owerri or onitsha, it will show thousands of people trading all over the street, pedestrian sidewalks, the shoulders and median strips of the roads, with other people walking and milling around, carrying stuff on their heads, hawking all kinds of wares. Because there are no garbage collection system, the whole landscape will be littered with all manners of refuse.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 7:15pm On May 28, 2018
Ofuzo:

Nice pictures of Kigali, one of the most beautiful and cleanest city in all of africa. You will even be SHOCKED more if somebody can upload the city SKYLINE. Almost all of the high-rise office buildings you will see there were built since after the genocide. It's noteworthy to mention that the country have no MINERAL RESOURCES. Before the genocide, the country was a poor and crumbling country. If you show an equivalent picture of aba, owerri or onitsha, it will show thousands of people trading all over the street, pedestrian sidewalks, the shoulders and median strips of the roads, with other people walking and milling around, carrying stuff on their heads, hawking all kinds of wares. Because there are no garbage collection system, the whole landscape will be littered with all manners of refuse.

That's because we are in Nigeria, a country with more than 200 million problems.

Do cows roam around and throw bullcrap all over the streets of Kigali? Don't annoy me o, I get hot temper o grin

Go and ban open cow herding first.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 7:24pm On May 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:

My friend go and sit down!

Lead by example and stop foaming in the mouth with too much talk and zero action, BUILD A HOUSE WITH NO PLASTERING, DRYWALL AND NO PAINT AND LET US SEE!

Start the revolution of find a seat and rest. grin

Shut the FURK up you DUMB SUCKER. Punk ass mother FURKING son of a DUMMY. Better still, go back to your backward village, the only thing you've known your entire time. Useless anambra BOYI.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BeijinDossier: 7:30pm On May 28, 2018
Useless frustrated primitive old fool. Dumb ass.hole. How did you know he was from Anambra in a forum like this? Hopeless frustrated villager from the rural area called IMO STATE. It is useless and worthless people like you are the reason Imo state is a backward village filled with the poorest Igbos.

All you do is come here everyday to write long useless essay with nothing to show for it.

[s]
Ofuzo:

Shut the FURK up you DUMB SUCKER. Punk ass mother FURKING son of a DUMMY. Better still, go back to your backward village, the only thing you've known your entire time. Useless anambra BOYI.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 8:02pm On May 28, 2018
For those searching for frantic excuses to justify why we shouldn't make our cities look decent.
Shame on you!

Why not also make excuses with mosquitoes too instead of cows and goats? Or better still make excuses with the heat of the sun and claim the sun is hotter in Kigali than Nigeria?

Countries like Rwanda that transformed Kigali on meager budgets (About the size of a state govt. budget in Nigeria) have proven that even if a country doesn't have money for big infrastructure such as bridges and flyovers, utilizing the little in it's possession to ensure clean streets adorned with tree-lined boulevards and beautiful open areas will achieve the same effect. Since maintaining Kigali, their government has attracted a lot of foreign investors to build hotels, set up telecommunications etc in their country!

Compare Kigali to Abuja where the vast of Nigeria's resources were spent since 1976? The progress made by Kigali by simply planting trees and cleaning up it's streets since 2006 almost make the two cities comparable! Enugu should copy the Kigali example and maintain the little it has. You really don't need to build multiple flyovers to build a world class decent city.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 8:10pm On May 28, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Useless frustrated primitive old fool. Dumb ass.hole. How did you know he was from Anambra in a forum like this? Hopeless frustrated villager from the rural area called IMO STATE. It is useless and worthless people like you are the reason Imo state is a backward village filled with the poorest Igbos.

All you do is come here everyday to write long useless essay with nothing to show for it.

[s][/s]

You can create as many names as you want, and think you can get away with it. But in the end, all comments have DNA's. Try as much as you can to disguise, I can still smell your USELESS ANAMBRA'S ASS from a mile away.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 8:13pm On May 28, 2018
Cjrane2:
For those searching for frantic excuses to justify why we shouldn't make our cities look decent -- Shame on you.
Why not also make excuses with mosquitoes too instead of cows and goats? Or better still make excuses with the heat of the sun and claim the sun is hotter in Kigali than Nigeria?

Countries like Rwanda that transformed Kigali on meager budgets (About the size of a state govt. budget in Nigeria) have proven that even if a country doesn't have money for big infrastructure such as bridges and flyovers, utilizing the little in it's possession to ensure clean streets adorned with tree-lined boulevards and beautiful open areas will achieve the same effect. Since maintaining Kigali, their government has attracted a lot of foreign investors to build hotels, set up telecommunications etc in their country!

Compare Kigali to Abuja where the vast of Nigeria's resources were spent since 1976? The progress made by Kigali by simply planting trees and cleaning up it's streets since 2006 almost make the two cities comparable! Enugu should copy the Kigali example and maintain the little it has. You really don't need to build multiple flyovers to build a world class decent city.

There are actually some u tube Kigali videos that will blow your mind, a poor country with no MINERAL RESOURCES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.