Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,332 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1796015 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OMANBALA1: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
There is no opposition in Enugu state, not. Ugwuanyi, by the way is getting fatter a sign of a poor health choice and laziness. It won't be long before he develops cardiovascular problems and his major organs will start failing.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
spyder880:
There's about 500 or so shops in this mall and they told me it's all booked down. A city experiencing rapid expansion.
any idea of people behind this since it looks like private development.. by the way if it is all booked then there has to be a economy driving it

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
asha80:
any idea of people behind this since it looks like private development.. by the way if it is all booked then there has to be a economy driving it

I will get the name of the developers, but I am sure its private. There's enough economy driving the demand for shops especially along the Ugwuaji road axis where building materials importers has since dominated. Its easier buying stuff here than moving into Kenyatta street to be trapped in traffic jams.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ofuzo:

They also build lock up shops, even those with no bathrooms and packing lots and call it utra MODERN mall.

Is that not madness? When I was telling someone on this thread, they just hit me with a big stick. There a countless plazas around the country that are bigger than that but they still maintain the normal name without any form of hyperbole. They did not say they recorded lesser sales than the ones with the hyperbole.

Keep it simple and let your services speak for you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 2:26am On Jun 28, 2018
Develpeast:

Is that not madness? When I was telling someone on this thread, they just hit me with a big stick. There a countless plazas around the country that are bigger than that but they still maintain the normal name without any form of hyperbole. They did not say they recorded lesser sales than the ones with the hyperbole.

Keep it simple and let your services speak for you.

Man, let me tell you something; I wish I can start taking pictures where am at and start uploading them. Next time I take a vacation, I'm gonna get a crash course on how to maneuver my way around the net. Just don't know how to do that right now. We have a loooooooong way to go. I'm talking about 200 years behind in practically everything. Let me just give you an example. Do you know that they are still manufacturing and using tubes in our tyres. Yes tubes. Tubes are at least 30 years ago technology in most countries of the world, but we are still using it in nigeria. In the early nineties, I shipped a car to my father and they took out the fuel injection which is a 21st century technology and replaced it with a caburator which was a 20th century technology!! One time I came back and asked them why? They told me that aba mechanics don't know how to fix it!! We really have donkey years to overcome our backwardness. Right now, all that is happening in nigeria are people waking up in the morning and going out to engage in one form of buying and selling. They might be selling stuff they are carrying on their heads. OR selling something that are displayed on the street. OR selling something out of some attachment on their house. Nothing else, but buying and selling of one goods or the other.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ofuzo:

Man, let me tell you something; I wish I can start taking pictures where am at and start uploading them. Next time I take a vacation, I'm gonna get a crash course on how to maneuver my way around the net. Just don't know how to do that right now. We have a loooooooong way to go. I'm talking about 200 years behind in practically everything. Let me just give you an example. Do you know that they are still manufacturing and using tubes in our tyres. Yes tubes. Tubes are at least 30 years ago technology in most countries of the world, but we are still using it in nigeria. In the early nineties, I shipped a car to my father and they took out the fuel injection which is a 21st century technology and replaced it with a caburator which was a 20th century technology!! One time I came back and asked them why? They told me that aba mechanics don't know how to fix it!! We really have donkey years to overcome our backwardness. Right now, all that is happening in nigeria are people waking up in the morning and going out to engage in one form of buying and selling. They might be selling stuff they are carrying on their heads. OR selling something that are displayed on the street. OR selling something out of some attachment on their house. Nothing else, but buying and selling of one goods or the other.

You are a compound fvool for saying Aba mechanics cannot repair a fuel injector. You have never owned a car in your wretched life. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
OMANBALA1:
There is no opposition in Enugu state, not. Ugwuanyi, by the way is getting fatter a sign of a poor health choice and laziness. It won't be long before he develops cardiovascular problems and his major organs will start failing.

Go to the comedy section and lament your backward existence you yoloba man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You are a compound fvool for saying Aba mechanics cannot repair a fuel injector. You have never owned a car in your wretched life. grin

One disease of MENTALLY RETARDED PEOPLE is their inability to process too much imformation at one time. If you had read my post very carefully, you will see that I was talking about early nineties, 1993 to be precise. But because you are mentally challenged, it was hard for you to comprehend. One page post was just too much to read at one time!! DUMB SUCKER!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:

I wonder how the guy talk most times

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Update on heliu residences enugu,
Location - independence layout phase2,along enugu - portharcourt express,

The bridge in top gear,
Credit - fit consult

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
More recent update,
Heliu residences

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
Other variety of architecture.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

The bridge in top gear,
Credit - fit consult

Nice one Arinze! But why does it seem to be taking forever for us to see finished structures, streets and occupied houses in this Heliu Estate and Centenary Golf City? At least for the Centenary Golf City, by now we should have started seeing neighbourhoods, parks and tree-lined streets!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
Xander85:

Nice one Arinze! But why does it seem to be taking forever for us to see finished structures, streets and occupied houses in this Heliu Estate and Centenary Golf City? At least for the Centenary Golf City, by now we should have started seeing neighbourhoods, parks and tree-lined streets!

They already got off taking occupants resident in the estates,
They already had the pioneer students at Hill range school,
Things are picking up

Still on heliu

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

The bridge in top gear,
Credit - fit consult

Independence Layout Phase II will hopefully define Enugu as a truly modern city in the world. With the massive plan of the centenary golf city and Heliu, government should make sure NOW that adequate space are left for dual carriage ways into the entire area. If adequate space was not left on Chime avenue, it would not have been possible to dualize it in 2006 under Chimaroke after the area had been built up.

Goshen Estate in Independence layout Phase 2 has already blocked a major road with their gate. If that type of behavior by estate developers continue and it's condoned by the state government, then the entire area will end up as an inaccessible unplanned ghetto area.

I hope that isn't allowed to happen. The major roads linking the area from the flyovers on Enugu-PH expressway should all be maintained and widened into dual carriage ways to make sure connecting between Independence layout Phase II and the present Enugu city are a seamless flow of free traffic back and forth.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Cjrane2:

Independence Layout Phase II will hopefully define Enugu as a truly modern city in the world. With the massive plan of the centenary golf city and Heliu, government should make sure NOW that adequate space are left for dual carriage ways into the entire area. If adequate space was not left on Chime avenue, it would not have been possible to dualize it in 2006 under Chimaroke after the area had been built up.

Goshen Estate in Independence layout Phase 2 has already blocked a major road with their gate. If that type of behavior by estate developers continue and it's condoned by the state government, then the entire area will end up as an inaccessible unplanned ghetto area. I hope that isn't allowed to happen. The major roads linking the area from the flyovers on Enugu-PH expressway should all be maintained and widened into dual carriage ways to make sure connecting between Independence layout Phase II and the present Enugu city are a seamless flow of free traffic back and forth.

That's too dastardly of a haphazard plan,
That's why gburugburu needs to beam his developmental searchlight on enugu,

The future belongs to them who creates and shapes it today, they are called tomorrow's people, tomorrow conforms to their plan,

Enugu is ripe for bespoke sleeky interchanges, especially at naira triangle,

Good to note that, copen group developers of goshen estates, are moving to nsukka, and about to begin new developments there.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 5:16am On Jul 01, 2018
B2mario:

Not surprised that you are wondering because some of you are just wandering around in the DARKNESS. Like I told one guy some time ago, just try to leave your village for once in your life. You don't even have to cross the ocean. Morrocan, Kenyan and South African visas are not hard to get. Go and visit cities like Rabat, Nairobi, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, to see how they build things. I have even suggested visiting Abuja to see how it was built. All these JUNK they are building in igboland is a JOKE. The funny thing is the amount of CHEST THUMPING coming from you guys about your prowess in business, but you guys don't seem to know how to do other things right. The pictures I've seen about some of these estates like heliu are typical of all other RUBBISH that is springing up in the south east ie houses that are built with BLOCK and CEMENT; the entire front yard and back yard covered with concrete instead of grass; no trees in sight; HUMAN WASTE that is buried in the backyard; BOREHOLE for clean water. I even saw a GUTTER to nowhere, like it is on every SINGLE one of our roads. It's all GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT. Stop it NOW. Start doing things the right way. It's 2018 for crying out loud. Stop this MEDIOCRITY in igboland.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2018
Ofuzo:

Not surprised that you are wondering because some of you are just wandering around in the DARKNESS. Like I told one guy some time ago, just try to leave your village for once in your life. You don't even have to cross the ocean. Morrocan, Kenyan and South African visas are not hard to get. Go and visit cities like Rabat, Nairobi, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, to see how they build things. I have even suggested visiting Abuja to see how it was built. All these JUNK they are building in igboland is a JOKE. The funny thing is the amount of CHEST THUMPING coming from you guys about your prowess in business, but you guys don't seem to know how to do other things right. The pictures I've seen about some of these estates like heliu are typical of all other RUBBISH that is springing up in the south east ie houses that are built with BLOCK and CEMENT; the entire front yard and back yard covered with concrete instead of grass; no trees in sight; HUMAN WASTE that is buried in the backyard; BOREHOLE for clean water. I even saw a GUTTER to nowhere, like it is on every SINGLE one of our roads. It's all GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT. Stop it NOW. Start doing things the right way. It's 2018 for crying out loud. Stop this MEDIOCRITY in igboland.

Welcome Bro, I feel your displeasure over a lot of things which are obviously not being done right, especially when compared to the way its being done in other advanced countries where you've lived and worked. I also got your advice about greenery, a good landscaping culture and a general awareness to the ambience of our dwellings by employing nature as a good help to mask a few unsightly things.

But I strongly disagree with you if you say we are not making a very great push in the right direction as it concerns housing development in the eastern part of Nigeria. I have a lot of reasons to say that what we are doing now might not be in the standard of works you will see in Jo'burg, Rabat or Cairo, but we cannot stop what we are doing because our lawns are not covered with grass or that we don't have central sewage, or community clean water supply instead of wells and boreholes.

This is Nigeria, remember that. We are very much limited in what we can do here because the government is structured to kill businesses, not to help it. In this country, to develop a housing estate, I will have to build my own roads, provide my own water supplies, provide power supply, provide security for my materials, take all the risk with transportation on bad or non existent roads, fight ogbanecheagu, community groups and government regulators. Please remember that I cannot take loans to do these, the rates are just cut throat at 25% or more, before I will pay about 30% in taxes to the same government who has not helped me in anyway! SAD.

I know these because I own a housing estate myself, so whenever you see housing development in Nigeria, please praise the little they can do. Don't expect perfection, and always remember, ACTION BEATS INACTION ANYDAY. We cannot start living in bushes because Nigeria refused to function like a country. There's no mediocrity in the way we do things, we are moving to the best of our ability, while fighting with the obvious disadvantage of living in a place where things are not working.

Thank you.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:26am On Jul 03, 2018
spyder880:

Welcome Bro, I feel your displeasure over a lot of things which are obviously not being done right, especially when compared to the way its being done in other advanced countries where you've lived and worked. I also got your advice about greenery, a good landscaping culture and a general awareness to the ambience of our dwellings by employing nature as a good help to mask a few unsightly things.

But I strongly disagree with you if you say we are not making a very great push in the right direction as it concerns housing development in the eastern part of Nigeria. I have a lot of reasons to say that what we are doing now might not be in the standard of works you will see in Jo'burg, Rabat or Cairo, but we cannot stop what we are doing because our lawns are not covered with grass or that we don't have central sewage, or community clean water supply instead of wells and boreholes.

This is Nigeria, remember that. We are very much limited in what we can do here because the government is structured to kill businesses, not to help it. In this country, to develop a housing estate, I will have to build my own roads, provide my own water supplies, provide power supply, provide security for my materials, take all the risk with transportation on bad or non existent roads, fight ogbanecheagu, community groups and government regulators. Please remember that I cannot take loans to do these, the rates are just cut throat at 25% or more, before I will pay about 30% in taxes to the same government who has not helped me in anyway! SAD.

I know these because I own a housing estate myself, so whenever you see housing development in Nigeria, please praise the little they can do. Don't expect perfection, and always remember, ACTION BEATS INACTION ANYDAY. We cannot start living in bushes because Nigeria refused to function like a country. There's no mediocrity in the way we do things, we are moving to the best of our ability, while fighting with the obvious disadvantage of living in a place where things are not working.

Thank you.

Thank you for taking time to explain the situation. I know a boy in Onitsha that asked his parents to give him N100 billion naira to start business or else he would burn down the parents house and kill the father. The boy's friends cajoled him by saying he would not even be able to count N1 billion naira talk more of N100 billion naira. The youths of today just say things without even thinking how feasible they are based on available resources.

Most of these guys have NEVER lived abroad. They are only imagining things from movies. Which is very far from reality abroad. So they wake up and advocate why we cannot build bridges all over the city for mini intra city rail network. Why we cannot build 50 storey building apartment complexes, why we cannot build a sewage system overnight, why we cannot just build 10 million duplexes to solve the housing deficit and so on. Of course there are cheap things we could do to make our environment habitable. Such as planting A LOT of trees and flowers along the roads and around public buildings such as schools and hospitals.

However, from their write ups, you immediately know they have never analyzed Nigeria's gross earning from oil and how much the national budget is worth. Their fantasies expose the fact that they are children who cannot match the ability of the available resources to address those types of fantasy projects. In a state whose budget is less than $400 million dollars per year to cater for more than 5 million people, you are talking about a project that will cost $5-20 billion dollars? It shows how disconnected from reality that they are. I always ask them why they and their father are poorer than Dangote who is obviously younger than their father. Why haven't they made enough money despite being older than Dangote? When you ask them questions like that, they are forced to face reality for a minute and think. If everything were simply there for the asking, everyone would be a millionaire, just as every country in the world would be rich and afford to build anything they like.

Those countries he thinks are heaven and earth also struggle with a lot of issues. Nigeria is making progress and we will get there.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
Na wa oh! See nice houses minted as far as the eye can see!

Just wish it was followed up with timely and adequate gov't provision of well landscaped, paved and tree-lined streets!

Can someone close to gov't help us tell them to up their game in these new and upcoming estates! And where it's the responsibility of the developer, compel them to adhere to minimum standards at all times!

Another thing is that if gov't is doing a good job in IGR collection....plugging all holes and leakages, then there's no reason why the gov't shouldn't be raking in at least 2 billion naira a month from real-estate and tenement rates!

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
BankeSmalls:

He also said in the early nineties!! Read and comprehend before typing to avoid making a fool of yourself.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
The new face of the Miliken Hill road, Ngwo,

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chai Enugu bu obodo oyigbo. Uzo nke a amaka.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
Those roads are very beautiful. But it needs serious safety features for night drivers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Digitron:

Cool..Enugu state adigo mma

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
I am hoping Enugu State Government enforce and maintain this standard of road width in Independence layout phase 2.

From the looks of it, the Independence Layout Phase 2 area is already being bastardized by estate developers encroaching on the road with their fences and blocking every available space to build wide access roads

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
But why are all this developments not seen in places abakpa? I always thought that after Sullivan focused on Enugu town, that Ugwuanyi will turn his search lights to residential areas like abakpa.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
melodyogonna:
But why are all this developments not seen in places abakpa? I always thought that after Sullivan focused on Enugu town, that Ugwuanyi will turn his search lights to residential areas like abakpa.

Abakpa is fine and getting good attention. The roads are good and gutters are working. Traffic blockage is being fought by the new traffic wardens in Town. But, don't expect Abakpa to become Independence layout overnight. Abakpa had a major setback as it was not well planned like other parts of town. Remember, Abakpa was a village of Nike people where ancestral homes were scattered before the coming of the white man. It won't be easy to plan it now.

However, the upper parts of Nike like Ibagwa, Amorji, Edem and Umuchigbo are mapping out lands for some sort of planned development. We hope the development of those listed towns will correct the way we see that end of town.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Digitron:

All I can say is WONDERFUL! cheesy

I can't wait to put my car on that road again, I love driving through miliken hill from a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ok, let's have a feel of Enugu aerial view from Miliken hill areas........

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
More to come, meanwhile, join me for an early dinner. Abakaliki rice with fish stew, and of course Aqua Rapha water cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (705) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.