Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 26 pages)

Sports / Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Jarus: 37 goals as our record highest scoring pllayer forr Super Eagles is not a good record. Eto'o has haalf of that at Nations Cup alone and 50+ goalls for the national team, Drogba has 60+ gOals fOr CIV. Even Asamoah Gyan has More than 37 gOals forr Ghana.

Take it easy !!! Not a good record It may not be the BEST but it is very good. Check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

More important is the statistic of goal per game 0.64 . That ratio was very much higher in1994 but he then got several caps at the tail end of his career when returns were clearly diminishing.

Yekini Played in an era when players when our football was not yet professional initially and he came to full time football quite late.
Almost ALL if not all his games were competitive with no few friendlies.
Still let us wish Emenike well it is his time now.
Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 10:17am On Oct 19, 2013
passion007: The arguments are supported by "facts" on both sides.
The US report would likely mask their vested interest, as would the Malaysia report. Both countries have a lot at stake if the world is convinced to dis/continue palm oil.

Where is the Nigerian report? Please provide a link to one.
We have food scientists, clinical dietitians, nutritionists and physicians.
Their honest take on this should be all that matters.

You are right the truth is somewhere in between.If you eat moderate amounts of palm oil I think i is fine and in my view better than margarine,butter ,ghee or lard. The other thing is freshness. If you live abroad you could be using oil a few years old. I guess this is not the best but perhaps research is needed.
Anyway our diet in Nigeria is generally not based on fried foods and so we are more likely to use palm oil in Yam Pottage,Beans and Soups.
Sports / Re: FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2013
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/10/19/4343153/hoffenheim-kiessling-phantom-goal-is-scandalous

Oct 19, 2013 12:22:00 AM

The hosts were left fuming after referee Felix Brych awarded Bayer Leverkusen a goal when the ball went through the side netting, though, the official claims he was given no help
Bet
= Bayer 04 LeverkusenLEV £18.3 Draw £35 Shakhtar DonetskSHD £43.3 Bet365
Hoffenheim sporting director Alexander Rosen believes it is "scandalous" that Stefan Kiessling's goal was allowed to stand for Bayer Leverkusen and the club will lodge an appeal to have the game replayed.

Leverkusen left the Rhein-Neckar Arena with three points and went top of the Bundesliga following the striker's header which went through the side netting to give the visitors a 2-1 victory.

To add to Hoffenheim's woes they also had a perfectly good goal disallowed and missed a penalty but Rosen was left perplexed by referee Felix Brych's decision to award Kiessling the goal.

“I was absolutely incredulous,” he told reporters. “We immediately saw in the reaction of the Leverkusen players that it was not a goal.

“Then I went down and saw it on TV. That’s scandalous.”

The referee explained his decision after the match, Brych said: "I had a slight doubt but the reaction from the players was clear: nobody was against [the decision].

"I checked with Kiessling. But no-one, not even him said that it wasn't a goal. The ball was in the net and for everyone on the pitch it was a legitimate goal."

Hoffenheim coach Markus Gisdol believes the match should be replayed and the club are to lodge an appeal.

There is a precedent for this type of incident as in April 1994 the encounter between Nurnberg and Bayern Munich was forced to be played again as Thomas Helmer was given a goal despite failing to score in a match that Bayern won 2-1. The DFB association ruled the match should be replayed with Bayern winning it 5-0.

“I think we will see this game again,” Gisdol told reporters. “I hope it will be a just as good a game, but with a better end for us.

“Why should a game with Bayern Munich be replayed, but not one for Hoffenheim?”

Meanwhile the hosts' captain Andreas Beck admitted it was something he had never experienced before in his career.

He said: “Something like this has never happened to me before. I thought my eyes were playing with me. I’m excited to see what happens next and as a competitor I would of course like a replay."
Sports / Re: FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Sports / FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Sports / Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 1:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Are you Joking.? You must be Young. Don't let Cameroun hear you
COOLDUN:

Not only Nigeria but the whole West Africa because Nigeria is the first West African country to go to the World Cup in 1994. Rashidi Yekini’s record is not easy to be broken my dear. Let the new players try to create another records that is what we want for now. Creating more records would come with hard work, commitment, and dedication I wish him luck in his career and aspirations.

1 Like

Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 1:52am On Oct 19, 2013
At the person who said he does not eat congealed oil . The truth is oils that are artificially hardened by hydrogenation are used in the food industry in foods like biscuits,bread,cakes and pastries almost always. People eatig these food rarely think they are eating fat but they are. Refined and deodorized to enhance palatability these fats are ubiquitous. Palm oil is natural and in my view safer than butter or lard which are widely used in baking. The other thing is interest groups promote and champion research that favours them.

2 Likes

Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 1:16am On Oct 19, 2013
adconline:
This is not about alternative, but the clear FACT that palm oil causes bad cholesterol -LDL to rise.
Of course it is about alternative. It we take it as a given that humans MUST consume oil and we are told that some oils are harmful we must ask which oils are safe.
Have you got any studies that demonstrate that palm oi causes LDL to risel. Please share this with me. By the way the binary of "good" and "bad" cholesterol is a misnomer. Like any other nutrient into the human body moderation and balance is key. Much of what has been written about Palm oil is not based on direct studies and ignores a key concept; BIOAVAILABILITY. The fact that a food contains something does not tell us whether if we consume it we absorb it at all of t what extent. So if you are aware of any studies that outline the dietary intake of palm oil in grammes daily ,over what period and the pre nd post study measurement of so called "bad cholesterol" share it here.
The other thing to bear in mind is the relationship between cholesterol ,atheroma and heart disease is complex. There is an "associative" not a "causative" relationship. Other variables come into play and these are not fully understood today. Many people with so called good diets have high cholesterol levels and vice versa.
Palm oil is very good especially when FRESH
Sports / Re: Top International Scorers Foot Ball All Time by 0monnakoda: 1:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Sports / Top International Scorers Foot Ball All Time by 0monnakoda: 12:48am On Oct 19, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

List of players
# Country Name International goals Caps Goals per Match
1 Iran Ali Daei 109 149 0.73
2 Hungary Ferenc Puskás 84 85 0.99
3 Japan Kunishige Kamamoto 80 84 0.95
4 Zambia Godfrey Chitalu 78 108 0.72
5 Brazil Pelé 77 92 0.84
6 Kuwait Bashar Abdullah 75 133 0.56
7 Saudi Arabia Majed Abdullah 71 116 0.61
8 Trinidad and Tobago Stern John 70 115 0.61
= Thailand Kiatisuk Senamuang 70 131 0.53
10 Germany Gerd Müller / Miroslav Klose 68 62 / 130 1.09 / 0.52
= Egypt Hossam Hassan 68 176 0.39
12 Ivory Coast Didier Drogba 62 97 0.64
13 Iraq Hussein Saeed 61 126 0.48
= Republic of Ireland Robbie Keane 61 130 0.47
15 Honduras Carlos Pavón 57 101 0.56
= United States Landon Donovan 57 154 0.37
17 Argentina Gabriel Batistuta 56 78 0.72
= Spain David Villa 56 93 0.60
19 Czech Republic Jan Koller 55 91 0.60
= Singapore Fandi Ahmad 55 101 0.54
= East Germany Joachim Streich 55 102 0.54
= Guatemala Carlos Ruiz 55 104 0.53
= Cameroon Samuel Eto'o 55 114 0.48
= South Korea Cha Bum-Kun 55 121 0.45
Sports / Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 12:41am On Oct 19, 2013
I wish him well But Yekini's record no be beans o!
Not just for a Nigerian but for ANY international especially when you consider that he got several caps toward the end when he was no longer scoring .
To reach the record he needs to stay injury free for a while
Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Ika oo ni Boje!
Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Thanks Chuks. Everyday one bigoted yoruba must start a silly thread that will tend to make a mockery of Igbos. The poster is a well known bigot.
How can you accuse me of making monkey of ibos.What an outrageous thing to say. I did not "start" this. The good people of Igbodo did so don't blame me. Have I misinformed anyone. Why are people so wicked?
Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: smh angry
Como Es El Senor Dem ?
Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
drnoel: Very true, palm oil is a known blocker of pipes and vessels and has been linked to coronary heart disease. Suitable alternatives are capsid oil, vegetable oil, groundnut oil (which is high in HDL and LDL), cotton seed oil, sun flower oil, rapsberry oil to name a few.
Known What is the source of this knowledge? The Bible?

1 Like

Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
adorable29: Hey relax with the insults! A woman should not be so quick to abuse! The logic behind it is this:, Our pple say "its only a woman that knows the true father of her child". That being said, in the event that d woman plays "away match" nd produces a ist son based on that affair, at least the "fake heir" will still have d Igbodo blood in his veins! Instead of the abomination of having a total stranger mounting the throne! This things are sacred and our heritage... Pls let's respect the wisdom of our elders and stop "oyibonizing" everything!

What do you expect from a termagant
Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
adconline:
They are dying in droves, but cretinous species like you blame it on witches and wizards... Also your govt does not keep score of folks dying.
Cn you name a superior alternative
Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Cholesterol which has such a bad reputation is required to produce testosterone and other hormones. The whole issue is one of Balance.Like anything in life excess could be harmful. Regarding the tendency of Palm oil to solidify that just raises the question of whether it is a Fat or an oil or something in between just like Margarine. Palm oil contains so much that is beneficial to health and I am huge fan
Nairaland / General / Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by 0monnakoda: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
I have learnt to tolerate Sinedu and Sidima whilst Ignoring Ooshay's nose
Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: Is that all you could get from the story?
Is that Multiple choice or Essay question ?

How is DEM2
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: You were d one that 1st quoted me and inserted yourself in a discussion where I specifically askd smone to provide details on his claim. If you didn't know what that claim was, why insert yaself into d discuss??
So that gives you licence to abuse me?
I do not abuse anyone first but I respond directly to your mother and father at home. So be warned.
I told you who built the plant in VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. There is no ambiguity about that if you want to deal in issues fine if you want to exchange abuses with your parent I am also fine with that
Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1836037Med J Malaysia. 1991 Mar;46(1):41-50.
Effects of palm oil on cardiovascular risk.
Chong YH, Ng TK.
Source

Palm Oil Research Institute of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
Abstract

A major public health concern of affluent nations is the excessive consumption of dietary fats which are now closely linked to coronary heart disease. Against this scenario, the tropical oils and palm oil in particular, have been cast as major villains in the U.S.A., despite the fact that palm oil consumption there is negligible. The unsuspecting public may not realise that the call to avoid palm oil is nothing more than a trade ploy since in recent years palm oil has been very competitive and has gained a major share of the world's edible oils and fats market. Many also lose sight of the fact that, palm oil, like other edible oils and fats, is an important component of the diet. The allegation that palm oil consumption leads to raised blood cholesterol levels and is therefore atherogenic is without scientific foundation. Examination of the chemical and fatty acid composition of palm oil or its liquid fraction should convince most nutritionists that the oil has little cholesterol-raising potential. The rationale for these are: it is considered cholesterol free. its major saturated fatty acid, palmitic acid (16:0) has recently been shown to be neutral in its cholesterolaemic effect, particularly in situations where the LDL receptors have not been down-regulated by dietary means or through a genetic effect. palm oil contains negligible amounts (less than 1.5%) of the hypercholesterolemic saturated fatty acids, namely lauric acid (12:0) and myristic acid (14:0). it has moderately rich amounts of the hypocholesterolaemic, monounsaturated oleic acid (18:1, omega-9) and adequate amounts of linoleic acid. (18:2, omega-6). It contains minor components such as the vitamin E tocotrienols which are not only powerful antioxidants but are also natural inhibitors of cholesterol synthesis. Feeding experiments in various animal species and humans also do not support the allegation that palm oil is atherogenic. On the contrary, palm oil consumption reduces blood cholesterol in comparison with the traditional sources of saturated fats such as coconut oil, dairy and animal fats. In addition, palm oil consumption may raise HDL levels and reduce platelet aggregability. As with all nutrients, there is a need to obtain a balance of different fatty acids found in fats in edible oils and other food sources. There is no single ideal source of fat that answers to the recent American Heart Association's call to reflect a 1:1:1 ratio of saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in relation to the recommended dietary fat intake of 30% of calories or less.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

17 Likes

Food / Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Rubyventures:

All I am saying is that Palm oil is very high in Poly saturated fats, these fats clog up the arteries. If you know this fact are you still prepared to take this risk?
Not true that is superficial Science. The subject has been well researched in Malaysia . So rather than be sensational don't be LAZY do some research

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Lawd!!! Hehehehehehe.... So na this one una get since? Did you read d article you posted... BUNCH OF SHAMELESS LIARS
Guy please check well those you are exchanging insults with.Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: If Tinubu did not build it, who did na?? Abi, na Fashola build am? I mean, it has to be either of them, right? Abi, is d claim not: a 271MW Power Plant has been built by d Lagos State Govt and is presently supplying power to d National Grid??
cLaim by me. Are you Well? The reason I am talking to you is that you quoted me.So I suggest you GO BACK nd READ what you quoted.
Culture / Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngokafor: ....i dont get it...why are some peeps jumping around like frogs??..is it that they are really daft,mentally unstable or both?...
...The tradition there is that their traditional ruler should not marry a 'foreigner' simple...it's not about Igbo or whoever so whats the big deal?....silly thread indeed!
So Eboes are foreigners
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

AES EGBIN

Stakeholders report two versions of the inception
of the project.
In the first version, Enron
approached the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
and the Lagos State Government with a
proposal to build own and operate an emergency faci
lity, namely a 90 MW barge-mounted diesel plant
to be run on liquid fuel, followed by a permanent f
acility comprising a 560 MW gas-fired plant,--both
under a common PPA. In the second version of the s
tory, the Lagos State Government apparently
drove the process and directly approached Enron for
the two-part project. In both versions,
international competitive bidding (ICB) practices w
ere overlooked and the deal was negotiated within
months. The original power purchase agreement was s
igned in 1999 among the project company, the
Lagos State Government, the Federal Ministry of Pow
er & Steel and NEPA, with the expectation that

the first plant would be on-stream by December 1999
. Yinka Folawiyo Power Limited (YFP), a local
Nigerian firm, was also involved at this stage as a
dvisor to Enron, but not a signatory to the PPA.
Due to public pressure, however, this initial deal
was modified, and negotiations would
continue for another six months through to mid-2000
. Major objections were raised about: the lack of
transparent and competitive bidding; the type of fu
el to be used, the fact that the plant would not be
penalized for poor performance; that the project co
mpany would receive excessive contract
termination payments; and that capacity payments we
re deemed too high. Amidst the ongoing
negotiation, the original plan for the land-based 5
60 MW plant was shelved (albeit not dropped). The
major items to be changed involved increasing the i
nitial plant from 90 MW to 270 MW (9 units of 30
MW each gas-fired open cycle) and switching the fue
l from liquid fuel to natural gas, both of which
had the effect of reducing the capacity and energy
charges (with some reports of a reduction of up to
ten times the original charge), with a final invest
ment cost of US$240 million.
It was agreed that the capacity charge would be fl
at, indexed to OECD CPI, for the 13.25-year
duration of the contract, which would be backed by
a sovereign guarantee. Capacity charges would be
payable in dollars. There was no separate fuel supp
ly agreement; instead, fuel was to be provided by
NEPA (subsequently PHCN), which would contract it d
irectly from the Nigerian Gas Company.
A little less than a year before Enron filed for b
ankruptcy, the firm sold its shares in two
tranches.
In September 2000, Enron sold 30 percent to AES. T
hen in December 2000, the firm sold
the remaining 65 percent and 5 percent respectively
to AES and YFP, which although present since
project inception only became a shareholder in 2000
. Enron did not complete construction, and the
construction contract was transferred to AES Inc Vi
rginia USA, with the plant coming online in May
2001 (Van Meeteren 2005).
Although agreement was reached and the plant has b
een online since 2001, further
negotiations continued with regard to the availabil
ity-deficiency payment as well as the tax exemption
certificate (which remains outstanding). The issues
were ultimately taken to arbitration, and while th
e
arbitration has been concluded, after approximately
five years, the arbitral award is still being awai
ted,
together with a figure for the ultimate cost of the
arbitration (RERA per com 2011). Throughout,
secure fuel supply has been an issue for AES due to
conflict in the Niger Delta, which flared up most
recently in 2008/9, and which impacts on fuel deliv
ery to the plant, located in Lagos.
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: And, it is a 271MW Plant, built by Tinubu, which presently supplies power to d National Grid, faaaa?? I just want to be clear on d above.... Abeg, tell me more; am all earz...
did I say that it was built by Tinubu? I Suggest you go back nd read what I wrote that you just quoted. You can read Yes it is 271MW plant powered by gas supplying the National grid. If it is operating at full capacity.
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Cud you be kind enuf to tell us the name and location of this 217MW Plant that d LASG built and that is presently supplying power to d national grid, plz?? You may use @eko ile, @plaindealer, @agbameta, etc, to answer... Thnks you mush
It is located in Egbin Lagos State At the Same Site as NEPA> It was built by Enron in Collaboration with Tinubu but it is now known as AES Barge

taharqa: Bros, Sorry. I don't undastad anytin bout you just wrote above. Could you plz expantiate on it; actuali, REALI expantiate on it. Thnks

Please check your Dictionary there is no word like " EXPANTIATE" practise spelling word correctly
Nairaland / General / Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by 0monnakoda: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
To have pity and compassion for Eboes
Politics / Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Eni ko dun mo ko lo binu ku

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.