Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,650 members, 7,955,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

1stdami's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1stdami's Profile / 1stdami's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 19 pages)

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16
Hi everyone, I have got a question.

My school resumes today 16th of September, I got my CAS today. Is it okay to still apply for my visa even with these dates so close? My school start teaching on the 23rd of September. I plan on applying for the priority visa and doing a walk-in appointment. How realistic is this?

Looking forward to your responses
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 1stdami(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16
Hi everyone, I have got a question.

My school resumes today 16th of September, I got my CAS today. Is it okay to still apply for my visa even with these dates so close? My school start teaching on the 23rd of September. I plan on applying for the priority visa and doing a walk-in appointment. How realistic is this?

Looking forward to your responses
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a hotel / guest house that is affordable and close to Lagos airport please. I need to travel down there for an early morning flight.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2023
Has anyone travelled from nigeria to London recently. Is 3 hours before departure enough time to arrive at the lagos airport?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Anyone have experience with UKVI student visa interviews. My interview has been rescheduled for up to 4 times now. The last time, the interviewer didn’t show up.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
What’s with UKVI scheduling interviews and not attending them. Everyday I wake up, I pray Nigeria get better so we wouldn’t have to go through this. It’s really frustrating.

As if UK is not one big depressing country kmt

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2023
Usohe:

Hello, Did you get a confirmation mail after you replied to accept the interview? See attachment. I’m going to Roehampton University too, school resumes 18th September and I’m yet to get my visa though I did bio since Aug 22. I was also invited for an interview on the 4th of September and I attended the interview via teams the next day. I had to wait online for about 30mins before the interviewer showed up, she apologized for coming up late and said she was assigned to interview so many persons that day. I think these people are overwhelmed with numerous applications.

I sent you an email. Kindly respond. Thanks
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Dont' know what the other guy is saying but you definitely need a transit visa since brexit if you're coming to the UK through the EU.

I think the exception is if you have a return ticket, I am not too sure about that. Best to check with the airline.

HEADYWORLD:

Ok, maybe I was misinformed, but I booked airy France and Klm last week and I was told I need a transit visa. Thank God I was able to get refund within 24 hours of booking.

I was told this started because of brexit, when last did you fly with them to UK?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Phina1009:

Thanks.
Yea, I sent an email to the school this afternoon as well.
I will just wait and hope for the best.

I am going to University of Roehampton.

Good luck with it.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Phina1009:

Yes, I sent an email confirming the interview. I have also sent a follow up email regarding no one attending the interview.
I am just a bit worried as school resumes 25th of September and I am wondering if I can get a new interview date plus hopefully visa before then.

I don’t think there’s much you can do. You did a paid phone call and email already. I will say just wait and see. Contact your school and let them know about this delay. What school are you going to btw ?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
I know someone in this same situation, she hasn't attended the interview though.

I will advice maybe you do a paid phone call to UKVI and let them know you joined but no one turned up.

Phina1009:

Yes, I sent an email confirming the interview. I have also sent a follow up email regarding no one attending the interview.
I am just a bit worried as school resumes 25th of September and I am wondering if I can get a new interview date plus hopefully visa before then.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
You said you got an email for Home office interview. Did you send a reply confirming the interview to the email address in the interview email? I think you should be able to reply the email also and let them know you turn up but no one joined the call.

Phina1009:
Hello All,

Please I need clarification on what to do next. I applied for student UK visa.
I got an email yesterday that I have an interview scheduled for today 9 a.m via Teams.
I attended the interview and no on joined the interview for over 2 hours.
I made a paid call and was told my application is still awaiting decision and an escalation has been done regarding my interview.

Has anyone ever experienced this?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2023
Davvymavvy:

Please, how much would they deduct from my account if I do a paid call that last for 5mins?

I paid 5 pounds so maybe around 6k naira for about that number of mins.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
I had my biometrics on August 24th (VI) Paid for priority

Status moved to DMC on the 25th it's been in DMC since then till today 13 September.

Is priority visa taking this long for anyone also?

I contacted my bank already, they already ready replied to UKVI.

I call UKVI yesterday also they said to wait for another 15 working days.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2023
jay123000:

Exactly ..... I guess it's two stop over..enroute one of the Schengen country...Cos I just sent a mail to wakanow customer service now and the response is no transit viaa required

Turkey doesn't require transit visa. Her story is not clear

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hi guys, can i move my money out of my account if UKVI already contact my bank but my application progress is still in DMC . I did my biometrics on 24th August.
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 1stdami(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
all my friends in my set and I got my our PSW in 24 hours when we applied September 2021, things might have changed now I do not have updated information.

i
Goddys:

This is not true. PSW takes average of 6 weeks decision time. Haven't heard of anyone who applied and got decision in a week not to talk of 24 hrs
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
Olasco001:
Good afternoon, plz Help My Application moved to Transfer to Vac this morning, No NSF no Mail , pls hope it’s good sign Abeg

Congrats

when did you do your biometrics and where?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 1stdami(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
2rucool:
Initiate with Gtb they are not too bad although it might be up to 2months before it gets to your turn,also remember to get in touch with your account officer in order to submit your documents for you to be placed on queue or visit the nearest Gtb branch with your hard copies. But those other two banks may be from 3months upward.
However,if you can open an account with ecobank they are the best for now.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 1stdami(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Guys please what bank is reliable to process Form A in a reasonable time frame? My admission is for September but I will like to pay my deposit now.

I currently have accounts with GTbank, ACCESS and FirstBank.
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Covid has ended... no restriction worldwide

You don't need to do anything

Thank you �

Cheers to the end of covid �

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Hi everyone, has anyone travelled to Nigeria from the UK recently. What travel requirements does Nigeria need related to vaccine and things like that ?
Travel / Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
Travel / Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

This information really helped alot.

Thank you

I don’t know if I’m slow or something but I don’t understand what he said about one way ticket and return. If you don’t mind can you explain ? Or I can send you a message request. Thanks

1 Like

Travel / Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stdami(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello guys, Can someone on a tourist visa travel to the Uk from Nigeria using EgyptAir or travel back to Nigeria from the Uk?
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello guys, Can someone on a tourist visa travel to the Uk from Nigeria using EgyptAir or travel back to Nigeria from the Uk?
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pogracious:
Hello my people,
Please who can recommend an health travel insurance for me as I want to travel to Sweden.Which one can I use or buy from the UK here.
Any suggestions is welcomed for those that have got one when they visited the schegen state.

Thank you

Can we connect please I am travelling to Sweden soon also.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hello everyone, is anyone aware of any Schengen country with interview dates available for September? I really need a vacation.
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stdami(m): 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
I did my biometrics on 24th also. Please when did you get a response and did you have to send an email to them before it came through? Thanks

Adetoku3:

Yes
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stdami(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
I did my biometrics on June 24th also. I haven't heard anything yet. I am thinking of sending a paid email to them.

Adetoku3:

Reply the mail you got and ask if a decision has been made on your application. I’m also June 24th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 19 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.