Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

247frolic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247frolic's Profile / 247frolic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (of 31 pages)

Politics / Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria by 247frolic(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2016
Congratulations to a young gallant Police officer Abba Kyari. He is the youngest ACP in Nigeria at 41yrs old. He was promoted to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police on 16th December, 2016 by the Nigerian Police Force. Arewa celebrate you. All Ordinary Nigerians celebrate you.

The world will In Sha Allah celebrate you. You will achieve much more than you have achieved. Congratulations great man.

Below is what he shared :

Glory be to Almighty GOD and My Sincere Appreciation To IGP Ibrahim Idris, The Police Service commission, My Family, Friends and Well Wishers. I have been Promoted to the Prestigious Rank of Assistant Commissioner of police based on IGP’s Recommendation for Gallantry, Exceptional and Superlative Performance. At 41yrs am the Youngest Assistant Commissioner of police in Nigeria Today. Please Join me to Celebrate this Great Moment.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-abbah-kyari-becomes-youngest.html

10 Likes

Food / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by 247frolic(m): 8:39am On Dec 30, 2016
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has released its findings on a test conducted on the much talked-about plastic rice.

The acting Director-General of the agency, Yetunde Oni, made public the findings at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

Below are 5 key of her points:

1. Mrs Oni said that though the rice was found not to be plastic, contrary to media reports, it was still “unwholesome for human consumption”.

2. Mrs. said that the rice failed NAFDAC integrity test which thus ruled it out for human consumption.

3. She noted that ‘based on the laboratory result, the product is not plastic but rice contaminated with microorganisms above permissible limit.”

4. She said the consignment would be destroyed once handed over by the Nigeria Customs Service.

5. It was also revealed that several metric tons of expired and dangerous rice are still lying in wait at warehouses in neighboring countries with Nigeria as their target markets.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/5-things-we-discovered-in-latest.html

cc lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Army Displays Shekau's Flag & Qu'ran Recovered By Troops In Sambisa by 247frolic(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2016
The Nigerian army during their recent raid in Sambisa forest recovered the Qu'ran and Boko Haram flag purportedly left behind by Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the terrorist group.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-army-displays-shekaus-flag-quran.html

1 Like

Romance / Why Nigerians Steal South African Women- South African Businessman by 247frolic(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
South African businessman and Patriotic Alliance leader, Gayton McKenzie has adviced young South African men work towards making more money so their women can no longer abandon them for Nigerian men.

Promoting his soon-to-be released book Hustlers Bible 2, McKenzie said, "South African men should forget about the scare tactic of lying about drugs regarding Nigerians, our ladies discovered it’s a blanket lie. Nigerian men know how to treat women; spending money on them instead of writing poems, according to him.

"Nigerian ni**as ain’t got time for poems, they give your girl cash and a good time. Poems don’t buy louboutins," he said.

"A relationship cannot last without gifts, this is not the Stone Age."

"You want a girl that has a Prada bag but you have an Edgars account, don’t go look for trouble homie. Broke ni**as ain’t got no right to say ‘girls are not loyal’. loyalty to poverty you mean."

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/why-nigerians-steal-south-african-women.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Politics / President Buhari To Visit Bauchi State On December 29 by 247frolic(m): 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
President Buhari will tomorrow Thursday December 29th pay a one-day working visit to Bauchi state.

During his visit, President Buhari will commission the Nigerian Air Force Hospital as well as some projects executed by the State Government. The state governor, Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar has declared tomorrow as work free day to allow civil servants welcome President Buhari to Bauchi.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/president-buhari-to-visit-bauchi-state.html

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Politics / ''southern Kaduna Has Become A Slaughter House And A Cemetery''- Shehu Sani by 247frolic(m): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Senator Shehu Sani, the lawmaker representing Kaduna central has decried the incessant killings in Southern Kaduna.

Speaking at Senator Danjuma La’ah’s resident in Tum, Kaura local government area of Kaduna State, Senator Sani said, “It is unfortunate that Southern Kaduna has become a slaughter house and a cemetery.''

“Southern Kaduna killings are a reality in Nigeria and Northern Part of this country in particular of what has been happening for years. It is very clear the government is unable to protect lives and properties of its citizens.”

“The way out of this mess is the need for security presence in all the villages and towns in Southern Kaduna. There is also need for civilians JTF where the communities will fully involve fund and support to protect their own Communities.

“There is need for an immediate action to nip the activities of these herdsmen killing innocent people.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/southern-kaduna-has-become-slaughter.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / PHOTOS: 21 Freed Chibok Girls Return To Their Community For Christmas by 247frolic(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
21 Freed Chibok Girls Return To Their Community For Christmas

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-21-freed-chibok-girls-return-to.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Politics / Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by 247frolic(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nigerians in Laogs state are warming up to buying a bag of Lake rice for N12,000 despite the trouble associated with getting it.

Early reviews suggest Lagosians love the initiative and the product. A 50kg bag of imported rice costs 17,000 to 22,000 on the market.

According to Mr. Kehinde Ibiora: “I bought a bag of rice. The initiative is indeed good. However, the crowd is huge. Controlling the crowd is equally tasking. People say the rice is delicious and of high quality.”

Mr. Kehinde Alanran: “[It] saves cost and avoids buying adulterated rice, which have dominated our markets astronomic rise in the price of rice. We thank the state government for this initiative. We hope more will be made available and the process of purchasing easier. With the issue of plastic rice flooding the market, this is a safer option because we can trust the source “- Mr. Kehinde Alanran

Mrs. Funmi Alebiousu: “It [has] helped the masses to save about N10,000 at this time of national crisis. I will like to tell Lagos residents. I did not believe when I heard about this initiative. After I made payment, I came here and pick a bag of rice I paid for. The crowd is much, but the initiative is real.”

Mrs. Aminatu Alabi: “I got here this morning. I was told I could pay through the POS. I did immediately. The process was free and fair. And the state officials are not particular about whether you work with Lagos State Government or you belong to any tribe. As long as you live, you are entitled to buy a bag. “I was allowed to buy only one bag. I purchased a 50-kg bag of rice at the N12,000. And there is no additional charge. The government officials only told us to queue. When it is your turn, you will be asked to pay and take away your rice. It is as simple process”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/lagosians-profess-love-for-lake-rice.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Politics / PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by 247frolic(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode was at the third edition of Olamide Live In Concert, Eko Convention Centre, Eko Hotels and suites. #OLIC3.

Maybe truly, like Olamide said, He was adopted by the Governor... lols

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photo-governor-ambode-at-olic3.html

cc lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Culture / PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano Cradles His New Grandchild by 247frolic(m): 6:13am On Dec 26, 2016
Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi Lamido's grandchild was born on Friday, December 23, same day he gave out his daughter Princess Fulani Sidikka out in marriage.

Princess Shaheeda and her husband Abdulkadir Baba-Ahmed welcomed their first child, a daughter almost a year after their grand wedding. Congrats to the couple.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-emir-of-kano-cradles-his-new.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Travel / Uber Driver Loses Control, Crashes Into A Living Room In Kenya (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
An accident said to have happened in Banana estate, Kiambu county, Kenya has surprised many.

An Uber driver reportedly lost control of his Mazda vehicle and veered off the drive way before crashing into a residential house.

From the pictures, the wall seems to have been the biggest casualty of the day since it is NOT known whether anyone was injured in the unfortunate event.

SEE PHOTOS:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-uber-driver-loses-control.html

Crime / I Had Sex With Many Dogs For Money – Lagos Girl by 247frolic(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
The story was shared by relationship adviser, Joro Olumofin of the seemingly young lady who recounted to him, her rare sexual experience with an Alsatian dog as organised by some white men for a huge amount of money.

On his Instagram page @joroolumofin, the psychologist said the unnamed lady, who is an orphan and poverty-stricken, signed up for the odd sex for financial benefits.

The incident took place in Victoria Island, Lagos with foreigners in charge.

The sex with Alsatian dogs, according to the 26-year-old lady, was explosive and ever since, she has been lusting after dogs.

She added that a white powder was put in the dog’s nose for ‘agility.’

She reportedly took to the ‘ill act’ after some of her mates in the University introduced her to the business to make money and earn a living since she was “swimming” in poverty.

See post:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/i-had-sex-with-many-dogs-for-money.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Man Accuses Atiku Of Being 'anti-buhari' And Not Fecilitating With The President by 247frolic(m): 6:27am On Dec 22, 2016
On December 19th, former vice president Atiku Abubakar fecilitated with the Senate President on his birthday. A Twitter user, Muhammad Lawal immediately lashed out, accusing him of being 'anti-Buhari' and not doing same to the President on his birthday. The overzealous man was put in his place by Paul Ibe, spokesperson and head of Atiku Media Office.

Read the tweets after the cut...

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/man-accuses-atiku-of-being-anti-buhari.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / PHOTOS: Infrastructural Development Will Be Sustained In 2017- Wike by 247frolic(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has stated that the infrastructural development programme of his administration will be sustained in 2017.

The governor said that the 2017 budget of the state will have 75percent of funds allocated for capital projects, while 25 percent of funds will be earmarked for recurrent expenditure.

The governor spoke on Wednesday when he formally received the nomination letter of the Sun Publishing Ltd, publishers of Sun Newspapers as the "Sun Governor of the Year 2016".

He said: "We will present our 2017 budget very soon and you will see that 75 percent is dedicated to capital expenditure with only about 25 percent dedicated to recurrent expenditure.

"With whatever time we have, we will continue to put in our best. We will not disappoint Sun Newspaper for the choice you have made ".

The governor explained that his administration had to focus on infrastructural development because it inherited a completely dilapidated infrastructural base.

He said: "This award is not for me, it is for the entire state. If the State did not give me the opportunity and mandate, it would have been difficult for me to be given the 'Sun Governor of the Year 2016.'

"So I dedicate the award to the Almighty God and the people of the state. I assure you that for us, it is our duty to make a difference".

Earlier, the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of Sun Publishing Ltd, Mr Eric Osagie said the Sun Board of Editors voted for Governor Wike to emerge the 2016 Governor of the Year because of his outstanding achievements in infrastructure, education, health, agriculture, rural development and security.

He said that the award would be formally conferred on the governor on February 18 , 2016.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
21st December, 2016

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-infrastructural-development-will.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / PHOTOS: Bauchi State First Lady Distributes Items To Christian Groups by 247frolic(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
PHOTOS: Bauchi State First Lady Distributes Items To Christian Groups In The State

Mrs Hadiza MA, The Wife Of The Bauchi state Governor, Today flagged off the distribution of food items to Christian women groups as part of Government's support for the yuletide season.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-bauchi-state-first-lady.html

cc lalasticlala

Religion / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop by 247frolic(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigeria-born Woyin Karowei Dorgu has been announced as the 13th bishop of Woolwich and will be consecrated in March, 2017.

Dorgu, is the the Church of England’s first black bishop for 20 years.

A statement from England’s Prime Minister Office said that The Queen approved the nomination of Dorgu to succeed the Right Reverend Michael Geoffrey Ipgrave.

Fifty eight-year-old Dorgu was born and brought up in Nigeria, where he trained as a doctor.

He studied at the London Bible College for his BA, and studied for his ordination at Oak Hill Theological College from 1993 to 1995 and also holds an MA in missiology.

He is married to Mosun, a consultant child psychiatrist.

Dorgu told the Guardian UK his appointment was “a small step in the right direction”, adding: “Quite a lot of Nigerian Christians [in the Woolwich area] are from an Anglican background.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photo-church-of-england-appoints.html

4 Likes

Health / Lassa Fever Resurfaces In Abeokuta; One Person Dead Already by 247frolic(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2016

The Federal Medical Centre (FMC) AbeokutaTuesday confirmed the death of a Nursing staff to Lassa fever, while two others have been placed observation.

The victim reportedly died last week after battling with the sickness, which is also known as Lassa hemorrhagic fever (LHF).

The hospital Head of Information, Segun Orisajo confirmed the development to our Correspondent, but assured that the management has put up necessary measures to curtail the situation.

He said the victim, identified as Adebusuyi Bolanle died from complications which arose from contacting the fever.

"Yes, I can confirmed that we lost a staff Nurse to the Lassa fever and two others are undergoing observation as I speak with you. The immediate families of the deceased have been contacted and they were here today (Tuesday) for observation.

"The state commissioner for health, Dr. Babatunde Ipaye has been here too to carry out the necessary steps to stop the spread. The management can assure staff and patients that everything is under checks," Orisajo said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/health/lassa-fever-hits-abeokuta-1-dead-2-placed-under-surveillance/176895.html#77QAHs7WphCxrRd2.99
Celebrities / Shina Peters And Lagbaja Pictured With Bola Tinubu by 247frolic(m): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
At a special evening of music and camaraderie to usher in the Yuletide season at the Lagos House, Ikeja.

Lagbaja and Sir Shina Peters were pictured with the Jagaban Himself, Bola Tinubu..

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/sir-shina-peters-and-lagbaja-pictured.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / 7 Controversial Issues That Nailed Magu In DSS Report by 247frolic(m): 8:24am On Dec 16, 2016
The Senate yesterday refused to confirm Ibrahim Magu as substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, upon a security report by the Department of State Services, DSS.

In a 14 paragraph DSS report the Acting EFCC Chair was nailed with several allegations.

Below are some of them:

1. In August 2008, following a search at his residence during the tenure of Farida Waziri, AIG, retd, as a Commissioner, some sensitive EFCC documents which were not supposed to be at his disposal were with him.

2. In December 2010, the Police Service Commission found Magu guilty of action prejudicial to State Security, withholding of EFCC files, sabotage, unauthorized removal of EFCC files, and acts unbecoming of a Police officer and awarded him severe reprimand as punishment.

3. Magu is currently occupying a residence rented for N40 million at N20 million per annum. This accommodation was not paid for from the Commission’s finances.

4. Investigations show that Magu regularly embarks on official and private trips through a private carrier, EasyJet, In one of such trips, Magu flew to Maiduguri alongside the Managing Director of a bank, who was being investigated by the Commission over complicity in funds allegedly stolen by the immediate past Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

5. The EFCC boss so far maintained a hog pigs profile life style. This is exemplified by his preference for first class air travel. On June 24, 2916, he flew Emirates Airlines first class to Saudi Arabia to perform the less Hajj at the cost of N2,990,196.00. This is in spite of Mr. President’s directives to all public servants to fly economic class.

6. According to the report, Magu uses solely his Police cronies to execute operations and cover his tracks.

7. Such Police cronies have acquired a lot of landed property lends credence to the questions about his integrity, the report noted.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/7-controversial-issues-that-nailed-magu.html

cc lalasticlala
Sports / I Want Super Eagles Jersey Colours Changed - Rohr by 247frolic(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2016
uper Eagles of Nigeria, Coach, Gernot Rohr has expressed his views on the design of the Super Eagles 2017 jersey.

Rohr was with chiefs of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in London where the jersey was shown to him, and he pointed some certain areas he wants the manufactures to address.

He was particular about the colours in some areas of the jersey which according to him makes it hard to properly see some of the players.

“Am satisfied with the jersey, they did a good job,very professional I must say but there are some areas I told them I want them to address”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com from London.

Nike were asked by the Franco German coach to make the jersey light green, so as to ensure proper visibility of the players, and to also make the texture a bit light due to the heat in Africa.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/i-want-super-eagles-jersey-colours.html

cc lalasticlala

12 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / PHOTOS Of Zahra Buhari's Bridal Shower Held At Presidential Villa by 247frolic(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2016
Daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra had her bridal shower at the Banquet Hall, Presidential villa in Abuja yesterday night.

She will be getting married to Ahmed Indimi, on December 16th at the National Mosque Abuja.

See photos below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-of-zahra-buharis-bridal-shower.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / National Assembly Shut Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by 247frolic(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2016
The complex of the National Assembly On Wednesday shut by security operatives as the three entry gates to the legislative chamber becomes an Herculean task for members of staff.

This is coming as a result of President Muhammadu Buhari’s anticipated visit to the National Assembly to present the estimates of the 2017 budget to senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Members of staff have been denied access and all other organisations rendering services within the complex have been shut out.

Meanwhile, Nigeria national female football team, Super Falcons is currently staging a protest at the National Assembly Abuja over unpaid allowances.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/national-assembly-shut-ahead-of-buharis.html

cc lalasticlala
Phones / Nigerian Senate Gives NCC Approval To Increase Data Price by 247frolic(m): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2016
The Senate Committee on Communications on Tuesday gave nod to the proposed data price hike by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

The Committee, which visited the NCC headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday as part of it oversight functions, said Nigerians should see the commission as being on their side on the issue of data price increase.

Senator Solomon Olamilekan (Lagos West) who spoke on behalf of the Committee members said the NCC had taken some commendable steps to sanitize the telecom industry and the data price hike was one of them.

He said “Each time we invited the leadership of the agency to the National Assembly, they honoured our invitation and responded to our inquiries, particularly during the MTN issue, and of recent the data price floor. They have acted in national interests and Nigerians see NCC as being on their side.”

While receiving members of the Committee, the Commission’s Executive Vice Chairman, Professor Danbatta, said unless the issues regarding the data price floor are resolved, it remains a whirlwind that would not do anybody any good.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/nigerian-senate-gives-ncc-approval-to.html

cc lalasticlala
Education / Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2016

Education / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Two Nigerians, Amate Mohamed Amate, 26, and Emine-Imoh Daniel, 23, both students at the Curtin University Malaysia, died after they drowned following a boat mishap yesterday.

The bodies of the Nigerians were reported missing when their boat, carrying seven people, capsized while on a research trip.

The surviving five, three students and the boat operator and a tour guide, managed to swim to safety.

According to the Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department Director, Nor Hisham Mohammad, the body of Amate Mohamed Amate, was found about 50m from where the boat had capsized at 12.45pm while that of Emine-Imoh Daniel, was found about 30m from where the boat had capsized at 5.15pm.

Their bodies have been deposited at the Miri Hospital for post-mortem.

See photo below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-two-nigerian-students-drown-in.html

1 Share

Politics / Buhari, Mahama, Liberian President, Sirleaf Arrive Gambia To See Yahya Jammeh by 247frolic(m): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, his counterparts from Ghana and Liberia, John Mahama and President Sirleaf Johnson have arrived Banjul to persuade Yahya Jammeh to respect election result.

After initially accepting defeat, at the end of last week he claimed he no longer accepted the result and asked for a new poll run by a "Godfearing" electoral commission.

President elect Adama Barrow has welcomed plans for the leaders to visit and is reportedly going to meet them too.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photo-buhari-mahama-liberian-president.html

cc lalasticlala

Celebrities / King Sunny Ade's Guitar Auctioned For N52m by 247frolic(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2016
It was an historic moment last Saturday when the old guitar of Juju musician, Sunday Adeniyi Adegeye was auctioned for N52.1 million at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos.

King Sunny Ade termed the guitar as his ‘baby,’ saying it is very dear to him.

The auction was part of his 70th birthday ceremony.

The famous guitar, which had received anonymous bids before its eventual auction, was masterfully painted by the award-winning artist Victor Ehikhamenor,

Although the lucky buyer of the guitar, which was said to have been auctioned by Dr. Jogun Onabanjo is yet to be revealed, it was further gathered that the guitar was initially tossed for N9 million before it was closed for N52.1 million.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/king-sunny-ades-guitar-auctioned-for.html

cc lalasticlala
Politics / 2019: Sen. Ben Bruce Declares War Against Buhari by 247frolic(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2016
Senator Ben Murray Bruce of Bayelsa State has announced that he would fight President Muhammadu Buhari come 2019. For the moment though, he'll fold his hands, he says.

He was speaking in an interview with Peace Hyde.

“Buhari is the president today; he is my president. I must respect him regardless of what I feel.

“In 2019 we can fight but right now I want the economy to grow. If I take the position that I want to destroy APC and destroy Nigeria, will there be any Nigeria for me to fix in 2019?

“So it’s a dumb move to try to destroy your president or somebody you hate and destroy your country in the process. I’ll fight Buhari in 2019 but today he is my president; I will support him.” he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/2019-sen-ben-bruce-declares-war-against.html

cc lalasticlala

14 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Crash Panic Hits Mavrodians, As MMM Nigeria Freezes All Members' Money by 247frolic(m): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2016
Panic and and probable loss of confidence on MMM Nigeria by members of the Ponzi scheme over a freeze on all money in the system.

The shocker came early Tuesday morning as a the system placed suspension of members' cash till next year.

According to the statement, the Ponzi Scheme administrator said the reason for the Pause mood is to avoid risk at this festive season

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/breaking-news-mmm-nigeria-freezes-all.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Madagli Blast: Gov Bindow To Ban Hijabs In Adamawa State by 247frolic(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
Governor Muhammadu Bindow is considering placing a ban on the use of hijabs in Adamawa state after two female suicide bombers attacked Madagli market, killing scores.

The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mallam Ahmad Sajoh, said it's part of the measures to curb suicide bomb attacks in the state during the yuletide season.

He said Governor Muhammadu Bindow would meet with members of Adamawa Muslim Council and other stakeholders to discuss the possibility of taking that temporary measure, adding that those that carried out the Madagali suicide attack were in hijab.

The state government would also assist members of vigilance groups in the areas in view of their contribution to security agencies, he added.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/gov-bindow-to-ban-hijabs-in-adamawa.html

cc lalasticlala
Politics / Church Tragedy: Governor Udom Declares Sunday, Monday Days Of Mourning by 247frolic(m): 6:39am On Dec 11, 2016
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has declared today Sunday and tomorrow Monday as days of mourning across the state.

The governor made this declaration to mourn the dead and those injured in the Reighers Bible Church building collapse.

According to Channels TV, the Church building collapsed on Saturday while a church service which had the governor in attendance was going on.

See his tweet below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/church-tragedy-governor-udom-declares.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Eat Plantain Instead- Aregbesola Tells Nigerians To Stop Eating Rice by 247frolic(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
In a bid to alleviate the current harsh economic situation, Osun state governor, Rauf Aregbesola has urged Nigerians to start eating plantain in the stead of rice, which is expensive.

He said Nigerians need to patronize local produce, especially those agricultural ones, to boost the country’s export profile and make the naira strengthen against the dollar.

“Plantain is even healthier and more nutritious than rice. It is edible in different versions. Why must we keep on pursuing rice? Why can’t we develop plantain and promote it internationally?” Aregbesola asked.

He added: “The Chinese have realised that the energy required to produce a kilogram of rice is more than the energy that goes into the production of a kilogram of other carbohydrates.

“So, why must we insist on rice as if there are no options?”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/eat-plantain-instead-aregbesola-tells.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (of 31 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.