Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

247frolic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247frolic's Profile / 247frolic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 31 pages)

Politics / 5 Reasons Why FG Is Launching Buhari's Mobile App by 247frolic(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has hinted that a mobile app will be launched soon, which will contain the achievements and informatrion as regards President Muhammadu Buhari in real time.

The minister said this on Thursday in Abuja at a meeting with Resident Information Officers (RIOs) in the ministry on the forthcoming launch of an information dissemination App.

Here are the reasons why the Federal government is proposing Mobile App:

- The Federal Government activities are under reported because its information handlers are not using the right and current communication channels.

- newspapers and the television stations cannot cover Presidential activities alone as the major means of information dissemination.

- The minister said the new app to be launched before the end of the month would bridge the gap by using the social media to “tell the world what the government is doing’’.

- Veronica Adeyemo, the Director Information Technology in the ministry, said the information apps would go on hand held devices and it would be functional every minute of the day all year round.

- the project consultant, Falope Olawale, said the app would help to correct many falsehood and unbalanced stories about the country in local and foreign media.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/5-reasons-why-fg-is-launching-buharis.html

cc lalasticlala
Sports / Re: His Brain Is Empty As His Beret – Nigerians Blast Dalung Over Falcons Comment by 247frolic(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2016

Sports / His Brain Is Empty As His Beret – Nigerians Blast Dalung Over Falcons Comment by 247frolic(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2016
Nigerians have reacted aggressively to comments credited to Minister of Sports Solomon Dalung on the Nigeria’s female national football team.

Dalung told State House correspondents that had the government been confident that the team would win the trophy, the process of paying their entitlements would have been planned.

"Don't forget that nobody even knew the team would emerge victorious. If we were confident they would emerge victorious, all the federation would have done is to plan for process of participation and entitlement. And when they win, it's already established in sports tradition that when you win, this is what you're entitled to.

Nigerians have however lent their voices to the comment. See reactions below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/his-brain-is-empty-as-his-beret.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / FG To Launch Buhari Mobile App by 247frolic(m): 7:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria's Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has stated that the accomplishments of the Muhammadu Buhari regime are under-reported.

As a result, the federal government will launch a mobile app that will give a real time update about the achievements of the government, he said.

He spoke on Thursday at a meeting with Resident Information Officers (RIOs) in the ministry on the forthcoming launch of the information dissemination App.

"..government is doing so much, yet people keep saying they do not know because we are not communicating through the right channel," he said.

The minister said the new app to be launched before the end of the month would bridge the gap by using the social media to “tell the world what the government is doing’’

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/federal-government-announces-plan-to.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/-6TcFa5aIIGk/VRPZNPMFXZI/AAAAAAAAdzw/P5Q8OQmzs4Y/s1600/Buahri.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / President Buhari To Leave Nigeria For Senegal On Monday by 247frolic(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari will leave Nigeria for Senegal on Monday to attend the Third Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa in Dakar.

The theme of the Forum, which will hold for two days is, “Africa and its Security Challenges: Perspectives for Effective Solutions’’.

The Forum, convened by President Macky Sall of Senegal with support from the African Union to discuss security-related challenges on the continent, will be attended by African leaders and representatives of regional and international organisations.

President Buhari is scheduled to participate in the Panel of Heads of State on Tuesday, December 6.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/president-buhari-to-leave-nigeria-for.html

cc lalasticlala
Education / University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by 247frolic(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
An Unidentified Nigerian University dump hundreds of final year students thesis/project in the trash.

According to a facebook user who shared the story, Dr raphael James Wrote:

In your final year in the university it is compulsory you write a 'final year project' which is a test of your ability to do research. You are to formulate hypothesis, review related literatures, sometimes you do interviews, surveys and other research techniques, which may include both present and historical information. The result of your research work can be used for further research works either to support it or to disagree with it. Most university undergraduates today, don't even bother to do a proper research work , they copy from old projects and change the identity of the owners. That is by the way. Look at this photo, posted by Franklin Okechukwu Onwubiko. For a university, an academic institution to throw away the project findings of her finale year students, this is the end of education in Nigeria. Why go to school, why do research if it will not be used to benefit the society? I am appealing pls any university that wants to throw away things like this should donate it to CRIMMD Library, we will be glad to keep the rubbish.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-university-dumps-hundreds-of.html

2 Likes

Family / Zimbabwean Woman Living With 2 Husbands (Photo) by 247frolic(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2016
How We Plan Sex Routine – Woman Living With 2 Husbands Makes Unbelievable Revelations

A polyandrous Zimbabwean woman, Jack Chako, has given details on how her relationship with her two husbands has progressed, and how she enjoys sexual intimacy with them.

ZimPapers reports that the 30-year-old woman claims that her life is a bed of roses.

On how she gets maximum sexual satisfaction ‘as claimed’ from her husbands – Michael Hwita and Lifford Chimoto, Chako said, “We are a happy family, I live with my two husbands and we love one another.

“My two husbands are best friends and they are always together.

“Chimoto is the elder husband, while Hwita is the junior.

“I married the second Hwita because Chimoto is elderly and increasingly becoming weak in bed.

“They both have different roles and I love them both.

“They have different strengths. Chimoto fetches a lot of firewood and cleans up the house well but he is weak in bed and weak when it comes to fending for the family.

“The reason why I married a second husband is that Chimoto was starving me sexually.

“Hwita is also technically minded. He repairs a lot of broken goods, including cell phones and cobbles shoes too, making him bring some cash home. His biggest strength is he is excellent and strong in bed.

“To be honest, in terms of conjugal rights I favour Hwita. He gets me there.

“I only do it with Chimoto as a token. At times, I feel pity for Chimoto and give him token conjugal rights and he appreciates that.

“The rule is no one gets out of the room, because he is not on duty. Whoever is not on duty, just watches us at it.

“I am in charge and my two husbands are now used to sleeping side by side in one bed; because they don’t mind and they both appreciate each other for the different roles each play to the family,” the mother of five, three children from a previous marriage and two from this polyandrous affair stated.

Speaking further, she said, “I use some concoction to pacify my husbands. It is not a secret that I used a concoction to cow them down. I also sell this concoction to other women to cow down their errand husbands and make them compliant.

“None of my two husbands wishes to leave me. Initially I only had Chimoto but I ran away from him and went to my parents’ home because he was not satisfying me sexually and I was tired of stealing sex from neighbouring boys and men. But he followed and pleaded until my parents ordered me to take him back.

“I then gave him a condition that I should get another man to help him in bed and he agreed. This is how I got the second one. Since then, we live happily and enjoy our life, although we know that the generality of people around us do not like it,” Chako explained.

The husbands, Hwita and Chimoto, on their parts, said they don’t have problems taking Chako says their joint wife.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/how-we-plan-sex-routine-woman-living.html

cc lalasticlala
Chimoto said, “I know my failings and I appreciate the decision which was taken, we have various duties and life goes on.”

Hwita said, “I see no problem. She loves both of us and we understand our situation.

“I respect Chimoto as the elder husband because I found him here.”

5 Likes 3 Shares

Romance / Re: Nigerian Women Share Sad Tales Of Sexual Harassment In Public Places by 247frolic(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2016

Romance / Nigerian Women Share Sad Tales Of Sexual Harassment In Public Places by 247frolic(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2016
Nigerian women on Twitter are sharing their experiences of sexual harassment in markets and other public places.

The stories started pouring in after a male twitter user @UPNEPA expressed disgust at butt-grabbing his friend had to endure at Yaba market in Lagos. He then tweeted :

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/nigerian-women-share-sad-tales-of.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Politics / Ondo Decides: Why I Missed Channels TV Governorship Debate - Rotimi Akeredolu by 247frolic(m): 6:06am On Nov 22, 2016
Following APC's Candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu's absence at the ongoing Gubernatorial debate in Akure, the Ondo state capital, his campaign organisation has stated reason for their action.

Letter Below:

The governorship election is slated for Saturday, November 26, 2016.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/ondo-decides-why-i-missed-channels-tv.html

1 Share

Politics / Breakdown Of What Each State Got From Federation Account In October by 247frolic(m): 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
The 36 states of the federation shared N111.8 billion in October, less than the N143.6 billion shared in September from the Federation Account by N31.8 billion.

The breakdown forms part of a report obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria from a source at the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation in Abuja on Sunday.

However, the 36 states got their due shares after all deductions were made.

Abia took N2.6 billlion,

Adamawa N2.5 billion,

Cross River N1.4 billion,

Ekiti N1.6 billion,

Edo N1.9 billion,

Kaduna State N3.4 billion,

Kano State N4.2 billion,

Lagos State N5.9 billion,

Rivers N7.6 billion,

Zamfara, N2 billion.

Delta N5.6 billion

Anambra N2.8 billion,

Benue N2.7 billion,

Borno N3.2 billion,

Ebonyi N2.4 billion,

Enugu State N2.6 billion,

Gombe State N2.03 billion,

Nassarawa State N2.3 billion,

Imo N2.3 billion

Kogi N2.7 billion.

Yobe got N2.7 billion,

Taraba N2.3 billion,

Sokoto State N2.9 billion,

Plateau N1.7 billion,

Oyo State N2.79 billion,

Osun N305 million,

Ondo State N3.3 billion,

Ogun N1.5 billion,

Niger N2.7 billion

Kebbi N2.73 billion.

Katsina State got N3.2 billion

Bayelsa N6.3 billion

Bauchi State N2.3 billion

Jigawa N3.1 billion

Akwa Ibom N8.7 billion

Kwara N2.2 billion.

The report also showed that the Federal Capital Territory had N3.9 billion from the Federal Government’s share of the distributable revenue in October.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/breakdown-of-what-each-state-got-from.html

cc lalasticlala
Politics / The 8 Bills Signed Into Law By Buhari by 247frolic(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday signed 8 bills into law.

The 8 bills signed into law include:

Telecommunication and Postal Offences Act (Amendment) Bill,
National Crop Varieties, Livestock Breeds (Registration) Act (Amendment) Bill,
Produce (Enforcement of Export Standards) Act (Amendment) Bill,
Prevention of Crimes Act (Amendment) Bill,
Water Resources Act (Amendment) Bill,
National Agricultural Land Development Authority Act (Amendment) Bill,
Bee (Import Control and Management) Act (Amendment) Bill
Agricultural and Rural Management Training Act (Amendment) Bill.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/list-of-8-bills-signed-into-law-by.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Ondo Election: APC Candidate, Akeredolu's Bread Is Poisonous - Jegede Alleges by 247frolic(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2016
The Eyitayo Campaign Organisation in Ondo state on Wednesday has alleged that the bread being shared by persons loyal to the All Progressives Congress APC governorship candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu SAN are poisonous.

A staunch supporter of Akeredolu in the state Dele Ologun has distributed 400 pieces of customized bread to members of the party in Akure Ward 1 in Akure North council area of the state.

A statement issued in Akure by the Eyitayo Jegede Campaign Organisation and signed by Mr. Kayode Fasua, the organisation said the bread is not good for consumption as it contained “potassium bromide which causes instant stomach rumbling.”

The statement reads in part: “Our attention has been drawn to the circulation of loaves of bread by agents of the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN).

“Though there is nothing bad in distributing bread more so that under the APC national administration, life has become unbearable for the common people, our major concern now is that the loaves of bread being distributed are killer loaves; they are contaminated.

“Microbiologists have moved in and found that the loaves of bread are poisonous. It was found that they contain potassium bromide, which the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) had long alerted Nigerians to avoid.”

The Eyitayo Jegede Campaign Organisation of the Peoples Democratic Party as such urged residents of the state to reject “the bread” and instead, advise Akeredolu to state how he is going to create wealth from “a party that has impoverished Nigerians.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/ondo-election-apc-candidate-akeredolus.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Lagos State Mourns Passage Of Foremost Industrialist, Rasheed Gbadamosi by 247frolic(m): 9:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday expressed great shock over the passage of foremost industrialist and economist, Chief Rasheed Gbadamosi.

Gbadamosi, a Co-chairman of the Lagos @ 50 Committee, died on Wednesday at the age of 72.

The Governor in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Habib Aruna, said he was truly saddened by the demise of the former Minister for National Planning, describing him as a true Lagosian, who was passionate and always willing to serve his state and fatherland.

“As a foundation member of the first Lagos State Executive Council after the creation of the state in 1967, he contributed immensely towards laying a very solid foundation for what is today the foremost state in the country and the nation’s unarguably Centre of Excellence. He also distinguished himself as a Federal Minister and PPPRA Chairman”.

“Chief Rasheed Gbadamosi was a sound economist, one of the best in his generation. His passion to serve his fatherland was never in doubt, so it was not surprising to me that he graciously accepted to serve as Co-Chairman of our Lagos @ 50 Committee and in the last few months, he was directly involved in the meetings and planning to ensure the success of the celebration.

“He was the youngest commissioner in Lagos State at 27, an industrialist and a very consistent financial expert. He was a proud son of Lagos state who had paid his dues over the decade. A financial guru and a public administrator per excellence, who would never shy away from letting people know that he was a thoroughbred Lagos boy, born in Ikorodu,” the Governor said.

Governor Ambode while commiserating with the family of the late economist and art enthusiast, urged them to take solace in the fact that he lived a fulfilled life and continued to render meritorious service to the State until his demise.

“On behalf of the government and people of Lagos State, I want to express our heartfelt condolence to the family of Chief Gbadamosi on this great and irreparable loss. He paid his dues and Lagosians will always remember him,” Governor Ambode said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/lagos-state-government-mourns-passage.html

cc lalasticlala
Investment / PHOTO: Man Seen Promoting MMM In A Banking Hall by 247frolic(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2016
Despite the warnings of the federal government and government financial institutions, several banks seem to have allowed MMM promoters into the banking hall to promoe the scheme.

Here is photo of a man in a branch Of Keystone bank promoting MMM

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photo-man-seen-promoting-mmm-in-banking.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Welcome Home Party Held For Oshiomhole At Iyamho by 247frolic(m): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2016
"Welcome Home" reception organised for Ex governor, Adams Oshiomhole after his 8yr service as Governor of Edo State, In Iyamho.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-welcome-home-party-held-for.html

Politics / 5 Strange Things In Nigeria's Political Scene Recently by 247frolic(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2016
We are not new to Drama in Nigeria's political scene. Some say Nigeria is like a movie series – that cannot be exhausted in a single watch, but a continuum with several unfolding of (weird and bizarre) actions. The past few weeks, months have witnessed several interesting but odd things in the nation's political scene. Some of which are:

Akara Spot in Edo: Stomach infrastructure started in 2014. The rice strategy of campaign efficiently used by Governor Ayodele Fayose to gain support of the people of Ekiti in the 2014 governorship election and later widely adopted in Nigeria seems to have faded away with a viable replacement. The replacement shot up in Edo state with the APC Akara Spot. The spot is a meeting point for party supporters to discuss election issues, watering the discussions down with balls of Akara.

Bread in Ondo: [/b]As if the Akara spot in Edo was not enough, the All Progressives Congress candidate, in the forthcoming Ondo governorship elections, Rotimi Akeredolu's photo was inscribed on the bread labels, perhaps to woo voters.

[b]
Construction of Mosques in Jigawa:
Jigawa state Governor, Abubakar Badaru is set to construct 90 mosques, with three mosques in each of the 30 constituencies of the state. How will construction of mosques better the lives of the people? What has the state got to do meddling in religious affairs?

Purchase of Coffins by Governor Masari: Reports that the governor of Katsina State, Aminu Bello Masari, spent the sum of N120 million to purchase 3,000 metal coffins at N40,000 each for Muslims in his state caused uproar two months ago. The coffins were reportedly shared to mosques in the same state where workers have not been paid by the governor. This was disclosed by a blogger,

Goat Empowerment in Katsina:
Governor Masari recently was a subject of controversy. In August, he distributed 720 high breed of goats worth N104 million to 240 women under its Women Empowerment Scheme. Each of the 240 women selected across the 34 local governments was given two female goats and one male goat. The animals, which were purchased in Niger Republic, were highly reproductive and good for breeding. ''The goats are also insured for one year and veterinary officers will be going round in all the local governments to provide medication to the animals if the need arises'', Alhaji Abdulkadir Nasir, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Empowerment said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/5-strange-things-in-nigerias-political.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Re: UK Embassy In Nigeria Host Remembrance Sunday Service In Honor Of Nigerian Heros by 247frolic(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2016

Politics / UK Embassy In Nigeria Host Remembrance Sunday Service In Honor Of Nigerian Heros by 247frolic(m): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
PHOTOS: UK Embassy In Nigeria Host Remembrance Sunday Service In Honor Of Nigerian Fallen Heroes

As part of activities to mark the Commonwealth Remembrance Sunday, the UK ambassador to Nigeria, Paul Arkwright, led other members of staff of the Embassy, to honor the Nigerian soldiers who have died during any conflict in Nigeria.

Remembrance Sunday is a day set aside to remember military officers that have died during the second world war and any other conflict. The ceremony held in Lagos. See more photos after the cut.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-uk-embassy-in-nigeria-host.html

2 Likes

Sports / Super Eagles Training Allowance Increased After Algeria Win by 247frolic(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2016
Training camp allowance for the Super Eagles has been increased, officials have disclosed to AfricanFootball.

The amount has been increased from N20,000 to N50,000. This means each player will be paid N350,000 for a week’s camping, ahead of the match against Algeria.

They are also expected to receive $5,000 per player, for the 2-1 victory over Zambia last month .

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, also promised to pay the team $10,000 for each goal they scored against the Desert Warriors at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo.

Nigeria took a big step in their quest to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, after they beat Algeria 3-1 at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

Victor Moses opened scoring in the first half, after the ball broke kindly to him inside the box. His Chelsea team-mate, John Mikel Obi, made it 2-0 before the break.

The Eagles captain had time and space inside the box after beating the offside trap, to coolly slot past the keeper.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/super-eagles-training-allowance.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo At Nigeria Stock Exchange In Lagos by 247frolic(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2016
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo was at the Nigeria Stock Exchange in Lagos, yesterday, for an interactive session with Capital Market Stakeholders.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-vp-osinbajo-at-nigeria-stock.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / Tinubu's Loyalists Stage Solidarity Walk In Lagos by 247frolic(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2016
A group called, ‘I Stand with Bola Tinubu’, is currently staging a solidarity walk for a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is allegedly being sidelined by some other chieftains of the party.

See photos below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-tinubu-loyalists-stage.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Woman Collapses And Dies During Deliverance Time In Church by 247frolic(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2016
Forty six year-old Pedzai Muyambo last Sunday threw the congregation at Prophet Adventure Mutepfa’s Revival Centre Church’s Dangamvura assembly, Zimbabwe into a state of shock.

Reports say she collapsed and died during deliverance time.

A member of the congregation said Pedzai had collapsed during deliverance time at around 3pm, but no-one realised it, until after two hours, when the woman was still motionless on the floor:

“It is normal in our church to fall down during worship or deliverance service. She fell down and everyone thought it was the Holy Spirit working on her. It was until 5pm when someone alerted the church authorities that Sister Pedzai was still lying motionless on the ground. They tried to deliver her because they thought she was possessed by evil spirits, but all their efforts were in vain. She never moved an inch. That is when she was rushed to hospital and was pronounced dead upon arrival. It is a sad thing and we are still shocked,” she said.

However, one of the church’s youthful pastors, David Waerera said Pedzai died at the hospital and not in the church.

He also dismissed claims that the deceased died in the church premises but at the hospital, pointing that she did not fall during church service, or inside the church building, but was after service when people had gone that she was carried back into the church in an unconscious state.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/woman-collapses-and-dies-during.html

cc lalasticlala

Romance / Re: PHOTOS: Girl Mary Breaks The Internet Crying Over A Boy Who Broke Her Heart by 247frolic(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2016
More

Romance / PHOTOS: Girl Mary Breaks The Internet Crying Over A Boy Who Broke Her Heart by 247frolic(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2016
This young lady took to the internet to show how hurt she was after her lover broke her heart...

In Her Words:

I gave him all my heart and all he did to me is this??
Following my heart is the worst mistake I always make....
Dont blame me for posting this but I got to...
[i][/i]

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-girl-princess-chioma-mary-breaks.html

cc lalasticlala

Politics / PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by 247frolic(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2016
Nigerian Army has modified its official logo.

The new logo is a slight modification of the star position in the logo but still include the inscription from the Holy Quaran.

The announcement of the slight modification was notified though the official Facebook account of the security agency.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photos-nigerian-army-modifies-logo.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Sports / Rohr Replaces Injured Carl Ikeme With Daniel Akpeyi by 247frolic(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, has now invited South Africa –based goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi, to replace injured Carl Ikeme ahead of next week’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against Algeria in Uyo.

Akpeyi, who stars for Chippa United, was in the Nigeria Under-20 squad that finished as runners –up at the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup in the Netherlands, and was also in the bronze –winning U23 team at the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament in Brazil in August this year.

The former junior international is a direct replacement for Super Eagles number one, Ikeme, whose English club Wolverhampton Wanderers wrote to the Nigeria Football Federation that he would be unavailable as a result of injury.

The Super Eagles take on the Fennecs of Algeria in Uyo on Saturday, 12th November, in a Matchday 2 clash of the African race for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/rohr-replaces-injured-goalkeeper-carl.html

Family / Zimbabwean Man Forces Wife To Sleep With Stranger For $3000 by 247frolic(m): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2016
A Zimbabwean woman, Junior Phiri, has accused her husband, Douglas Hazvinei Gondo, of forcing her into prostitution to enable him raise funds for his business. Phiri said her husband asked her to have sex with a stranger so that he would claim compensation in the sum of $3000.

“This man is saying that I am a prostitute yet he is the one who pleaded with me to have s*x with a certain man so that he would go and claim money from him to start a business.

I am shocked that now he is saying I am a prostitute. He has not been taking care of the family. I am the one who has been doing everything for the children. I used to be a cross border trader but not anymore. In fact I have told him a number of times that I am no longer interested in the marriage but he keeps forcing me to love him...”
Phiri went on to say that Douglas had dragged her to the maintenance court as a way of disgracing her after she had reported him to the police for assault
“He brought me to court as a way of trying to shame me but the truth of the matter is that I am the one who takes care of the children. He does not buy anything for anyone. Our eldest child is now selling buckets in Mbare because their father is failing to take care of his family. My children have asked me to move out with them because they see how worthless their father is,” said Junior.
Meanwhile, Douglas has maintained that his wife is a prostitute who was shameless enough to justify her actions, saying she needed the money for their children’s welfare:
“This woman who is my wife is a prostitute. She has so many lovers and the evidence is in her phone which I confiscated. “She uses her job as a cover for her promiscuous behaviour. She once lied that she was going out of the country for work and she went to sleep with one of her lovers. She says she has to fend for the children and her parents so she has no other choice but to be a prostitute. One of her lovers is a doctor. I asked her to stop paying for the children’s school fees or to do anything for them because I wanted her to stop prostituting but now because she has failed to listen to me I want her to maintain the children and I.”
Douglas who hauled his wife to the maintenance court in Zimbabwe, is claiming $150 for their three children’s upkeep and $50 for his own upkeep:
“I want her to take care of the children and I, and I know that she can afford to do so because she is a cross border trader who is also a hairdresser. She earns $800 per month. She has no other children and no other husband except for her boyfriends only. I am a vendor and I get about $100 a month. My wife is capable of paying the said amount because she has the money,” Douglas said.
Presiding magistrate Sharon Rakafa postponed the matter to today for ruling.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/photo-man-forces-wife-to-sleep-with.html

Politics / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by 247frolic(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Eleven women in Kano state have been arraigned for drinking alcohol, smoking, and romancing with men who aren't their husbands.

These vices are contrary to the Sharia legal system, the Faggae Outpost of the Kano State Hisbah Board (Sharia Police) stated on Monday.

Commander of the board's Special Services, Malam Salisu Umar, said the suspects, including four divorcees with kids and a three-month-old pregnant woman, were apprehended by a special patrol unit around the Sabongari area of the state.

"The suspects are females between the ages of 21 and 24 and were apprehended around midnight at beer parlours in Faringida and Abedie Road in Sabongari. We have brought them before a competent Sharia court for prosecution," he said.

He added that they've been arraigned in court after which their case was adjourned till November 14th, 2016.

They are currently awaiting trial at the Central Prisons, Kano.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/sharia-police-arrests-11-women-for.html

1 Share

Religion / Pastor Adeboye Warns Youths - ''i’m Not Talking To You So That You Can Put Me On by 247frolic(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2016
Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCGG lashed out at youths in his church for making him the subject of social media discussions.

Several months ago, Adeboye trended on social network for saying men should not marry any woman that cannot cook.

Speaking at the RCCG National Young Adults and Youth Convention 2016 titled Vessels unto Honour this October at Redemption Camp, Pastor Adeboye said, “Spare me the problem. I’m not talking to you so that you can put me on YouTube.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/pastor-adeboye-warns-youths-im-not.html

cc lalasticlala
Business / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by 247frolic(m): 6:38am On Nov 01, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday warned Nigerians against patronising what it called ‘wonder banks’, stating that their activities were not regulated by it.

The Head, Consumer Protection Department, CBN, Hajiya Kadija Kassim, stated this during a mentoring programme for students of the Government Secondary School, Suleja, Niger State.

The mentoring programme, which was held simultaneously in over 200 schools, was part of activities to mark the World Savings Day.

The apex bank’s warning is coming at a time when the huge unemployment situation in the country is making a lot of people to take interest in an online investment scheme tagged: ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.)’.

The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called “mutual aid financial network,” with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent.

Kassim, while responding to a question asked by one of the students, described the scheme as fraudulent since it was not supported by any business model.

She said, “We have heard about the activities of MMM, but I want to warn you against it because they are wonder banks that are not regulated.

“Desist from their activities because they are fraudulent.”

She said the theme of this year’s World Savings Day, ‘Don’t save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving’, would assist in creating the needed awareness on the need to save.

She added, “The World Savings Day is a tradition created with the objective of stressing the importance of savings for modern economies and individuals alike.

“The primary objective is to increase awareness on financial literacy among various segments of the general public to sensitise them to the importance of saving, earning a livelihood, inculcating a savings habit, and generating employment and entrepreneurship for personal and national development.”

http://punchng.com/cbn-warns-patronage-wonder-banks/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Ben Bruce: 10 Common Sense Things Buhari Must Consider About The $29bn Loan by 247frolic(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, last week sought the approval of the National Assembly for external borrowing plan of $29.960 billion to execute key infrastructure projects across the country between 2016 and 2018.

The loan, Presidency explained will help achieved projects cut across key sectors of the economy, with special emphasis on infrastructure development, agriculture, health, education, water supply, growth and employment generation, poverty reduction through social safety net programmes and governance and financial management reforms.

But Senator Ben Murray Bruce has however come to caution President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government on the usage of the loan with ten common sense things:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/10/ben-bruce-10-common-sense-things-buhari.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 31 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.