Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

2good's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2good's Profile / 2good's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 39 pages)

Family / Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by 2good(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2017
Legalbeing:
My name is john. Am twenty one
Here is my story. Not just a story but an irony of truth and lies.
Do u know that if any human clocks 50 all he keeps thinking was his death?....(daddy said so)
Just like a utility maximisation, we tend to reach to a point and depreciate.
My father abandoned me and my siblings
just because he will soon die and he need to plan and enjoy the few years he has to spend on earth. He told my Mum that we all have our own future fend for. if we keep expecting him to pay our school fees, buy cloths and feed us complete thrice and many more that we are joking.. He also told my elderst brother that the money he has is for him and his wife. I thought the joke was a plank.. Not until when my two elder brother left the home to no destination.. I sat to share issues with my mum who pointed out vividly that my Daddy made the right decision.
So i wonder if that is right.. Is it only my father that has that mentality or is it a general undertaken. Someone needs a help.

You get kicked out of the house at 18 yrs in western countries (Europe, US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand). If you choose to remain at home after 18, then you have to contribute to rent and feeding. It is only in non western countries that you see a 21 years old demanding that their parent still take care of them.

1 Like

Family / Re: 57-Year-Old Woman Welcomes Her 1st Child With Her 62-Year-Old Husband (Photos) by 2good(m): 6:33am On May 19, 2017
The man should do a DNA test.
Celebrities / Re: Fans React To Isabella Ayuk's Beautiful Photos: "Hot & Raunchy!" by 2good(m): 6:44am On Apr 27, 2017
x
Travel / Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 5:58am On Feb 07, 2017
uzedigo:
There are no jobs in Delft for foreign student so don't bother going there if you plan to work and study.
I did my MSc in TU Delft and lived in Delft for 2 years.

[Good day 2good, I see you've had your Masters from TU Delft for quite a while now. I graduated from Unilag with a 4.47 in Civil and Environmental Engineering and looking at applying at Delft. Do you by chance have colleagues that are in this department that you could please link me up with? ]

Its been a while I left Delft so I don't know anybody left there as all the people I know studying for Phd have graduated and left. What exactly do you want to know about? As regards getting an admission, you will not have a problem with your GPA. The problem is always getting a scholarship/ funding because you have to compete with Asians, Europeans, Americans and other Africans for these fundings and it is usually not easy to get one.
Travel / Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
olujastro:

Hey bro, I'm doing my MSc at the University of Stavanger, Norway and I'm considering going for an exchange at T.U Delft in August purely for academic reasons. Is it true that you can only do a part time job if your employer agrees to process your work permit for you, unlike here where you just look for a job and start without any procedures?
Are there good chances of finding student jobs in Delft from what you know about the country? And are there Nigerians there?

There are no jobs in Delft for foreign student so don't bother going there if you plan to work and study.
I did my MSc in TU Delft and lived in Delft for 2 years.
Career / Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2016
vickers95:

Thanks. I'll also need the properties of the injector and producer too. Like the saturation, water cut, porosity, permeability , re, rw.
I sent a pm.

Your demands are very unclear. Well don't undergo water flooding but reservoirs does. Wells are only used as injector and producer from a reservoir to be water flooded. Properties like saturation, porosity, permeability, relative permeability to oil and water are all reservoir properties. Water cut is a producer property also reported as basic sediment and water (BS&W) and measured using a spinning centrifuge.
I have a lot of experience on this because my MSc thesis while studying Petroleum Engineering at the Delft University of Technology 5 years ago was on core flooding experiment where I saturated a core with water, injected oil into the core through the imbibition process, then produce the oil in the core first through water flooding (Secondary Oil Recovery). The water flooding operation produced oil with a recovery of roughly 45%. At the end of the water flooding process, I proceeded with injection of Alkaline Surfactant Polymer (Tertiary Oil Recovery Process) into the core to sweep out most of the trapped oil in the core, with an eventual total oil recovery of around 90% or more depending on the alkaline concentration in the ASP solution.
You need to understand the whole process before you can understand what to do. I had to determine the permeability myself through transducers installed at both end of the core for measurement of the pressure drop during injection. The K can be calculated from Darcy's law.
I work as a Well Engineer(Drilling, Completion and Workover) though because I love its practicality.

1 Like

Family / Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by 2good(m): 6:16am On Jul 18, 2016
bisiswag:

The man never loved her! Plain and simple'
You are definitely not married hence you won't type this response. Love means nothing when you are tormented for 16 years. Married people will understand me.
Family / Re: Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid by 2good(m): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
I witness a similar case in the the US. These couple were married for 16 years and the guy walked away leaving everything because he was not ready for emotional blackmail anymore from the woman. She begged and begged him to come back because they have 3 kids, but he refused. He did not even divorce her, he just left Texas for New York and it has been 7 years since he left. She did not file for official divorce neither did she change her name or the kids hoping that he will come back someday but he instead just cut off completely from her and the kids and the next thing she discovered on Facebook was that another Nigerian American girl had a baby boy for him. She is now a single mother in America with 3 children who have seen their dad in just 2 days out of the last 7 years and things are tough for her.
Travel / Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
redwriter:

Hello 2good. Good morning. Are you back in Nigeria?
Are you working? Sorry, for my many questions. I'm just very curious.
Is it true that the weather is always rainy? Did you experience racism?

No I don't live in Nigeria. You cannot be successful in the west as a professional if you are so concerned about the kind of questions you're asking. You need to have thick skin if you want to work in an environment where you will be one of the few blacks around because that is the kind of environment most black professionals work here in Europe.
Weather and racism are petty issues because there is nothing you can do to solve them. Winter can be very very harsh so you have no option but to adapt. Infact if you have to go offshore North Sea to work, be ready to experience -25 degree temperature during winter months when there are strong wind/ storm blowing across the North Sea.

9 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by 2good(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
olujastro:
I bumped into this thread while seeking information about migrating to Germany.
I recently got admission to study Offshore Technology(MSc) at the University of Stavanger and I'm about to start processing my Norwegian visa. The thing is, I've always had a thing for Power Engineering (Mechanical) and I've only just found a very good school in Germany that I can apply to.
Considering that Germany gives non-EU students 18 months to job hunt after graduation compared to Norway's 6 months. And it's far less cold.
I just need people who live in these countries to shed more light on prospects for student part-time jobs and skilled jobs after graduation before taking any further decision.

If oil price increases before your graduate (which is most certain), Norway is the best place to get a job after graduation because it has the biggest oil and gas industry in Europe. I worked and lived in Stavanger for a period of 9 months and I will tell you that it is one of the most expensive city in the world so you should not expect to work to pay your tuition or cost of living because it is not possible to achieve. If you have a scholarship, you will be in good shape.

3 Likes

Family / Re: A Man Who Cannot Foot The Bills Of The Home Has Lost His Right To Headship by 2good(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Mamatee07:

Men claim to be superior to women except when it comes to women paying bills. The woman will be the breadwinner yet the man won't help around the house because he will claim certain chores are beneath him If you argue that we are equals then no problem we will gladly pay bills since you will then pitch in with cooking and everything else. You can't except any woman to be happy to be the bread winner and still the one in charge of chores and kids. What then is such a man bringing to the table angry

Men have been taking care of their family from time immemorial and dying in the process without complaining because they are programmed from birth that it is their responsibility. Men still take care of most responsibility in over 80% of Nigerian homes without complaining. So if you see someone who is struggling to do that, he is an outlier.

1 Like

Family / Re: A Man Who Cannot Foot The Bills Of The Home Has Lost His Right To Headship by 2good(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
Dominicah:
Imagine a home where the wife pays for rent, pays children's school fees, how dare such a man give orders to his wife and call himself head of the home?

I think the head of the home is the woman
If a woman cannot take care of the financial need of her home, what is the point spending money on the girl child education? Women claim to be equal to men except when it comes to the time for responsibilities.

6 Likes

Family / Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 2good(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
YelloweWest:

Excuse me?? Pls mind what you say if you are ignorant to the law. If you were coming signatory to your dad's account the bank had no right to stop you!
If your parents were married under the Act once u obtain letter administration all your dad's property would have passed to your mum! The law protects a surviving spouse WHO IS MARRIED UNDER THE ACT! WITHOUT A WILL!

bla bla bla. I am telling you about a realistic experience and you're quoting what you know nothing about. just so you know, I had to get a lawyer and follow the legal process to unlock the money and no marriage certificate was required.
Family / Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 2good(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
YelloweWest:

What Then once a spouse dies without a will his or her property passes to the surviving spouse automatically! That is if you are married under the Act.

If you have a will without being married under the Act, your brothers will frustrate the surviving spouse with court cases, meanwhile the native law and custom of the man will be in place in till the determination of the court case which will take years...
In other words your immediate family is doomed!

Do not argue with me. When my dad was alive, I was a signatory to his account, meaning I could sign his cheque and be given money by the bank without him co signing. After he died, I made the mistake of telling the bank that he is late and that was it. They refuse my withdrawal from his account that day. The money in his account will remained locked for the next 5 years before we were able to unlock the money and guess what? My father did not do a court wedding meaning my mum doesn't have any marriage certificate.
Be sure of what you say in the public especially if you have no clue about it.

1 Like

Family / Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 2good(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
YelloweWest:

Are you aware that should you die without a will or even with a will your immediate family has no protection? And that the native law of your custom which will most likely say that your brothers should inherite your property especially of your kids are still young?

I can't believe educated young men are thinking this way!
Are you also aware that the law works both ways?? That you are also entitled to what ever wealth your wife has?
You don't need marriage certificate to have a will. You cannot get your dead spouse property except they will it to you, hence your thought on marriage and will is flawed
Family / Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 2good(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Vyolet:
None of those laws work here in Nigeria, when a man divorces you or you divorce him, no one would force him to give you Nada, unless he is responsible enough to know his responsibility.

A man is responsible to his kids not a problematic ex wife. Why should the man always be the one to give? Don't men and women get thesame education and opportunity in Nigeria?

19 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Munachi Abii For Bmpro’s ‘the Turban Series’ (photos) by 2good(m): 10:52am On Mar 01, 2016
Photoshop. Her appearance is all deceit

1 Like

Politics / Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by 2good(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2016
People posting this nonsense around are really stupid! yes I said stupid!
This woman brought out a serious corruption issue in Nigeria and instead of people to reason with her and see how to eliminate this corruption cancer from Nigeria, they are focusing on petty and irrelevant issue. Check out her profile https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemi_Adeosun and tell me if she is as dumb as you all claim.

1 Like

Family / Re: Some Nigerian Women Are So Ungrateful by 2good(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
He trains your siblings in school
He gives your parents money monthly
He takes care of you, your kids and all
your siblings. You call him a good
husband, responsible man, you call
him all the good names in the world. But the moment he buys one derica of
rice for his own mother or gives little
change to any of his siblings, it
becomes a trouble in the home, you
begin to frustrate his life, you don't
need to be confirmed, you are a WITCH. A heartless WITCH.

Stand your ground. You are the boss not the other way round
Family / Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by 2good(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2016
chocolateme:
Nigerian husbands always expect their wives to always put on their wedding bands wherever they are going including when At home.
But why can't the guys also wear their own? Even also in the case of engagement rings.
They practically turn the women into "Lord of the Rings" ok oo it is well with our Nigerian guys.
Nobody including men is forcing you to wear your ring. You can throw it away if you want to. Stop lying that men want their wife to wear the ring because I know we don't care.
Family / Re: The Burden Of Child Rearing By Single Mothers by 2good(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2016
Agbajegorite:

we need to ask ourselves where the children of broken home, displaced as a result of violence, born out of wedlock, unwanted pregnancy, death of parents... are staying? the information is within and around us if only we care to know. please, check for the veracity of facts before condemnation.

so you mean 35 out of every 100 children are born into single parent home? I am a very objective person, so when I see fictitious numbers like you quoted, I simply translate them into reality of the world we live in. Look at everybody you know directly in all the areas you have lived in Nigeria and ask yourself whether 7 out of every 20 children between the age of 1-14 live in single parent.
The number is 100% bogus atleast in Nigeria society I know, where we don't even have any reasonable statistics that are up to date. Even poor people with children don't just separate like that. Maybe if you were specific about Borno state, I might reason with you but for Nigeria as a whole, it is completely false even when the boko haram problem is factored in.
So there is no point looking for single parent children that doesn't exist!
Family / Re: The Burden Of Child Rearing By Single Mothers by 2good(m): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
The Nigerian stat is a lie. Where are all the children living in single parent home?
Family / Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

my last qoute to you...

your useless mother tongue

So it is now my mother that you want to face? Exactly why I said it doesn't matter whether a woman have a Phd or not. Once she is useless to a man like you have shown yourself to be, she will always be useless to another man. If a maid is nice to a man, he will want more of her. Simple. Your opinion is irrelevant. idiot!
Family / Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

sharaaaaap, gerrrrout, who will convince a m.oron like you, otondo tongue

quote me again and loose your small prick tongue tongue

Big fool. Bold enough to quote someone but too stupid to use your emotional dumb brain to respond rationally.
Family / Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

shocked people like you still exist? smh

You are clueless to my post because you are a woman and so don't understand how the male hormone works. Men are women are biologically different no matter how hard the modern media or society try to deny that. We are wired differently biologically and there is no way your opinion can change that. Also I don't do Politically Correct bullshit so don't try to convince me on what you have no clue about.
Family / Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

how old are you?

This is a very silly question. How does my age got anything to do with the reality of my post? You might not like to see the truth because you are a woman but that is your problem and not mine.
Family / Re: Opinion Pool : Women Are Wiser Than Men!!! by 2good(m): 7:46am On Oct 26, 2015
KashyBaby:
Women are wiser..we think even more complex than men. grin
Yet most of your kind have not contributed anything useful to our civilization. What do you do with your complex thinking?
Family / Re: Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. by 2good(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Omofairy:
And you can say hello to extended celibacy

She will beg him for sex if he chooses to get it outside and not touch her for 3 months

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: Two Angry Men: Should A Nigerian Wife Get HALF In Divorce? by 2good(m): 5:58am On Oct 15, 2015
michymeg:
She should take more than half, most times the woman is saddled with the responsibility of taking care of the kids, which comes with a lot of financial and emotional stress.

Don't poor women also have children and take care of them?
Family / Re: Women In STEM by 2good(m): 5:13am On Oct 15, 2015
bukatyne:

I do not know if men are more 'suited' to STEM; this thread is saying every student should be guided to pick what best suits them.... Incentives are not necessary to put women in STEM... their passion should be enough incentive to.

If men were created to build, create and civilize, then they have made a woeful job of it.

AND THAT DISCUSSION IS OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THIS THREAD.
Tell me one useful thing that women have built in our civilization! All most women do is to consume without thinking how or where things come from.
Family / Re: Strength Of Mothers, Summed Up In One Picture by 2good(m): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2015
Nonsense picture. What about the men that slave their life to death just to feed these ungrateful women and their children?
Women like to overhype their usefulness to men in order to brainwash the men to commit only to turn him to a wage slave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 39 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.