Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! (15871 Views)

Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / A Girl's Advice To Ladies Asking Guys For Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by mexxyaaron(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2010
i personally dont see any big issue in that,what really matters is how the lady in question rbehaves during the relationship that counts.either i approach her or she is the one who did,does not make any difference to me.one thing i know is that i wont conclude that she is loose or bad except i see traces of that during our relationship.i think i kinda love ladies to be theirselves,if u like something go for it wihout wasting time cos delay is dangerious.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by justwise(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2010
There is absolutely nothing wrong in that, it takes a matured and confident woman to do that, it also show how open minded she is.

I don't see any reason why she should be called any disgusting name by any man. Things have moved on, women should go for it IF they wish
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2010
It's really quite simple from my male perspective. If she's got the goods, then she can step up. If I am interested, I buy. Is that not the same pricinciple that women apply to guys?

Just as long as the girls realize that they are going to be thoroughly scrutinized and probably rejected, not necessarily because its 'unafrican' for a lady to ask a man out, they should go for it.

Personally, nothing quite beats the buzz like when a pretty, sophisticated lady steps up to chat me up.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:08pm On May 05, 2010
Hey Wiseman, I got you wink keeping an open mind is KEY hence I said it is the mind of the man being approached that will determine what happens after the initial contact!

@ Rheinmetal - I personally wouldn't step up to a guy I didn't think I had a chance of attracting or captivating for at least 5 mins, if dude is out of my league, I would admire and move along, on the flip side, why do some guys think they can get any chick they want even when it is evident the two are worlds apart? I can never get that!

@ mexxyaaron - it is definitely the actions in the relationship that count, not how it started, I am with you!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 2:19pm On May 05, 2010
^^ Cos for the men, the real thrill is in the hunt. BTW, no man worth his salt would ever admit that a girl is above his league. Wimps, maybe.

1 Like

Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:30pm On May 05, 2010
Rheinmetal:

^^ Cos for the men, the real thrill is in the hunt. BTW, no man worth his salt would ever admit that a girl is above his league. Wimps, maybe.

A vivid pic of a haenna mounting a lion comes to mind grin grin grin but it is true what you said, some guys are chancers of note, unbelievable! I currently have a guy at the traffic lights calling me all sorts of names (sweet ones) selling fruit thinking he and I can actually be an item, he wants my number and wants to come to my place, grin grin grin grin Dude is cool though, just not enough to be my man!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2010
^^^ Not man enough? well! depends on what you need a man for. The beauty of romance is that it can sometimes build a bridge across great divides, say for instance, social circumstances.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by sesman(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2010
justwise:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in that, it takes a matured and confident woman to do that, it also show how open minded she is.

I don't see any reason why she should be called any disgusting name by any man. Things have moved on, women should go for it IF they wish

i concur with the above statment 100%, I think women should do it more often, there is nothing more sexier than a nice charming attrcative women chatting me up, if i was single of course, grin
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:52pm On May 05, 2010
Rheinmetal:

^^^ Not man enough? well! depends on what you need a man for. The beauty of romance is that it can sometimes build a bridge across great divides, say for instance, social circumstances.

I still say guy would not be what I want, talking about what I know of his so far, even if his social standing was different!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by justwise(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2010
SA Goddess:

A vivid pic of a haenna mounting a lion comes to mind grin grin grin but it is true what you said, some guys are chancers of note, unbelievable! I currently have a guy at the traffic lights calling me all sorts of names (sweet ones) selling fruit thinking he and I can actually be an item, he wants my number and wants to come to my place, grin grin grin grin Dude is cool though, just not enough to be my man!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:02pm On May 05, 2010
Don't laugh Wiseman, but heck, dude is funny as hell,

While he is chatting me up, he sometimes has to run after my car as the light turns green for me so he can sell that box of peaches to me, too sweet for words cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2010
@ SA Goddess, Well you made it seem his social standing was your turn off. But I hear you loud and clear. No harm, No foul. Peace wink
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 05, 2010
@poster,most women dat approach men 1st are simply loose.Im talkin from experience.In my third yr in sch(uni),there was this gal dat actually approachd me, she gave me d sign n i acted first 2 conclude d work.@ first i didn't want 2 read meaning to what she did bt along d line in d relationship i found out that this gal was is loose to men.With this my first experience i dnt buy d idea of gals approach me or give me sign.Im sensitive/able enough 2 go 4 what i want.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by justwise(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2010
SA Goddess:

Don't laugh Wiseman, but heck, dude is funny as hell,

While he is chatting me up, he sometimes has to run after my car as the light turns green for me so he can sell that box of peaches to me, too sweet for words cheesy cheesy cheesy

That dude might have seen something that got his blood going, hence the chase smiley smiley
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by justwise(m): 3:10pm On May 05, 2010
yorke:

@poster,most women dat approach men 1st are simply loose.Im talkin from experience.In my third yr in sch(uni),there was this gal dat actually approachd me, she gave me d sign n i acted first 2 conclude d work.@ first i didn't want 2 read meaning to what she did bt along d line in d relationship i found out that this gal was is loose to men.With this my first experience i dnt buy d idea of gals approach me or give me sign.Im sensitive/able enough 2 go 4 what i want.

Just ONE, i mean ONE out of millions approached you and u rushed to conclusion calling them 'loose'?
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by ayettymama(f): 3:11pm On May 05, 2010
ah ah me inno understand ooo shouldnt a man sometimes admit a woman is beyond his league?? ah ah even the lion the king of the jungle- sizes up his animals!! there are still some a lion wont dare to attack!!!  
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:13pm On May 05, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@ SA Goddess, Well you made it seem his social standing was your turn off. But I hear you loud and clear. No harm, No foul. Peace wink

To be honest with you, I don't know where I would begin dusting him up if I were to even think of a relationship with him.  I would not date anyone i would be ashamed of introducing as my man, that is the truth!  Would you
date a lady selling fruit at a street light?  Be real!

yorke:

I was waiting for you, to tell me the girls who "initiate" are loose, I will say it AGAIN, it is the mind of the man being approached that will determine what happens after the initial contact!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:15pm On May 05, 2010
justwise:

That dude might have seen something that got his blood going, hence the chase smiley smiley

Dude saw me and thought "that's my babe" nothing wrong with that cheesy cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2010
@ SA Goddess, I like you already. A lady with candour is always a fresh breath, anytime.

Yes I would date a lady beneath my social status, guess, that's where you'ld place a street vendor, if she has same qualities as the lady above my social class. Which means social standing does not matter to me if the babe is tight (varied meanings pls).

@ayettymama

What a lion wants from its prey and what a man wants from a woman are poles apart.

Pray tell me what puts a woman out of a man's league.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:33pm On May 05, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@ SA Goddess, I like you already. A lady with candour is always a fresh breath, anytime.

Yes I would date a lady beneath my social status, guess, that's where you'ld place a street vendor, if she has same qualities as the lady above my social class. Which means social standing does not matter to me if the babe is tight (varied meanings pls).
@ayettymama

What a lion wants from its prey and what a man wants from a woman are poles apart.

Pray tell me what puts a woman out of a man's league.

More POWER to you man, then you are a bigger person than I am. I must also state that I would NOT date a man that is WAY out of my league because we would have nothing in common, I would know nothing about chilling on a boat on the South of France or spending R20 000 on a pair of shoes (Jimmy Choo's) so I like to keep it within my range, I can maintain that!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Rheinmetal(m): 3:38pm On May 05, 2010
^^^^I respect that, if that's what you want.

But check this out; People upgrade all the time, but there are qualities that one can't possess, no matter what. If I see those rare qualities in any lady, no matter her social status, then I'm not letting go, well that's just me.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:44pm On May 05, 2010
Rheinmetal:

^^^^I respect that, if that's what you want.

But check this out; People upgrade all the time, but there are qualities that one can't possess, no matter what. If I see those rare qualities in any lady, no matter her social status, then I'm not letting go, well that's just me.

I am with you on people upgrading all the time so I will not rule anyone out but let's not be planets apart, to me that is a recipe for disaster right from the beginning, not to say stranger things haven't happened! wink
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by ayettymama(f): 4:27pm On May 05, 2010
lol erm. . . . . i dont even no if i can answer that question sensibly without soundin like the popous biatch i try not to be!!

lol i dunno- when its obvious the girl has more goin for her than the dude

or if she's from a higher social standing than the dude

has a better job, earns more money, lives a more luxurious lifestyle,

i mean who wants to be the lady with the tramp??
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by cantell(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2010
ayettymama:

lol erm. . . . . i dont even no if i can answer that question sensibly without soundin like the popous biatch i try not to be!!

lol i dunno- when its obvious the girl has more goin for her than the dude

or if she's from a higher social standing than the dude

has a better job, earns more money, lives a more luxurious lifestyle,

i mean who wants to be the lady with the tramp??
You just sounded like one.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by ayettymama(f): 4:45pm On May 05, 2010
i said so- i knew exactly what it will sound like- now u can answer th equestion or gerrout!!!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by cantell(m): 4:57pm On May 05, 2010
ayettymama:

i said so- i knew exactly what it will sound like- now u can answer th equestion or gerrout!!!
To where? I dey ur house?
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by danben(m): 5:30pm On May 05, 2010
i personally dont see any big issue in that if a lady have a feeling and express it notthing bad at that. I will see her as being bold and know what she want.that does not mean she is loose except she prove to be loose during the relationship.
I always tell ladies if you have a feeling towards somebody and sense the person feel something why not take the bold step if he can not. no wasting of time delay could be dangerious
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by olayinkaj2(m): 6:01pm On May 05, 2010
No big deal, the lady can make the move afterall guys do that.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by mexxyaaron(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2010
i kinda have a similar experience back then when i was in the university.My ex was always sending out signals then to me that she had a thing for me and when i saw those signal i went in for the kill.Through out our relationship she never gave the my cause to doubt her faithfulness and trust.Although we didn't get married to other reasons( i messed up back then,wasn't matured enough then to handle a situation which came up.my academic adviser had interest in her which resulted into a quarrel between us).To say the fact,i respected and cherished  her alot even though we had sxx on her second visit to my crib and almost every other day after then.I really miss the time we shared back then.The only problem now is that she is married to someone else but we are still very close to the extent the husband to call me thinking we were still banging ourself.My of writhing this is that when u meet a good woman u will know either u were the one who approach or she did,u will surely know.So i dont have any problem with any regarding girls approaching guy,if u see what u really fancy why pretend over it.So ladies pls go out for anything u desire and fancy,dont mind what people say.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by lgboks(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2010
What a man can do a woman can do better.dats what ladies say,so i will luv it if they ask me out.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:21pm On May 07, 2010
lgboks:

What a man can do a woman can do better.dats what ladies say,so i will luv it if they ask me out.

Wait your turn, it's coming cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by lgboks(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2010
i am waiting. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Slay Queen Bares Massive Cleveage Photo That Got People Talking / Curve Igbo Lady Flogged Mercilessly After She Was Caught With A intimacy gadget:video / Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.