Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,824 members, 7,813,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? (68817 Views)

Should I Straff This Female Neighbor Who's Giving Me Green Lights. / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: No Green Lights, No Approach. / Should I Give Green Light Or Just Say My Mind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Route99:

I get you. From your experience, how effective is this your green light (avoidance)? To some, avoidance could mean you detest their presence. Most people prefer to be more straight forward these days, which I think is beneficial for everybody.

Your opinion. You can't speak for all.

It is very effective cos its more like I single myself from the crowd to be noticed. And he'll be like whys she always avoiding my presence and begins to target when I'm alone to form fine boy come chyke.

It worked with my ex. Mehnnn the guy get swag.
I was watching him as they were filing out of the podium after ministration and his own uniform was damn... all shades of swag but immediately he passed my front I just throway face. grin

So it was another time to go to Rccg camp and as I was sitting in the bus (organized by church for worker) lo and be hold he just sat close to me. Omor my breath seized but then again I throwey face grin and that was how he started chyking me and was like...babe, you're always snobbing someone, why? And I was like really? You sure its me or my twin ?(my twin was sitting behind us) and he was like...its you. The way you look at someone like the person is shit. Hehehe.. And in my mind I said "Wow it worked! So he's been watching me...
I asked him again, are you sure its me,, I'm a twin o..he looked back at my sister and said." Babe it you Jor. grin I come say ehen.. Mission accomplished. tongue.

So it works wella. May not work with you though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by biggy26: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2019
vickydankal:
It is really subtle, especially if a lady is a church person like me. I gave my husband green, blue, brown even white light before he could understand.

Attack him
Appreciate him
Laugh at his jokes that are not funny
For the spiritual ones. Tell him I'm praying for him
Find an opportunity to talk/greet to him
Second his comment in meetings etc
Since you're a church person, one bottle of communion wine for you for the new year on me. Your way pure 100%.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by biggy26: 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Varlfott:

The bolded is exactly how most men are. We find it hard to determine whether these gestures you mentioned are hints of attraction or just the case of a girl being nice and friendly.
Sharp men always know how to read signs and move in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by medolab90(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
There is this girl always friendly to me.whenever we chat she's always using kinds words for me.

Even sometimes she might want us to go out together and end up paying.

Is this also a green light guys cos me dey blind to light o undecided
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by biggy26: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hhenryy:

Oga, this is Nigeria. Most of our ladies have been Genitally mutilated (circumcised) and therefore do NOT like sex nor have any urge for sex because their erotic zones have been chopped off during circumcision. That is why it appears as if the only way they can be attracted to you is through your money and other material things you can offer. .
Sorry for your experiences with mutilated girls. Try again next year.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Slimsly100(f): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
Madam u be expert o cheesy grin

vickydankal:
It is really subtle, especially if a lady is a church person like me. I gave my husband green, blue, brown even white light before he could understand.

Attack him
Appreciate him
Laugh at his jokes that are not funny
For the spiritual ones. Tell him I'm praying for him
Find an opportunity to talk/greet to him
Second his comment in meetings etc

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by biggy26: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

I'm not married...but I sure will be married by then...
Are you giving him green light?
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by GraGra247(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
Starz825:

God go bless you for this sensible statement
Sometimes all this so called green light u see around women are just normal gestures some ladies display towards guys
Let me blow ur mind...there is this corper friend I have...I met her in the company where I work presently.. pretty good looking Sha...with the phonetics..she sounds cool anyway...
During my first week in the company, I met with her (I didn't go to ask her out o) I just went to her to know her more as she's just my type..then in less than two weeks we became close friends as in ..I am good at linking up quickly as long u are my type..that one no be problem...infact everyone around started saying one or two things Abt us..like they feel something is going on.. infact during meetings our director would always talk about us openly that he like the fact that his organization is going to produce a couple very soon (we were that close).....
This girl will hug me tightly around her arms like we don dey date... always want to be where I am...if she is not seeing me she is asking of me ...na so I go fall hand o ..go mistakenly tell am say I am beginning to like her...jeez...na later I Know say I fvck up...boom she just change her attitude, insult start the following day.. taunting me every where as in ...I no believe my eyes and ears...see gbege oo...I have already fallen for her... because one thing about me is if a lady shows me that kind of likeness I will just return that likeness naturally and treat her cool....na so I wake jareee say wetin happen..I picked my self up and braced up frown face....so I decided to give space so I can earn my respect.... having done this though I'm still doing it..I have arguably earned my respect back ..but she still hugs me firmly like crazy I go be like don't choke me jaree.(for my mind o) unto say eye don clear...I already know thats her own way of friendship not that she is into me or something...so me self no put mind again so I no go fall again....

Wow!! your experience fully confirms my statement. Good you weren't deceived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by iSlayer: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

Biko pls keep calling me "big aunty" I like that... Cousins?....they're on their way....if yhu know what I mean...

So nothing even happened yesterday....I didn't forget nothing....

Something happened. I was asking you where you're based.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Legendguru: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Come fcuuk me it is what it is when ya pocket is so fat
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by zPHENOMENON(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
[quote author=gowonmaharajah post=85377887]
Well,you're right to some degree buh it doesn't always work like that.no girl born of a woman, most especially in a typical Nigeria setting will ever open up to say she loves you[/quote.]

Am not saying that a lady has to profess her love to me first, am just saying i won't decode any signal or green light she is passing across, to avoid looking like a fool When she says she is just being kind or friendly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Dreew(f): 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
ubunja:
that feeling of a guy's muscles is a HUGE green light. And having muscles actually makes it easy for girls to give you a green light cause the muscles are a talking point. It's like putting on a fancy shirt and a girl comes to feel it's quality. Same thing. Green Lights.

What if a guy invites you to a party? Does it count?...even if his gf will be there too. He says, "don't even say you won't come?"
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Dreew(f): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
Xmen149:

introvert

How do you know this?
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Digmygold: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
ubunja:
Green Lights are an invitation to approach and present your romantic case because the girl sees you as a viable romantic partner. Simple. I don't know what men think green lights are.

Thats because you are not a man. How can you know what men think? Are you top or bottom in the gay cartel? Pray tell. grin

Now i have a special prayer for you. That frustration that made you think of starting a gay movement on NL will be with you into 2020 and forever after. Amen.

You will never have cause to stop writing crap because you will never find that cougar you are obviously desperately searching for at 60. You will be that lazy ass broke gigolo until death comes knocking at your door Amen.

Has your maami enrolled in Evening School yet? cheesy
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by erenax: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2019
zPHENOMENON:
If u like use ur head knack wall as sign of ur green light, e no concern me. If u no fit use ur mouth talk am say u love me, i go dey look u ni. No b me una go disgrace. . . .
. grin grin grin
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by OcMichaels(m): 12:07am On Jan 01, 2020
GraGra247:
Nigerian ladies have no green lights. Mark my words.

Many things men mistakenly count as green lights are false alarms. All men are victims of this.

If you like a lady simply approach her nicely, if she rejects, move on and try the next girl.

Ignore all greenlights if you don't want to make a fool of yourself.

On point.....fallen a fool to many times to count.
Learnt the hard way.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by OcMichaels(m): 12:11am On Jan 01, 2020
Quality20:
I'm a man not a lady sha, but I'm still gonna share an experience I had at lectures long long time a go. A lady sitting next to me at d lectures started scratching her head so intensely and at a point I felt like maybe she was trying to get my attention but I still didn't do anything sha, even a lady opposite us just kind of looked at both of us sharply as if we both involved in d drama. Was dat a green light or was she genuinely disturbed? Who knows?

Bruhh
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by OcMichaels(m): 12:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Varlfott:
Before you ladies respond to this, I'll like to say that most of you are simply cowards. Why waste time making subtle gestures towards a guy you like in hopes that he will read your gestures as greenlights when you can simply just walk up to him and tell him you like him? A lot of us would appreciate you more if you did this. Most guys can't even interpret your green lights and most of you in attempt to show these green lights end up giving mixed signals.

What's the point of giving green lights even? You fear rejection but yet you expect men to overcome their own fear of rejection and approach you?

Why would you have a crush on a guy but expect him to be the one to text or call you first? Why don't you be the first to text or call?

So in leiu or all this, please tell us guys how you indicate that you are attracted to is and explain how you expect us to proceed. How do you show your greenlights? What are those subtle behaviors we guys should look out for?

When it comes to relationship, most of us guys don't get to understand these lights.

Colour blind.....
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by ucheuzor1(m): 2:16am On Jan 01, 2020
Had a lady friend during my nysc days. Didn't know she was attracted to me. And my friend went to toast her, but she refused.

It was months after service she told me she was actually crushing on me from day one. Me I never noticed any green light from her na.

I asked her why didn't she flash me small green light, she say she no sabi how to flash green light.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by sheriffindy(m): 2:17am On Jan 01, 2020
No be only green light,both trafficator.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by bjnice(m): 3:30am On Jan 01, 2020
All this light wahala can cause confusion. Na so two ladies give me green light, funny enough, I met the second lady when i was still trying to figure out the first one.

As time went on. I followed the signal with clearly direction. Now eh the second babe has started to act funny when she found out I'm in a relationship with the first lady the funny thing be say dem know each other.

Even yesterday when i make attempt to tease her, the babe response was how many babe I want take home. I just laughed.
Not to lose her, I have convert her in my mind to a special friend because we are both working on a new project.

As a correct naija guy to avoid story that touch because the second babe pic dey my phone plenty with nice shot we took together I dey update my babe about the girl, and the NGO will dey run together.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Jeweltz(f): 6:55am On Jan 01, 2020
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Well, the muscles that rip ladies apart are not the kind of steroid-looking muscles(those are for the love of the male folks) It is the v- taper kind of muscular physique. Broad shoulders, well defined lats and pec muscles and slim waist.

No, calisthenics can't give one those muscles, the ladies love. Weight- lifting is the way.

Sorry, I just want to ask. Is it only a ripped muscle, fine face and money that makes a guy desirable? I love a ripped muscle, Yes. But in the past, I was attracted to a guy way below standard in terms of good look but he's overly intelligent and smart, and I really loved him. So I'm thinking now that am I normal?

Copy: Ubunja
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Jeweltz(f): 6:55am On Jan 01, 2020
ubunja:
I hear you on the Calisthenics. Seems the ladies who favour them are more outlier than majority.

The Body Game will take any man from zero to somewhere. I would much wish guys hit the gym more instead of all their fixation with making money. Get the right body first. That alone gets you a seat at the table. Money appeals to women's need for security and comfort. But muscles, they talk to their biology and inspire pure primal animalistic Lust.

Sorry, I just want to ask. Is it only a ripped muscle, fine face and money that makes a guy desirable? I love a ripped muscle, Yes. But in the past, I was attracted to a guy way below standard in terms of good look but he's overly intelligent and smart, and I really loved him. So I'm thinking now that am I normal?
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 01, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Ladies don't ever try it you'll be consider cheap and they would use you to count score.......Nigerian men don't understand the word EASY they value it when they hustle to get you.....

I am 100% with you.

Whatever gathering I go, I'm known as the quiet distant girl (some call it the snub). Yet I get the most attention and command the most respect. When I manage a smile, it's very appreciated.

Truth is there is beauty in mystery.

If you walk up to a guy all smile and shit trying to shoot your shot, chances are you wont get the respect you deserve.

Even if I make the first move I'm dead sure it's after i've gotten the respect I deserve... Girl can't come and be disrespected because she is a feminist o cheesy
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Janthony: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2020
iPhone 11pro max 256gb @450k very neat

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2020
Make I dey straight
I'm in my 400L
from my 100L to 300L I wanted to be a ghost,so I was kind of mysterious,after class I JAPAA always,no small talks. Football brought me and the guys together..I definitely saw green lights but just didn't give a sh*t..I was focused on myself ,I had to figure myself. Any confused person without an idea of what he wants or what he want to do with his life should not be in a relationship, it would just compound your confusion.
There is this girl that stares at me in 200L...She used to greet me Good morning,I won't just answer...It made me seem like a dick but it's alright..She still stares once in a while
So in my 400L....I became open,I wasn't looking for a relationship but female friends sha...I've always been cool with the guys. I went to the pool one day...I play football and I gym every once in a while sha,so body dey there..So this girl was staring at me,like soul scanning stare, I ignored at first,I needed confirmation, I just keep on swimming but she kept on staring that's a green light,I swam to her side, initiated a conversation, it was easy because she indicated interest first...
I also went to one show and this babe was constantly looking back,she stares and she go comot eye....I sha go collect number
There's also one babe that stared at me when I was in 200L, she was a transfer student,this babe fine die...I kind regret I did nothing about it before she left for university in Leicester...It's okay if we go meet we go meet
Also in 200L one babe was literally complimenting me on my looks and my pink lips,it was weird but i think it was green but I ignored that sh*t
400L, one of my project mates flat out told me while we were having a discussion about organising Truth or dare that she won't kiss anyone except she likes the person but she'd be okay with kissing me sha....While we were taking pictures one day after our seminar presentation,she asked me to marry her(She was definitely joking, women don't joke)
Green lights are everywhere it depends on if that's what you're looking for...Girls have a way of talking with their eyes,like long stares...Open Your eyes
#HAPPYNEWYEAR
I pray we all find what we were looking for

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by tochievol: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2020
biddostandard:
some naija babe will give you greenlight and still be acting funny

This one is the most annoying for me
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Aiziko: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2020
ubunja:
well telling a guy straight up you like him is application to be rejected.
Not in all cases sir.
Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Xmen149(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Dreew:

How do you know this?

they are very selective,sentimental and only get comfortable within their circles (either they create it or an existing one),alot of them are perfectionist and are usually seen as rude(proberbly bcs of how they present their views)

alot are depressed too

they only f** their friends dating them or not

I can go on and on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? by Frankicent(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2020
Jodha:
My attention is hard to get.....
If I give him enough attention and he still doesn't get...

I move....No time ..

well done.. You now a guy... just turn left keep moving until you arrive at Babylon

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Man Accuses Girlfriend Of Giving Him HIV, Leaks Her Sex Video & Pics / 8 People Who Died During Sex / Ladies, What Would You Do If A Guy Did This To You On Valentine's Day? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.