Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? (13184 Views)

IS it right for a dad to bath his 15years old daughter? / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Overbearing Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by natural101(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2011
if u are under 18 i guess you wouldnt be the one in charge of your phone bills, so it is just a matter of time before he sets u free. if you are in your early 20's, then you should let him understand that u are a grown up
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by kayez: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2011
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahb blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, all the 'ranters' and the 'rantees' gimme a break what's the farce about. Look the other way there aint nothing coming at you baby, you sound as if you're been attacked. Damn youthful exuberance
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2011
When you left for school, he will stand on ma bedroom door eavesdropping on ma mid-nite calls with ma frnds

haha.

one has to wonder what type of calls underage people have to make at midnight that cant take place during the day. cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by ajetii(m): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
There is no hidden agenda-Its just the lack of trust that gets to me. I have never given him any reason to distrust me. I dont stay out past curfew,i dont do drugs,he's never had to lock me up in a room to keep me from a guy i was in 'love' with,i dont flunk any subject,i dont smoke,i dont drink(except occasionally),i always make good grades,i've never sneaked out of the house,he's never had to bring my wasted behind home from a club . I am the classic 'good girl'. I know what some kids are putting their parents through,the kinda premature grey hairs they are giving their parents and that is not me. Ive never given him a day of grief and i dont think a little respect for my privacy is too much to ask for. I just dont get why he doesnt trust me because ive never given him any reason to distrust me.

Methink you should let it go, there is nothing to it in Nigeria culture.
Besides, you will be glad you did later in life as pointed out by somebody on the thread. If it is in western culture is a different kettle of fish, you may even decides to call the police and put him in jail for doing that, nobody cares.

You can also discuss your feeling with him, if you have been the good girl above.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2011
Methink you should let it go

true.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
tpia1:

haha.

one has to wonder what type of calls underage people have to make at midnight that cant take place during the day. cheesy
she probably means free midnight calls.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by LoveKing(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides

i can read through you.you already a "bad' girl, "rebel" in the making. what you need is a great deal of freedom from your Dad to explore the world beyond. But the world is scary, pleasurable, wicked, fun, and all that. I dont see you as a minor though. wish you were in p.h, would love to see you and teach you some things. Dont get infused with the mythology thing coz you might become a lesbian.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by OCCULTIST(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Meklex:

Is either your eyes is deceiving you or your can't read well.

back to topic @ poster,your father can do what ever he wishes to do with you including sacrificing you to make more money, he is the God you see everyday,if your a good daughter you can not come here to talk this nonsense
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2011
OCCULTIST:

@Meklex:

back to topic @ poster,your father can do what ever he wishes to do with you including sacrificing you to make more money, he is the God you see everyday,if your a good daughter you can not come here to talk this nonsense
My father can do anything he likes with me? Including sacrificing me to make money? Are you for real? I bet you think a father has the right to molest his kids too. Smh. . That statement is verra disturbing.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2011
LoveKing:

Atreides

i can read through you.you already a "bad' girl, "rebel" in the making. what you need is a great deal of freedom from your Dad to explore the world beyond. But the world is scary, pleasurable, wicked, fun, and all that. I dont see you as a minor though. wish you were in p.h, would love to see you and teach you some things. Dont get infused with the mythology thing coz you might become a lesbian.
Lesbianism? Biko,how did you come up with that? Smh. . Wonders shall never end.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Meklex(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides my advice:
your father have the right to check on you and like you have already listed your do's and don'ts try and live by them and about your privacy thingy you have to be collected don't scatter pieces of debris that can implicate you especially your phone, lock it up with password and as a young girl that have known much about life(prior your mode of expressing yourself)not every teenager can really boast of that thumbs up! Try and focus on your education good grades aint enough, I would like you to send me a mail via my email(check profile) I will like to know much of you 'cos it seems you have great understanding about your life&future.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Meklex,wattpad? That means you read. What kinda books do u read?
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Meklex(m): 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2011
OCCULTIST:

@Meklex:

dude, smh! Anyway its genetic I can understand. The world don't need to make use of your kind they rather protect them young girlies from ya kind, once again. SMH!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by oyinda3(f): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides, how old are you?
you seem like a good girl who just wants your privacy. Most nigerian parents do not understand that. They do not even understand the word privacy. lol.Just make sure to stay out of trouble and give them enough reason to trust and respect you and soon they'll be out of your way.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Meklex(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

@Meklex,wattpad? That means you read. What kinda books do u read?
I literally read any book be it an article, novels, mag. Newspapers anything literary around me have been digested and absorb and I'm thinking if you can help with sites where I can download ebooks in Pdf format and about greek mythology how interesting can it be?¿
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tlops(m): 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
Poster, you said you are under 18, so there is no big deal if he's checking (after all you left it behind). you're lucky mine requests for my phone at 23 and looks through it, I am a guy oh. we just have a way of dealing with it and laughing over it, incidentally I dont delete anything so he feels the aches first hand but he loved me and we talk about things like two guys.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
Meklex:

I literally read any book be it an article, novels, mag. Newspapers anything literary around me have been digested and absorb and I'm thinking if you can help with sites where I can download ebooks in Pdf format and about greek mythology how interesting can it be?¿
for pdf go to 4shared.com. The only comma is that ebboks aren't listed or anythin,you have to search for them. Scribd.com is ok too. As for the greek bit,its fascinating to me buh you might not neccessarily like it. The intrigue,the plots,the betrayals,the hubris,immortality. . I find all that intriguing. Wierd,maybe,but then so was my serial killer phase.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2011
oyinda.:

Atreides, how old are you?
you seem like a good girl who just wants your privacy. Most nigerian parents do not understand that. They do not even understand the word privacy. lol.Just make sure to stay out of trouble and give them enough reason to trust and respect you and soon they'll be out of your way.

im 16 and seven-twelfths. . I know oh. . Most of them dont understand it. He knew i was kinda angry buh the next day he acted like nothing had happened.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2011
the next day he acted like nothing had happened

well, nothing did.

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Meklex(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

for pdf go to 4shared.com. The only comma is that ebboks aren't listed or anythin,you have to search for them. Scribd.com is ok too. As for the greek bit,its fascinating to me buh you might not neccessarily like it. The intrigue,the plots,the betrayals,the hubris,immortality. . I find all that intriguing. Wierd,maybe,but then so was my serial killer phase.
I might love to give it a try, no knowledge is wasted.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
LoveKing:

Atreides

I dont see you as a minor though. wish you were in p.h, would love to see you and teach you some things. Dont get infused with the mythology thing coz you might become a lesbian.

hmmmmmm! i see peeps already having ideas about how to 'depoil' atreides! grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by vizion: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2011
@poster
u may not like what your dad is doing to you now, however It is for the best. Most kids who grew up under this kind of parenting actually turned out good. such children where not allowed to experiment on things which they would have ended up regretting later on in life

My advice to you is to keep a cool and respectfull to ur parent, with hard work also you not look back on ur life later on and regret.

cheers
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by sandee575(f): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2011
@poster
In life there is no ideal situation. Some fathers dont care and we blame them. Some do and we still find
a reason to blame them. Parenting is not that easy and there will be some not so perfect methods while
trying to be a good parent. Feel good about your father's love for you. In my case my father caned the
living daylights out of me. He meant well.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2011
various govts and all kinds of groups are even going through people's phones and computers in the name of anti-terrorism or something else, so why should parents take the slack for doing the same.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
As long as he is not obsessive.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
How soon are you going to leave home and get some freedom?
Well if your Dad continues this way, in other types,
then pray for the day you'll start schooling come speedily.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 02, 2011
There is absolutely nothing wrong in checking your underage daughter's phone. A father does not do that simply because he is curious or does not trust his daughter, he does that because he loves her and feels the need to protect her. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with lots of folks here that such an act was an invasion of privacy, however, as I am now more matured, experienced, and wiser, I understand even more that a parent will go to any length to protect a child. I'll advise the OP to empathize with her father, and consider what she would have done if she were in his position. And also remember, the OP claimed that she is closer to her father than she is to her mother, hence, I assume the greater need to protect.

Then, I hated my mother for being nosy. But now I understand and appreciate her nosiness. When I have my kids, God knows I'll be nosy, albeit in a Tom-Clancy stealth like manner, as opposed to my loving mother's Baba-Suwe-in-your-face style.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by shilling(f): 4:05am On Jan 02, 2011
LoveKing:

Atreides

Seriously, WTH!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 02, 2011
omo_to_dun:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in checking your underage daughter's phone. A father does not do that simply because he is curious or does not trust his daughter, he does that because he loves her and feels the need to protect her. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with lots of folks here that such an act was an invasion of privacy, however, as I am now more matured, experienced, and wiser, I understand even more that a parent will go to any length to protect a child. I'll advise the OP to empathize with her father, and consider what she would have done if she were in his position. And also remember, the OP claimed that she is closer to her father than she is to her mother, hence, I assume the greater need to protect.

Then, I hated my mother for being nosy. But now I understand and appreciate her nosiness. When I have my kids, God knows I'll be nosy, albeit in a Tom-Clancy stealth like manner, as opposed to my loving mother's Baba-Suwe-in-your-face style.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Then, I hated my mother for being nosy. But now I understand and appreciate her nosiness. When I have my kids, God knows I'll be nosy, albeit in a Tom-Clancy stealth like manner, as opposed to my loving mother's Baba-Suwe-in-your-face style
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by rashylous(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2011
I fear female children, They can be very difficult to Nurture/Train.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / I Am Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.