Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28157 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Fcwilly: 5:14pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well

It doesn't, DNA don't change
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by evictor305: 5:15pm On Jan 20
I have answers to the two questions asked 1) The initial test result was not correct, she has been AS all along 2) if you insist to marry each other, you may consider adoption because it is to risky to have your own biological together, otherwise the problems that may arise may over shadow the love you claimed to have for eachother so use your head right now and not your heart
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nicepoker(m): 5:16pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
I thank God your ignorance will not affect that relationship and if it does it would serve as a lesson for people that bring such sensitive issue to a forum with so many illiterates. By saying illiterates I give credit to their good command of English to their smartphones.
Its like you have just misinterpreted your navigational coordinates. What is wrong with you.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Kaido: 5:17pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
I have done my genotype twice and both results AA. It will be funny seeing AS the third time. grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20
sleek214:
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was AA.
Laboratories.. I mean lots of laboratories will never tell you to come back for another test because of power outage. It takes minutes for a blood culture to be inaccurate. Ever wondered why most people are AA until they start to have issues. I WAS A VICTIM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Anwons(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe

There is this saying that missed or escaped animal from a trap are always big.
Relationship that has issues bothering on genotype and disagreement from parents are the most amazing and interesting ones for the people involved.

Very difficult for any of the partner to call it off, if the man mentions it, the lady will act as if that's the end of the world. All infatuation and inability to live up to responsibility.

Over all, be strong and decisive, same to ladies, you won't regret it later

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by NinjaMetahuman: 5:19pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
Your looking in the wrong place bro
genotype csnnot change dude..

Phenotype has different definition.

Genotype is who you are. If it can change, then you are totally a different person your parent gave birth to.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:19pm On Jan 20
Nicepoker:
Its like you have just misinterpreted your navigational coordinates.
On Google Map abi Nairaland. How can you assume something is wrong with me if something isn't (definitely is) wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nicepoker(m): 5:24pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
On Google Map abi Nairaland. How can you assume something is wrong with me if something isn't (definitely is) wrong with you.
I will just ban this account. Don't provoke me pls. grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by CaptainFM1: 5:26pm On Jan 20
Always tilt your assumption and caution on the worst side.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by AgbaDesigner(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20
Another miracle cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20
Nicepoker:
I will just ban this account. Don't provoke me pls. grin
If you read my contribution. It could be an opportunity to know something new. Ban me 😀... e no move me. Nairaland na once in a blue moon. A whole lotta funny people.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maigemuu: 5:29pm On Jan 20
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

Why do you seem interested in this? It's his life and choice!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by UnemployedGradu: 5:30pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
lie! Am a .., phenotypic characters changes but genotypical traits doesn't change!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ChelseaDr(m): 5:31pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
Kai. I'm sure it wasn't forged. Why would she forge a test result?

Bro, emotions should not be combined with a serious issue as this.

If you are in doubt, then both of you should look for a facility that can do this test to actually confirm your genotype status.... the test is called HPLC (HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID-BASED CHROMATOGRAPHY)

Cheers!!

Ps:
As has been pointed out earlier, genotype does not change, its either the person that did such test is an amateur or the right instrument was not used.

To say that genotype can change is the same as saying that one's finger print can also change, no it doesn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by UnemployedGradu: 5:34pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

I hope Moses bliss didn't test genotype on that his fiancee too, that girl don enter my eye oh.

Op drop your bae's number, am AA.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by idtiwo: 5:34pm On Jan 20
Genotype changes for reason unknown to me. Before i got married, my fiancee and I went for genotype test in a reputable lab recommended by her church as that was the first condition given to us by her church before we could start marriage counselling. When we finished counseling in her church, it was the turn of my own church to do another round of counselling and they also referred us to do a genotype test which we also complied with.

Both labs sent our results directly to the two churches and the results were AA for both of us. Five years into the marriage after we've had two kids already, she had a medical issue and they had to do medical test for her and behold, her genotype result was AS. This shocked me and both of us had to go do another test in another lab again to confirm the new test result and while mine remained AA , her was confirmed again as AS. When the marriage clocked 15 years, myself and her and all our kids went for a fresh round of genotype test and all of us except my wife are AA with my wife as the only AS.

So genotype does change but i don't know the medical mystery behind it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by benqo01(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20
The fault is from her she assumed she was AA,the recent test results shows she is AS
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by seanery: 5:35pm On Jan 20
To be sure, just go ahead and marry.

Make una born a child ; then if the child turnOut to be Sickle Cellers, that means sey HE DON BE FOR UNA BE THAT.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akube34: 5:35pm On Jan 20
Anwons:

There is this saying that missed or escaped animal from a trap are always big.
Relationship that has issues bothering on genotype and disagreement from parents are the most amazing and interesting ones for the people involved.

Very difficult for any of the partner to call it off, if the man mentions it, the lady will act as if that's the end of the world. All infatuation and inability to live up to responsibility.

Over all, be strong and decisive, same to ladies, you won't regret it later
break this down well to me. What is the message
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by occfx: 5:36pm On Jan 20
efembaba:

Initial result was wrong... She should confirm the gene of her parents.. If one is AS then she is AS

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sammirano: 5:36pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:

With this your analysis persin go don change to AC like this oo grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nicepoker(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
If you read my contribution. It could be an opportunity to know something new. Ban me 😀... e no move me. Nairaland na once in a blue moon. A whole lotta funny people.
I have deleted that your initial contribution. Post it again let me see. grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by micxwell(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20
Primebuilders:
My dear it's possible and there is a cause for it. The cause is Maleria drugs we are taking. It happened to me. I was AA when I was in school. But during our marriage I discovered I was AS though my wife wife was AA.
Research have shown that regular intakes if Maleria drugs changes ones genotype to AA to AS. I met a herbal/medical doctor who told me this. He was trained overseas and is the only doctor I know that booast of curing Sickle cell disease. Yes he cures it. And the guys is in Nigeria at the moment.
He told me that sickle cell disease is an African man disease because of the prevelent of mosquitoes. That the Maleria drugs we take to cure mosquitoes changes people's genotype.

If possible reach me in this matter.
Research! I will love to read the paper.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by femi4: 5:39pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well
Lolz ..it doesn't change.

This stuff below are your identity for life

Fingerprint
Blood group n
Genotype
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Validated: 5:39pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
Very wrong post here. Genotype does not change.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Larrycool1234(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20
No Doubt the first result was fake ...... Abeg wetin I know sef
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20
Nicepoker:
I have deleted that your initial contribution. Post it again let me see. grin
I don't have time for unserious persons. You should consider it a rare privilege. Go and find something better to do with your time.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Machinegun91(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20
Women are manipulative in nature

Be careful with her before she change your own genotype
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nicepoker(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
I don't have time for unserious persons. You should consider it a rare privilege. Go and find something better to do with your time.
You can never be a good teacher you lack patience. grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by vibrogazmo(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20
It doesn't change; either of the results are wrong.
Or it could be that she assumed, just like you did, that her genotype is AA (but since you debunked that already).

You might want to do a third confirmatory test to guide your decision.

It could be due to faulty equipment or lack of technical KNOW HOW.
Either way, don't continue without a confirmatory test (you could even do a second confirmatory test).

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20
Nicepoker:
You can never be a good teacher you lack patience. grin
You are quick to judge yourself. You don't even know me. Patience... to me mean I'm still chatting with you bro 😆

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Friends Bust Married Nigerian Man Playing Them In U.k / Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / Here Are 5 Places You Can Touch To Make Your Man Scream With Pleasure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.