Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,517 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

9gerian's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9gerian's Profile / 9gerian's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 93 pages)

Foreign Affairs / Re: There Is No Victory For The Poor Ukrainians - Hungary PM, Orban by 9gerian: 9:06am On May 24, 2023
A terrible stunt imo. The Ukrainian people were never truly considered in all of these.

The question is: did Zelenski know before the invasion that the US and NATO will not be directly intervening in the war, and if yes, why was Ukraine then adamant in refusing to negotiate, and in a way giving Russia no other option. It is on record that prior to the Russian invasion, the Ukrainian military had killed about 14,000 ethnic Russians in the Donbas region since 2014, and that they were trying to finish off the Russian insurgents (imminent in December 2022) before Russia took up the challenge to protect its ethnic population in Eastern Ukraine.

The Minsk 2 agreement should have been renegotiated as it only mainly required Ukraine neutrality and autonomy for the Donbas people. Win-win when you consider that you are dealing with a superpower who is right next door. Look at Cuba today, just because it confronted a neighboring superpower, the US in the 1960s. That nation has remained a shadow of itself. Same fate awaits Ukraine.

And yes, maybe the deal was considered by some Ukrainians and nato as an affront and a molestation by Russia (which is how things are viewed culturally), but a potential war is far much worse. Ukrainians voted Zelenski because he promise them he would pursue peace. Cooler heads could have prevailed and the rhetoric to join NATO dropped to save the day.

And yes, the US would have done exactly the same as Russia against a Cuba or Mexico or Venezuela that decides to bring an enemy military alliance into its hemisphere or border to challenge it.

Now the EU is losing its competitive advantage against other blocks, and the US is equally losing its geopolitical influence. This is whilst the petrodollar is gradually being migrated away from, as more nations explore dumping.

This has been one big destructive experiment by the west. May God give all the concerned leaders and people the wisdom to end the war early enough before it gets to a nuclear exchange, which would definitely force an end to the war anyways.

Adjovi:
Only an idiot will in the first place expect Ukraine to beat Russia in battle.....NATO cannot save Ukraine the earlier Ukraine goes back to the Minsk agreement the better for them. NATO cannot do more than they are doing. The fighter jets they want to give Ukraine stands no chance against Russias air defence system which is the best air defence system in the world ahead of Israel's iron Dome self. The more the war rages on, the tighter the doors of peace closes on Ukraine.......

1 Like

Culture / Re: Anthony Ani Proclaimed New Obong Of Calabar by 9gerian: 1:19pm On May 23, 2023
The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a first step even if such has previously not been taken. Let the Obong start from wherever is community is currently.

seguno2:

Please how will investors come to a place where every child is not educated and even those educated are not in public schools with adequate professional teachers
Culture / Re: Anthony Ani Proclaimed New Obong Of Calabar by 9gerian: 12:01pm On May 23, 2023

1 Like

Politics / Re: Oil Mogul, Jack-rich Celebrates Wife, Dr Elizabeth @30 by 9gerian: 11:23am On May 23, 2023
Happy birthday sweet Ondo woman. Lucky billionaire her husband is!

bestofnollywood:
Dr Elizabeth Jack-Rich on Thursday, May 18, clocked 30, and prominent Nigerians, including her husband, Tein Jack-Rich, have set out to celebrate this delectable beauty and impressive brains.

Extolling the virtues of his wife in a special birthday message, Jack-Rich said his wife's birthday celebration would be a unity and peace advocacy event, to be held in Lagos on Tuesday, May 23.

The All Progressives Congress (APC), frontline Presidential Aspirant, said the celebration would be an instrument to gather Nigerians in leadership and persons from all walks of life, to share love and break bread.

He said: ``I am greatly honoured and privileged to say that it came as an occasion of good tidings to continue to speak to Nigerians at home and abroad, sharing the need for a new dawn in our great Country.

``Your service to humanity shall fetch the needed cohesion for a rebirth, and to achieve public good.’’

And is his usual selflessness and love to humanity and country, Jack-Rich envisions his wife’s birthday celebration as a tool for cohesion, unity and sharing of love.

``As your birthday throws the smiles of a new beginning needed for a prosperous and more sustainable future, under cutting-edge visionary leadership, participants shall leave fulfilled.

``I am sure your birthday celebration shall usher in that hope for secured peace, renewed hope for the less opportune, supplies for the good and advancement of society,’’ he said.

Born to Jewish Nigerian parents from Owoh, Ondo State, Mrs Jack Rich, is a philanthropist, an entrepreneur and business mogul.

She is the Chief Executive Officer of Elin Group Limited, Rich Aid Foundation (EJRAF), an organisation with a vision to empower youths and women, eradicate poverty, promote education, health and financial inclusion, whilst preventing child and drug abuse in underserved communities in Nigeria.  

Her vision to add value to humanity is aligned with her husband's unending passion to improve the lives of striving individuals.

Source:
https://applesbite.com/apc-presidential-aspirant-oil-mogul-jack-rich-celebrates-wife-dr-elizabeth-30-a-celebration-of-love-and-unity/

1 Like

Crime / Re: Albert Umbetyarov (Judo Star) Burnt To Death By Envious Teammates by 9gerian: 7:25am On May 23, 2023
Mob action is like spiritual possession. Usually involves ignorant people doing crazy things they would later regret…
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Hangout: Asari Dokubo, Popular Archbishop, Other Big Wings Attend Day 5 by 9gerian: 7:16am On May 23, 2023
Honestly…

OGIBRA:
JAGABAN MUST NOT DISSAPOINT O

1 Like

Politics / Re: Tinubu Cabinet: Muslims Lobby President-elect For More Ministers Than Christians by 9gerian: 9:19am On May 22, 2023
The Christians have been very tolerant and peaceful. Will the north have tolerated a Christian-Christian ticket? Of course not. We know how the north erupted in violence because Jonathan won the 2011 election. There is nothing unusual with the church openly expressing its concerns in the heat of all the attacks that have been going on mainly from Islamic insurgents. Would the Muslims have kept quiet if the tables were turned? So let’s not pretend and try to act like everything is okay because the Muslim-Muslim ticket was declared as winning the election.

The real work starts after inauguration and the choice is Tinubu’s whether he wants to go down the dark part of playing religion and tribe and in a similar manner and end with Buhari’s type of legacy breeding distrust, disconnection and retrogression of the country while clutching straws to hype as a legacy.

It is groups such as MURIC that are the evil ones in the society that must be kept faraway having seen that a controversial Muslim-Muslim ticket is already enough issue, is trying to double down further instead of seeking a commensurate balance to assuage all frayed nerves, and rightly so. Trust the Yorubas to move against Tinubu in droves quickly if he dares go down that path.

Lanre1st:

It true but BAT should also know that Christians community (CAN and churches leader) were against him becoming the president, though he can’t marginalized Christians but he should be fair to Muslims in Muslim majority state that’s the ASK, they are the one who backed him most during last election
Politics / Re: Tinubu Cabinet: Muslims Lobby President-elect For More Ministers Than Christians by 9gerian: 8:50am On May 22, 2023
MURIC, the one man organization that tries to be relevant by seeking religious controversies.

The self acclaimed professor should be kept faraway because nobody takes him seriously in the SW where he is always trying to create divisions.

ucheicon:
How's is Taraba and Nasarawa a muslim-majority state? Who says that all southwestern states are Muslim majority states?🤔

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Gunmen Raid Anambra Town Kill Many Burn Them Alive - (Graphic Photos) by 9gerian: 1:43pm On May 20, 2023
How can the police carry out their duties effectively when even they must worry about their own safety being one of the prime targets during attacks in Anambra?

The people must be resolute and decide what they want.

Originalsly:

I suggest you read the topic ... at least twice .... go over your comment ... at least thrice .... to see if it is relevant to the topic.

I'm not at all surprised at the killings..... and these will continue as long as the Police do not carry out their duties and the residents do nothing but complain to each other.
Politics / Re: Gunmen Raid Anambra Town Kill Many Burn Them Alive - (Graphic Photos) by 9gerian: 9:09am On May 20, 2023
But won’t that narrative be hard seeing that Yorubas aren’t nomadic or known for going to other people’s towns to strive against them or make trouble?

Staphylococcus:

They won’t blame Buhari/Fulani again since he will be leaving office. Tinubu and Yoruba’s will be next in their blame list.

One even said, it’s Iran that’s attacking them, because they are Jews

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Gunmen Kill Businessman, Edwin Umealo, In Anambra by 9gerian: 8:31am On May 20, 2023
Was the meeting scheduled to lure him out of his base?

EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/gunmen-kill-businessman-in-anambra/
Celebrities / Re: Saint Obi's Family Reacts To Zik Zulu's Allegations Against His Widow by 9gerian: 8:01am On May 19, 2023
Then they should call her bluff and expose her once and for all if this narrative is the truth.

Their brother is dead- that is the biggest loss. That the children will not attend their father’s funeral should not be made more important than exposing what really happened to the man.

Krublog:
The widow don threaten them to debunk the allegations or never see the kids again.

This is according to sources privy to the matter.

Next you'd read will be battle for the kids.

Heads up:
The kids will not attend their father's funeral.

You heard it from me first...
Education / Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by 9gerian: 11:56pm On May 15, 2023
1,163th position in the global 2,000. We used to have about 3-5 under 1,000th, and 1or 2 under 500th.

Islie:

https://punchng.com/breaking-ui-unn-unilag-shine-in-global-varsity-ranking/?amp
Food / Re: Hilda Baci Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon by 9gerian: 10:58am On May 15, 2023
So is Hilda a hater for breaking the former record holder’s record?

Records are there to be broken! grin

Ge0grapher:
Another hater from one mumu country go come break the record again..

1 Like

Politics / Re: Gatwick Airport London Is Not Own By Yoruba Man ignore the lies by 9gerian: 7:57pm On May 14, 2023
Thank you for this clarification.

raskymonojendor:

The average Ibo man harbours so much hate and envy in his heart.

I don't know how you guys go to bed every night with such burden in your hearts. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: "Couple Arrested" Update On Little Girl Rescued From Her "Madam" (pics/video) by 9gerian: 5:28am On May 14, 2023
Which busy type? Can’t he see the child?

Revolution2022:
Being a busy type, the husband may not be part of the child's molestation but he may have seen the little child's disfigured face but kept quiet.
However women seems to be the one;s crying over domestic violence against their husband.Meanwhile,they are the perpetrators of domestic violence against their maid and relatives whom they brought from the village in pretext that they want to give them a sound education.
Awon Ekweremadu them.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Charles Inojie Escapes Death From Collapsed Water Tank (Video) by 9gerian: 11:59am On May 13, 2023
Galvanized steel scaffolding structure rusts over long years of use, and therefore collapse suddenly.

Constructed concrete structures are better over time.

MasterJayJay:
They won't investigate the person that constructed that nonsense, until he constructs the one that will finally kill many people

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: I Mistakenly Impregnated My Troublesome Baby Mama by 9gerian: 9:16am On May 13, 2023
The village people won!

Fabulozz:
As titled above. I made the worst mistake in my life impregnating my baby mama for the second time. She and her mother had given me so much trouble in the past. I don't even know what came out of me to start sleeping with her again. Boom she is pregnant and has refused to abort.

She want me to pay her brideprice or else she will tell my wife. If only I had control my manhood I would have not found myself in this terrible situation.

What should I do now mature advice please?

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Falz Undergoes Knee Surgery In UK (Photos, Video) by 9gerian: 6:56am On May 11, 2023
Don’t know if he attacked tinubu about his sickness and treatment but I have seen and therefore learnt how to avoid criticizing or jeering at others for any personal challenges such as sickness that they face because karma seem to locate people who do so with haste.

Quick recovery to the vibrant musician and activist!

DeleTaller:
get well soon... but I must say this....this guy is one of those that attacked Tinubu online when he went for knee surgery... I hope he understands how life is now.... imagine of this is Tinubu..... I am certain someone like him would have attacked again for using London hospital.....

nevertheless..get well soon
Politics / Re: May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines by 9gerian: 2:21pm On May 10, 2023
Deliberately being a troll? No time!

lexy2014:

It seems you didn't understand the questions.

1. Which tensions are increasing?

2. how is that responsible for asking airlines to move their planes out of the airport?

3. How do idle planes parked at the airport affect inauguration?

4. Who are the "world visitors"?

1 Like

Politics / Re: May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines by 9gerian: 1:27pm On May 10, 2023
After that airport drama, a lot of people will be under scrutiny.

Add to that the historical accounts of the coups of 1966 and their contributing buildup, and the recent visit of election protesters mostly of a particular stock of people to the military defense headquarters to solicit an intervention, then the extreme measures that are unfolding will not be surprising.

lexy2014:

Which tensions are increasing?

how is that responsible for asking airlines to move their planes out of the airport?

How do idle planes parked at the airport affect inauguration?

Who are the "world visitors"?

Politics / Re: May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines by 9gerian: 8:10am On May 10, 2023
Tensions are increasing, and every attempt to scuttle the swearing in is being preempted and addressed.

Extreme Anti-Terrorist kind of preparations to host world visitors etc

lexy2014:

What is currently going on and how is that responsible for asking airlines to move their planes out of the airport?

How do idle planes parked at the airport affect inauguration?
Politics / Re: May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines by 9gerian: 7:39am On May 10, 2023
Even if this would happen, it maybe safer to tone down the rhetoric and allow the judiciary to do their job with some air of freedom as it should be.

This approach that is currently playing out is looking more problematic whichever way the pendulum would have swung, and may force things in a predictable direction citing security reasons that may take priority.

For instance, there would have been no need to move out airplanes but because of all that is currently going on, a line is being drawn in the ground in a rather resolute manner.

The cerebral with thinking caps are highly needed now more than ever.

abdulskulboy:
His Excellency, Dr. Peter Gregory Obi, the people's president elect of the federal republic of Nigeria is ready to be inaugurated on May 29, 2023 as president of Nigeria.

Tribunal and supreme court will declare him as the people mandate on May 28, 2023.

Wait for it... Obi kwenu...
Business / Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 9gerian: 9:54am On May 09, 2023
Otedola would make profit because he would have sold his newly bought shares at the prevailing market rate.

SeunDAssLicker:

You’re naive to think Otedola made any profit. Why would his shares be bought by Tony when there are millions more of ordinary shares..

Secondly, Otedola had to dispose his shares because if he doesn’t, Tony can easily take Firstbank from him with the %25 liquidity he put in Transcorp in one day.

Otedola made the right call by moving on, else he would have lost on two fronts. Firstly he doesn’t have enough shares to unseat Elumelu at transcorp.

Secondly if he decides to make it an open challenge, then he would have lost firstbank since Tony is in the banking business and has unlimited access to loans from Uba to snatch First Bank from Femi.

6 Likes

Business / Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 9gerian: 9:51am On May 09, 2023
But isn’t that the game in business though?

Keep your cards close to your chest. Ain’t no friendship in business.

chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by 9gerian: 5:25pm On May 06, 2023
Chief amongst the factors is the economic downturn caused by Russia-Ukraine war that has engulfed most parts of Europe, and by extension the world.

lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.
Romance / Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 9gerian: 7:33am On May 06, 2023
How does this research article support or contradict your observation?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8303102/

Straybullet:

Sure it's an opinion, but the available evidence weighs heavily In my favour....unopposed estrogen action by postinor preventing pregnancy, exposure to human papilloma virus from sex, age to give both enough time to produce the myomata.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Why Is Atiku Not Pushing As Obi In The Tribunals by 9gerian: 9:28pm On May 05, 2023
Temperance perhaps, especially since he knows the ropes both as a beneficiary of an election (2003) that was contested in court, and equally as someone challenging the outcome of an election (2019).

Chimok:
Was he just in the race to muddle water (spoil things) for Obi?
Politics / Re: Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini by 9gerian: 7:26pm On May 05, 2023
He might not meet any Waterloo as not all cases of betrayals end in Waterloo. Let everybody be careful about the implications of their ventures. Always consider the pros and cons and leave no room for anyone (no matter how seemingly innocent) to have the advantage to turn things against you without any backup defense or well thought out plan to control the prevailing narrative.

Some people couldn’t care at all how they succeed or how their success affects you as long as they get what they want and are fine.

Thekaghan:
Sharp guy it was all planned by himself and his loved ones back in Nigeria. He is a greedy type someone like him will eventually meet his waterloo one way or the other. Serves the Ikweremadu family right because he is a typical Nigerian politician they are used to doing things through backdoor. His restitution plan should be to build massive medical infrastructure back home in Nigeria so that his gang of thieves here in Nigeria won’t meet the same faith grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: "I Owe Nothing": Shehu Sani Applauds Tinubu For Not Falling For Wike's Tricks by 9gerian: 5:58pm On May 04, 2023
It is actually a balancing act that any president must learn so as not to create problems that arise from unduly favoring any side against the other.

Remember some of the APC stalwarts are already unhappy with the romance between tinubu and wike.

Warl0ck:
Hope SS people are seeing the real traitors between SE & SWaste

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 93 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.