Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (753249 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2014
UBKtech:

You don't have to, however you need to apply for another visa to continue to stay in Australia legally even though you may have been granted a visa for the whole length of your program.

The degree awarding institution will give a time frame within which the offer is valid, if you are still interested in the degree component after this timeframe, you will need to apply and be assessed like every other applicant.
thank you bro for this info. pls can u give me info for all d required docs for SVP when applying for visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria:
thank you bro for this info. pls can u give me info for all d required docs for SVP when applying for visa.
I am not versed in student things ooo, I am more comfortable on the PR turf. I believe students in the house will do justice to your question

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2014
@Pratz
What subclass of student visa is he holding? is he studying for TAFe, Bsc, Msc or PhD? Your answer to these will determine your eligibility.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria:

Read back a few pages...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2014
bossladyMo:

Read back a few pages...
thanks sis, I don't av problem in reading it as a matter of fact av read from beginning to d end, I guess it was among d affected part during nairaland dark period. better still if u know d part or session now it is I will be glad.
nevertheless it will be much appreciated if I can av it here for me and for others too...tanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria:
thanks sis, I don't av problem in reading it as a matter of fact av read from beginning to d end, I guess it was among d affected part during nairaland dark period. better still if u know d part or session now it is I will be glad.
nevertheless it will be much appreciated if I can av it here for me and for others too...tanks.

Nope, it'snot part of the lost pages. It is less than 10 pages back.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Gbengadan(m): 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hello peeps, I am Gbenga and a new person on this thread. How do i go abt getting an Aussie visa with ease and devoid of fraudsters? I wish ti leave this shores to work or study abroad.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Gbengadan: Hello peeps, I am Gbenga and a new person on this thread. How do i go abt getting an Aussie visa with ease and devoid of fraudsters? I wish ti leave this shores to work or study abroad.

You have to make up your mind on what you are going to do in Aussie because Aussie no be like "meatpie" that you just enter like that you need plans
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Gbengadan(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
yea, i know. I really wanna develop my person academically there as i also get to work too
lovelydamsel:

You have to make up your mind on what you are going to do in Aussie because Aussie no be like "meatpie" that you just enter like that you need plans
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Pratz: PLEASE REPLY..VERY URGENT

Hi guys,
A friend of mine who is married to a person on Australian student visa got pregnant (1-2 months).Can she apply for her spouse visa OR not?
will the embassy grant her visa or will she have to wait for the baby...and after that she can apply and come to australia??
plz plz reply.,thanks

When the student who has the visa was applying did he declare his spouse? If he did she has no issue. She can go ahead and apply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
i don't get this part in application form,
***how will u be funded...self funded, private sponsor, home govt n other?
my immediate bro is sponsoring me. whc one can I pick pls!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by profemoral(m): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria: i don't get this part in application form,

Private sponsor I think
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
laminaria: i don't get this part in application form,
help bro here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ikenolo: 1:12am On Sep 06, 2014
Please guys, I saw a new visa program from the Australian Immigration site called "Subclass 600". Please have anyone ever lodged an application using it for the purpose of visit and how did it work...Please I need responses. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Pratz: 3:56am On Sep 06, 2014
he went overseas for marriage and hasnt come back yet and hasnt applied for his spouse visa...so u mean he has to declare his wife name and then she can apply?
p
malkinburg:

When the student who has the visa was applying did he declare his spouse? If he did she has no issue. She can go ahead and apply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by henrinco(m): 4:11am On Sep 06, 2014
I graduated in pschology with CGPA of 4.4. PLEASE how can I get MSC scholarship in Aussie?.
Thanks.... love you all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2014
henrinco: I graduated in pschology with CGPA of 4.4. PLEASE how can I get MSC scholarship in Aussie?.
Thanks.... love you all.

In most cases, scholarships, albeit very competitive are available for MPhil and PhD programs. You'll have to check individual universities' website to ascertain scholarship availability for MSc Psych programs.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by henrinco(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2014
FutureDon:
In most cases, scholarships, albeit very competitive are available for MPhil and PhD programs. You'll have to check individual universities' website to ascertain scholarship availability for MSc Psych programs.
Thank you dear...... I will check the universities website now. Progress report will be made available here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pratz: he went overseas for marriage and hasnt come back yet and hasnt applied for his spouse visa...so u mean he has to declare his wife name and then she can apply?
p
I tot he married her before he left. In this case I guess more experienced pple in the house will have to step in and make suggestions. But whatever be the case I am sure there should be a pathway she could use to get to oz on his student visa.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
The world's most livable city is .....MELBOURNE. FOUR YEARS AND COUNTING

The scores are calculated by assigning every city a rating across categories including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure and culture and environment.

The best-scoring cities tend to be medium in size, located in wealthier countries and have relatively low population density.

Eight of the top ten most liveable cities are in Australia or Canada.

Premier Denis Napthine said low crime rates, world-class healthcare and leading education institutions had all played a part in Melbourne taking out the top award for another year.

“This is a great result for Melbourne and Victoria,” Dr Napthine said.

“It’s terrific to know that we scored the perfect score in healthcare, education, infrastructure and sport, and we got terrific scores in culture and environment and in stability.”

Lord Mayor Robert Doyle said he was proud that Melbourne had received the top honour.

“To be named the world’s most liveable city for four consecutive years is a great honour and a testament to the enviable lifestyle that Melbourne’s offers,” the Lord Mayor said.

“Safety, sustainability and smart growth have been the keys to Melbourne’s liveability and prosperity.”

He said the high scores in health and education were “particularly pleasing”.

The Economist says its ranking report, which scores lifestyle categories across 140 cities, shows average liveability across the world had fallen by 0.7% since 2009, led by a 1.3% fall in the score for stability and safety.

“While this may seem marginal it highlights that over 50 of the cities surveyed have seen declines in liveability over the last five years,” it says.
“Recent conflicts in Ukraine and the Middle East have underlined continuing fallout from a decade of destabilising events ranging from the war in Iraq to the Palestinian Intifada and the Arab Spring.”

Melbourne has rated highly on other similar indexes, including third on global trends and lifestyle magazine Monocle’s Quality of Life Survey behind Copenhagen and Tokyo.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
TOP TEN MOST LIVEABLE CITIES

1. Melbourne, Australia

2. Vienna, Austria

3. Vancouver, Canada

4. Toronto, Canada

5. Adelaide, Australia

6. Calgary, Canada

7. Sydney, Australia

8. Helsinki, Finland

9. Perth, Australia

10. Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-named-worlds-most-liveable-city-for-fourth-straight-year/story-fni0fit3-1227029112848?nk=0d1fc9f4a63e459cd2a644c34248c2f0
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
(CNN) -- The Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) claims its annual Liveability Survey could be used to "assign a hardship allowance as part of expatriate relocation packages," among other things.

But that needn't apply to those in Melbourne, which for the fourth year running has been declared the best city in the world to live.

Melbourne: Australia's sporting capital?

Coffee tasting in Melbourne

Exploring Melbourne's unique music scene The Australian culture hub was buoyed by superlative healthcare, infrastructure and education as well as a murder rate of 3.1 per 100,000 people, half the global average of 6.2.

Melbourne's total score of 97.5, assessed on various factors such as "stability" and "culture and environment," as well as those mentioned above, was just 0.1 points above Vienna, which scored identically across all categories to Melbourne except culture and environment.

The top 10 list hasn't changed since 2011 and of the 140 cities surveyed, only 20 changed score in the last year.

"Over half of the changes taking place over the past 12 months have been driven by deteriorating scores," said the report, "with instability re-emerging as a key factor in influencing global scores.

"Events in Ukraine, in particular, have had significant knock-on effects for cities such as Kiev, Moscow and St Petersburg.

"Localized instability has also affected locations like Bangkok.

"The score of Damascus in Syria has continued to decline, although the escalation in Iraq is not reflected in our ranking because Baghdad is not included in the survey."

Tehran in Iran, Tripoli in Libya and Amman in Jordan saw their scores improve, having "enjoyed periods of relative stability following significant falls in liveability."

But over the last five years, global liveability has declined overall, "highlighting the fact that the last five years have been characterized by heightened unrest in the wake of the global economic crisis."

Kiev (Ukraine), Tripoli (Libya) and Damascus (Syria) have seen the biggest falls in liveability over the last five years, says the report.

Melbourne's cafe culture isn't the only reason to visit. 10 most liveable cities

1. Melbourne

2. Vienna, Austria

3. Vancouver, British Columbia

4. Toronto

=5. Adelaide, Australia

=5. Calgary, Alberta

7. Sydney

8. Helsinki, Finland

9. Perth, Australia

10. Auckland, New Zealand

10 least liveable cities

131. Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire

132. Tripoli, Libya

133. Douala, Cameroon

134. Harare, Zimbabwe

135. Algiers, Algeria

136. Karachi, Pakistan

137. Lagos, Nigeria

138. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

139. Dhaka, Bangladesh

140. Damascus, Syria

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/19/travel/most-liveable-city-2014/
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 4:20am On Sep 07, 2014
jennykadry:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/19/travel/most-liveable-city-2014/
nice smiley
jenny, I think you could create another thread with this info so the mod mr justwise can move it to fp.
just a suggestion
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2014
Please i have a question, it seems simple but i need clarifications on it. Is there any difference between getting married in ikeja registry and ikoyi registry, i need to know its impact on travelling purposes before i start stressing myself and wasting money on ikoyi registry?.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2014
okesammie: Please i have a question, it seems simple but i need clarifications on it. Is there any difference between getting married in ikeja registry and ikoyi registry, i need to know its impact on travelling purposes before i start stressing myself and wasting money on ikoyi registry?.

Ikeja registry is a state registry, while Ikoyi registry is a federal registry. No difference really...but people, such as me, prefer the federal way. My own belief is that local governments can easily be changed, split or rendered invalid....but it will take a lot for Nigeria as a whole to be changed in any way. Long and short, there is more marriage documentation security. But both are equally as valid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2014
bossladyMo:

Ikeja registry is a state registry, while Ikoyi registry is a federal registry. No difference really...but people, such as me, prefer the federal way. My own belief is that local governments can easily be changed, split or rendered invalid....but it will take a lot for Nigeria as a whole to be changed in any way. Long and short, there is more marriage documentation security. But both are equally as valid.
Thanks bosslady
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2014
I wondered if anyone lives in Brissy, Kelvin Groove or Herston, QLD. Also, is anyone attending UQ or QUT on here? I need some cue pleaseeeee.

bossladyMo, I hail you plenty.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2014
Good morning guys please who has written this ielts exams?and how long does it before the results are out.trying to register for sept 20 or 2nd october.and what is the exam like.

Justwise thank you for letting me come back;please don't ban me again o smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2014
lovelydamsel: Good morning guys please who has written this ielts exams?and how long does it before the results are out.trying to register for sept 20 or 2nd october.and what is the exam like.

Justwise thank you for letting me come back;please don't ban me again o smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2014
FutureDon: I wondered if anyone lives in Brissy, Kelvin Groove or Herston, QLD. Also, is anyone attending UQ or QUT on here? I need some cue pleaseeeee.

bossladyMo, I hail you plenty.

I hail you back! We go dey jam for QLD...lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
equlibrium please come to my aid o or any student here? I need your help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
bossladyMo: I hail you back! We go dey jam for QLD...lol

By God's grace smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.