Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,544 members, 7,955,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777430 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please o it seems am the only one ielts does not want to register I have been having issues with their site.'M really tired since yesterday evening till now I can't register and they are giving me 20th of sept and I want to register for oct 2nd.I don tire o
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
bellong: Yes, Fatayi Williams issues certificate.

I was issued one. Its more like a written document stating OPV has been administered on you.

Thanks for the clarification sir. ....hmmn and that fine girl nurse dey tell me another thing.. shocked
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
deaero: please do send me the name of the schools you applied directly. My school is opening by 13th of oct. and I also have maybe 3 Extra weeks. That maybe on my enrolment. Am hoping my bro comes with this back statement. I may have to cancel my enrolment and look for another school. Can I get ur private contact. Like BBM or mail. Pls
lemi just ans here.
edith cowan university (ecu) perth and university of southern queensland (usq) brisbane.
both responded to me directly. I accepted the offer from ecu over usq cos of program content.
my observations though is that ecu is faster in responding, to your application, if you run into any hitch and mail them, they always respond within 48hours and lastly they are excellent to talk with on the phone and I call them alot.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dav6: Deaero kindly forget about BCIE and ask for the refund of ur money to avoid creating unnecessary problem for yourself with my experience on this thread from people that had encounter with BCIE I wud suggest that u avoid them like plague...Process another skol,get ur COE and lunch ur application thank God you are for SVP....pls dnt rush...my 2cent
deaero, I support this arguement too
cancel this enrollment and look for another sch.
this time do not use an agent.
on the plus side I am almost certain ecu and usq will charge cheaper tuition than the sch you were dealing with b4 as that is also one of the key reasons I picked tje schs too.
finally, do not be too downcast with your bcie experience, take what lessons you can from it and move on.
bcie botched my visa application to Canada twice in 2013, at that time I hadn't even heard a word about Oz, now I feel like if I knew all I know now I would never have gone to bcie, I would never have applied to Canada and I would almost be rounding up my program by now.
My point is I am a year behind the "grand plan"! But the plan is moving small small, thats what matters.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
bellong:

Yes, Fatayi Williams issues certificate.

I was issued one. Its more like a written document stating OPV has been administered on you.

Did you frontload medicals, or dd you wait to be told? If you waited, hoe long did it take foryou toget a CO?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
@equillibrum: what time do you get to talk to them? I always catch them at the wrong time of day.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
FutureDon:

Thanks for the clarification sir. ....hmmn and that fine girl nurse dey tell me another thing.. shocked

Welcome bro...
bossladyMo:
Did you frontload medicals, or dd you wait to be told? If you waited, hoe long did it take foryou toget a CO?

I frontloaded it. I may not have time when a CO is allocated.

I think frontloading is better in a way. Makes things faster except there's additional information needed from you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
coldgate: @equillibrum: what time do you get to talk to them? I always catch them at the wrong time of day.
if you are talking ecu, I always call them 7-9am here which is like 2-4pm there I believe.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
FutureDon:

I was initially worried about this too smiley. You'll be re/vaccinated at Fatayi-Willams Clinic (not sure about Abuja). I think the price is around 2,500 - I can't remember for sure.

@futuredon, please do I need to include the polio vaccination cert. In my application, even if I am not doing my medicals until am told to? And secondly, does my spouse and kids too do same or can I use my kids immunization card for them? Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
bellong:

Welcome bro...

I frontloaded it. I may not have time when a CO is allocated.

I think frontloading is better in a way. Makes things faster except there's additional information needed from you.

Okay, thanks. Yes frontloading leads to a direct grant. Wish I could frontload, but I'm currently expecting, so have to hold up on the X-ray...and only the CO can approve that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2014
kakazee: @futuredon, please do I need to include the polio vaccination cert. In my application, even if I am not doing my medicals until am told to? And secondly, does my spouse and kids too do same or can I use my kids immunization card for them? Thanks

Yes please include the PVC for yourself, spouse and kids if you've got them. Certified copied of your kids immunisation card demonstrating that a polio vaccine has been administered would suffice too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2014
FutureDon:

Yes please include the PVC for yourself, spouse and kids if you've got them. Certified copied of your kids immunisation card demonstrating that a polio vaccine has been administered would suffice too.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

Okay, thanks. Yes frontloading leads to a direct grant. Wish I could frontload, but I'm currently expecting, so have to hold up on the X-ray...and only the CO can approve that.

Sure.... Wish you a safe delivery...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaystunna(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2014
Lawland, chubi4show, tosin, Ferdimako etc have dissapeared into thin air.
Hope they re gud tho !
Best of Luck to all Aspirants.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by virgindesy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
good day to the ogas , am an HND holder in comp science and I wish to go for my post graduate or associate degree in Australia for the next in take. Though have not started making research on what school to apply to and how the visa processing looks like. ....I just wish to know if anyone in the house know schools that accept HND holder for post graduate diploma or associate degree and do I have to take any test of English exams? will appreciate your quick reply. thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
FutureDon:

... Pls do I have to certify it @ the ministry of health n ministry of foreign affairs or just the ministry of foreign affairs
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
virgindesy: good day to the ogas , am an HND holder in comp science and I wish to go for my post graduate or associate degree in Australia for the next in take. Though have not started making research on what school to apply to and how the visa processing looks like. ....I just wish to know if anyone in the house know schools that accept HND holder for post graduate diploma or associate degree and do I have to take any test of English exams? will appreciate your quick reply. thanks

Google is your friend.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
@lovelydamsel: what is your challenge on IELTS registration. Have you been able to overcome the difficulty? Lets know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thank you everyone that has answered, I appreciate your contribution. I will try Edwin Cowan then... For February intake. Since I have all my doc. Still on my mail. Then print out their form and fill it up. I paid Qibt 12,000 dolls. Including OSHC fee. I wonder how much Edwin Cowan is.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
...what is Tje schools pls ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
coldgate: @lovelydamsel: what is your challenge on IELTS registration. Have you been able to overcome the difficulty? Lets know.

My dear still having same issue o.anytime I try to register the website just reads "...we were not able to anticipate...try again"this is the third day.I had to call their office and they were like they don't have exams in abuja against the day I booked I confused lol so I told the lady addressing my issue to check again or maybe the site was hacked lols.she confirmed and later apologised she was like I should still try it again and call her if'm still having issues.I used "mozilla" that one crashed when I opened the site lol.will call her today;maybe I will have to go their office and register.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2014
URGENT!!! @equilibrium, futuredon and other students who have passed thru the SVP route,

A friend of mine is about to file a student visa application and asked me the following questions:

1. Will a statement with a balance of N5m be enough for a packaged(Tafe + Uni) SVP program of total duration 3.5yrs??
(Note: This amount is more than enough to cover tuition, living expenses and return airfare for one year)

2. Will he need to show evidence of funds to cover the remaining duration of the program as the statement is in his name?
(He is sponsoring himself)

3. Will he still need to have kept the account for 3months before drawing the statement??

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2014
iriferi: ... Pls do I have to certify it @ the ministry of health n ministry of foreign affairs or just the ministry of foreign affairs

I was referring to documents' certification done at State High Courts.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2014
deaero: ...what is Tje schools pls ?
typo
meant to write the
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech: URGENT!!! @equilibrium, futuredon and other students who have passed thru the SVP route,

A friend of mine is about to file a student visa application and asked me the following questions:

1. Will a statement with a balance of N5m be enough for a packaged(Tafe + Uni) SVP program of total duration 3.5yrs??
(Note: This amount is more than enough to cover tuition, living expenses and return airfare for one year)

2. Will he need to show evidence of funds to cover the remaining duration of the program as the statement is in his name?
(He is sponsoring himself)

3. Will he still need to have kept the account for 3months before drawing the statement??

Thanks for your assistance.

I assume your friend already has his COE. If the university/institution has already issued a COE for a program that qualifies for SVP, then the applicant does not even need to provide financial evidence when lodging his visa app.

To answer your questions:

1. Depends on the program total cost.

2. No need. It is highly unlikely that a statement of account will be demanded. If his case officer does, I expect that he'll only be asked to show documentary evidence of finances for his first year.

3. No need since his packaged program qualifies for the SVP route.

Let others who are more enlightened (than me) add their own thoughts. Cheers bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2014
FutureDon:

I assume your friend already has his COE. If the university/institution has already issued a COE for a program that qualifies for SVP, then the applicant does not even need to provide financial evidence when lodging his visa app

He does not have the COE yet, the school has offered him a place conditional on him filling the GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant). But in the Gte questionnaire, he was asked question 9 on how he intends to fund his studies and also provide evidence. Eg Bank statements for the past three months. See the link below for details

http://www.tafesa.edu.au/docs/default-source/international-files/genuine-temporary-entrant-applicant-form-online.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The catch here , is that he intended to leave the funds in the account for three months and apply November Ending. But the course provider is asking for it now as part of the GTE requirement. Will it be okay for him to print off the statement now and submit even though it is barely one month old??

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2014
FutureDon:

I assume your friend already has his COE. If the university/institution has already issued a COE for a program that qualifies for SVP, then the applicant does not even need to provide financial evidence when lodging his visa app.

To answer your questions:

1. Depends on the program total cost.

2. No need. It is highly unlikely that a statement of account will be demanded. If his case officer does, I expect that he'll only be asked to show documentary evidence of finances for his first year.

3. No need since his packaged program qualifies for the SVP route.

Let others who are more enlightened (than me) add their own thoughts. Cheers bro!

What about if the program is not an SVP and its just 2 years Tafe Diploma with total tuition fee of $22,000
Can that amount sufix for a self sponsor and visa application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

What about if the program is not an SVP and its just 2 years Tafe Diploma with total tuition fee of $22,000
Can that amount sufix for a self sponsor and visa application?

Which amount N5m? It would probably be enough, here is how they calculate it: 1yr Tuition+$18600 (living expensis for first yr)+ $2000 (return air fare)

Please check the link for the requirements for a 572 Visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx

My confusion, in my friend's case stems from the GTE requirements from his school
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech:

Which amount N5m? It would probably be enough, here is how they calculate it: 1yr Tuition+$18600 (living expensis for first yr)+ $2000 (return air fare)

Please check the link for the requirements for a 572 Visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx

My confusion, in my friend's case stems from the GTE requirements from his school
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2014
coldgate: @lovelydamsel: what is your challenge on IELTS registration. Have you been able to overcome the difficulty? Lets know.

It was rectified this morning;I had to call them and they checked their system and my name showed.I have to pay through bank draft and go to their office.so everything is sorted smiley thanks for asking about the issue I really appeciate. *hugs*

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Yes 5M.
Well I know 5M will confortable afford d first yr. For a self sponsor with dat amount wont dey consider the cost of the second year and how he/she will meet up with its cost?

Am having the exact same issue, but my program is not under SVP but its tafesa..applied Geoscience.

My friend is in the same both with you, TAFE SA too, Accounting (City Campus). I know Geoscience is based in Regency, have you completed your GTE?? http://www.tafesa.edu.au/docs/default-source/international-files/genuine-temporary-entrant-applicant-form-online.pdf?sfvrsn=2

My friend selected an SVP program because of bank statement wahala
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech:

My friend is in the same both with you, TAFE SA too. Have you completed your GTE http://www.tafesa.edu.au/docs/default-source/international-files/genuine-temporary-entrant-applicant-form-online.pdf?sfvrsn=2

My friend selected an SVP program because of back statement wahala

I wrote them about the svp for geoscience but they said the program has no university credit nd stuff that i hv to apply under level 3.
Yes regency park...

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.