Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,427 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777293 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I wrote them about the svp for geoscience but they said the program has no university credit nd stuff that i hv to apply under level 3.
What program is ur frnd applying?

I wanted to pay today but want to get adequate info first.

Was GTE not required as condition for your offer?? He is applying for Accounting
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech:

Was GTE not required as condition for your offer?? He is applying for Accounting

GTE was not there....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech: He does not have the COE yet, the school has offered him a place conditional on him filling the GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant). But in the Gte questionnaire, he was asked question 9 on how he intends to fund his studies and also provide evidence. Eg Bank statements for the past three months. See the link below for details

http://www.tafesa.edu.au/docs/default-source/international-files/genuine-temporary-entrant-applicant-form-online.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The catch here , is that he intended to leave the funds in the account for three months and apply November Ending. But the course provider is asking for it now as part of the GTE requirement. Will it be okay for him to print off the statement now and submit even though it is barely one month old??

Thanks for your prompt response.

Ooops sorry boss, I did not know that he's still at the stage of responding to his conditional offer.

This is what Question 9 on that document reads:

Please provide evidence of funds (eg. bank statements for the past 3 months, loan document, financial guarantee from sponsor etc.).

Is the account newly opened and less than 3months? If no, he should be to ask his bank to print his statement of account starting from, say, May/June up till this moment. He could make a little transaction (debit/credit) on his account, just before he request that the statement be printed. That should suffice, I thought.

I think they are asking for 3months old bank statement (showing funds availability) and not necessarily that applicants should have held the required money for 3 months.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2014
FutureDon:

Ooops sorry boss, I did not know that he's still at the stage of responding to his conditional offer.

This is what Question 9 on that document reads:

Please provide evidence of funds (eg. bank statements for the past 3 months, loan document, financial guarantee from sponsor etc.).

Is the account newly opened and less than 3months? If no, he should be to ask his bank to print his statement of account starting from, say, May/June up till this moment. He could make a little transaction (debit/credit) on his account, just before he request that the statement be printed. That should suffice, I thought.

I think they are asking for 3months old bank statement (showing funds availability) and not necessarily that applicants should have held the required money for 3 months.

Please oo bro, just to be clear. If i applied for an svp program and on arriving to oz switch to a course dats not an svp but in the same school wil dat b cool?.. Eg I applied for accounting diploma + university package. Then will opt for applied geoscience diploma only all course in d same school
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Please oo bro, just to be clear. If i applied for an svp program and on arriving to oz switch to a course dats not an svp but in the same school wil dat b cool?.. Eg I applied for accounting diploma + university package. Then will opt for applied geoscience diploma only all course in d same school

Well from DIPB website, you will need to change to another SVP program otherwise your visa will be considered for cancellation. But you are allowed to change from non SVP to non SVP without applying for a new visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/Study/Pages/changing-courses.aspx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2014
UBKtech:

Well from DIPB website, you will need to change to another SVP program otherwise your visa will be considered for cancellation. But you are allowed to change from non SVP to non SVP without applying for a new visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/Study/Pages/changing-courses.aspx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Yes 5M.
Well I know 5M will confortable afford d first yr. For a self sponsor with dat amount wont dey consider the cost of the second year and how he/she will meet up with its cost?

Am having the exact same issue, but my program is not under SVP but its tafesa..applied Geoscience.

Are you self-sponsored as well?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gone are those days when most people fell under AL3. Now most people just wanna be accessed under the fast track lol... I'm under AL3 and unfortunately I can't seem to dodge it ;-) Good luck to all the applicants especially February aspirants.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
symbian03:

Are you self-sponsored as well?
Yes
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Please, while applying to schools GTE for clearance under conditional? Can u present to the school an Uncles bank statement? And can u say ure being sponsored both by uncle and brother? Just trying to know if the sponsorship eligibility in 3L implies too when supplying financial documents to the school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Hello everyone, please I need to some advice from people that have gone through this, I am planning to submit my student visa application next week but I need advice on what documents I need to put to support my family ties back home. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2014
kakazee: Hello everyone, please I need to some advice from people that have gone through this, I am planning to submit my student visa application next week but I need advice on what documents I need to put as my family ties. Thanks
Before I answer the question, are you applying as SVP or AL3? Also are you applying with your family?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
surveyor1:
Before I answer the question, are you applying as SVP or AL3? Also are you applying with your family?

I am for AL3 and yes applying with my family.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
kakazee:

I am for AL3 and yes applying with my family.
Ok. have you enroled your children if they are aged 5? what is the sum of the fund in d statement of account?
you dont need to show any family ties since you are applying with your family. but with assesment level3 and you applying with family, make sure you package well excepially your bank account. are you self sponsor?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
surveyor1:
Ok. have you enroled your children if they are aged 5? what is the sum of the fund in d statement of account?
you dont need to show any family ties since you are applying with your family. but with assesment level3 and you applying with family, make sure you package well excepially your bank account. are you self sponsor?

All d kids are enrolled, paid half of their tution each, heve $22k left from my own ttution and N19m in my spouse's acct, he is my sponsor (do u think that's enough?)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
kakazee:

All d kids are enrolled, paid half of their tution each, heve $22k left from my own ttution and N19m in my spouse's acct, he is my sponsor (do u think that's enough?)
Well, you need to do the maths. calculate the remaining fee for your child+ travel fare for all of you+$18,600 as maintainance fee for you + maintenance fee for your children+ remaining school fee for your children+ maintenance fee for your husband. convert it to naira.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
@lovelydamsel: I am sorry to hear that. I thought you were in Lagos. Going to their Abuja office should be your best bet. The test dates fill up very fast.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
House, pls. assist me to come to a decision. All things being equal. Melbourne or Perth? Traveling with 2 children for Study. Tanx.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Check the weather condition of the two city and then decide which one is comfortable for you people bearing in mind the two kids involve
coldgate: House, pls. assist me to come to a decision. All things being equal. Melbourne or Perth? Traveling with 2 children for Study. Tanx.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2014
coldgate: House, pls. assist me to come to a decision. All things being equal. Melbourne or Perth? Traveling with 2 children for Study. Tanx.
Firstly, how old are your children? is your partner accompany you? as a student with children is tough but you will survive because you will need a bigger house which is costly. both states are good but if you considering weather, melbourne got crazy weather but is multicutural. all the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by yogos: 5:49am On Sep 14, 2014
Hi, Moved to Sydney for work a short while ago and would like to meet any Nigerians around. I am presently holed up at Darling harbour. So please give me a shout out.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2014

You have to make this decision yourself
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
surveyor1:
Firstly, how old are your children? is your partner accompany you? as a student with children is tough but you will survive because you will need a bigger house which is costly. both states are good but if you considering weather, melbourne got crazy weather but is multicutural. all the best

Tanx. First child is 5yrs old while the second is 3 yrs old. No partner. I have heard of the 'four seasons in one day' weather in Melbourne. Though the cost of living is about 12% lower than Perth (Mt. Lawley).Pls. does anyone know what other plus Perth has asides the weather?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
coldgate:

Tanx. First child is 5yrs old while the second is 3 yrs old. No partner. I have heard of the 'four seasons in one day' weather in Melbourne. Though the cost of living is about 12% lower than Perth (Mt. Lawley).Pls. does anyone know what other plus Perth has asides the weather?

I would do Melbourne over Perth, cos of the kids factor. Less expensive, family friendly, good healthcare, multicultural and close to other states.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
@bossladyMo: Tanx a lot. Putting it the way you did helped me come to a decision. God Bless you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 15, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Hey guyz...how good is eagle farm Brisbane. I got two yrs diploma admission, But yet to proceed. Still considering other offer.
How is PR in QSLD, job etc

QLD unemployment rate is sky rocketing. Choose wisely
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 15, 2014
equlibrium:
nice smiley
jenny, I think you could create another thread with this info so the mod mr justwise can move it to fp.
just a suggestion
I'm too lazy to do that cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 4:25am On Sep 15, 2014
jennykadry:

Madam Jenny thank you for that info.
How about South Australia? Though the program they gave me dont SVP. Applied Geoscience
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 4:55am On Sep 15, 2014
jennykadry:

Yes. it is true!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 15, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Madam Jenny thank you for that info.
How about South Australia? Though the program they gave me dont SVP. Applied Geoscience

Similar but not like QLD.

surveyor1:
Yes. it is true!!!

Yep.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 15, 2014
Hi jennykadry,how you doing?please I would like to find out how is the journlaism profession in australia?I have been reading a lot about the profession in australia and I noticed that the best cities to study journlaism is Sydney and melbourne.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.