Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754625 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
juliana13139: Thank God!! Visa was granted under svp....thanks to jenny, surveyor and others...God bless you guys....success to all those who have applied and to those intending to wish you success too....God bless you all
Congrat!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by coldgate(f): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Congratulations Juliana!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Folax678: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
My fellow Nigerians, I bought a plane ticket from a travel agent and unfortunately, I he issued a ticket to sydney instead of melbourne. My school is in melbourne, please will there be a problem at the port of entry? Please my people give me suggestions..... Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please I still need advice. Can I reapply or appeal for a denied visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Folax678: 1:42am On Sep 18, 2014
Please my good people on this forum, my brother needs accommodation so seriously. He is travelling to sydney next and he has not gotten an accommodation..... Please can he share and pay with anyone? A cheap accommodation, It is urgent. I beg all nigerian here .... I beg everyone in the mighty name of God...... Please respond.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 4:45am On Sep 18, 2014
ironbender101: Please I still need advice. Can I reapply or appeal for a denied visa?
You dont have right of appeal for application outside Nigeria except you have a family who is australian. you need to reapply
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 4:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Folax678: Please my good people on this forum, my brother needs accommodation so seriously. He is travelling to sydney next and he has not gotten an accommodation..... Please can he share and pay with anyone? A cheap accommodation, It is urgent. I beg all nigerian here .... I beg everyone in the mighty name of God...... Please respond.
Your posts contradicted. you said you got wrong ticket and later your brother is heading to sydney. is two of you heading to sydney? you needs to rent backpacker.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 5:37am On Sep 18, 2014
surveyor1:
You dont have right of appeal for application outside Nigeria except you have a family who is australian. you need to reapply

Thanks bro, please how long should I wait before reapplying? Should I reapply for him next week?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Folax678: 8:19am On Sep 18, 2014
@ surveyor1, my brother and I are both going to australia. I got issues with ticket while my brother needs an urgent accommodation. Please bro help me on this. Thanx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
ironbender101:

Thanks bro, please how long should I wait before reapplying? Should I reapply for him next week?
You can apply straightaway but make sure you adress the raised issues by your case officer
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Folax678: @ surveyor1, my brother and I are both going to australia. I got issues with ticket while my brother needs an urgent accommodation. Please bro help me on this. Thanx
tell him to check out backpacker
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2014
surveyor1:
You can apply straightaway but make sure you adress the raised issues by your case officer

I want to reapply but I don't know I should use ma fixed deposit of about 20million and the balance in the account is just 1million naira. Should I proceed?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2014
ironbender101:

I want to reapply but I don't know I should use ma fixed deposit of about 20million and the balance in the account is just 1million naira. Should I proceed?
Try to calculate the requested maintenance fund before you apply

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mighty4life: please I beg you don't apply with that statement, just maintain ur cool and get the statement correct. That ur uncle statement will be bounced.if u aren't under svp your statement must be three months old with the required amount resting in it for 3months and above. U can keep deferring ur programme until u get it right. Pls get it right cos it's always very painful to be refuse an Australia visa. Thanx
I am under SVP. It a packaged course for BSc. Diploma + Bsc Griffith.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

The second paragraph which you did not highlight maybe due to oversight......NOT, is your answer.

How do you plan on paying off the rest of the fees?

C'mon guyz, i hv stated my financial strenght. I am here bcoz i need u guyz to advice me on how to proceed. Plz if there is a way out tell me coz i got no sponsor..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

C'mon guyz, i hv stated my financial strenght. I am here bcoz i need u guyz to advice me on how to proceed. Plz if there is a way out tell me coz i got no sponsor..

The problem with us Nigerians is even when the truth is staring at us we refuse to see it. You want a way out? I asked a question, how on earth do you plan on paying your fees? By miracle? Or manna from heaven? Or by faith? Here we go.....

I would not advise you to apply to study in Australia if you have no source of income to cover your tuition fee for the duration of your stay. If you insist on travelling without having enough funds or a sponsor to help you finish paying your tuition fee, I am sure you have have an idea of what will happen to you if you cannot pay up the fees for the following year.
Don't think working will help you meet up. It won't, you still need funds from somewhere.

I know my post isn't what you want to read.

Look for a school in Europe with free tuition and apply there.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
It looks like not all SVP applications are really ''streamlined''.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

The problem with us Nigerians is even when the truth is staring at us we refuse to see it. You want a way out? I asked a question, how on earth do you plan on paying your fees? By miracle? Or manna from heaven? Or by faith? Here we go.....

I would not advise you to apply to study in Australia if you have no source of income to cover your tuition fee for the duration of your stay. If you insist on travelling without having enough funds or a sponsor to help you finish paying your tuition fee, I am sure you have have an idea of what will happen to you if you cannot pay up the fees for the following year.
Don't think working will help you meet up. It won't, you still need funds from somewhere.

I know my post isn't what you want to read.

Look for a school in Europe with free tuition and apply there.

Thnk you Ma,
Your post is exactly what I needed.
My view on the subject matter was;

Since my total tuition will sum upto about $21,000 nd i hv 000. The bal should cover my living cost for atleast the first 6month + plus the 40 hours work per 4th night and unlimited hour during school break. I felt I will be fine with this...coz I don't think I will actually spend all $18600 they stipulated on there site. Well I gues am wrong.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
Success is just Expensive
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
FutureDon: It looks like not all SVP applications are really ''streamlined''.
Whats your experience?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Thnk you Ma,
Your post is exactly what I needed.
My view on the subject matter was;

Since my total tuition will sum upto about $21,000 nd i hv $30,000. The bal should cover my living cost for atleast the first 6month + plus the 40 hours work per 4th night and unlimited hour during school break. I felt I will be fine with this...coz I don't think I will actually spend all $18600 they stipulated on there site. Well I gues am wrong.

If you were a permanent resident then you can work enough to save up your fees but as an international student you are allowed only 20hohrs a week when school is in session and unlimited when school is on holidays but Australia is not America where people 200 dollar a month for rent. We pay weekly and it is very expensive. Imagine paying 170dollars per week Accomodation and that is shared Accomodation off camp...now if you decide to live in a hostel some schools charge nothing less than 150 per week some even more. Then we have feeding and transportation to work. You go to school Monday-Friday. If you think you can make it good luck but I am telling you that without a sponsor it is almost impossible. A Zambian student in Murdoch university Perth was sent back home because she couldn't afford to pay up her fees and she used a sponsors bank statements but the sponsor wasn't willing to help financially but agreed that she could use his bank statements. Some people are denied visa sef if they think you do not have enough to cover for your duration in Australia.

Australia is expensive to live in and if you have no sponsor willing to help you meet up your target...you are lost.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

If you were a permanent resident then you can work enough to save up your fees but as an international student you are allowed only 20hohrs a week when school is in session and unlimited when school is on holidays but Australia is not America where people 200 dollar a month for rent. We pay weekly and it is very expensive. Imagine paying 170dollars per week Accomodation and that is shared Accomodation off camp...now if you decide to live in a hostel some schools charge nothing less than 150 per week some even more. Then we have feeding and transportation to work. You go to school Monday-Friday. If you think you can make it good luck but I am telling you that without a sponsor it is almost impossible. A Zambian student in Murdoch university Perth was sent back home because she couldn't afford to pay up her fees and she used a sponsors bank statements but the sponsor wasn't willing to help financially but agreed that she could use his bank statements. Some people are denied visa sef if they think you do not have enough to cover for your duration in Australia.

Australia is expensive to live in and if you have no sponsor willing to help you meet up your target...you are lost.

Ok, Tnk u Madam for the info and advice. God Bless
But can d 20hour work pay for accomodation?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn: Whats your experience?

I have a pending app with them. I am being positive sha, e go better for sure smiley . I'm very confident cos I did my ''homework'' prior to submission.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
FutureDon:

I have a pending app with them. I am being positive sha, e go better for sure smiley . I'm very confident cos I did my ''homework'' prior to submission.
Did u submit financial doc?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn: Did u submit financial doc?

I did not. I'm on a ''full ride''.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
FutureDon:

I did not. I'm on a ''full ride''.
Schoolarship?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

Thank God u are getting back to us here gradually....
buy seems this post is a bit confusing to me becos av read most of peoples comment concern ability to work n pay tuition fee but here u are saying sometin else. the fact is most of Nigerians here will only struggle to raise d first semester payment..only few people will have someone back home who can still be sending money to him or her.....if it isn't feasible to work n pay. then I think oz is not about what we are hearing. oz applicant too ma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
laminaria:
Thank God u are getting back to us here gradually....
buy seems this post is a bit confusing to me becos av read most of peoples comment concern ability to work n pay tuition fee but here u are saying sometin else. the fact is most of Nigerians here will only struggle to raise d first semester payment..only few people will have someone back home who can still be sending money to him or her.....if it isn't feasible to work n pay. then I think oz is not about what we are hearing. oz applicant too ma.
How much is your tuition? Let's say 7k

How can you work and save up to cover your fee in just a little over 3 months with 20 hours a week job, Accomodation, transportation fare and feeding? Have you ever considered the possibility of not getting a job here months after you arrive? Do you know some employers insist on Australian professional referees? How is that possible for someone who hasn't worked in Australia? Do you guys think of the negatives or only the positive

I'm talking about people being logical here AND I AM ALSO TALKING ABOUT DOING SOME RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN INSTEAD OF RELYING ON WHAT PEOPLE SAY.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:
How much is your tuition? Let's say 7k

How can you work and save up to cover your fee in just a little over 3 months with 20 hours a week job, Accomodation, transportation fare and feeding? Have you ever considered the possibility of not getting a job here months after you arrive? Do you know some employers insist on Australian professional referees? How is that possible for someone who hasn't worked in Australia? Do you guys think of the negatives or only the positive

I'm talking about people being logical here AND I AM ALSO TALKING ABOUT DOING SOME RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN INSTEAD OF RELYING ON WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

tank you for your sincerity over time here...am glad for all your concerns n contributions, everybody now your hear o, plan to av backup at home.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
laminaria:
tank you for your sincerity over time here...am glad for all your concerns n contributions, everybody now your hear o, plan to av backup at home.

If you have a back up you will be fine. The only time you will get enough time to work is on school holidays. Which is usually a month mid year and 3 months end of the year so saving up to that amount is no joke.

Some higher education program is unlimited working hours.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

If you have a back up you will be fine. The only time you will get enough time to work is on school holidays. Which is usually a month mid year and 3 months end of the year so saving up to that amount is no joke.

Some higher education program is unlimited working hours.
me that is coming for health science or nursing..... fear Don dey catch me here o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kolade200: Please people, a friend told me about this forum. I applied for a student visa (going for a MSc) about 11 working days ago. I emailed Pretoria yesterday and I was told my app has been assessed, that they are waiting for a Medical Officer in Australia to finalise my health assessment. Has anybody experienced this before? should I begin to panic. Help me oooooooo, program starts soon oo cry

I think your medicals was ''B'' graded and consequently requires a MOC to assess it manually. It might take a few days to 2weeks before it is completed. Keep us posted as events unfold. Cheers bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.