Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. (30082 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / I Am 30 And My Girlfriend Is 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by andyanders: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY: although there is nothing "seemingly" wrong with a 30yr old single woman, the alarm bell will clearly ring in my mind, but that's just me....so here is how i will evaluate such person (this is just MBJ's views, pls dont get offended):

[b]- as much as a +30yr old would "seemingly" look great, we all know that the skin elasticity may have seen its fair share of cream etc, so before settling for such lady, a GOOD LOOK at her without make up is necessary in order to have a clear evaluation of the skin quality/elasticity. a poorly cared-for skin would mean that this gal would quickly look like an old hag, after a few months/yrs (check her mother without make up for CONFIRMATION).

- skin elasticity also means that her tittays would certainly sag quicker than a 20yr old (if they didnt sag already).....so a good look at her nekkid and standing IS A MUST. if her tittays already sag pass the belly button, then you already know what to do. pls dont get fooled by them gals with big tittays firmly locked in push up bras, this is one of the fallacy of the 20th century and just another trick used by our sistas out there, lol!

- if that girl is beautiful, then alarm bells will be ringing even louder, as you most definitely must ask yourself:" what is it about this beautiful gal that drives people away?" YES, there must be something within her that is driving all potential mates away, something so foul that men are willing to disregard her beauty...so thread carefully!

- then the idea of WHY she has never been able to meet the right person must also be considered. as much as many may be unlucky like that, there are equal chances that she may have the wrong attitude, the wrong goals in life, the wrong mindset, the wrong lifestyle, the wrong background/past, TOO DESPERATE etc. again, a thorough check must be done to get to the bottom of it all, and know exactly what it is.

- and then there is the issue of freshness of the toto, yep you heard me right FRESHNESS OF THE TOTO!!!!!
most single women meet about 5 different sex partner a yr (i am being generous), and since they start fukcing at about 19yrs old (and i am VERY generous once again), it means that a particular lady could have no less than 55 different men mounting her toto by the time she gets to 30yrs old. although there is nothing wrong with that, it means that this toto has seen its fair share of traffic, and as we all know that traffic mean heavy maintenance, that toto has long pass its sale by date. it may taste great, but chances are the elasticity and mechanic of that said coochie is close to giving up on you. a 20yr old coochie will get its elasticity back after a pregnancy (with the right exercises), for a 30yr old coochie it will be 3 times as hard.....[/b]

so looking at if from a life long investment's point of view, it is not a great move to go for such ladies, especially when we all know that you can get a fun, "easy go lucky", friendly young 20yr old coochie for the same hassle that you would get from most desperate 30yr old woman.

PS i am not even going to dwell on trying to educate and "reboot" the mind of that said +30yr old lady, and getting rid of all the "viruses" that have been implanted in her mind by her past r/ships. NO operating system/antivirus could handle such heavy duty work load!

You need to be invited for a lecture to be conducted in which I will personally send a special IV to you as a Prof who bisects ladies and issues a clean report of finding on them so that guys can take note where they are heading tomorrow. Good write up.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
Erico,am laughing out loud you dey craze ooooo.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dimples 316:

Sweetheart I couldn't resist you on this, sex is good and yes there's the temptation to fornicate the longer I stay single and unmarried. I am not a virgin and won't pretend otherwise, I've done that whole sh****t with serious boyfriends in the past and realized it only leaves me feeling empty and demoralized on the inside so now I know better than to go there.

Sex wasn't all that WOW for me when I was doing it because I hardly ever reached o-r-g-a-s-m. I just couldn't feel the pleasure in it. I think men get more of a kick out of it than women do, or at least than I do. F-o-r-e play yes that I enjoyed, but to answer your question am not into s-e-x t-o-y-s, m.a.s.t.u.r.b.a.t.i.o.n without it I can do. I've got a vivid and wild imagination I can make myself come without the aid of s-e-x t-o-y-s or an e-r-e-c-t-i-o-n.

I could fall into temptation and fornicate I am not immune to the possibility of that, but before I get there I would have exhausted other options like masturbation or an intense body work out to rid myself of all that sexual energy. And of course there's always an ever present help in the time of need from Heaven.

Am no perfect so don't even take me up on the masturbation thing just let God deal with me on that.

I like U. U know Y? U're so objective and straightforward.May God help us.#How I wish U just av a lil reconsideration before U finally make up ur mind# Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by 46arcadez(m): 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
I'm 32 and wana get maried to 30+ gal (serious), i'v seen 20-25 gals but cant cope wit dia atitude, dey always bliv dt dey stil v age on dia sid.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by mrperfect(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Interesting
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Jambsupport(f): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
erico2k2:
In my Village deep deep inside the Jungle if you ever say you dont want kids and never want to get married, you are automaticaly classified as a WITCH grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmao witch ko witch ni
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by DExplorer1: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jambsupport: :
Hey sweets, how're you doing?
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ Dasparrow,

I could high five you right now or better still kiss you, mmmmwwwwwaaaahhhh kiss

Naturalwaves,

Ahaa, good to know you are finally feeling me on some things cos I really hate to be misunderstood. I figure now you also realize I don't need a shrink right? So take that back (I wasn't offended) but would like to see you eat those words and admit you were wrong. gringringrin I am waiting oooo, don't keep me waiting. One love wink
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Sunbellar: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dimples 316: Seun Seriously?

Do simple words like s-e-x tools, m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n need to be modified for us.

Jeez man give me a break. You just make my post above sound gibberish with all those words like intimacy, heavenly feeling.

Gosh that is so 1920's

@ Dimples, i ve been carefully following ur comments. Its good to uphold ur ego as a woman who is not searching anyway. We understand your predicaments and i advise u as a christian not to condemn every womans desire 'marriage' bc word is mightier than sword. Soon God ll give u ur own bone but God works according to ur confession. Pls confess right and expect the right. There is power in confession. So begin to claim ur own husband now and u ll soon be favoured.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by shizzle11(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
Atheist:-D:

She can have kids without being married. What makes you think that she needs to be married to have kids.
Mr, you obviously didn't get me. I only asked if she doesn't desire getting kids(even outside marriage) later to take care of her in old age and she has since responded that she prefers having one (female) via adoption.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wow! Dimples! Deres something about u I lovvvvvvvvvvvveee....
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Jambsupport(f): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
D-Explorer:
Hey sweets, how're you doing?
dearie am fyn. Tnks 4asking *got my pm*
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by victorian(f): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
Being single at 30, or early thirties is not a crime nor a curse , or better still nothing to be ashamed of..Everyone has their time to be married with kids. I have two frnds, the 1st got married at the age of 24 to a loving guy but its going to 7yrs now, no kids....not even one child...She looks so slim with worries written under her eyes.. She scared that her husband could have given in to family pressures and impregnate another woman, then come home smiles and speak so relaxed that she shouldnt worry that God's time is the best. The husband is even getting more robust everyday embarassed. While my 2nd frnd, had been waiting to get married and she got hitchd early last yr at the age of 34yrs to a guy of her age too smiley, she became pregnate 2months into the marraige, they have baby boy now, after one yr of marraige..She and her husband are so relaxed , happy doing their things. She even asked abt our 1st frnd, if she now has a baby. Cause she has not seen her for a long while due to adjusting to married life.
I simply told her, do u think its easy having babies..my dear, just thank God for your own , her time to be a joyful mother will come. She kept quiet and said amen o...
There are alot of single guys and babes either at 30 or mid 30's still prepapring for the right tyme...its never too late at 30
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dimples 316: Ahaa, good to know you are finally feeling me on some things cos I really hate to be misunderstood. I figure now you also realize I don't need a shrink right? So take that back (I wasn't offended) but would like to see you eat those words and admit you were wrong. gringringrin I am waiting oooo, don't keep me waiting. One love wink
But I've got no soup to eat d words cheesy cheesy cheesy. Okay,okay,U need no shrink.Give me a smile and promise me too that U will av a lil rethink about it before U finally make up ur mind.......I'm waiting too.......
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sunbellar:

@ Dimples, i ve been carefully following ur comments. Its good to uphold ur ego as a woman who is not searching anyway. We understand your predicaments and i advise u as a christian not to condemn every womans desire 'marriage' [/b]bc word is mightier than sword. Soon God ll give u ur own bone but God works according to ur confession. Pls confess right and expect the right. There is power in confession. So begin to claim ur own husband now and u ll soon be favoured.

Chei, Sunbellar ooooooo pls where did I in any of my posts condemn other women's desire to marry? Pls quote me on it because I clearly remember saying marriage is a good thing and people who deisre it should by all means go for it but not every one wants this.

You obviously haven't read through my posts carefully to make the sort of conclusions you did. [b]Can't a woman have a contrary view or opinion on a matter OR a view different from the norm without folks like you screaming blue murder and judging her?

And FYI I am not into that name and claim it religion of today which some folks confuse for Christianity.I run every thought and feeling by God and I am brutally honest with Him on all things because He already sees and knows what's in my heart. Everything I've written on this thread He is already aware of because I tell Him.

Oh and by the way my understanding of the passage in Proverbs about The power of life or death lying in the tongue is that: with my words I can build a person up, encourage him and basically help him get back on his feet OR I could tear and pull him down with my hurtful and spiteful words. That's the understanding given to me.

2 Likes

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by DExplorer1: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jambsupport: dearie am fyn. Tnks 4asking *got my pm*
Oh good. PM..Inbox or via NL?
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by samkoro: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
shizzle11: Naturally, the market value for women drops as they get older compared to men. Most career women who have made their mark in their profession usually don't marry early cos they cling to their jobs not giving much thought to marriage, and to some, marriage has become a thing of status, so they're waiting for their 'level'. A few other ladies can't just come to terms with living with a man and playing the role of surbodinate to some man. Different reasons I tell you, some of them just so so funny.

Now op, kindly confirm if you're female or not (and tell us where you belong).

That's where the irreversible problem starts; career success.Rather than the career success be a blessing,it becomes curse.There are some wise ones that understand that their success is God given and so should not be used as a threat to men or a reason to increase the taste of a kind of man they need.The wise ones know that their financial success is mearnt to bless her future husband and kids.She could use her money to assist her poor,applicant husband to be to set up a business or just start a farmily that could survive on her budget before God blesses the husband.What matters is not cars,shoes,suits.Those things are ephemeral;they are not permanent.

Young ladies that snub men they look down on without looking at the inner qualities of those men are loosing a lot.I'm yet to experience anything greater than holding a crying baby;and watching he/she grow.Its fascinating believe me.Having a family is a wonderfull blessing from God.Its worth the sacrifice.The sacrifice could be;relocating from ur comfort zone in VGC to a suburb.You could still plan for sth comfortable,but let your concern and focus be on something higher than material wealth,although its still important.

The rule of the thumb is; as much as u want ur husband to appreciate you for helping him out,never you use it as an advantage or make reference to it except extreme cases like unrepentant adultery with strange women.

Old age is usualy very lonely without children (including adopted children)
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Jambsupport(f): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
D-Explorer:
Oh good. PM..Inbox or via NL?
nl
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by DExplorer1: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jambsupport: nl
Nah! That flop sometimes, do get my addy and send directly.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
@MRBROWNJAY, That was a lovely write up even though it was quite funny.I'm sure U'lld av saved a lot of people from dipping their hands in fire.

@Leobreezy,nice write up too.A lot of persons can learn one or two things from ur post.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by shizzle11(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dimples 316:

No offence taken, yes I would like to take care of my folks for as long as its possible and necessary to. Married folks do this too which is all good but I am saying I don't need to be married to do this. Taking care of my folks is more of a priority than marriage is and am not going to put my life on hold or wait to do things like this until I am married.

This may sound controversial but its the truth I love children especially those between 0-6 yrs, I can have kids out of wedlock via adoption if orphanages will allow single parenting. One female child is what I desire I don't need to have pre-marital sex to have a child. I don't know about needing kids to take care of me because there is no guarantee that they will. They could pass on before I do or turn out to be irresponsible or simply not give a damn.

I would strive to take care of me for as long as I can single or not,while trusting in God to take better care of me now and in my old age because He created me and knows the end from the beginning. My faith in Christ is a big part of my life if something feels right and doesn't go against my Lord's instructions I do it. For example the adoption thing

Lol...You actually sounded spiritual in the last paragraph.

Wow! Honestly i am marveled by your revelations concerning getting married and having kids after following your comments and i must say your position is a bit weird and uncanny. However, i respect your wishes and opinions and i know you're entitled to live your life just the way you want to. But you really cracked me up when you said you love kids yet you don't want to have one from your own womb. Am still wondering if your decision never to get intimate with a man again is because you never got to reach organism in your previous r/ships despite enjoying fore-plays or if there's some other strange reasons for that and you being able to 'come' via mere wild imagination. Sounds quite contradictory to me. You claim you don't do s3x t_oys and masta_bation, even if that's the case now, for how long can you hold on and as human that you are, for how long can you resist the desire for a real masculine touch and pleasure? Cos to think that you are claiming never to get intimate again is just some real puzzle of some sort to me. Dunno what it is about you, but good luck to you'oo. At least i've a learnt a new thing today, persons like you exist. Again no harm intended!

However, i admire your being honest and straightforward, kudos!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Sunbellar: 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dimples 316:

Chei, Sunbellar ooooooo pls where did I in any of my posts condemn other women's desire to marry? Pls quote me on it because I clearly remember saying marriage is a good thing and people who deisre it should by all means go for it but not every one wants this.

You obviously haven't read through my posts carefully to make the sort of conclusions you did. Can't a woman have a contrary view or opinion on a matter OR a view different from the norm without folks like you screaming blue murder and judging her?

And FYI I am not into that name and claim it religion of today which some folks confuse for Christianity.I run every thought and feeling by God and I am brutally honest with Him on all things because He already sees and knows what's in my heart. Everything I've written on this thread He is already aware of because I tell Him.

Oh and by the way my understanding of the passage in Proverbs about The power of life or death lying in the tongue is that with my words I can build a person up, encourage him and basically help him get back on his feet OR I could tear and pull him down with my hurtful and spiteful words. That's the understanding given to me by the Holy

@ Dimples i never said u dont support marriage but u claim not to be interested. Why must u have such a strong contrary view in what is every womans desire with such a negetive mindset. God works with ur confession i mean. U can never deny u dont pray 4 a husband as a woman unless u ve problems. U rather enjoin me to pray along with u 4 a successful outcome this yr.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ Naturalwaves.

We are cool wink, but I really don't know what you want me to reconsider. I am not aversed to marriage neither do I hate it. I just don't feel a desire for it and am not desperate because I've turned 29.

I think Dasparrow's post might help you understand a part of me on this. I do like children and since I can't fornicate to create them I'll rather adopt.

@ Sunbellar

There you go again claiming marriage is everywoman's desire. Well it is not my desire right now, maybe my parade/tune will change as I grow older and hit 35 or 40 as I have been told. But my stance will continue to be that

1. Being single is not a disease I need to be cured of
2. The marital status of 'married' will not ensure I enter Heaven. Heaven is real to me and I want to go there someday, the manual which teaches me how to get there doesn't say dimples you must above all else be married.

Don't you get it?

@ Shizzle11

I m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-e and I admitted that in one of my posts, I don't do it with any toys though. I know I come across as weird but this is me being truthful. Believe me when I say I yearn for a man's touch every now and then I was born with a s-e-x-u-a-l desire and that's not going to die simply because I am spiritual.

Yearning for a man's touch and yearning for marriage are two different things. I did say I am not immune to the temptation to fornicate and there's the possibility I could give into that temptation. I didn't claim I would never again be sexually intimate with a man. I said I would exhaust other avenues of expending my sexual energy before I fornicate. It's just soul draining the whole sex thing out of wedlock.

I could get married for the sole reason of having sex in a way God would approve of, even the good book endorses that. But I know s-e-x is not enough to hold together or sustain a good marriage.

MY PEOPLE: ME I GIVE UP OOOH, THIS IS BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE I AM TRYING TOO HARD TO EXPLAIN MYSELF OR EVEN JUSTIFY MY VIEW. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE AND WASN'T MY INTENTION.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by shizzle11(m): 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
@Dimples, i do not intend to make the thread about you. At this point, i'll give you a break so you enjoy your freedom of thought and right to opinion, we all learn about people everyday. Again, I love your openness for admitting what other ladies wouldn't dare confirm publicly. It's okay, maybe with time, you'll have a different mind set (like you said)about marriage and having kids, but hope by then, it wouldn't be too little, too late. Cheers!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2012

. . .but the only 'comma' in all of this, is that
each time she wants to hang out with other girls, she realizes that these girls are still in their 20s and she's like a aunty in their midst, since girls her age are already married...married with kids!

Well, to be very honest, this is one of the major problems - especially in a society like ours. This is also true for men, although not to the same extent. Already, some of my friends from way back are getting married, and it's kind of annoying when we hang out, and at 'only' 10pm they beg to take their leave just to maintain the cosmetic appearance of a 'family man'.

Accordingly, it's only natural to conclude that it is much worse for women since, unlike men, their options are severely limited in terms of socialising and fun. It is easier - in fact very common - to see married men hanging out with the guys, womanising with the guys, and being openly 'irresponsible' with the guys, than to see married women doing anything remotely similar with their single friends. This means that a 30-something year old girl woman whose friends/peers/colleagues are all married might be very lonely, bored, and frustrated - since she has very limited avenues for social expression.

It's very unfair if you ask me, but I guess these socially constructed norms, particularly in our part of the world, are too entrenched and powerful to be wished away. It takes a strong-willed woman to say 'I don't give a phuck' and really mean it. She has to be quite successful too, otherwise she stands very little chance of pulling it off. Most ordinary 30/40-something year old, never married women are emotional wrecks. They can't contain the pressure from their family and relatives, not to mention the taunts, insinuations, jibes, sarcasms, and overt insults they would receive from all sorts of people due to their prolonged spinsterhood. That's rather sad if you ask me, but often true.

From my experience and observation, even single mothers who have 'illegitimate' children are accorded far more respect in our society than single, unmarried, childless women. That says a lot.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by IFEDILIEZE(m): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
marvelck: When A Girl Is 30+...and still single. Though she's 30+, she still look young and feel young. And she's less bothered by what people say about her. Since she's comfortable, have a good job, a nice apartment and a fine car to go with it. And she dresses and wear things younger girls wear. Though she feels lonely atimes, especially in the night, but she consoles herself either with her BB + pinging to keep herself company, or by watching romantic movies and cuddling her teddy bears to keep herself warm. she partys alot and hang out with other girls, but it can never be like when u're with ur family (wife, husband and kids). and atimes it's fun when you're single and happy, and not under the 'chain' of any man. but the only 'comma' in all of this, is that each time she wants to hang out with other girls, she realizes that these girls are still in their 20s and she's like a aunty in their midst. since girls her age are already married...married with kids!
e concern u? Amebo!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by sashaa(f): 1:28am On Sep 06, 2012
vislabraye: I won't blame all the +30 yrs women who are not yet married. Life is not usually fair. Many of us have had dreams and aspiration which did not materialize as when expected.
^^^plz hear this n hear it well. I cant believe how shallow a lot of u are. Even the ones one would have thought will have some brains in their heads are vomiting rubbish on this thread. No wonder the 30 + ladies have refused to marry all of una. U are so shallow!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by bukatyne(f): 1:56am On Sep 06, 2012
MRbrownJAY: although there is nothing "seemingly" wrong with a 30yr old single woman, the alarm bell will clearly ring in my mind, but that's just me....so here is how i will evaluate such person (this is just MBJ's views, pls dont get offended):

[b]- as much as a +30yr old would "seemingly" look great, we all know that the skin elasticity may have seen its fair share of cream etc, so before settling for such lady, a GOOD LOOK at her without make up is necessary in order to have a clear evaluation of the skin quality/elasticity. a poorly cared-for skin would mean that this gal would quickly look like an old hag, after a few months/yrs (check her mother without make up for CONFIRMATION).

- skin elasticity also means that her tittays would certainly sag quicker than a 20yr old (if they didnt sag already).....so a good look at her nekkid and standing IS A MUST. if her tittays already sag pass the belly button, then you already know what to do. pls dont get fooled by them gals with big tittays firmly locked in push up bras, this is one of the fallacy of the 20th century and just another trick used by our sistas out there, lol!

- if that girl is beautiful, then alarm bells will be ringing even louder, as you most definitely must ask yourself:" what is it about this beautiful gal that drives people away?" YES, there must be something within her that is driving all potential mates away, something so foul that men are willing to disregard her beauty...so thread carefully!

- then the idea of WHY she has never been able to meet the right person must also be considered. as much as many may be unlucky like that, there are equal chances that she may have the wrong attitude, the wrong goals in life, the wrong mindset, the wrong lifestyle, the wrong background/past, TOO DESPERATE etc. again, a thorough check must be done to get to the bottom of it all, and know exactly what it is.

this post doesn't sound like you.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 6:27am On Sep 06, 2012
Dimples 316: @ Naturalwaves.

We are cool wink, but I really don't know what you want me to reconsider. I am not aversed to marriage neither do I hate it. I just don't feel a desire for it and am not desperate because I've turned 29.

Does this mean U could get married someday? If yes,then U already av a lil rethink atleast,U are not outrightly cancelling out the possibility of a marriage even though d probability is so so so so slim with respect to U.Just like what SHIZZLE11 has said,if d converse happens,DON'T MAKE IT TOO LIL,TOO LATE. Cheers!!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2012
@ Dimples, Girl i followed all your comments and I for one whole heartedly agree with you. Marriage is not every woman's desire and it surely isn't a necessity in this day and age. I am a young woman in my 20s and I am very much single, not because I haven't been approached by men or because I'm a runs girl but because I don't want to be in any relationship. I got out of a serious relationship with my ex earlier this year because he wanted us to marry whereas I wasn't ready for such commitment. Since I can remember, I've always dreamed of being a successful dentist, helping other people with their health and I am determined to accomplish my goal first. Marriage or long term relationships will only hinder this dream because relationships and marriage come with a lot of baggage. I am not completely ruling out marriage from my life, I would love to get married at least in my early 30s and then have children but if me sacrificing relationships for my aspirations of becoming a successful dentist first will make no man want me because I'm too old in my 30's then so be it, marriage isn't a necessity. I can as well just have children out of wedlock, having children is a necessity for me. But I am not worried about getting married in my 30's because America isn't so darn fixated on age like Nigeria is. Most Nigerian men are fixated on marrying a woman in her 20's, if I was fixated on marrying a Nigerian man then I might think differently on this issue but if I do get married, I would likely marry an American man so I am not into any rush. I am not bashing early marriages because I know some people would prefer marriage before any other thing. For example, my mother married my father at 20 and had me at 21 and now she's in her 40s and looks great, sometimes people think she's my older sister and she loves it lol. I would love to be in my 40's and look like my daughter's elder sister but for that to happen, I would have to get married asap, which I am not ready for. Anyways, No/Late Marriage is not a Sin!!!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 06, 2012
There's something I always say and bliv in. Despite the fact that there's no time limit for marriage, not being married when most of your age mates are getting married or alredi have children is bound to make u feel "somehow". Anybody saying otherwise is just deceiving his/her self.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dubemkelly(m): 7:26am On Sep 06, 2012
Tis only in Africa dat a woman z considered complete once she has a man 2 b called her hubby tho @tyms a single life could b boring n exhaustive alongside fun-filled,one needs companion nd u can't keep dating 4eva,u need a permanent food flask of urs,aside dat there's no big deal in being a single lady wen u hv d resources 2 take care of urself, funny enuf some african communities r so fetish dat dey can't stop using spells on peeps buh wt prayers God is gonna manifest His works...Keep searching buh take ur tym cos dere r sum marriages dat r worse dan nightmares,mysterious n full of regrets,PHEW!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Can't Marry A Barber / Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / When She Likes Bringing Friends Along To Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.