Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. (30085 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / I Am 30 And My Girlfriend Is 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2012
12 inches!:
There's something I always say and bliv in. Despite the fact that there's no time limit for marriage, not being married when most of your age mates are getting married or alredi have children is bound to make u feel "somehow". Anybody saying otherwise is just deceiving his/her self.

Well dear, I can tell you that being around my age mates that are already married with kids do not make me feel "somehow", in fact it makes me more happy with my decision to put off marriage for a while...and I am not deceiving myself at all. My age mates that are married with children have so much more responsibility, I wouldn't be able to deal with it all. I love the fact that I don't have a husband to answer to or children to take care of. I don't need to rush home from school or work to come and make food for my hubby or to help the kids with their school work and whatnot. When I come back from school, I just chill with my friends or go partying or anything fun. I love it that way and I would not have it any other way. My friend, thats 1 year younger than me, got married at 18, has 3 children already and looks older than me because of all the stress and responsibility that comes with having a family. She wanted to go to medical school, but she had to put it on hold so as to dedicate her time to her family. She tells me at times she envies me because I'm living out my dreams...she says she adores her hubby and loves her children but she wishes she would have waited before getting married and starting a family. So my dear, your statement is pretty false because everyone is different and have their own outlook on life.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 06, 2012
candieangel12:

Well dear, I can tell you that being around my age mates that are already married with kids do not make me feel "somehow", in fact it makes me more happy with my decision to put off marriage for a while...and I am not deceiving myself at all. My age mates that are married with children have so much more responsibility, I wouldn't be able to deal with it all. I love the fact that I don't have a husband to answer to or children to take care of. I don't need to rush home from school or work to come and make food for my hubby or to help the kids with their school work and whatnot. When I come back from school, I just chill with my friends or go partying or anything fun. I love it that way and I would not have it any other way. My friend, thats 1 year younger than me, got married at 18, has 3 children already and looks older than me because of all the stress and responsibility that comes with having a family. She wanted to go to medical school, but she had to put it on hold so as to dedicate her time to her family. She tells me at times she envies me because I'm living out my dreams...she says she adores her hubby and loves her children but she wishes she would have waited before getting married and starting a family. So my dear, your statement is pretty false because everyone is different and have their own outlook on life.

This thread is abt pple that are 30+ but u're not 30+ so it probably doesn't apply to you. You're probably early twenties. Your friend married quite young and I can assume most of your age mates are in school studying one course or the other and also like you having fun. But if u were to have finished school, and your friends start getting married and you were to be the only unmarried one you are bound to feel 'somehow'. How long can you continue to have "fun". Even the people you're presently having fun with will get married and won't be in the interested in the kind of fun you're interested in now. When one of your age mates invites you for their child's bday party u'll get a full perspective. Keep having fun till then sha. Do you want to grow old and be alone without children or be remembered as the woman that never married. Think!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by oobim(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2012
Make una free our women na!Life cn b unfair somtyms.do u all wana tel me dat those gals who married before 30 lived a more decent life?Trust me,i knw 30* ladies who were so decent.Somtyms i wonder if u guys hav mothers,sis n daughters.If u r a guy,30 yrs and nt yet a millionaire,do nt own ur own house n cars;SHAME ON YOU!Now,how abt dat?
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dahbutter(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2012
o.obim:
If u r a guy,30 yrs and nt yet a millionaire,do nt own ur own house n cars;SHAME ON YOU!Now,how abt dat?
YEAH, shame on u tongue , now let that shame drive u to doing what u oughta do! grin
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 10:01am On Sep 06, 2012
candieangel12: My age mates that are married with children have so much more responsibility, I wouldn't be able to deal with it all. I love the fact that I don't have a husband to answer to or children to take care of.

This shows that U are not even matured enough to get married.The responsibilities of being married seems to scare U such that U feel U are incapable.So,wen are U gonna get responsible wrt marriage?

candieangel12: When I come back from school, I just chill with my friends or go partying or anything fun. I love it that way and I would not have it any other way
And how long is the fun going to continue? With d way U've been sounding all through, u look like someone that will even be so afraid to pass through the process of a child delivery.My dear,life is not all about career and fun(everyone loves fun).If not,men will not even get married atall.We can just av kids outside wedlock,date numerous women and live life to d fullest.There are some certain responsibilities that comes with difft ages. In d words of SHIZZLE11,when U finally make up ur mind to stop d fun and get more serious,DONT LEAVE IT TOO LIL,TOO LATE. Cheers!!!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by sashaa(f): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2012
o.obim:
Make una free our women na!Life cn b unfair somtyms.do u all wana tel me dat those gals who married before 30 lived a more decent life?Trust me,i knw 30* ladies who were so decent.Somtyms i wonder if u guys hav mothers,sis n daughters.If u r a guy,30 yrs and nt yet a millionaire,do nt own ur own house n cars;SHAME ON YOU!Now,how abt dat?
thank u, obim!!

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by oobim(m): 10:42am On Sep 06, 2012
Dahbutter:
YEAH, shame on u tongue , now let that shame drive u to doing what u oughta do! grin
Hahahaha!Now u feel what 'em girls feel when u tell them that nt marrying at 30 is a shame.I'm a millionaire,building my own house n aint 30 yet.Shame on u for nt owning a house at 30.Ladies,ds shud b d question u ask any stewpid man who ask u why u stil single at 30;'why aint u living in a mansion at 30'
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by LarryTreash(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2012
God way giv u big head go giv u cap way u go use cover am.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2012
o.obim:
Hahahaha!Now u feel what 'em girls feel when u tell them that nt marrying at 30 is a shame.I'm a millionaire,building my own house n aint 30 yet.Shame on u for nt owning a house at 30.Ladies,ds shud b d question u ask any stewpid man who ask u why u stil single at 30;'why aint u living in a mansion at 30'

Ur argument is so baseless and meaningless.U are comparing A WOMAN,whose period of fertility has an expiry period with WEALTH/ MONEY that has no deadline and can be made at any time.I wonder ow U made ur millions with this type of brain(no offence,just wondering).Did U get urs thru inheritance or U got fixed into a good job by a top gun? U shuld find it a lil bit tough passing a 'SHL test' with this type of reasoning.I hope Ur millions is legitimate anyway? Don't U know that women who get married around 30+ stands a great health risk and fertility problem? Except if such woman won't be giving birth.Didn't U see LEOBREEZY'S post where he gave some useful advices about what women who want to get married ASAP can start doing to increase d chances? But U were too sentimental to see that.U've forgotten that a lot of people will read all these posts even though just few of us are making comments,so,whatever U say,will go a long way.Though,I'm not in support of asking a lady Y she is not married,asking them to reciprocate such questions with 'Y are U not living in a mansion' or 'Y are U not a millionaire' will only compound things.U may give another advice.I know U can do better.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by hardbody: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
shizzle11:

Hmmmn, human beings and mindset, nawaooo!

@Dimples, swwetie, no offense pls, you jst turned 29 and still single, and the posts from the family section scares you from even 'thinking' marriage and you want to dedicated th rest of your life taking care of your ageing parents(as if those who are married don't happily do that). Do you intend to get kids (that is of course out of wedlock) cos u'll definately need one or two to take care of you when you start ageing. Just asking'o, and maybe a food for thought for some.

I opted not to contribute to this thread since i have my own opinion which is already fixated. However i did not know that the real reason why people have children, is, according to you to take care of them when they start aging. Honestly in my world, i had grown out of that mindset. My parents have enough investments not to bother about what i am able to do for them, and i am growing mine to ensure i do not rely on children to take care of me. Dude, I honestly agree with Dimples. Marraige provides nothing additional to our daily lives neither does it guarantee anything. We should learn to cut these sisters a slack. If they so choose to remain, so let it be, even your holy book that most of you will kill for (the bible, and btw i believe in it too) has not insisted on marriage, it only requires couples to have a single partner in marriage. There were several in bible times that never got married and it was not counted an error or offence for them. People should be able to do whatever makes them happy and forget about what society thinks, afterall when u get unhappy in marriage, same society will start bad mouthing you and saying you cannot keep a household. SMH
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by geogeous(f): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
We are bound to have different perceptions. I quite have the same perception as dimples....ur happiness shouldnt solely depend upon any man or marriage itself. Of course that doesn't mean we dont wanna get married and have kids bt its just not a number one priority right now despite the advancing age.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
hardbody: However i did not know that the real reason why people have children, is, according to you to take care of them when they start aging. Honestly in my world, i had grown out of that mindset. My parents have enough investments not to bother about what i am able to do for them, and i am growing mine to ensure i do not rely on children to take care of me.

You av missed d point completely.Taking care of one's parents is not about money alone.There are so many things that a child can do for a Parent aside cash.D presence of one alone at old age is enough.Even if U av enough cash to hire maids and all staffs on planet earth,d place of a child can never be taken.Who will take over all ur investments when u finally die? Families?,relatives? Government? And U will watch all U've worked hard for to just go off so cheaply like that without imparting directly into anyone to take over .If d owners of great investments didn't av children,some of d companies will not be standing till date.Infact,d process of modelling and tutoring a child from infanthood to adulthood is great fun.So,U see,aving a child to take care of one is not solely about financies.No one can take d place of a child.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by komek(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
OP, I don't seem to undastand what u want. Is it that u like ur sinlgles status at 30+? Or is it that the pressure of marriage is becoming unbearable to u? As for me , from all u said and the arrongance in ur word, u don't seem to be ready for marriage and I don't think its a bad idea if the life u r living makes u happy. At this age, it looks as if u r still catching ur fun. Whc is still ok by me. Marriage is nt a 'most' thing in life. We all have different callings. Choose what u want and stick on
It. You can still hang out with Children who are still in their mother's womb. Its a matter of choice.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
naturalwaves:

This shows that U are not even matured enough to get married.The responsibilities of being married seems to scare U such that U feel U are incapable.So,wen are U gonna get responsible wrt marriage?

And how long is the fun going to continue? With d way U've been sounding all through, u look like someone that will even be so afraid to pass through the process of a child delivery.My dear,life is not all about career and fun(everyone loves fun).If not,men will not even get married atall.We can just av kids outside wedlock,date numerous women and live life to d fullest.There are some certain responsibilities that comes with difft ages. In d words of SHIZZLE11,when U finally make up ur mind to stop d fun and get more serious,DONT LEAVE IT TOO LIL,TOO LATE. Cheers!!!

Well I can bet you that I am more mature than you are. Just because I am not yet ready to deal with all the baggage that comes with marriage doesn't make me any less mature. So are you trying to say Oprah, Tyra Banks, Kelly Rowland, etc. are not yet matured? Please, I am positive they are more mature than all of us on this thread. The reason why I say that I am not ready for such responsibilities is because I am still in dental school, which is already a lot of stress. As for the fun, I plan to enjoy my fun for as long as I can. Uhm, why the hell would I be afraid to have kids? I said earlier that I want children of my own even if I don't marry. Child birth is a natural phenomenon so why should it scare me? Stop jumping to stupid conclusions without any facts. I know that I can't party and have fun my whole life, that is why I am partying and having fun now, when I get into my 30's then I can settle down. Why should rush myself into a life-long commitment when I am not ready yet? This is one of the reasons people get into divorces anyhow, because they rush into marriages when they are not ready. You guys are making a HUGE deal about women marrying early, geeze, when will Nigeria can stop being so fixated on age? Yes, I agree there is more to life than a career and having fun but then again there is more to life than being married. Marriage does not determine whether a person has a meaningful life or not, many women these days don't want to marry at all because everyone has a different outlook on life. Stop judging women that prefer to marry later or decide to opt out of marriage.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
12 inches!:

This thread is abt pple that are 30+ but u're not 30+ so it probably doesn't apply to you. You're probably early twenties. Your friend married quite young and I can assume most of your age mates are in school studying one course or the other and also like you having fun. But if u were to have finished school, and your friends start getting married and you were to be the only unmarried one you are bound to feel 'somehow'. How long can you continue to have "fun". Even the people you're presently having fun with will get married and won't be in the interested in the kind of fun you're interested in now. When one of your age mates invites you for their child's bday party u'll get a full perspective. Keep having fun till then sha. Do you want to grow old and be alone without children or be remembered as the woman that never married. Think!

Uhm, nope stop jumping to conclusions. I am not in my early 20's, those days are long gone. I am in dental school...which is a 4 year doctoral program after you finish 4 years of college. So you can see I am not in my early 20's at all...I will be 30 in 1.5 years. So I think I am qualified enough to put my input on this thread. Well since I live in America, most of my friends aren't even married at our age. Age is nothing but a number here. I have some married friends, some divorced friends, and some with kids. So as you can see, I have a variety of friends and their marital status doesn't influence my decision. If I wanted to have children and get married at this point in my life, I would have agreed to 1 of the 4 men that have proposed to me but as you can see,marriage and kids aren't really my priority. My best friend got married at 22 because marriage and kids were here priority, when we were younger she always dreamed of getting married and having kids early whereas I always dreamed of traveling around the world and enjoying the single life until my 30's. We had very different priorities because we are different people. Lol and I've been to my friend's children bday parties, I am the God-mother of my best friend's first child and yes, it made me know that 1 of the joys to life is that of motherhood, nothing can replace that. But like I have said, I will enjoy being a mother at my own time. If I have my children when I am 33, I will be 66 when my own kids will be 33, and 66 is not old at all. I know many women that still have their groove at this age. lol. Please you guys should stop letting marriage define a woman's worth.

2 Likes

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
naturalwaves:

Ur argument is so baseless and meaningless.U are comparing A WOMAN,whose period of fertility has an expiry period with WEALTH/ MONEY that has no deadline and can be made at any time.I wonder ow U made ur millions with this type of brain(no offence,just wondering).Did U get urs thru inheritance or U got fixed into a good job by a top gun? U shuld find it a lil bit tough passing a 'SHL test' with this type of reasoning.I hope Ur millions is legitimate anyway? Don't U know that women who get married around 30+ stands a great health risk and fertility problem? Except if such woman won't be giving birth.Didn't U see LEOBREEZY'S post where he gave some useful advices about what women who want to get married ASAP can start doing to increase d chances? But U were too sentimental to see that.U've forgotten that a lot of people will read all these posts even though just few of us are making comments,so,whatever U say,will go a long way.Though,I'm not in support of asking a lady Y she is not married,asking them to reciprocate such questions with 'Y are U not living in a mansion' or 'Y are U not a millionaire' will only compound things.U may give another advice.I know U can do better.

Your argument isn't very legit. A woman in her 30s has the same chance as a woman in her 20s to give birth to a healthy child. Seriously, all you people saying a woman 30+ poses a greater health risk to fertility issues have some misconceptions. Are you guys doctors or what? This is a common lie that Nigeria feeds to our young women and that is why most of them are rushing into marriage when they are not ready. A woman's fertility decreases slightly from 35+ and it decreases a lot by 40+. There are many women that have children well into their late 30s early 40s, for example Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez. Tyra Banks and Gabrielle Union are in their late 30's, childless and not married. They both said they want children some day but even though they're clocks are ticking for them, they are not running to the nearest alter to get married or have kids out of wedlock. They are taking their time till the time is right for them. In this day age, with all the technology, a woman in her 50s can even have children. Does early marriage guarantee children? Some women that have been married for years are still childless, so please this whole 30+ years shenanigins is nonsense. A woman will have children when it God's time, be it 20 or 45.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by charles316: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
[size=18pt]and then there is the issue of freshness of the toto, yep you heard me right FRESHNESS OF THE TOTO!!!!!
most single women meet about 5 different sex partner a yr (i am being generous), and since they start fukcing at about 19yrs old (and i am VERY generous once again), it means that a particular lady could have no less than 55 different men mounting her toto by the time she gets to 30yrs old. although there is nothing wrong with that, it means that this toto has seen its fair share of traffic, and as we all know that traffic mean heavy maintenance, that toto has long pass its sale by date. it may taste great, but chances are the elasticity and mechanic of that said coochie is close to giving up on you. a 20yr old coochie will get its elasticity back after a pregnancy (with the right exercises), for a 30yr old coochie it will be 3 times as hard.....[/size]

MR BROWNJ,U ARE THE BEST.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Josephchuks: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ah,30+ is no barrier at all to marriage. Love and marriage is for adults and 30+ is
best set of people for marriage.By way who says 30+ is over aged for marriage? What about men?
How many of us marry at that age?

2 Likes

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by pearlhapi(f): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
marvelck: When A Girl Is 30+...and still single. Though she's 30+, she still look young and feel young. And she's less bothered by what people say about her. Since she's comfortable, has a good job, a nice apartment and a fine car to go with it. And she dresses and wear things younger girls wear. Though she feels lonely atimes, especially in the night, but she consoles herself either with her BB + pinging to keep herself company, or by watching romantic movies and cuddling her teddy bears to keep herself warm. she partys alot and hang out with other girls, but it can never be like when u're with ur family (wife, husband and kids). and atimes it's fun when you're single and happy, and not under the 'chain' of any man. but the only 'comma' in all of this, is that each time she wants to hang out with other girls, she realizes that these girls are still in their 20s and she's like a aunty in their midst. since girls her age are already married...married with kids!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
candieangel12:

Your argument isn't very legit. A woman in her 30s has the same chance as a woman in her 20s to give birth to a healthy child. Seriously, all you people saying a woman 30+ poses a greater health risk to fertility issues have some misconceptions. Are you guys doctors or what? This is a common lie that Nigeria feeds to our young women and that is why most of them are rushing into marriage when they are not ready. A woman's fertility decreases slightly from 35+ and it decreases a lot by 40+. There are many women that have children well into their late 30s early 40s, for example Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez. Tyra Banks and Gabrielle Union are in their late 30's, childless and not married. They both said they want children some day but even though they're clocks are ticking for them, they are not running to the nearest alter to get married or have kids out of wedlock. They are taking their time till the time is right for them. In this day age, with all the technology, a woman in her 50s can even have children. Does early marriage guarantee children? Some women that have been married for years are still childless, so please this whole 30+ years shenanigins is nonsense. A woman will have children when it God's time, be it 20 or 45.

U got it all wrong.A woman whose age is advanced has a lower fertility rate than a younger one and women who starts aving kids from 30+ will give birth through 35+ if such women want to av more than a kid.It was also reported that children with downs syndrome and other types of birth abnormalies were given birth to mostly by women whose ages are advanced.Here is a proof.U may like to read this;
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/ageandpregnancy/
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
naturalwaves:

U got it all wrong.A woman whose age is advanced has a lower fertility rate than a younger one and women who starts aving kids from 30+ will give birth through 35+ if such women want to av more than a kid.It was also reported that children with downs syndrome and other types of birth abnormalies were given birth to mostly by women whose ages are advanced.Here is a proof.U may like to read this;
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/ageandpregnancy/

Yeah Yeah, you have it all wrong. I said a woman's fertility decreases when they reach 35+, you are saying that it decreases at 30+. I read the article and I know all about that stuff and the article is clearly stating that a woman begins to have fertility issues around 35+...so what's the big deal about marrying and having children between 30-35? Still, everyone's case is different...there are still very fertile women in their early 40s just as there are very infertile women in their 20s. So what is your point and what is it that I am wrong about? Maybe you didn't read your so called article very clearly and maybe you didn't read the women's comments on the article, one had her 1st child at 32 and the other is 40 years old and pregnant. So, again I ask what is your point? You still make no sense to me.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
charles316: [size=18pt]and then there is the issue of freshness of the toto, yep you heard me right FRESHNESS OF THE TOTO!!!!!
most single women meet about 5 different sex partner a yr (i am being generous), and since they start fukcing at about 19yrs old (and i am VERY generous once again), it means that a particular lady could have no less than 55 different men mounting her toto by the time she gets to 30yrs old. although there is nothing wrong with that, it means that this toto has seen its fair share of traffic, and as we all know that traffic mean heavy maintenance, that toto has long pass its sale by date. it may taste great, but chances are the elasticity and mechanic of that said coochie is close to giving up on you. a 20yr old coochie will get its elasticity back after a pregnancy (with the right exercises), for a 30yr old coochie it will be 3 times as hard.....[/size]

MR BROWNJ,U ARE THE BEST.

To the guy saying that women at 30 have had at least 55 sex partners has serious issues. Maybe it is your sister or mother that had 55 sex partners. Why would you insinuate such rubbish? Are you trying to say that a single woman at 30 years is a slut and that they have no self respect? I have never met a woman that had such an outrageous number of partners before. Men usually have more sex partners than female but do you see any female here complaining about men and their saggy and rugged balls after all the sex they have? Please, NL is not a forum for insulting women. I won't lie and say that I have never had sex but I can assure you that since my 28 years of living, I have had less than 5 sex partners. The filth that comes out of some Nigerian men's mouth is quite alarming. I thank God that my brothers don't think such demeaning thoughts of women.

2 Likes

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
^^^^ i suggest you go back and read what i wrote before busting a vein, as you are clearly talking in the air. BTW funny how you completely missed (or selfishly decided to disregard) where i've written that there was nothing wrong in having 55 partners....... ah women!!!!! ok let me educate you then:
1) if it is my sister/mother that had 55 partners by the age of 30, would my post now make some sense TO YOU?
2) where in the above post did you see the word SLUT or LACK OF SELF RESPECT?
3) how blind are you that you missed the FOCUS of the above post, which was about toto elasticity?!
4) are you saying that because you have never met such women THEY DONT EXIST by the boat load in 9ja? some gals have such amount of partner before they even get an education/degree. i suggest you open you eyes and educate yourself on RUNZ.
5) who cares how many partners a man has, since we all know that a man can have a hardon till well into his 90s (thanks to a $20 blue pill)?
6) if you believe that my post insults women then so be it, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it...... but thats MY OPINION nevertheless.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 11:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
candieangel12:

Yeah Yeah, you have it all wrong. I said a woman's fertility decreases when they reach 35+, you are saying that it decreases at 30+. I read the article and I know all about that stuff and the article is clearly stating that a woman begins to have fertility issues around 35+...so what's the big deal about marrying and having children between 30-35? Still, everyone's case is different...there are still very fertile women in their early 40s just as there are very infertile women in their 20s. So what is your point and what is it that I am wrong about? Maybe you didn't read your so called article very clearly and maybe you didn't read the women's comments on the article, one had her 1st child at 32 and the other is 40 years old and pregnant. So, again I ask what is your point? You still make no sense to me.
If U read my post well,U will see that,I said a woman who gets married at 30+ will give birth THROUGH 35+( most likely) xcept if she wants just an issue.
A woman's fertility declines with increasing age and a woman starts having fertility problems from 35+ according to d article .U forgot d fact that 30+ means any age from 30 upwards and U quickly concluded that d woman will av kids btw d ages 30-35.What if she gets married at 34 or 33 and she wants to av like 3 children? Won't she span d age 35 in d process?Or won't d children be spaced atall? If a woman spans 35 years and report has it that women from that age tend to av fertility problems,that means there is d probability of the woman aving such problems? That's d point!
Won't it be logical for one to try and av kids when there is a great chance for fertility rather than wait till when or close to when medical professionals say fertility starts declining.Y put one's self under probability when there is a phase for certainty (all things being equal).That's d point! Moving away from medicine and theories,I av seen countless examples of couples who got married late and their major challenge always seem to be d ability or difficulty in conceiving in which d major diagnosis was that d wife is not very fertile as xpected due to advancing age.
Moreover,U didn't talk about d point in d link I gave U that said 'there is a higher risk of giving birth to children with Down's syndrome,Edward's syndrome,Patau's syndrome and d likes in women that wait till such advanced ages'?.This means that,aside d fertility problem,there is also a probability of giving birth to a faulty product.
Considering all these,won't it be rather advisable to play safe and av kids at an earlier age?
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 12:42am On Sep 07, 2012
naturalwaves:
If U read my post well,U will see that,I said a woman who gets married at 30+ will give birth THROUGH 35+( most likely) xcept if she wants just an issue.
A woman's fertility declines with increasing age and a woman starts having fertility problems from 35+ according to d article .U forgot d fact that 30+ means any age from 30 upwards and U quickly concluded that d woman will av kids btw d ages 30-35.What if she gets married at 34 or 33 and she wants to av like 3 children? Won't she span d age 35 in d process?Or won't d children be spaced atall? If a woman spans 35 years and report has it that women from that age tend to av fertility problems,that means there is d probability of the woman aving such problems? That's d point!
Won't it be logical for one to try and av kids when there is a great chance for fertility rather than wait till when or close to when medical professionals say fertility starts declining.Y put one's self under probability when there is a phase for certainty (all things being equal).That's d point! Moving away from medicine and theories,I av seen countless examples of couples who got married late and their major challenge always seem to be d ability or difficulty in conceiving in which d major diagnosis was that d wife is not very fertile as xpected due to advancing age.
Moreover,U didn't talk about d point in d link I gave U that said 'there is a higher risk of giving birth to children with Down's syndrome,Edward's syndrome,Patau's syndrome and d likes in women that wait till such advanced ages'?.This means that,aside d fertility problem,there is also a probability of giving birth to a faulty product.
Considering all these,won't it be rather advisable to play safe and av kids at an earlier age?

A woman will have kids when the time is right and when she is able to take care of her children, there is no need into rushing into marriage for the sake of childbirth. If a woman knows she wants many children then yes, she should marry and start having children earlier like my mother who had all 6 of us before she clocked 35 but if a woman, for example me, wants only 1 or 2 children then what is the rush? I can only speak on my behalf because I am not against early marriage but early marriage and early child bearing is not for me. Yes having a child when one is above 35+ can lead to defects but with all the technology and the right pre-natal care, this likelihood diminishes. And maybe you forgot that it is not only women that cause fertility issues and high risks pregnancy, the man can be just as much to blame. So don't go pointing fingers at women. This is the 21st century and you guys need to get more educated on this issue instead of claiming myopic views. Be it 20 or 40, a woman should marry when she finds the right man and when she is ready to handle the responsibilities that come with being a wife and mother. No one should rush into marriage because that would be a mistake one will regret. There is more to life than all this marriage nonsense. Let's just leave it at this, I'm tired of stressing out that marriage should be done when one feels ready. Let's agree to disagree because all this head butting will get us nowhere. No one can change my views, I am just giving my own opinion to the females on here that think their lives are over because they are single and 30.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by candieangel12(f): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ i suggest you go back and read what i wrote before busting a vein, as you are clearly talking in the air. BTW funny how you completely missed (or selfishly decided to disregard) where i've written that there was nothing wrong in having 55 partners....... ah women!!!!! ok let me educate you then:
1) if it is my sister/mother that had 55 partners by the age of 30, would my post now make some sense TO YOU?
2) where in the above post did you see the word SLUT or LACK OF SELF RESPECT?
3) how blind are you that you missed the FOCUS of the above post, which was about toto elasticity?!
4) are you saying that because you have never met such women THEY DONT EXIST by the boat load in 9ja? some gals have such amount of partner before they even get an education/degree. i suggest you open you eyes and educate yourself on RUNZ.
5) who cares how many partners a man has, since we all know that a man can have a hardon till well into his 90s (thanks to a $20 blue pill)?
6) if you believe that my post insults women then so be it, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it...... but thats MY OPINION nevertheless.

Please, I don't need your education...I know enough and maybe even more about this topic. You men running around here thinking they know more about women. I never said you said SLUT or LACK OF RESPECT but clearly a woman that has had up to 55 sex partners is a SLUT, maybe you didn't know that....or maybe you need to be educated? And well you can go ahead and say what you want about toto elasticity just as I stand by the fact that the older a man gets, the saggier and rugged his balls become. I never said anything about men not getting erected because women can as well get pleasured well into their 90s. Just as you don't want an loose toto, some ladies don't want saggy and rugged balls. Runz girls or whatever are a different case because they do it for the money. A regular, ordinary woman that prides herself does not go around sleeping with men like a Runz girl does. Anyways I am done with you on this topic, if a man choses who he wants to marry bases on the toto elasticity of a woman then he has some deep serious issues. Case Closed.

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 1:05am On Sep 07, 2012
candieangel12:

A woman will have kids when the time is right and when she is able to take care of her children, there is no need into rushing into marriage for the sake of childbirth. If a woman knows she wants many children then yes, she should marry and start having children earlier like my mother who had all 6 of us before she clocked 35 but if a woman, for example me, wants only 1 or 2 children then what is the rush? I can only speak on my behalf because I am not against early marriage but early marriage and early child bearing is not for me. Yes having a child when one is above 35+ can lead to defects but with all the technology and the right pre-natal care, this likelihood diminishes. And maybe you forgot that it is not only women that cause fertility issues and high risks pregnancy, the man can be just as much to blame. So don't go pointing fingers at women. This is the 21st century and you guys need to get more educated on this issue instead of claiming myopic views. Be it 20 or 40, a woman should marry when she finds the right man and when she is ready to handle the responsibilities that come with being a wife and mother. No one should rush into marriage because that would be a mistake one will regret. There is more to life than all this marriage nonsense. Let's just leave it at this, I'm tired of stressing out that marriage should be done when one feels ready. Let's agree to disagree because all this head butting will get us nowhere. No one can change my views, I am just giving my own opinion to the females on here that think their lives are over because they are single and 30.

Okay,ur point is well understood.Particularly in ur own case where U are considering just an issue or maybe two.All d best! Like U rightly said,we disagree to agree.Goodnight!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Denise216(f): 2:56am On Sep 07, 2012
I don;t like or want kids. That is why I'm single. The idea of a mother-in-law makes me want to stay single. LOL.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 07, 2012
We talk about the girls, how many boys are married at 32yrs. I think we have more boys not married at 33 than girls not married at 30. If we do then who will marry the girls. A poster just spoke my mind. God time is the best. Have you not seen a virgin at 30 that is still single. So it is not about being selective or using her youthful life but God purpose concerning that life. Our society we live in thinks otherwise that is why most of them rush into marriage just to please the society and rush out when they find out that they got the wrong person. Let every one take his or her time and wait for God's time. And it shall surely come and not tarry.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2012
candieangel12:
Please, I don't need your education...I know enough and maybe even more about this topic. You men running around here thinking they know more about women. I never said you said SLUT or LACK OF RESPECT but clearly a woman that has had up to 55 sex partners is a SLUT, maybe you didn't know that....or maybe you need to be educated? And well you can go ahead and say what you want about toto elasticity just as I stand by the fact that the older a man gets, the saggier and rugged his balls become. I never said anything about men not getting erected because women can as well get pleasured well into their 90s. Just as you don't want an loose toto, some ladies don't want saggy and rugged balls. Runz girls or whatever are a different case because they do it for the money. A regular, ordinary woman that prides herself does not go around sleeping with men like a Runz girl does. Anyways I am done with you on this topic, if a man choses who he wants to marry bases on the toto elasticity of a woman then he has some deep serious issues. Case Closed.

you definitely (and obviously) need some education, so let me help you further:
- if YOU believe that a woman that has had 55 partners is a slut and lacks respect, then why dont YOU say so and advise your sisterhood members instead, and stop trying to blame ME for stating a simple fact about what many of our sistas in 9ja (and around the world) are doing.

- now what has saggy and rugged balls got do do with HAVING S.EX?! do you need balls now for penetration? do you need balls now to have fulfilling/satisfying s.ex? bwaaah! some women clearly like to talk about nonsense instead of sticking to the damn FACTS. so let me educate you some more:
we men love sex, and the tighter a toto will be (not TOO tight o!) the better it is, and the more loose that toto is, then we wont FEEL or ENJOY it as much.....so a toto elasticity is VERY IMPORTANT in order for a man to enjoy sex with his companion......on the other hand, so long as a dick gets rock hard, then women would enjoy the sex (providing this man was good in bed of course) and his saggy/rugged balls have NOTHING to do with having great sex. so talking about saggy/rugged balls when i am clearly talking about sexual satisfaction is not only talking in the air, but also opening your mouth when it should have stayed CLOSED on the subject......unless of course, you have something meaningful to say other than the gibberish you are on about.

- you are so NOT on the subject that you even have the audacity to say that women can have pleasure well into their 90.....who said they couldnt?! LOL!!!! you must have some comprehension issues, so let me ONCE AGAIN educate you: it doesnt matter whether women can have pleasure or not, the POINT was: CAN SHE PROVIDE PLEASURE WITH HER LOOSEN TOTO?! and the answer is YES, but will that be as pleasurable as a tight 20yr? probably NOT.....now, use what you have between your ears and think (if you can) for one minute about men in that same situation, and see if saggy/rugged balls will make any bloody difference (so long as men have a rock hard cokc)........ duh!

- i am not even going to talk about run girls with you, as you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about....i guess you should go out more..... or maybe dress as a man, jump into a nice fat ride, drive pass any university and see how many girls are willing to jump into your car, if you bring out N10K.

- or better yet, ask any gal out there if it is ok to double/triple/quadruple date and take it from there. women of today want to be equal with men, and thats ok, but the consequences of their action has much more devastating effect on their bodies than us men. a man can fukc a hundred girl this yr and still be fit and ready to give FULFILLING pleasure to 100more next yr. a lady would do the same and by the end of the yr, her toto will probably become as dry as the bottom of the river Nile, talkless of the loss of tightness.

- as for why a man would use toto elasticity as a reason to choose (or not) someone to marry..... who is even talking of marriage here?! pls dont show your desperation on the matter, and instead, STICK TO THE SUBJECT!

but let me just say that, if you dont know that sex is VERY important to us men (focus on the word VERY), then i dont even know why i am wasting my time trying to educate you, as you need much more help than i thought.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by SAGirl: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
I am a single woman in her 30s.

What I know about life is every situation has its pros and cons. Everybody has their own set of problems. Everybody complains about their lot in life. Married women want to be single, single women want to be married.

Most of my friends were married in their 20s: 20% of them are divorced. 30% are staying in miserable marriages because they feel they have no way out (or are scared of what people will say). 20% are in good marriages, with good man, but they still suffer from depression due the stresses of marriage. 30% are happily married and loving it.

I have both single female and male friends. And yes, we all dream of meeting that one person to spend the rest of our lives with. But what I've picked up is that single men are more stressed about their situation that single woman. They obsess about it more. And hence they assume that it should be that way with women. But it is not because women are different. We just get on with it and make best of our current situation.

If I am 32 and look 25, it means that I naturally age well. I will be 50 and I will still look damn good. Being a beautiful 22 year old does not mean much, every woman is beautiful at 22. You do not know how she's going to age, and chances are as soon as you put that ring on it she is gonna let herself go and start balooning like nobody's business. A 30 year old woman who looks good knows how to take care of herself and will never let herself go, married or not.

So.. you marry your 22 year old, and I promise you that in 10 years time, I wll still be looking like this. My tits will still be tight. But she will be looking like my Auntie.

Disclaimer: I am in no way bashing younger women, and I am in no way suggesting that you marry me or any other woman my age. You will not find one anyway who would settle for anyone with the mentality of some of the gentlemen on this forum :-)

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
@SAGirl!!! nice summary...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / She Can't Marry A Barber / When She Likes Bringing Friends Along To Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.