Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. (30083 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / I Am 30 And My Girlfriend Is 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
SAGirl: I am a single woman in her 30s.

may i first ask: do you have a wooden leg? psychological problems? behavioral issues? if you replied NO to these question then pls care to share with us the REASON why you are still single (since you clearly wrote that your dream is to find THE ONE)?!

What I know about life is every situation has its pros and cons. Everybody has their own set of problems. Everybody complains about their lot in life. Married women want to be single, single women want to be married.

yes you are right about that, women are a difficult breed to understand indeed.

Most of my friends were married in their 20s: 20% of them are divorced. 30% are staying in miserable marriages because they feel they have no way out (or are scared of what people will say). 20% are in good marriages, with good man, but they still suffer from depression due the stresses of marriage. 30% are happily married and loving it.

so in a way 50% of your friends are in good marriages......hhmmm thats not bad at all, but yet you no want do?! or decided that the other 50% are the best group to join?

I have both single female and male friends. And yes, we all dream of meeting that one person to spend the rest of our lives with. But what I've picked up is that single men are more stressed about their situation that single woman. They obsess about it more. And hence they assume that it should be that way with women. But it is not because women are different. We just get on with it and make best of our current situation.

of course, men have the same dream, but as a woman age (aka pass 30yrs old) she start to worry tenfold because she knows that her time is limited, while a man's worries might not even change. men have a bigger span to find that right person and start a family, than women. a man of 50 can still father a child and start a family (although late), the same couldnt be said about a woman.

If I am 32 and look 25, it means that I naturally age well. I will be 50 and I will still look damn good. Being a beautiful 22 year old does not mean much, every woman is beautiful at 22.

let me stop you there, WHAT!!!!!! every woman is NOT beautiful at 22, lets get that clear!
as for your "great looks", yeah you may have it till you are fifty but all this can only be confirmed from what i have written in my first post...... by examining your face and skin WITHOUT MAKEUP.

You do not know how she's going to age, and chances are as soon as you put that ring on it she is gonna let herself go and start balooning like nobody's business. A 30 year old woman who looks good knows how to take care of herself and will never let herself go, married or not.

if you are now shifting the goal post to "how people let go after marriage" then is that not what YOU may also do?! and you should know that no matter how you try to STAY in shape, your cells wouldnt work as efficiently as the ones of a 22yr old....so the work that you would have to put in is greater than what an healthy 22yr old would have to do.

So.. you marry your 22 year old, and I promise you that in 10 years time, I wll still be looking like this. My tits will still be tight. But she will be looking like my Auntie.

that is ONLY true "if" you dont take all the necessary precaution that i have outlined in my first post.
as for how you know that your breast will still face the east after a pregnancy, i certainly wonder! since most women sag after child birth due to the loss of skin elasticity after the increase in breast size during pregnancy. but keep on fooling yourself.

Disclaimer: I am in no way bashing younger women, and I am in no way suggesting that you marry me or any other woman my age. You will not find one anyway who would settle for anyone with the mentality of some of the gentlemen on this forum :-)

as hard as you may try to sell yourself on the issue, a healthy +30yr old woman will almost always be worst off(and an unwise choice) than a healthy 22yr old, because you forget the number one clue here: YOUR DESPERATE STATE OF MIND, that shouldnt be overlooked for one second.
with a 22yr old somebody, you will have fun together, enjoy yourself for a few years like most couple in love should, get to know one another like most people do, have a great time together as most couple in love should, enjoy life as a young couple BEFORE STARTING A FAMILY.......but as a 30something, your mind would be focussed on starting that family straight away (to each their own if thats what you guys desire), so that r/ship will have no fun factor, no building something together factor, routine will probably set in faster than you say "I DO", no great chemistry factor. it will be straight from r/ship to family, to routine to boredom.....and then down the line, only a 22yr old gal (propbably hired as a secretary/maid) would be able to bring back the passion in this man's life!

again ladies, dont crucify the messenger!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
I just returned to this thread to see the long drawn out battle between the genders. LOL

@ candieangel12

Babe, you know you are on a looonggg thing arguing back and forth with men like MBJ and Naturalwaves right? Just give it up, I've enjoyed your comments you've made very tight and valid points about the whole ''being single @ 30+ & marriage thing''. I feel you but most folks here will think there's something severely wrong with the likes of you and me, failing to understand we are normal human beings who just think differently and want something different from what is the norm. One love wink

@ Naturalwaves

My NL oga I hail thee,(I'm making you my oga for now as you adviced that I reconsider my take on marriage. LOL) I see you are going at it with candieangel. There's logic in your argument too, but common is marriage for the sole purpose of bearing children and doing so in good time before we hit menopause? I don't think so and you know me now, am all for adoption, adoption, adoption if you can't have children of your own OR if like me you want children out of wedlock but do not want to fornicate to have them. Remember God is working in us giving us both the desire and power to do what pleases Him (Phillipians 2:13). So my desire for a child out of wedlock via adoption may just be God's desire at work within me. Well at least I believe it is. Oh and by the way there's nothing wrong with my womb I can have children out of it just saying in case you think.............

@ MBJ

Am sure you know, you don't need to educate candieangel right? Cos she sounds like and comes across as a well informed, well rounded and sensible individual, a woman with a good head on her shoulders. Am also certain you saw the sense she made in her posts, you might wanna hook up with her cos I assume you both reside in the US of A, gringrin LOL. We are aware of your thoughts on this topic so can we all just agree to disagree. Until we jam on another thread.

@ SAGirl

I am feeling you too. One love wink
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^me, living in the US, not even if you paid me handsomely! but as the devil's lil brotha, i need to throw some oil in the fire!!!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
You don't? My bad,I erroneously assumed you lived there.

But admit it she does sound like a chic you wouldn't mind hanging out with right? tongue
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^^ the only thing i know about the gal is that she is +30 and "possibly" desperately single (aka unmarried). how can that ever be a reason to wanna hang with someone? especially when there are gazillions of 22yr old women all over the world in that same position?! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
HA! I just saw your response to SAGirl, don't know how I missed it the first time. You really are the devil's younger brother ooooo. Chei see essay wey you write.

MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ the only thing i know about the gal is that she is +30 and "possibly" desperately single (aka unmarried). how can that ever be a reason to wanna hang with someone? especially when there are gazillions of 22yr old women all over the world in that same position?! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

By the way Candieangel isn't 30+ yet, 28 I think is what I saw and dude that girl did not at all sound desperate to me ooooo, or are we reading different posts? Going by your latest comment above I take it you assume every 30+ woman is desperately single shockedshocked MBJ I know you've got more sense than that or have I been wrong about you on NL all along? Abeg free us i.e desperately single 30+ women like myself, SAGirl and candieangel12. I figure 22 year olds like Onila will do just fine. Carry go and enjoy ooo.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^^ I wrote "possibly" single now!!!! i know that NOT all single women over 30 are desperate, but i also DO know that if these women are still searching for THE ONE (and start a family), then that issue must be bothering them a great deal, since the TIC TOC of their body clock must be louder and louder! lol
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dimples316(f): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
MBJ I dey see you oooooo, clap for yourself.

grin LOL where you are concerned because I am not oblivious to the way you carefully draft your posts and string your words together, so you can't be called out on a statement without having a defence. I saw the part about ''possibly'' I just deliberately chose to ignore it.

I hail thee.
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
Dimples 316: MBJ I dey see you oooooo, clap for yourself.

grin LOL where you are concerned because I am not oblivious to the way you carefully draft your posts and string your words together, so you can't be called out on a statement without having a defence. I saw the part about ''possibly'' I just deliberately chose to ignore it.

I hail thee.

Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by naturalwaves: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
Dimples 316:
@ Naturalwaves

My NL oga I hail thee,(I'm making you my oga for now as you adviced that I reconsider my take on marriage. LOL)
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dimples 316: I see you are going at it with candieangel. There's logic in your argument too,

Thank U.

Dimples 316:
but common is marriage for the sole purpose of bearing children and doing so in good time before we hit menopause? I don't think so and you know me now, am all for adoption, adoption, adoption if you can't have children of your own OR if like me you want children out of wedlock but do not want to fornicate to have them. Remember God is working in us giving us both the desire and power to do what pleases Him (Phillipians 2:13). So my desire for a child out of wedlock via adoption may just be God's desire at work within me. Well at least I believe it is. Oh and by the way there's nothing wrong with my womb I can have children out of it just saying in case you think.............

Ofcourse NO,marriage is not for d sole purpose of giving birth before menopause.It is just advisable for those that intend giving birth to do that on time wrt the health report so that the following can happen;
1)To reduce d health dangers inherent in late conceptions(birth defects etc)
2)To boost d chances of working more with certainty rather than probability.
You know ur own case is different as U may consider an Adoption but for anyone that is considering giving birth,it is only advisable to do that early if not for anything,at least,based on medical reports.
The last part of ur statement(D WOMB PART) got me laughing.
Finally,thanks for being a good moderator on this thread.lolz...U deserve an award for PEACE.
[/quote]
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Dahbutter(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2012
Hey mommas I be needing a fly babe over thirty not interested in marriage to keep on my tab for occasional booty calls, pls holla back if interested, ill make it worth ya while. . . I pay extra goood if u don't have droopy or slippers boobies I just Need to try an old egg for a change grin
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Schonebaby: 2:20am On Sep 02, 2013
Hmmmmm I don't like this dimples girl.....something about her sounds like she's trying too hard to look single, cool and nonchalant lipsrsealed
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by passionate88: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
MRbrownJAY: although there is nothing "seemingly" wrong with a 30yr old single woman, the alarm bell will clearly ring in my mind, but that's just me....so here is how i will evaluate such person (this is just MBJ's views, pls dont get offended):

[b]- as much as a +30yr old would "seemingly" look great, we all know that the skin elasticity may have seen its fair share of cream etc, so before settling for such lady, a GOOD LOOK at her without make up is necessary in order to have a clear evaluation of the skin quality/elasticity. a poorly cared-for skin would mean that this gal would quickly look like an old hag, after a few months/yrs (check her mother without make up for CONFIRMATION).

- skin elasticity also means that her tittays would certainly sag quicker than a 20yr old (if they didnt sag already).....so a good look at her nekkid and standing IS A MUST. if her tittays already sag pass the belly button, then you already know what to do. pls dont get fooled by them gals with big tittays firmly locked in push up bras, this is one of the fallacy of the 20th century and just another trick used by our sistas out there, lol!

- if that girl is beautiful, then alarm bells will be ringing even louder, as you most definitely must ask yourself:" what is it about this beautiful gal that drives people away?" YES, there must be something within her that is driving all potential mates away, something so foul that men are willing to disregard her beauty...so thread carefully!

- then the idea of WHY she has never been able to meet the right person must also be considered. as much as many may be unlucky like that, there are equal chances that she may have the wrong attitude, the wrong goals in life, the wrong mindset, the wrong lifestyle, the wrong background/past, TOO DESPERATE etc. again, a thorough check must be done to get to the bottom of it all, and know exactly what it is.

- and then there is the issue of freshness of the toto, yep you heard me right FRESHNESS OF THE TOTO!!!!!
most single women meet about 5 different sex partner a yr (i am being generous), and since they start fukcing at about 19yrs old (and i am VERY generous once again), it means that a particular lady could have no less than 55 different men mounting her toto by the time she gets to 30yrs old. although there is nothing wrong with that, it means that this toto has seen its fair share of traffic, and as we all know that traffic mean heavy maintenance, that toto has long pass its sale by date. it may taste great, but chances are the elasticity and mechanic of that said coochie is close to giving up on you. a 20yr old coochie will get its elasticity back after a pregnancy (with the right exercises), for a 30yr old coochie it will be 3 times as hard.....[/b]

so looking at if from a life long investment's point of view, it is not a great move to go for such ladies, especially when we all know that you can get a fun, "easy go lucky", friendly young 20yr old coochie for the same hassle that you would get from most desperate 30yr old woman.

PS i am not even going to dwell on trying to educate and "reboot" the mind of that said +30yr old lady, and getting rid of all the "viruses" that have been implanted in her mind by her past r/ships. NO operating system/antivirus could handle such heavy duty work load!
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Bintexy(f): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
marvelck: When A Girl Is 30+...and still single. Though she's 30+, she still look young and feel young. And she's less bothered by what people say about her. Since she's comfortable, has a good job, a nice apartment and a fine car to go with it. And she dresses and wear things younger girls wear. Though she feels lonely atimes, especially in the night, but she consoles herself either with her BB + pinging to keep herself company, or by watching romantic movies and cuddling her teddy bears to keep herself warm. she partys alot and hang out with other girls, but it can never be like when u're with ur family (wife, husband and kids). and atimes it's fun when you're single and happy, and not under the 'chain' of any man. but the only 'comma' in all of this, is that each time she wants to hang out with other girls, she realizes that these girls are still in their 20s and she's like a aunty in their midst. since girls her age are already married...married with kids!

I am 31 & I have no regrets at all because I have not lived a bad or rough life & that applies to some other ladies too. I want to bring it to ur knowledge that marriage is a choice meaning it is necessary but not compulsory (If marriage is very compulsory we won't have reverend fathers & nuns). Marriage is not a ticket to Heaven or a happy life if u doubt me then visit one of those psychiatric homes & u will discover that most of d ladies there are frustrated married ladies.
Secondly, these days most ladies get married because of people like u just to fit in & they end up cheating on their husbands & raising other men's kids for their husbands.
Take a good look around u & sincerely tell me how many happy couple u know just because people want to fit into the society. So tey marriage don become career abi na fashion sef.
No doubt every woman needs a man but don't forget that it is their decision & not urs. The truth is at one point or the other they must have had a man propose to them but it takes a woman that knows wat she wants to reject a proposal. Marry wit a purpose, that's the idea or do u want us to talk about the high rate of divorce in Nigeria today? Let's not go there because it is sad & you wonder why they got married in the first place.
It will shock you to know that some people don't even know why they should marry, they just see it as a necessity & not to fulfill purpose because they giv you all kinds of funny reasons why they should marry.
Thumbs up to every happy married couple out there, I envy you & I pray to be like you but in the mean time I will take a glass of cold water, relax & wait on God because the last time I checked He ordained marriage & not you.
So my dear OP, it is not how far but how well. Life nor be competition, run ur race make others run theirs.

@LADIES: Don't be pressurised into marrying a man you don't love all in the name of "Mrs".
Re: When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. by Bintexy(f): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
marvelck: When A Girl Is 30+...and still single. Though she's 30+, she still look young and feel young. And she's less bothered by what people say about her. Since she's comfortable, has a good job, a nice apartment and a fine car to go with it. And she dresses and wear things younger girls wear. Though she feels lonely atimes, especially in the night, but she consoles herself either with her BB + pinging to keep herself company, or by watching romantic movies and cuddling her teddy bears to keep herself warm. she partys alot and hang out with other girls, but it can never be like when u're with ur family (wife, husband and kids). and atimes it's fun when you're single and happy, and not under the 'chain' of any man. but the only 'comma' in all of this, is that each time she wants to hang out with other girls, she realizes that these girls are still in their 20s and she's like a aunty in their midst. since girls her age are already married...married with kids!

I am 31 & I have no regrets at all because I have not lived a bad or rough life & that applies to some other ladies too. I want to bring it to ur knowledge that marriage is a choice meaning it is necessary but not compulsory (If marriage is very compulsory we won't have reverend fathers & nuns). Marriage is not a ticket to Heaven or a happy life if u doubt me then visit one of those psychiatric homes & u will discover that most of d ladies there are frustrated married ladies.
Secondly, these days most ladies get married because of people like u just to fit in & they end up cheating on their husbands & raising other men's kids for their husbands.
Take a good look around u & sincerely tell me how many happy couple u know just because people want to fit into the society. So tey marriage don become career abi na fashion sef.
No doubt every woman needs a man but don't forget that it is their decision & not urs. The truth is at one point or the other they must have had a man propose to them but it takes a woman that knows wat she wants to reject a proposal. Marry wit a purpose, that's the idea or do u want us to talk about the high rate of divorce in Nigeria today? Let's not go there because it is sad & you wonder why they got married in the first place.
It will shock you to know that some people don't even know why they should marry, they just see it as a necessity & not to fulfill purpose because they giv you all kinds of funny reasons why they should marry.
Thumbs up to every happy married couple out there, I envy you & I pray to be like you but in the mean time I will take a glass of cold water, relax & wait on God because the last time I checked He ordained marriage & not you.
So my dear OP, it is not how far but how well. Life nor be competition, run ur race make others run theirs.

@LADIES: Don't be pressurised into marrying a man you don't love all in the name of "Mrs".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / She Can't Marry A Barber / When She Likes Bringing Friends Along To Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.