Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,848 members, 7,817,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402506 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by allhavesinned: 10:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

It's a PPP and Okorocha takes the credit. That place was a home of reptiles until Okorocha took over and changed it. Why is that difficult for you to accept?

Not built by Okorocha or PDP, this is House of Assembly Quarters given to CHinwe Ekeoma( Now Chinwe Akano ) & Associate to Built, Operate and Transfer to government after years of management

This is not built by APC OR PDP.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2017
allhavesinned:

Not built by Okorocha or PDP, this is House of Assembly Quarters given to CHinwe Ekeoma( Now Chinwe Akano ) & Associate to Built, Operate and Transfer to government after years of management

This is not built by APC OR PDP.

Who did it if not Okorocha? I wonder how low some people can go all in a bid to deny Okorocha his glory. The useless Angolan made this suggestion and in my response I posted where Okorocha already did that.

Angola as a country has sunk so deep that Nigerians should consider Buhari for life Presidency.

www.voanews.com/a/angola-faces-health-crisis-as-oil-price-drop-leads-to-cutbacks/3187177.html

LUANDA — When a plunge in oil prices prompted Angola's government to slash public spending last year, street trader Antonio Simao Baptista had no idea it would leave his rundown suburb overwhelmed by filth and disease.
The budget of Africa's second largest oil exporter has been cut again this year and is 40 percent lower than two years ago.
Public services including trash collection and water sanitation, are overlooked by contractors who aren't being paid or can't import equipment due to foreign exchange shortages, contributing so a surge in deadly diseases.
"Look at the garbage and also the water we drink is filthy. The water in my home is brown. I was raised in the colonial-era and I have never seen this before," said Baptista, 60, swatting away flies and mosquitoes swarming overhead.
An outbreak of yellow fever has killed 37 people since December while there has been an increase in reported cases of malaria, cholera and chronic diarrhea, health officials said on Wednesday.
The yellow fever outbreak began in Luanda's vast Viana suburb of 1.6 million people but has spread to other parts of the country with eight new cases reported in the last 24 hours.
In Viana and other poor Luanda suburbs piles of uncollected waste block traffic and some residents have resorted to setting fire to hills of garbage, sending toxic fumes into overcrowded slums.
The situation has worsened since the rainy season began in December as heavy storms wash discarded waste and contaminated water into supplies used for washing and drinking.
Morgues and Mosquitoes
At Luanda's Cajueiro Hospital this week crowds of people waiting for treatment for cholera, diarrhea and suspected yellow fever were packed into small rooms with relatives helping nurses overwhelmed by increased patient numbers.
"You see? One more person dead now," said Maria Baptista, 43, pointing at a sobbing woman who was just informed about the death of a family member.
Baptista, no relation of Antonio, was lining up outside the hospital with dozens of other people trying to get into the packed clinic.
The annual budget for trash collection in the capital Luanda was slashed this year to $10 million from $30 million, resulting in a sharp deterioration in the sanitation of many poorer suburbs and a rise in related illnesses.
"Most of the problems are caused by mosquito bites resulting from tons of waste all over the town," said Vlademiro Russo, a leading environmentalist who advises the Angolan government. "It's becoming an emergency issue and a crisis in some areas. It is very important we find a solution fast."
Angola relies on crude exports for around 95 percent of its foreign exchange earnings and a 70 percent decline in oil prices since mid-2014 has hobbled Africa's third largest economy, sending the kwanza currency plummeting.
When the budget for waste removal was cut in August last year, the central government placed the management of sanitation under local municipal offices but funding was limited and many outstanding contracts had not been paid.
Central government has held emergency meetings this week and could deploy security forces to help tackle the crisis.
"We will redefine the ways of combating the disease. The security forces should be supporting the health agencies throughout the country," the Ministry of Interior spokesman said on Wednesday.
Anger and inequalities
The unsanitary conditions many poorer Angolans have to endure is not the reality in other areas of Luanda, which is one of the world's most expensive cities for foreigners and home to generations of billionaire oil magnates and politicians.
Though inequality is a major problem across much of Africa, Angola provides one of the starkest examples. The Gini Coefficient, a World Bank measure of inequality, puts Angola down at 169th out of 175 countries.
Last week, President Jose Eduardo dos Santos inaugurated the new "Ambiente Square" in central Luanda, an upmarket expanse of landscaped gardens developed by Portuguese construction firm Centro Cerro and funded by Angola's state-oil company Sonangol.
Many Angolans are unhappy about the government's failure to bridge the inequality gap.
"Go to the morgues and you will see them full of dead children from disease. The government is committing a crime," said street trader Baptista, who says he is reconsidering his lifelong support for dos Santos' ruling MPLA.
"We provided support to this government but we see everything is derailing.
The rich drink nice clean water, while the poor are left to die."
But despite the anger, memories of a 27-year civil war that ended in 2002 and one of the best-funded armies in Africa keep any dissent muted.
Dos Santos, a Soviet-educated petroleum engineer who has been in charge for 36 years, still has strong support within the MPLA and is expected to run in a general election next year.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
Mehn,
This design of bungalow estates should be popularized in providing affordable homes for Imo civil servants and indeed everywhere in the SE.
It is decent and beautiful compared to the chicken homes they build now as civil servants estate.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

This is ugly and unkempt. Moreover get your useless Angola out of this thread. A useless country shouldn't be brought in to Nigerian discussion. We have no value for your useless country.

My honorable cheerleader of mediocrity, I'm not from Angola but Imo born and I'm proud to be (AN IGBO MAN). Angola may be ugly and unkempt by the people, but they are taking bold steps to catch up with the rest of the world by doing big projects to change the face of their cities not like your Okorocha who are littering Imo state with substandard projects. My brother the world has move on from the mindset like yours. This is 21st century not 14th century.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
adimsmt:

My honorable cheerleader of mediocrity, I'm not from Angola but Imo born and I'm proud to be (AN IGBO MAN). Angola may be ugly and unkempt by the people but they are take bold steps to catch up with the rest of the world by doing big projects to change the face of their cities not like your Okorocha who are littering Imo state with substandard projects. My brother the world has move on from the mindset like yours. This is 21st century not 14th century.

Owerri is generally finer than Luanda when you add up all the shanties where majority of Luanda residents dwell. Angola is too small and useless to bring into any Nigerian discussion. If you had mentioned Capetown I would have considered you sane enough.

Watch this video of Luanda and tell me if this is even as good as 3000 BC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJlUSpxmTow

This is the city center like their VI or Abuja central area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zOSKlY0D4
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

So you believe you are more qualified than military Doctors? The beauty of military Hospitals is that strike is court marshalled so we now have 4 hospitals that can never go on strike or join any union.

In my field of study based on how I gained admission into University and the level where I have plied my trade, I can say unequivocally that my certificate is more superior than the Nigeria military Doctors especially when their intake was dictate by quota system. In my palace of abode, no fool can even begin to compare a military hospitals with privately owned hospitals. Your silly assessment goes to show that most Nigerians are unfortunate basement goons.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dedetwo:

In my field of study based on how I gained admission into University and the level where I have plied my trade, I can say unequivocally that my certificate is more superior than the Nigeria military Doctors especially when their intake was dictate by quota system. In my palace of abode, no fool can even begin to compare a military hospitals with privately owned hospitals. Your silly assessment goes to show that most Nigerians are unfortunate basement goons.

Then come back home and let us enjoy your wealth of experience and unequalled knowledge in the field of medicine. Dr Maduka has built a private hospital in his village of Umuchukwu which is an unrivaled edifice in Igboland. He is a Doctor like you that practised and made money in the US.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

Then come back home and let us enjoy your wealth of experience and unequalled knowledge in the field of medicine. Dr Maduka has built a private hospital in his village of Umuchukwu which is an unrivaled edifice in Igboland. He is a Doctor like you that practised and made money in the US.

I never wrote to be a physician. Not everybody is destined to pursue a profession in medical field. Again, you have shown the knack for foolery known to most Nigerians by pointing to an achievement accredited to a person you know nothing about his/her inner dealings.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dedetwo:

I never wrote to be a physician. Not everybody is destined to pursue a profession in medical field. Again, you have show the knack for foolery known to most Nigerians by pointing to an achievement accredited to a person you know nothing about his/her inner dealings.

Dede ibiakwala ozo. Kee nke bukwa inner dealings? Tell me what I don't know.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

Dede ibiakwala ozo. Kee nke bukwa inner dealings? Tell me what I don't know.

Nwokem, I must say credited should be given to whom deserved it. Dr. Maduka should be applauded for his effort to bring companies together and embark on such a project. In addition, most people are not ready to bring anything into Nigeria with the present configuration in place.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

Owerri is generally finer than Luanda when you add up all the shanties where majority of Luanda residents dwell. Angola is too small and useless to bring into any Nigerian discussion. If you had mentioned Capetown I would have considered you sane enough.

Watch this video of Luanda and tell me if this is even as good as 3000 BC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJlUSpxmTow

This is the city center like their VI or Abuja central area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zOSKlY0D4

Sometimes it baffles me how some people fail to see the bigger picture here, Angola may be garbage dump for all i care but that is not what this is all about. Yes Angola is beneath Nigeria but haven't say that, that does not minimize their effort in recent times with the kind of legacy projects they have embark on and those projects are what I'm talking about here. Some people here don't want to be compared with Angola, someone want Capetown but my take is this, if you want to be compared with Capetown we have to do it like it was done in Capetown, you cannot plant orange and expect an apple, at some point may be sixty year ago i don't know but Capetown stopped using 14th century technology and start doing big things. They will not be where they are today by businesses as usual. Owerri will not be like Capetown if they don't start building sewage system that conform to world standard not soakaways, drainage system not open drain, water treatment plants not boreholes and not overhead water tanks, good roads not substandard that flood will wash away in less than two/three years, electricity not darkness and a well planed cities not half bake estates. My people let cast our net far and wild take risks in expending our vision not doing the same things over and over and expecting different outcome. Whatever that worth doing is worth doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
adimsmt:

Sometimes it baffles me how some people fail to see the bigger picture here, Angola may be garbage dump for all i care but that is not what this is all about. Yes Angola is beneath Nigeria but haven't say that, that does not minimize their effort in recent times with the kind of legacy projects they have embark on and those projects are what I'm talking about here. Some people here don't want to be compared with Angola, someone want Capetown but my take is this, if you want to be compared with Capetown we have to do it like it was done in Capetown, you cannot plant orange and expect an apple, at some point may be sixty year ago i don't know but Capetown stopped using 14th century technology and start doing big things. They will not be where they are today by businesses as usual. Owerri will not be like Capetown if they don't start building sewage system that conform to world standard not soakaways, drainage system not open drain, water treatment plants not boreholes and not overhead water tanks, good roads not substandard that flood will wash away in less than two/three years, electricity not darkness and a well planed cities not half bake estates. My people let cast our net far and wild take risks in expending our vision not doing the same things over and over and expecting different outcome. Whatever that worth doing is worth doing well.

Well what you wrote is applicable to everywhere in Nigeria and somehow I believe that to achieve this we need to build cities from the scratch like Amaechi did in Greater Port Harcourt city and monorail which most people have condemned as waste.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
Floating bar at Crystal Lake Resort Oguta.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abagworo:

Well what you wrote is applicable to everywhere in Nigeria and somehow I believe that to achieve this we need to build cities from the scratch like Amaechi did in Greater Port Harcourt city and monorail which most people have condemned as waste.

Yes we need new cities but we also need to stop what we are doing now just look at the pictures of the estates you uploaded they are nice and beautiful architectures but the finishing are not suppose to be like that if we want good cities that are comparable to other good cities of the world we have to start from somewhere. The reason i used Angola as an example was because there are things they are doing right in terms of infrastructures and old part of Owerri can be rehabilitate to look like new city if the government of Imo state can find the will. Watch this video its in Portuguese but you will understand not that i am comparing Angola with Nigeria but this is what they are doing right as i said. This was an old area they rehabilitated our government can take a leaf from them i don't see any wrong in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdrafsw8PXc
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
adimsmt:

Yes we need new cities but we also need to stop what we are doing now just look at the pictures of the estates you uploaded they are nice and beautiful architectures but the finishing are not suppose to be like that if we want good cities that are comparable to other good cities of the world we have to start from somewhere. The reason i used Angola as an example was because there are things they are doing right in terms of infrastructures and old part of Owerri can be rehabilitate to look like new city if the government of Imo state can find the will. Watch this video its in Portuguese but you will understand not that i am comparing Angola with Nigeria but this is what they are doing right as i said. This was an old area they rehabilitated our government can take a leaf from them i don't see any wrong in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdrafsw8PXc

But there's nothing in this video that makes it better. Maybe you think Nigerian estates don't come with pavements and flowers. Angola is still learning.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 2:23am On Apr 09, 2017
Abagworo:

But there's nothing in this video that makes it better. Maybe you think Nigerian estates don't come with pavements and flowers. Angola is still learning.

Of course Angola is still learning no doubt about that but they are doing better job than we are if they have the amount we have, with the quality of job in terms of infrastructures they will be ahead of us we may disagree about that but let leave it at that, and i never said Nigerian estates don't have flowers.
As for the video, for the look of it you fail to understand the reason i put the video for you to watch. Look i want you to see how our government can transform the old Owerri by providing the necessary infrastructures like sewage, underground drains, water and sidewalks, that is what the video shows its not an estate but old dilapidated area they reconstructed with the necessary infrastructures. You made mention of building new cities of which i agreed with you but we can also do some justice to our old areas of our cities. You may be wondering why Angola of all place, I want you to go to skyscrapercity.com and see the magnitude and quality infrastructural projects across the country and i respect them for that because of the qualities of the projects. I live in America, but the last thing i do is compare America with Nigeria, I use Angola because they are an African country and they are trying in recent times.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Viewing Villa garden Owerri.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
Braden2:
Sidewalks would be nice

This is more like it. I hope the roads under construction end up like this your photo. I especially like the red sidewalks.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
Braden2:
I notice most Nigerians roads have concrete medians . Is dividing the roads a prerequisite for a good road ? In most developed countries only freeways or expressways usually have concrete median due to high speed limit . The city roads have normal speed limit and only need marker medians.
Overpass (flyover) should be for a good traffic reason especially in mega cities , not just for show . I notice nigerians build overpasses for show in small towns .

Overpasses serve as status symbol in Nigeria not to ease traffic congestion. I'm so in love with these your photos and that's the future I see of Owerri as a city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
Braden2:
In my honest opinion looking at the map,I think the Owerri is just a small suburb town which should be part of a mega city.Perhaps the Owerri itself can be the downtown area and the other towns would be suburbs of the city. If you look at one of my thread about akwacross,you can see that the entire aquacross is just a mega city with each small towns being suburbs of the city.I think you should aspire to that.

Cities come in different landmasses and with different traditions. Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja and Kano which are the 3 largest cities in Nigeria look quite different from one another and have developed in their own ways.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by igwebuike01: 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

No open drainage, maybe that is the message he wants to pass
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
In another news based on what I heard on radio today Rochas rice will soon flood the market. It is a product of Okorocha's farm located at Assa which has been put into rice cultivation. God bless Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
He should fix the horrible roads in Owerri and Imo state at large first before re-bagging his useless rice, pay workers their 10months salary arrears. Imo state is under s strong curse.

[s]
Abagworo:
In another news based on what I heard on radio today Rochas rice will soon flood the market. It is a product of Okorocha's farm located at Assa which has been put into rice cultivation. God bless Imo State.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by igwebuike01: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:
why rochas rice, why no Imo Rice or Assa Rice??
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
igwebuike01:
why rochas rice, why no Imo Rice or Assa Rice??
It's Rochas farm what do you expect? He bought the farm in 1996.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
Very useless comment

ruggedized1:
He should fix the horrible roads in Owerri and Imo state at large first before re-bagging his useless rice, pay workers their 10months salary arrears. Imo state is under s strong curse.

[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
RareDiamond:
Very useless comment

Useless old fool, did I lie? cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
now that the rains has started only God knows how owerri would be because of littered projects

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.