Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50100 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: I have just banned PointB and Coogar for 5 hours, for defying the simple rule that they should protest/defend only with civil words. I am aware that one was on the attack and the other on the defensive, I had to wield the big stick on both of them because they both used insulting words in the process.

See you guys by 17:07 hours.

Let's all learn to pass across our disagreements/defence with civility.

Am happy so say that justice have been done.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Johndoe100(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
@ Jarus

Do you see now? Someone as astute as I know you to be should have known that from the time I raised the first red flag on the bias so evident here, there is or was very little choice left to you mods than to accommodate us the patriotic majority.

Once again we demand the inclusion of patriotic members as contained in my list or as suggested by the patriotic brethren.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lateef4me(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
Is coogar still gonna be among the judge ?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Johndoe100(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
lateef4me: Is coogar still gonna be among the judge ?

The question is are the unpatriotic foreigners so favored by the mods still going to be judges.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
It is amusing to see 'latecomers' now causing problems for the sake of vacuous trouble-making alone and nothing else . At the stage names were being submitted, many did not get involved. They are now 'extremely interested' in savaging the choices of other and engaging in retrogressive character assassination. This is why I praised Shymexx. He rose above apathy and got involved to submit names. Jmaine did well also to consistently bring Londoner to the attention of the judges. Credit to PointB who at least nominated himself but most others are just showing the petty troublemaking, for the sake of nothing, that typify some Nigerians. The choice of judges has been made. Anyone who does not like it should set up and alternative debate platform and fill it with judges of their choice.

@Jarus. Do not let those who have a penchant for ethnicising everything , now assembled into a lynch mob of sort, blackmail you into dropping Coogar. If you drop Coogar, count me out entirely. That is my own personal protest against the attempt to bully and intimidate others. I will not stand for bullying. Nairalanders should begin to stand up for what/who is right. If we did this more, those who do not come to Nairaland to fight, be rude and/or confrontational can have a better user experience here. As it is this forum is too apathetic to wrong conduct.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by otokx(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
We need to be civilized in our discourse on nairaland, good job moderator.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
otokx: We need to be civilized in our discourse on nairaland, good job moderator.

Precisely.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
Interesting.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Odunnu: 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Really interesting!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
[size=15pt]I love Nairaland.....The Best place to get entertained without paying a dime![/size]

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: PointB,

I hid your posts and banned your new ID because is it is created to circumvent deterrent ban, therefore illegal ab initio.

You can continue to raise the points you raised with your new ID using your original ID when you resume from the 5-hour ban, of course, without uncivil words.

New ID banned, posts made with it hidden.

Thank you.

On PointB

Why not increase the initial ban on the original ID for like another 5 hours after the expiration of the initial 5 hrs...with that, you would have send a strong signal for anyone that may be contemplating such going forward.

People should not think they are above punishment!

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
My suya don dey finish oh, biko when do we start nominating topics?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
12 pages of back and forth nonsense to get agreement on procedures. smh!

PointB, sitchyo a**s down and let these people do their work.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

Are you sure the cons of publishing their names do not outweigh the merits? I think so.

Merit of not publishing
1, A judge will be objective. Dayokanu is my friend, if I score him 0/5 ( grin). He wont forgive me in 5 years. LOL. But if my name isnt there, he wont know who scored him 0. cheesy . Funny, but it can happen.

2, It reduces rancour. A debater that doesnt perform well can easily say the judge that scores him lowest doesnt like his face, bringing out a past thread where they disagreed(and he will always find one, because we have all disagreed at one thread or the other)

Agreed but let each judge have a unique ID so as to increase transparency and accountability.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
Dudu_Negro: 12 pages of back and forth nonsense to get agreement on procedures. smh!

PointB, sitchyo a**s down and let these people do their work.

grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Sadly, the Mod (Jarus) has turn his noble idea into an opportunity to (in his mind) cut PointB to size. Rather than address simple objection on why a questionable character (coogar) was chosen ahead of more mature people, the MOD felt the best way to deal with the situation was to flex his muscle, and exercise his power in one on the most arrogant and tasteless display of power. What a shame! Whatever he gleefully banned me for, was obviously a figment of his imagination, as I have no idea.

I'll leave him and his debate. But not without insisting that choosing the foul-mouthed, well known anti-establishment bigoted - Coogar ahead of more mature edo_girl, HNOsegbe, Northsharp et al who got more favorable endorsements from majority indicate foul play. Jarus, has shown he is incapable of rising beyond his prejudice, and like his mentor Sanusi - the same stubbornness and unnecessary entrenchment of position. Whether he has ultimately ruin his noble idea by forcing his favorite down the throat of neutrals is yet to be seen. But impartial observer will still like to know how coogar got the nod ahead of various others on the larger list!

But I will not be participating further in this process, in the interest of peace!

Happy debating all of you!

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Desola(f): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: PointB,

I hid your posts and banned your new ID because is it is created to circumvent deterrent ban, therefore illegal ab initio.

You can continue to raise the points you raised with your new ID using your original ID when you resume from the 5-hour ban, of course, without uncivil words.

New ID banned, posts made with it hidden.

Thank you.

Mighty igor! angry

Anyway, just don't include Gbawe's name in the moderators abi na judge. I see that he has started indirect lobbying by being all over this thread like white on rice. Sheesh!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: Sadly, the Mod (Jarus) has turn his noble idea into an opportunity to (in his mind) cut PointB to size. Rather than address simple objection on why a questionable character (coogar) was chosen ahead of more mature people, the MOD felt the best way to deal with the situation was to flex his muscle, and exercise his power in one on the most arrogant and tasteless display of power. What a shame! Whatever he gleefully banned me for, was obviously a figment of his imagination, as I have no idea.

I'll leave and him debate. But not without insisting that choosing the foul-mouthed, well know anti-establishment bigoted - Coogar ahead of more mature edo_girl, HNOsegbe, Northsharp et al who got more favorable endorsements from majority indicate foul play. Jarus, has shown he is incapable of rising beyond his prejudice, and like his mentor Sanusi - the same stubbornness and unnecessary entrenchment of position. Whether he has ultimately ruin his noble idea by forcing his favorite down the throat of neutrals is yet to be seen. But impartial observer will still like to know how coogar got the nod ahead of various others on the larger list!

But I will not be participating further in this process, in the interest of peace!

Happy debating all of you!
At the end of the day, every human being is bias one way or the other and Jarus is no different. Let's just let this one slide.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Where was I when all these insults were flying around?

Can I still pitch in my own widows mite of insult?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Desola:

Mighty igor! angry

Anyway, just don't include Gbawe's name in the moderators abi na judge. I see that he has started indirect lobbying by being all over this thread like white on rice. Sheesh!

Ayaba, ekaabo. grin

What position do you want? Chairlady? Queen of the debate? grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
dayokanu: Where was I when all these insults were flying around?

Can I still pitch in my own widows mite of insult?
Also be ready to get banned.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
There is bound to be some serious blood letting tonite and beyond . . . .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
^^ Typical PDP. Its always bloodletting or assasination or "Do or die"

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Desola(f): 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

Ayaba, ekaabo. grin

What position do you want? Chairlady? Queen of the debate? grin

i'll be the Lord chancellor.

Anyway,I am for the women and I nominate Sisi-kill, skyblue, isale gan.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Typical PDP. Its always bloodletting or assasination or "Do or die"

Hilarious, so for ya mind, you dey try bait Jmaine grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
Welcome back, PointB. I can see you were more civil in your last post. We are not stifling contrarian views, all we want is civility while expressing your opinions.

Coogar remains a judge. You said he said he had no hope in Nigeria, that is banal. At one point or the other, we have all made statements like that. You said he insulted Igbo, you lifted his comment in the middle of a discussion that was basically tribal. Eziachi, not taking anything away from him, is a proud Biafra defender, we all overlooked it because we know he is capable of rising beyond his personal convictions.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
Desola:

i'll be the Lord chancellor.

Anyway,I am for the women and I nominate Sisi-kill, skyblue, isale gan.
Your wish is my command.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, let's move on pls.

Now, we are working on judging criteria and we need your input.

It's a 5-criteria judgment, maximum of 4 points per criteria, summing up to 20. So a debater scores a maximum of 20 from each judge, 5 judges, come to 100.

Can we have inputs on the 5 criteria to guide judgment?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Katsumoto:

Agreed but let each judge have a unique ID so as to increase transparency and accountability.
Ok. Noted.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
Desola:

Mighty igor! angry

How can anyone interpret my utterances here to be "lobbying"? It is clear I disqualified myself from Judging anything, yet those determined to carry hatred for others everywhere will still never stop malicious lies and utterances submitted carelessly and falsely to malign others.

@Jarus. Like PointB did, please rule me out entirely. I am no longer interested in taking part in any aspect of this debate initiative. I don't need this nonsense this forum has been reduced to where some just go around saying what they wan't carelessly and having the 'freedom of the manor' and even encouragement to attack and insult others from thread to thread. I won't join a process I can already see will only provide another avenue for insultive stalking and unprovoked personal attacks. Good luck raising the level of intellectual discourse here.

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
Gbawe:

How can anyone interpret my utterances here to be "lobbying"? It is clear I disqualified myself from Judging anything, yet those determined to carry hatred for others everywhere will still never stop malicious lies and utterances submitted carelessly and falsely to malign others.

@Jarus. Like PointB did, please rule me out entirely. I am no longer interested in taking part in any aspect of this debate initiative. I don't need this nonsense this forum has been reduced to where some just go around saying what they wan't carelessly and having the 'freedom of the manor' and even encouragement to attack and insult others from thread to thread. I won't join a process I can already see will only provide another avenue for insultive stalking and unprovoked personal attacks. Good luck raising the level of intellectual discourse here.
God bless you bro! You have indeed spoken my mind! Wa so ri re!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: Ladies and gentlemen, let's move on pls.

Now, we are working on judging criteria and we need your input.

It's a 5-criteria judgment, maximum of 4 points per criteria, summing up to 20. So a debater scores a maximum of 20 from each judge, 5 judges, come to 100.

Can we have inputs on the 5 criteria to guide judgment?

.......asking for another 12 pages of noise!

Jarus, I appreciate your civility but c'mon men, these are Nigerians you are talking to.......stop asking for inputs and just tell us the rules and regulations of stepping out of line and then start the debate sessions and let everybody find their level. Oh my God, .....asking Nigerians for input!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.