Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50098 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
jmaine: Always knew the thread will boil cos of the texture of the Judges list cheesy . . . . Most can be seen to be strictly Anti Government first before objectivity is imported. But i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt to do a fair job at least . . .

In order to clear all doubt . . . .I hereby suggest that during the debating process . . .All the judges score card should be fully on display on the board to enable spectators guage their ratings for fairness and competence

This should act as a double check for scores collation and overall calculation of averages
. . .

The seeming texture of the Judges means no known supporter of the Admin might never win any debate, regardless of contents dished out with an already prejudiced judge siting boldly in the arena grin

We shall publish the individual judge's result and the average, but we wont include name of the Judge, Just Judge 1-5 and each's scoring.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

We shall publish the indivudual judge result and the average, but we wont include name of the Judge, Just Judge 1-5 and each's scoring.
I think the names of the jidges should be published afterall we know them by their monikers and not judge1, judge2...
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2012
Pharoh: The best way should have been for the organizers to just go with any kind of judges and encourage them to leave their bias behind instead of trying to look for people who were neutral and that is really impossible in my opinion so lets stop deceiving ourselves.

No, we are not saying they are neutral. We (and majority other forumers agree) see them as 1, not having extreme opinion 2, capable of dropping their sentiments. Even as a coordinator, I have my personal views. Even Seun, the forum owner, has his sentiments. But it is easy for us to drop them.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

We shall publish the individual judge's result and the average, but we wont include name of the Judge, Just Judge 1-5 and each's scoring.

Not publishing their names might not do well for transparency, considering some of the judges are known to harbor prejudice to certain quarters . . . . .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2012
From this point, any comment that contains hate/hard words will be hidden and the poster banned for 5 hours. You can protest or defend yourself without using strong words.

Pls.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: From this point, any comment that contains hate/hard words will be hidden and the poster banned for 5 hours. You can protest or defend yourself without using strong words.

Pls.

5 hours is too much na...reduce it to 1 hour pls.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:
grin

You need credible, independent seconders before we can at least revisit the choice. In addition, the fact that he criticized GEJ is not a ground for disqualification. Bring better arguments.

Jarus: From this point, any comment that contains hate/hard words will be hidden and the poster banned for 5 hours. You can protest or defend yourself without using strong words.

Pls.

I demand an explanation. Great injustice on this thread. U left his and hid mine. What do u mean by strong words? are his words also not strong undecided undecided Thats criminous.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:38am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

No, we are not saying they are neutral. We (and majority other forumers agree) see them as 1, not having extreme opinion 2, capable of dropping their sentiments. Even as a coordinator, I have my personal views. Even Seun, the forum owner, has his sentiments. But it is easy for us to drop them.

And who are these majority? Or are now into making claims that cannot be substantiated. You noted you wanted judges acceptable to all. Now it is has been established that Coogar was an over-sight.

Rather than drop him, you are now saying that is doesn't matter whether judges are neutral or not. Why use such duality to ruin a process, rather than saving the process by dropping one man who integrity, neutrality, and maturity is called to question. Why is so difficult for u to play by your own rules. Do you have special interest in coogar?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:41am On Oct 12, 2012
jmaine:

Not publishing their names might not do well for transparency, considering some of the judges are known to be prejudiced to certain quarters . . . . .

Are you sure the cons of publishing their names do not outweigh the merits? I think so.

Merit of not publishing
1, A judge will be objective. Dayokanu is my friend, if I score him 0/5 ( grin). He wont forgive me in 5 years. LOL. But if my name isnt there, he wont know who scored him 0. cheesy . Funny, but it can happen.

2, It reduces rancour. A debater that doesnt perform well can easily say the judge that scores him lowest doesnt like his face, bringing out a past thread where they disagreed(and he will always find one, because we have all disagreed at one thread or the other)
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2012

Pls.

Well, I know you intend to silence opposition to your attempt to rig the debate.

You are yet to justify why forumers of coogar ilk are allowed in the panel, while much more moderate people are dropped. Rather than address the issue, you are threatening people with ban. Is coogar your inside man?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2012
@Jarus
Drop coogar so that we'll continue with the respectable judges. Why are you forcing him down our throat. That's why i always have doubts when any sort of competition in organized on here.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by coogar: 11:50am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB:

And who are these majority? Or are now into making claims that cannot be substantiated. You noted you wanted judges acceptable to all. Now it is has been established that Coogar was an over-sight.

Rather than drop him, you are now saying that is doesn't matter whether judges are neutral or not. Why use such duality to ruin a process, rather than saving the process by dropping one man who integrity, neutrality, and maturity is called to question. Why is so difficult for u to play by your own rules. Do you have special interest in coogar?

your problem is strange, you think because many of us don't come here often to contribute to political issues makes us neophytes - you are part of the reasons many intellectuals don't come here - the bigotry here is well known and it's a turn off. no thanks to tools like you and your posse of zombies!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by otokx(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Who says rulling Nigeria is not easy?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
@Jarus,
You claim that majority agreed that folks like Coogar were agreed by the majority. That sir, is a BIG LIE.

Most who nominated coogar wrote - not sure of him, or simply ok. There were others categorically marked as great choice by the majority. How did some immature and very vile creature, with foul tongue like coogar made it to your list, while more mature and sensible posters were ignored? At least those folks deserves some explanation. Did you deliberately pick coogar ahead of better candidates for malicious and selfish reasons or you picked him for other reason.

The original list is listed below.

1, PointB
2, Eziachi
3, Max siollun
4, Pukkah -
5, e-Geurilla -
6, Ajanlekoko -
7, Paddy Lo -
8, Northsap -
9, Ufeolohun -
10, Kilode -
11, Rossik -
12,Sagamite -
13, Mikeansy -
14, Akanbi Edu -
15, Haka nai -
16, HNOsegbe -
17, Ballabriggs -
18, Jason123 -
19,Edo girl -
20, Sisi-skills -
21, Coogar -
22, Jomogbomo -
23, Kobojunkie -
24, Ogugua88 -
25, Odunnu -

Despite her her tendency for boring repetitiveness, is Kobojunkie not more mature than Coogar? What is the rationale for choosing coogar who had lover votes than say Edo_girl, HNOsegbe, and Northsharp ?

#drop coogar!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: @Jarus,
Despite her her tendency for boring repetitiveness, is Kobojunkie not more mature than Coogar? What is the rationale for choosing coogar who had lover votes than say Edo_girl, HNOsegbe, and Northsharp ?

#drop coogar!
I was actually surprised that edo.girl and Hnosegbe were not chosen.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

Are you sure the cons of publishing their names do not outweigh the merits? I think so.

Merit of not publishing
1, A judge will be objective. Dayokanu is my friend, if I score him 0/5 ( grin). He wont forgive me in 5 years. LOL. But if my name isnt there, he wont know who scored him 0. cheesy . Funny, but it can happen.

2, It reduces rancour. A debater that doesnt perform well can easily say the judge that scores him lowest doesnt like his face, bringing out a past thread where they disagreed(and he will always find one, because we have all disagreed at one thread or the other)

You talk correct cheesy . . .So Dayokanu sef go be debater . .Na wao grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
I have just banned PointB and Coogar for 5 hours, for defying the simple rule that they should protest/defend only with civil words. I am aware that one was on the attack and the other on the defensive, I had to wield the big stick on both of them because they both used insulting words in the process.

See you guys by 17:07 hours.

Let's all learn to pass across our disagreements/defence with civility.

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: I have just banned PointB and Coogar for 5 hours, for deying the simple rule that they should protest/defend only with civil words. I am aware that one was on the attack and the other on the defensive, I had to wield the big stick on both of them because they both used insulting words in the process.

See you guys by 17:07 hours.

Let's all learn to pass across our disagreements/defence with civility.
I hereby apologise on their behalf. Release the both of them and they'll go home and sin no more.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I hereby apologise on their behalf. Release the both of them and they'll go home and sin no more.
cheesy

Let them drink water and sleep for the 5 hours and come back by 17:07 hrs cheesy

Let's have some peace on the thread abeg.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:
cheesy

Let them drink water and sleep for the 5 hours and come back by 17:07 hrs cheesy

Let's have some peace on the thread abeg.
5 hours no be beans ooo...tender justice with mercy. At least you can reduce the punishment to 1 hour. That should do.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
jmaine:

You talk correct cheesy . . .So Dayokanu go be debater . .Na wao grin
But I can't be a judge. cheesy

But he has said earlier in this thread that he will be coming after the debate has ended when it's time for operation wetie, bench-throwing a la Adedibu grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva:
5 hours no be beans ooo...tender justice with mercy. At least you can reduce the punishment to 1 hour. That should do.
No sir, 1 hour is not deterrent enough.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
PointB*, I saw you down here. If you make any comment on this thread with that ID, I'm sorry, it's permanent ban for that ID and extension of the ban for your main handle(PointB) to 24 hours. Pls.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
PointB,

I hid your posts and banned your new ID because is it is created to circumvent deterrent ban, therefore illegal ab initio.

You can continue to raise the points you raised with your new ID using your original ID when you resume from the 5-hour ban, of course, without uncivil words.

New ID banned, posts made with it hidden.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (37) (Reply)

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / List Of Buhari's Critics Who Have Died Within 8 Months - Sahara Reporters / SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.