Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50090 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2012
It is disgustingly unfortunate that some people cannot rise above their political leaning (not even ideology) even in every matter. Very unfortunate.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:10am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

if you don't tape it shut, i would slap the cobwebs/fluff out of your brain cavity......

Well, well well. What do we have here?

Nairalanders, behold the mighty, flawless, Coogar - an ethnic bigot!

coogar:

you are a troglodyte.
mrs funmilayo ransome-kuti was in england between 1919 and 1922 to further her studies.
she was born in 1900.

i am sick n tired of you[b] igbo bigots [/b]trying to rewrite history. the other time,
it was you and the other sapheads trying to rewrite history that lagos state belongs to the igbo.
don't you[b] faggotz[/b] get tired?

i know that i should rise above your tomfoolery, and i often do, but there is something about this particular
comment that really gets under my skin. i therefore hope that i speak for all yoruba people when i ask you,
with all due respect, to fuck off.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus: It is disgustingly unfortunate that some people cannot rise above their political leaning (not even ideology) even in every matter. Very unfortunate.

Go straight to the point oga. No need to beat about the bush! Are you ashamed your wise men are being exposed?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

they are tenants. they have no ownership.
it's what the landlord dictates they must follow.
which of their father's bank accounts was used to build unilag?

rubbish! jonathan is a mumu president.
abacha would have 6 armoured trucks on the campus before
renaming. let's now see who dem born well wey go protest.

i should stop stating facts?
that nigerians went hyper for days and after a while they ended
up paying 97 per litre? or the fact that some tools staged
occupy lekki for 2-3 days and then got tired?

ok...nigerians are not cowards! happy now? grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB:

It has absolutely nothing to do with Eze Ndi Igbo. But everything to do with the fuel subsidy removal. Let me ask you, another round of fuel subsidy removal is coming say January since not money is allocated for it in the budget? What are going to do? Move on, walk away from the protest?

Point is that, like some of us, your political-economy leaning is well-known, and you cannot walk away from it. My comments stand, best of luck with the mods though.

So you think all the over 100 million Nigerians that were against fuel subsidy are doing so because of their political leaning or facts before them?

My mentor, SLS, was a leading voice for fuel subsidy removal while I protested against it. This is someone I am on first name term with. That is rising above affiliation. Yet, when his house was touched in Kano by subsidy protesters, I was one of the first people that sent 'sorry' message to him. All these agreements and disagreements that shape our political value are based on facts avaialable to everyone and our interpretation. It is very unfortunate that because someone opposed fuel subsidy, then he is anti-GEJ. You now go ahead and bring a quote that is critical of establishment from the judges. In fact, that should qualify them more. It is puppetry and inability to whold their own to endorse everything the government does without scrutiny. And none of these guys are known as a rabid GEJ hater, spamming the forum with anti-GEJ posts. They chipped in their comments where necessary.

In any case, this debate is about Nigeria, not about GEJ or any political personality!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:

So you think all the over 100 million Nigerians that were against fuel subsidy are doing so because of their political leaning or facts before them?

My mentor, SLS, was a leading voice for fuel subsidy removal while I protested against it. This is someone I am on first name term with. That is rising above affiliation. Yet, when his house was touched in Kano by subsidy protesters, I was one of the first people that sent 'sorry' message to him. All these agreements and disagreements that shape our political value are based on facts avaialable to everyone and our interpretation. It is very unfortunate that because someone opposed fuel subsidy, then he is anti-GEJ. You now go ahead and bring a quote that is critical of establishment from the judges. In fact, that should qualify them more. It is puppetry and inability to whold their own to endorse everything the government does without scrutiny. And none of these guys are known as a rabid GEJ hater, spamming the forum with anti-GEJ posts. They chipped in their comments where necessary.

In any case, this debate is about Nigeria, not about GEJ or any political personality!

No, I don't think so. But I thought you wanted fairness, and balance in the judges. In other words, those whose political-economy leaning cannot be pinpointed. In the case of the fuel subsidy, those who oppose it probably have a thing or two against the establishment, while those who supported it are most likely supporter of the regime. The fact that is is debatable cast doubt on the neutrality of the judges.

Now how about Coogar?
Without doubt Coogar has no place on that list. Even if you make exception for the others, Coogar should be dropped without further preponderance. I also think Talina has no place in the list. Being foreigner is not enough, we are yet to see the international flavour she adds to the dynamics. Her posting are restricted to the Romance Section, and that say alot about her.

I formally drop my objection to Ogugua and Sisi_kill membership of the panel. But for Coogar, well you may have to ban me for disturbance, if you don't drop him!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

you don't need to explain your action to pointb - he's a troll, an odious obnoxious one if i may add! he's not here to contribute anything meaningful to the debate but to deride and denigrate the participants!

My guy sharrap. It's easy to see through folks like you. Are you riled that I pulled up a few of your spiteful and hateful posts? Are you any better that the eko-iles, and dayoopunu's of this forum?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2012
Judge Coogar!

coogar: there's no hope for nigeria.....
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2012
I also do think Coogar should be dropped, if he's not then Gbawe and PointB should also be made judges. This coogar guy is an unrepentant chauvinist.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:37am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

spermflakes must occupy where your brains would be. . . .
that you are human must be a mistake cos it's not possible for any life form to be as brainless as you are.

the poster asked whether those violent acts are orchestrated by the c-i-a and i replied that even if they were, it's to the benefit of all and sundry.
who gives a f@ck whether foreign agents are behind it. people have been whispering the disintegration of nigeria before boko haram.

were the c-i-a behind biafra in 1966 too?
you should donate your brains to the ape kingdom, you homoerotic plonker!

https://www.nairaland.com/853020/president-working-c.i.a-destroy-nigeria#10030100
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Pharoh: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2012
The best way should have been for the organizers to just go with any kind of judges and encourage them to leave their bias behind instead of trying to look for people who were neutral and that is really impossible in my opinion so lets stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by coogar: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB:
My guy sharrap. It's easy to see through folks like you. Are you riled that I pulled up a few of your spiteful and hateful posts? Are you any better that the eko-iles, and dayoopunu's of this forum?

i am not even sure you understand the language you are typing!
mention one single hateful comment of mine.....i can defend every single comment i have made on this forum.....you hypersensitive imbëcile!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2012
Always knew the thread will boil cos of the texture of the Judges list cheesy . . . . Most can be seen to be strictly Anti Government first before objectivity is imported. But i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt to do a fair job at least . . .

In order to clear all doubt . . . .I hereby suggest that during the debating process . . .All the judges score card should be fully on display on the board to enable spectators guage their ratings for fairness and competence

This should act as a double check for scores collation and overall calculation of averages
. . .

The seeming texture of the Judges means no known supporter of the Admin might never win any debate, regardless of contents dished out with an already prejudiced judge siting boldly in the arena grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva: I also do think Coogar should be dropped, if he's not then Gbawe and PointB should also be made judges. This coogar guy is an unrepentant chauvinist.

That's the right way to put it.

In anycase, I will even decline the nomination. I prefer rather to nominate Isale_eko, who I suppose is more mature than Coogar!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

i am not even sure you understand the language you are typing!
mention one single hateful comment of mine.....i can defend every single comment i have made on this forum.....you hypersensitive imbëcile!

Defend the bolded, judge Coogar.

Son, it's so easy to rile you, and you want to seat on the panel? grin grin grin grin

@Jarus,

Coogar MUST go!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

you're a tool!
i don't even have anything to say to a goat who would rather sing the american anthem instead of the national anthem of his country! if you had been born a woman, you would have been a N50 pröstitute, you homoerotic nuisance!
You just added credence to my assertion. Thanks. Oya, mods use eraser clean this guy name asap. Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:49am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

you're a tool!
i don't even have anything to say to a goat who would rather sing the american anthem instead of the national anthem of his country! if you had been born a woman, you would have been a N50 pröstitute, you homoerotic nuisance!

@Jarus

Do we still need more evidence to show that Coogar lacks the maturity to judge?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2012
Drop coogar, hes command of the queen's language shouldnt be an enough excuse to include him. Hes the exact opposite of what a judge should be.
Replace him with ifeci or berem. Coogaq, can participate in the actual debate, together with gbawe and co.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2012
jmaine: Always knew the thread will boil cos of the texture of the Judges list cheesy . . . . Most can be seen to be strictly Anti Government first before objectivity is imported. But i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt to do a fair job at least . . .

In order to clear all doubt . . . .I hereby suggest that during the debating process . . .All the judges score card should be fully on display on the board to enable spectators guage their ratings for fairness and competence

This should act as a double check for scores collation and overall calculation of averages
. . .

The seeming texture of the Judges means no known supporter of the Admin might never win any debate, regardless of contents dished out with an already prejudiced judge siting boldly in the arena grin

Well, we can start by getting rid of the obviously very bad eggs like Coogar, then we can put the rest on the microscope.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2012
ujchief: Drop coogar, hes command of the queen's language shouldnt be an enough excuse to include him. Hes the exact opposite of what a judge should be.
Replace him with ifeci or berem. Coogaq, can participate in the actual debate, together with gbawe and co.

Yet another voice confirming the unsuitable of the thug - Coogar.

#drop Coogar!#

Replace it with Ifeci, Berem, Isale_eko (any of them will do just fine)
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by coogar: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB:
Defend the bolded, judge Coogar.
Son, it's so easy to rile you, and you want to seat on the panel? grin grin grin

riled up? is this an anger management class? better find a church to go if you think i would keep quiet and let you half-baked graduates cast aspersions on my person! in the grand scheme of things, you are too irrelevant to get me riled!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2012
This Coogar guy no even get shame...he saw that people were discrediting him. And instead of him to defend himself by comporting himself to prove his critics wrong,

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2012
Judge Coogar - caught in the dangerous act of ethnic baiting...

coogar:

the victims of the christmas day bombing are mostly igbos.
i cannot believe the igbos have not lifted a finger since the incident. what are the igbo youths doing to defend the igbo nation?
what happened to bakassi boys and their ilk?
[url]

https://www.nairaland.com/834197/final-warning-boko-haram-bomb#9851635[/url]
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by otokx(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2012
Inasmuch as nobody is perfect, this retorting to insults and outright abuses in nairaland is not helping at all.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB:

No, I don't think so. But I thought you wanted fairness, and balance in the judges. In other words, those whose political-economy leaning cannot be pinpointed. In the case of the fuel subsidy, those who oppose it probably have a thing or two against the establishment, while those who supported it are most likely supporter of the regime. The fact that is is debatable cast doubt on the neutrality of the judges.

Now how about Coogar?
Without doubt Coogar has no place on that list. Even if you make exception for the others, Coogar should be dropped without further preponderance. I also think Talina has no place in the list. Being foreigner is not enough, we are yet to see the international flavour she adds to the dynamics. Her posting are restricted to the Romance Section, and that say alot about her.

I formally drop my objection to Ogugua and Sisi_kill membership of the panel. But for Coogar, well you may have to ban me for disturbance, if you don't drop him!
grin

You need credible, independent seconders before we can at least revisit the choice. In addition, the fact that he criticized GEJ is not a ground for disqualification. Bring better arguments.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2012
Jarus:
grin

You need credible, independent seconders before we can at least revisit the choice. In addition, the fact that he criticized GEJ is not a ground for disqualification. Bring better arguments.

So the fact that he is calling everybody including myself and Afam all sort of name is not enough. And the fact that others have joined in asking that he be dropped does apply? Same people who nominated a few on judges on your list. What evidence did you use to drop those on the initial list?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
@Jarus
In what way is Coogar different from DayoOponu, Eko-Ile, and Demdem?

Perhaps you owe us explanation as per why you picked him ahead of the other guys. I need no provide any further evidence, as it appears your mind is made up - to torpedo your own process. Or you think neutrals will applaud you for having such questionable character on your panel. Get real, oga!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply)

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack / #EndSARS Protester, Jane Practises With Her Prosthetic Leg Bought From Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.