Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Advantages Of Polygamy? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advantages Of Polygamy? (45027 Views)

Counter Thread: Advantages Of Dating A Tall Girl. / Paradox Of Polygamy / 13 Advantages Of Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Tawak: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
1 will v lots of siblings (whic 1 dnt think is an advantage nyway)
i beliv ny guy dat goes into polygamy is jst bein promiscuous irrespective of d religion
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by femo2000(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
In the 21st century Polygamy has got no advantage.

Our forefathers usually marry more than one wife cos of their farming activities, since there were no schools then, the only thing the wives and children can do is to do the farm workas co labourers which helps the man of the house to cultivate large expanse of land and also reduce cost of production.
Although they enjoy the other aspect of changing pussy every other night. But usually they marry the other wives as young Virgins.

This days most men that engage in polygamy marry the 2nd wife and subsequent ones disvirgined and this is were promiscuity comes in cos the man has probably arrived.
Note all polygamous homes has to do with the man having Arrived,This day men who marry more than one wife without money are usually old fashioned illitrates.

The Problem with Polygamy starts onces d 2nd wife comes in and starts with fullforce when the man dies suddenly.
There is no way the wives will love each other so, they begin to go diabolical against each others childrens progress. I tell you many great destinies has been ruined this way.

But there are so many angles to this polygamy thing
for example: A young xtian man who is married with 2 chldren. But because of his charming face a particular female office colleague began to flaunt her thing and became the nicest girl in d office and they started as cusual friends go to launch together, and suddenly the thing this girl flaunts regularly caught the guys attn and over powered his willpower. and then just the 1st night of secret sex led to pregnancy. what will the guy do. Abortion is not an option, so he has to marry the girl by force. After the whole story , (u Know dat kin thing) The legal wife accepted the lady as a 2nd wife to her husband in the same house.

Guess what the only thing the Man lost is the inability to take any post in the church , and I bet U God speaks to him more than the pastor of his church.

Now where Do You Place This One?

In all, Polygamy is not always a good option.
But for those who are already in it the following tips will help, I believe solve some Problems

1. Build your personal relationship with God to another level.
You cannot be close to God and he will not see to all your Home troubles.
NB That does not mean you cannot have sex with your wives again.

2. In all your getting get Understanding, never be tired of searching for information that will help you manage the marriage wile it last,cos every man's ignorance is his mountain.

3. Strive to get to a level of Financial Abundance because What money will solve, grammar will not solve it.
Money answereth all things.

Mean while Tight your thing when you are going out so u dont get another wife, learn from mistakes.

Peeeeeaaase lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by PurestBoy(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2008
Polygamy is not good. Too common among uneducated moslems. Imagine an Okada man named Sule having 2 wives. They are my neighbour and I know what the wives go through before they feed their children.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hotfunmi(f): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2008
by Purestboy
Polygamy is not good. Too common among uneducated moslems. Imagine an Okada man named Sule having 2 wives. They are my neighbour and I know what the wives go through before they feed their children.
I think the okada man has control. Most of these maiguards have 5-6 wives and manufacture children in dozens and these children not only receive no education, they are also supplied as almajiris to the streets to beg for their survival. How do you curtail poverty in a society that chants for a thing like this?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 1:19am On Jan 24, 2008
The only one that sees polygamy as advantageous is the man involved.
He can have 4 women to sleep with,call them wives and it's all legal in naija
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 24, 2008
PurestBoy:

what planet are you from? its also common among big men. ask obj, ekene dili chukwu, odukoya etal. if like so many others on nairaland, you have a boner for islam, you can find like minds in the religion threads. maybe divorce is also too common among educated christians.

hmm. . . where exactly do you live?

more to the point, did anyone hold a gun to the head of sule's wives before they married him?

woman are as guilty as men in this. i have seen children of big men (100% butta) get married as second wives and usually for a simple reason that also opos up in threads on and off - women don't want a struggling/unsuccesful man. they want a provider of the good life, and are willing to compromise for it. especially when they expect to be the new broo and mistress of the bedroom wink
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Rogo: 9:15am On Jan 24, 2008
THE TOPIC HERE IS GIVE ONE OR MORE ADVANTAGE (S) YOU CAN GIVE NOT CRITICISM. WE NEED SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. POLYGAMY IS PROBLEM TO NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by sirt1(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2008
@ All,

Polygam is the most cruel thing/evil that can befall any man be it Bill Gate of this world. Even the most disgusting part is that somebody that can not feed himself properly will marry four wives .

Ladies/women also should stick to their husband as they also contributed to this ugly trend in many ways. Some men married many wives because of the unhuman character of their wives with the hope that they will find peace in a new wive or probably that the wive will change on seeing another one. While some ladies deliberately lured some men to marry them as second wive because of money and thereby pour sand into somebody's Gari. Anyway, am not supporting polygamy in any form.

Why? I came from such family and there is absolutely nothing good in it. A man with his only wive and the children will take Gari with peace and in a situation where the husband can not provide for the family, the wive will do and no outsider will know the secret. On the contrary, in a polygamy family, taking the most delicious food on earth is always with fear and suspicion. The wives doen't tend to help the husband financially with the belief that other wives will benefit from whatever comes out of the assistance rendered.

Among the children? It is real war. Suffering in silence. Even where the children want to be together as one, their mothers will do everything within their capacity to separate them. Unhealthy competition right from day one.

Solution? Nigerians need to be re-orientated through quality education.

Advise? The Bible says: Flee all forms of evil. Polygamy is not an exception
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by jintujinta(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2008
How can anything good come out of a maladjusted system? All that polygamy gives are strives, distrust, hypertension, poverty and verything that is backward. I hate it!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2008
i do not advocate polygamy, but the gut reaction, unthinking comments by so many of the posters is typical of nigerians who do not think. my grandfather, like so many of the grandparents of our generation had four wives. some times, there was money, sometimes there wasn't . my dad did not follow his path. i know that there is no enmity betweeen my dad and his siblings.

enmity/beef/ scheming does not occur because of polygamy as a system, but because of human nature. there are a lot of irresponsible monogamists out there as well, who cannot take care of ONE child.

under contemporary 'civilisation' polygamy is not acceptable.  that does not mean that 200 years from now, it will not be in fashion again. if you read just a little anthropology ,  you will be amazed at the way customs and traditions are recycled over the ages.

i wonder what  feminists would do if there was a sudden shortage of marriageable men. you'd be suprised at how fast polygamy would become acceptable, and how  all those quoting their interpretation of the bible's stance on monogamy  would suddenly remember solomon and abraham grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by mababe(f): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2008
Polygamy has no advantage, the disadvantages is all evident around us.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2008
Agreed but if you look at modern day Nigeria very well, you'll realise that polygamy is very slim among christians. Why are the ibos and other south south tribes very behind in polygamy? why did they embrace monogamy so quick more than other tribes? check the yorubas, havent you noticed that yoruba christians are behind in polygamy these days? Go to Ibadan and see the level of poverty and illiteracy brought by Islam and polygamy. I think we start solving our problems by facing it and polygamy is one of them. Check the poverty rates and abuse between monogamous and polygamous homes on the average and tell me what you found. Lets not talk about the North because it's a no go area. What is a man doing with five wives when he can scarcely feed and love one? Can someone please tell me ONE advantage of polygamy?

MISS OR MRS HOTFUNMI,, YOU POSTED A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC WHICH I HAVE NO FURTHER DOUBT AFTER READING THIS RESPONSE FROM YOU AS A VEILED ATTACK ON AN OTHERWISE CONTEMPORARY ISLAMIC JURISPUNDENCE.FOR YOUR INFORMATION,THERE ARE CERTAIN CONDITIONS THAT NECESSITATES A MUSLIM MAN TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE,IF THESE CONDITIONS EXIST AND ARE MET,THEN ITS GOOD FOR THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY VICE VERSA.BUT I MUST INFORM YOUR OTHERWISE MYOPIC VIEW THAT NO ONE WOULD PROBABLY GO TO ''HELL FIRE'' FOR TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE.WHAT IF SOMEONE TAKES ANOTHER WIFE IN OTHER TO STOP HIMSELF FROM ENGAGING IN ADULTERY??THINK!AND WISE UP MISS!!YOU HAVE PROBABLY ''SUCESSFULLY'' DIVIDED THE WORLD INTO TWO IN YOUR VIRTUAL MIND INTO GOOD AND EVIL, GOOD PROBABLY REPRESENTING 'CHRISTIANITY' AND EVIL CERTAINLY 'ISLAM' IN YOUR MIND.AND JUST FOR THE RECORD I USED TO LIVE IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH A DEACON WHO HAS THREE WIVES ALL UNDER THE SAME ROOF.AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM NOT A PACIFIST,I AM LIBERAL MINDED BUT WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOUR SELF SPEAK VOLUMES OF UNTRUE STATEMENTS, (LINKING ISLAM,POVERTY,ILLITERACY AND POLYGAMY TOGETHER) I HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO ASSUME THAT YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WITH NOTHING ELSE TO FLAUNT.
TO THE OTHER NAIRALANDERS AM SORRY FOR THIS OTHERWISE HARSH WORDS,ITS A MIRACLE HOW SOME PEOPLE EVER GET TO REGISTER ON THIS FAMOUS WEBSITE.SIGNING OUT.IGNORANCE IS A SIN.ILLITERACY IS NOT DEFINED ONLY BY ONES INABILITY TO SEEK WESTERN STYLED EDUCATION!!DAMN
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by dakmanzero(m): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2008
Disclaimer: I do not support polygamy. My stance on marriage has always been clear: children first, and children suffer in a polgygamous home.

However polygamy has advantages and SERIOUS disadvantages. since this thread is abnout advantages, I will mention them first. The disadvantages are so glaring as to be obvious and I won't insult anyone's intelligence by listing them.

[size=16pt]ADVANTAGES OF POLYGAMY[/color][/size]

1. The MAN gets to truly satisfy his sexual desire without having to cheat!

explanation:

(a) Hardly any women out there can truly satisfy the desire of the average african man with his oversized love-stick. After the [color=#990000]AFRIKAMAN
has pounded his wife into brutal submission with his animalistic, shoot-to-kill, completely unromantic approach to sex, she will definitely be sore and unable to continue while his power member still stands erect and poised to kill and destroy the hymens of poor sobbing virgins. Who better to quell this RAGING DEMON than an entourage of junior wives?

(b) Not all women can or will provide the complete range of sexual experiences. Marry a woman taller than you and you can say byebye to the comfortable sixtynine for eternity. Marry the much-too-portable type and you may find a spoon plus liplock too much of a hassle till kingdom come. So why not go for all flavours and varieties?!?!??!?!??!!!!! Toyota during the week and Beemer for the weekends. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiii!!!!!

2. The MAN gets to truly feel like an ALPHA MALE LORD even if he is a nobody in this world!

explanation:

AFRICAN MEN love to lord it over a huge crowd of people, whether they merit it or not. Only in a polygamous marriage can the BIG DADDY stride confidently into his home, to have four or more women kneel before him, each one competing to expose more of her bosom than the others to his downward-facing gaze, each flanked by an entourage of children bearing gifts of food and relieving him of his burdens? eh? eh? How else can the Labourer, maiguard or okada man, after a day of being downtrodden, spat upon, ground into the dirt by people half his age speaking in funky janded accents, restore his bruised male pride and reach down with happiness to scratch a once-more-testosterone-charged, fully engorged *foto*, erect and ready for action, as he gazes upon his harem and his progeny? eh? eh? eh?  grin

3. There is an alternative to divorce when the cheating bastard's karma comes full circle

4. Inability or lack of desire of the wife to have (male) children does not have to lead to the end of a marriage

Seriously speaking.

Polygamy only really benefits the man in the long run. I do not doubt that a junior wife is motivated by some overconfident illusion that she can eat the older wife's lunch, but that impression is just misguided: Ploygamy benefits men and no-one else.

It is, therefore, a selfish thing for a man to do. My opinion is that marriage is NOT a gateway to a happy life (thats just a lie to get young people to accept responsibility).

It is, rather, a mutual sacrifice that must be made by both parties for the sake of a new generation. It is a man and woman accepting to relinquish their desire to work for personal happiness and replace it with shared responsibility for the happiness of the children. Anything else is just a dangerous lie. Why will I leave my wife for her inability to satisfy my sexual drive if I have already decided that my sexual satisfaction is a sacrifice I must make for the sake of my children?

If we have the right mindset/approach to marriage, the above 'advantages' will all be meaningless, because, as a man, I have already given up those worldly pleasures and accepted my responsibility to raise and train the next generation, and then drop dead and DIE when my usefulness expires. shikena.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by ochukoccna: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2008
jintujinta:

How can anything good come out of a maladjusted system? All that polygamy gives are strives, distrust, hypertension, poverty and verything that is backward. I hate it!

mababe:

Polygamy has no advantage, the disadvantages is all evident around us.

@ mababe & jintujinta
     I've to say i go with your flow. While I ain't dissing those for polygamy [seeing there's no sidelines in life. U R eida in  or out] they behave as if they don't have friends or know the turmoil [mostly mental] peoples from polygamous homes go through. It's a system that mirrors what we see in our dear nation Naija i.e Divide & Rule where you can't trust the Ibo man down the road , the aboki around the corner nor the Isoko man next door. after all, he could be a militant. bottomline, you look 2 protect, feather & expand your own interests using any means necessary including the native jazz, bottom power e.t.c
     while I would not be drawn into what God has said in the bible i.e. monogamy [which is right by the way] & it's not been practised by david, solomon or abraham, read the end stories of their lives and the infighting in thir families. Though God does bring about mercy upon our gaffes, I believe their sexual decisions are 1 they would revisit if they were given the chance to live their lives afresh. look @ the infighting in Abiola's family and other legendary polygamists.
    I do also agree that monogamy may not result in marital Eldorado e.g. look @ the infighting in Rotimi Williams' sons are going through yet it isn't solved by polygamy. 2 me,this topic is more profound than monogamy/polygamy, it's silently also talking about dviant sexual behaviour-another topic for another day.Most important thing is to shine your eyesthrough Baba God b4 marryingso you won't gnash your teeth in the winter of life.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by ireke(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2008
I am totally NOT in support of polygamy but the problem with our society today have less to do with polygamy than I think we are saying here.

Polygamy, in the beginning, was embarked upon by men who are physically, emotionally and financially capable of “husbanding” more than one woman. Now we have weak-willed, sometimes poor men going into polygamy because they committed some sexual blunders in the office or with some low-lifers. Of course there are other funny reasons why some men are polygamous today.

Polygamy has its own intrinsic booby traps (e.g. competition may get fiercer or more diabolical) and gets worse when it is built on fornication and adultery (both of which are almost universally unacceptable), sundry infidelities, accidental pregnancies or "arrival" theories. It even looks like it is the society that has corrupted polygamy and not the other way round.

As much as I hate to admit, polygamy has little or no advantage in the world of today. It is higly irrelevant in this age. Maybe it will become fashionable again like someone earlier said but if it is the way and manner of contracting polygamous alliances remain the way it is today, then it can not give a better result than we are seeing today.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by WesleyanA(f): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2008
I felt very safe my dear, my Dad, God bless his soul was rich enough to give each wife a house, rides and all to make her comfortable. He had three wives and they all lived in different towns. He was working alot around the country so we the kids usually went for holidays wherever he was at the time. If you visited my home, you would never know about the other women. That was my father's style.

I have family friends from Polygamous home too and in their case they all lived under the same roof, from my observations things were ok. I personally believe that for those who have the money to take care of their wives and numerous kids, things were ok, but for the poor ones it must have been nasty. Money and understanding play alot in polygamy, without both the house will be on fire.

The women should be reasonable women, not vindictive witches. My step mums are educated, reasonable women, who by chance found themselves in their situation. I must say, we were lucky to have my Dad, who did provide adequately for all.Why he got into it, i do not know.WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

wow. interesting.
how often did he visit you at your place?

the relationship you describe seem like the relationship kids have with divorced parents. they visit their fathers (whoever they're not in custody of) during the weekends/holidays.

do your parents love each other?

how often do you get to see your (half) brothers and sisters?

were your parents married before you and your siblings were born? traditional wedding? mosque?

I'm just curious.

b.t.w, i'm totally against Polygamy. it makes no sense to me. I think it should be illegal (if it already isn't)
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by steve1bam: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2008
Advantages of a polygamy ?

I dont think there is any achievement in polygamy family, than Destruction, am sorry for the term i use, if you are involve in a polygamy or you are from a polygamy family. It ruin self's life, children's life and even run down a Nation in which such is practice .

Polygamy Started Before Abraham Father of all Nations, and That was in the Old testament has i notice in the Bible and this Polygamy was Created By Man not by God The Creator as i heed.

According to Genesis 2 : 18 - 25

Verse 24 Says
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave [/b]to his [b]wife, and they shall become one flesh

God Said that the husband will cleave with his Wife but Not Wives

Verse 25 Says

And the man and his wife were both naked and were not embarrassed or ashamed in each other's presence.

It was written that 'both were naked and not ashamed of each other' Can a polygamous man be naked in the Presence of his wives and they to Naked also.it is impossible.

That mean practicing polygamy, is not part of God will for us.

As i mentioned Above that it ruin Self Life

Whosoever establish a polygamy will surely face the consequences .
Sarah force Abraham to have her slave as the second wife and she face the repercussion .
When the slave conceived she turn her back against her master,she mock her.she also act to her that they have the same right in Abram's family. even sarah die before Abram. for the wages of sin is death. I believe the above words was written in the Quran .

As i also mentioned Above that it ruin children''s Life
Polygamy affect children in many way.

According to Bible

Isaac was one man with one wife, i didn't find any regret in his life style.

but Jacob get involved in it and was put into such act by his in-law, But this come through for what he did to is brother and get the return from his in-law.

but Rachael die Before her Husband, due to immoral act of her father in making Jacob to marry her and her sister. this also reflect on Reuben for sleeping with his father (Jacob)'s wife. and was curse by Jacob .

Leaving Bible apart ,Polygamy increases the rate of illiteracy in children.

Ruin a Nation

Due to increases of illiteracy Caused By Polygamy to Children brings lack of knowledge to know ones right in a nation , Those in power rule illegal, create law for their sake and children in backing up their home and reputation, if most people are literate the will be objection against such law.

see what illiteracy turn our nation to, will been deny of our right , because few people are fighting for the right and all is in vain. i learnt that majority carries a vote. if most people are literate and much in number there will be decrease in the rate of wrong leader.

I heard that the USA, practice monogamy most, and they have a good leader

for a Christian involving a polygamy,such person is not a real born again Christian
Christian means those who do all things in Christ Manner, and that wasn't part of the do of Christ

Polygamy Has no Advantages .
Let stop it and have a good Life,Family and Nation
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
steve1bam:

Ruin a Nation

Due to increases of illiteracy Caused By Polygamy to Children  brings lack of knowledge to know ones right in a nation , Those in power rule illegal, create law for their sake and children in backing up their home and reputation, if most people are literate the will be objection against such law.

see what illiteracy turn our nation to, will been deny of our right , because few people are fighting for the right and all is in vain. i learnt that majority carries a vote. if most people are literate and much in number there will be decrease in the rate of wrong leader.

I heard that the USA, practice  monogamy most, and they have a good leader

for a Christian involving a polygamy,such person is not a real born again Christian 
Christian means those who do all things in Christ Manner, and that wasn't part of the do of Christ

Polygamy Has no Advantages .
Let stop it and have a good Life,Family and Nation

every ill you have ascribed to polygamy also exists in monogamous homes. stop using specious arguments.

instead of listening, you should read. did you know that thomas jefferson, one of the founding fathers of the us carried on a relationship with a slave named sally jennings and she had several children by him?

maybe if we want to be a great nation ( like the united states) we should follow jefferson's example and  be in monogamous marriages and have several children by the hired help tongue
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by steve1bam: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2008
oyb:

every ill you have ascribed to polygamy also exists in monogamous homes. stop using specious arguments.

Can you please tell me example of the attribute mentioned by me, about polygamous that also exist exist in Monogamous ? .
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2008
It ruin self's life, children's life and even run down a Nation in which such is practice .

are you telling me that there are no monogamous families which are 'ruined' ?

are you telling me that nations like burma, where polygamy is not practised are not run down?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by bebe2007(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
oyb:

i do not advocate polygamy, but the gut reaction, unthinking comments by so many of the posters is typical of nigerians who do not think. my grandfather, like so many of the grandparents of our generation had four wives. some times, there was money, sometimes there wasn't . my dad did not follow his path. i know that there is no enmity betweeen my dad and his siblings.

enmity/beef/ scheming does not occur because of polygamy as a system, but because of human nature. there are a lot of irresponsible monogamists out there as well, who cannot take care of ONE child.

under contemporary 'civilisation' polygamy is not acceptable.  that does not mean that 200 years from now, it will not be in fashion again. if you read just a little anthropology ,  you will be amazed at the way customs and traditions are recycled over the ages.

i wonder what  feminists would do if there was a sudden shortage of marriageable men. you'd be suprised at how fast polygamy would become acceptable, and how  all those quoting their interpretation of the bible's stance on monogamy  would suddenly remember solomon and abraham grin

Well said.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by byluk(f): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2008
Robert55, ojukokoro a.k.a greed is ur name.Am sure u are fantasizing already on how u will tour pussies in the name of polygamy dat i guess is ur only selfish advantage of polygamy abi?.If your Polygamous family is soo rich am blessed how come u still haven't mentioned one single advantage if its really the best,pls do share yuor growing experience with us in da house.Do me a favor ok, dont mean to insult you o,Pls ask your mum if she is really happy with the other woman in her polygamous marriage.Post her answer and i will tell what i want u to know.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by steve1bam: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2008
oyb:

It ruin self's life, children's life and even run down a Nation in which such is practice .

are you telling me that there are no monogamous families which are 'ruined' ?

Certainly there are some and few in number, Such destruction occur due to disobedient to God
You Shall Know the Truth and Truth Shall Set you Free

oyb:

are you telling me that nations like burma, where polygamy is not practised are not run down?

Well Burma as mentioned as a Nation, I dont Know if polygamous is practice most but one thing i know is that if truly is a monogamous Nation and they are godliness they wont round down

Take That.

You Shall Know the Truth and The Truth shall Set You Free
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by mopol65: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2008
the dis-advantages of poly gamy:you are prone to unneccessary jealousy /envy 2} you assume u have an enemy within the house from day one you realized you have a step mother > 3] your success can not be celebrated openly with your immediate family >4 } your access to your father is a function of your mother position with dad 5} every sentence you make is interpreted to various meaning 6}if you want to travel ,even within the country you mustn't be sincere with you motive of raving } 7 > you must pretend you are not happy otherwise u will face the music> 8 you mother position determine you stake in the will if at all he has a plan for u i.e ur dad 9} you must face direct copetition at every stage of ur life 10 } you hadly pray together > please i can go as much as 100 disadvantages but it has only one advantage if that is reconed with > you will surely reduce your age by 10yrs as a father
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by DisGuy: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2008
mopol 65:

the this-advantages of poly gamy:you are prone to unneccessary jealousy /envy 2} you assume u have an enemy within the house from day one you realized you have a step mother > 3] your success can not be celebrated openly with your immediate family >4 } your access to your father is a function of your mother position with dad 5} every sentence you make is interpreted to various meaning 6}if you want to travel ,even within the country you mustn't be sincere with you motive of raving } 7 > you must pretend you are not happy otherwise u will face the music> 8 you mother position determine you stake in the will if at all he has a plan for u i.e your dad 9} you must face direct copetition at every stage of your life 10 } you hadly pray together > please i can go as much as 100 disadvantages but it has only one advantage if that is reconed with > you will surely reduce your age by 10yrs as a father

is this your personal experience? or you assume everyone in a polygamous home a jealous witch, trying to poison the other wife?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hafees: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2008
MISS OR MRS HOTFUNMI,, YOU POSTED A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC WHICH I HAVE NO FURTHER DOUBT AFTER READING THIS RESPONSE FROM YOU AS A VEILED ATTACK ON AN OTHERWISE CONTEMPORARY ISLAMIC JURISPUNDENCE.FOR YOUR INFORMATION,THERE ARE CERTAIN CONDITIONS THAT NECESSITATES A MUSLIM MAN TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE,IF THESE CONDITIONS EXIST AND ARE MET,THEN ITS GOOD FOR THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY VICE VERSA.BUT I MUST INFORM YOUR OTHERWISE MYOPIC VIEW THAT NO ONE WOULD PROBABLY GO TO ''HELL FIRE'' FOR TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE.WHAT IF SOMEONE TAKES ANOTHER WIFE IN OTHER TO STOP HIMSELF FROM ENGAGING IN ADULTERY??THINK!AND WISE UP MISS!!YOU HAVE PROBABLY ''SUCESSFULLY'' DIVIDED THE WORLD INTO TWO IN YOUR VIRTUAL MIND INTO GOOD AND EVIL, GOOD PROBABLY REPRESENTING 'CHRISTIANITY' AND EVIL CERTAINLY 'ISLAM' IN YOUR MIND.AND JUST FOR THE RECORD I USED TO LIVE IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH A DEACON WHO HAS THREE WIVES ALL UNDER THE SAME ROOF.AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM NOT A PACIFIST,I AM LIBERAL MINDED BUT WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOUR SELF SPEAK VOLUMES OF UNTRUE STATEMENTS, (LINKING ISLAM,POVERTY,ILLITERACY AND POLYGAMY TOGETHER) I HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO ASSUME THAT YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WITH NOTHING ELSE TO FLAUNT.
TO THE OTHER NAIRALANDERS AM SORRY FOR THIS OTHERWISE HARSH WORDS,ITS A MIRACLE HOW SOME PEOPLE EVER GET TO REGISTER ON THIS FAMOUS WEBSITE.SIGNING OUT.IGNORANCE IS A SIN.ILLITERACY IS NOT DEFINED ONLY BY ONES INABILITY TO SEEK WESTERN STYLED EDUCATION!!DAMN[/quote

Could we look at this issue from another angle please, what happens to those women who are looking for men/marriages especially with the shortages of men? Dont you think polygamy will solve it, this is an angle. Pls ladies in the forum this is a thought i would like your responses to. Remember its about 1man:10women, now i mean no disrespect. Again why should a woman marry the so called wretched man as a second man?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Gamine(f): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2008
The bible said

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife and they shall be one flesh.
, one!

thats all there is to say

Cos i dont know how many women , one man wants to cleave it, kai!!! dats why we hv problems in this world today

SELFISHNESS!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hotfunmi(f): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2008
by truecomments
MISS OR MRS HOTFUNMI,, YOU POSTED A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC WHICH I HAVE NO FURTHER DOUBT AFTER READING THIS RESPONSE FROM YOU AS A VEILED ATTACK ON AN OTHERWISE CONTEMPORARY ISLAMIC JURISPUNDENCE.FOR YOUR INFORMATION,THERE ARE CERTAIN CONDITIONS THAT NECESSITATES A MUSLIM MAN TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE,IF THESE CONDITIONS EXIST AND ARE MET,THEN ITS GOOD FOR THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY VICE VERSA.
Conditions like what?

BUT I MUST INFORM YOUR OTHERWISE MYOPIC VIEW THAT NO ONE WOULD PROBABLY GO TO ''HELL FIRE'' FOR TAKING MORE THAN ONE WIFE.WHAT IF SOMEONE TAKES ANOTHER WIFE IN OTHER TO STOP HIMSELF FROM ENGAGING IN ADULTERY??
According to the holy bible, you are already guilty of adultery by indulging in polygamy. You cannot live on sex alone.

THINK!AND WISE UP MISS!!YOU HAVE PROBABLY ''SUCESSFULLY'' DIVIDED THE WORLD INTO TWO IN YOUR VIRTUAL MIND INTO GOOD AND EVIL, GOOD PROBABLY REPRESENTING  'CHRISTIANITY' AND EVIL CERTAINLY 'ISLAM' IN YOUR MIND. AND JUST FOR THE RECORD I USED TO LIVE IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH A DEACON WHO HAS THREE WIVES ALL UNDER THE SAME ROOF

Lol, we are just mere fans of either islam or chritianity by choice. For the records though, the quran advocates polygamy but the bible prohibits it so whomever is the hypocritical deacon you lived with should read his bible more often than playboy magazine or ikebe super.

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM NOT A PACIFIST,I AM LIBERAL MINDED BUT WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOUR SELF SPEAK VOLUMES OF UNTRUE STATEMENTS, (LINKING ISLAM,POVERTY,ILLITERACY AND POLYGAMY  TOGETHER) I HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO ASSUME THAT YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WITH NOTHING ELSE TO FLAUNT.
We cannot all be liberals. I am not linking Islam with anything, all I did was point to the facts on polygamy.  You and I can at least agree that it's more prevalent among moslems thats why the northerners lead in that sector in Nigeria  followed by the moslem  yorubas.
That does not mean that there are no polygamists among the christian yorubas or other southeasterners, but the rate is small and is going down daily.
smiley thanks for noticing my beauty.

.ILLITERACY IS NOT DEFINED ONLY BY ONES INABILITY TO SEEK WESTERN STYLED EDUCATION!!DAMN

[quote][/quote]
Illiteracy means 'not literate' and is strictly related to the ability/inability  to read and write  unless you are talking about ignorance.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2008
Polygamy is generally evil.
Slice it whichever way you want,it has absolutely no advantages in today's soceity.

I can see that most of the people beating others over the head when they talk ill of polygamy are Muslims,that's not an accident.
Their religion condones multiple "wives" but the question is what are the advantages of such?

A lady earlier had told us of her happy and rich polygamous home where her father had 3 wives in different geographical locations and provided for them excellently,I don't wish to bash her,another poster already asked her some key questions.
Which child would prefer a visiting father?
A  father that'll breeze in and out at will.
A father that may miss birthdays,her award ceremonies in school and a father that may not be there to help take care of her when she's sick ?

Most of the women that go into this  sort of union are poor and uneducated
Some are even bethroted to men their fathhers age before ever they reach menarche.
It's insane.

It's impossible for a man to treat 2 women the same let alone 4,polygamy may have served it role when we farmed yams and cocoyams and hands were needed on the farm,it is now useless.
For those who argue that women are more in number than men,it's not your duty to save the womenfolk.
Marry your own wife,not wives and stick to her alone.
Afterall marriage is not compulsory.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2008
Thanks to polygamy and it's added population explosion,our almajiri's,area boys and bakassi boys have grown beyond control.
oyb:

instead of listening, you should read. did you know that thomas jefferson, one of the founding fathers of the us carried on a relationship with a slave named sally jennings and she had several children by him?
maybe if we want to be a great nation ( like the united states) we should follow jefferson's example and  be in monogamous marriages and have several children by the hired help tongue

typical mindset of an Islamic upbringing
Did Thomas Jefferson  impregnate his hired help because he could not have 3 other wives to impregnate or because he was adulterous?
Or are you telling me that men with countless wives are immune from running after other women and impregnating them after they've locked up their wives in "akwule"?
Polygamy is unhealthy for anyone and in this age of HIV,a man dipping his joystick in 4 or 5 women unprotected ought to be denounced.
I don't care what they are to him
And a woman allowing herself to be "dipped" knowing that the joystick freely dips into 3 or 4 other known  women ought to get her head examined.
I said known women,remember ther's still a chance the man sees others and the other wives could also be seeing others.

The chances of contracting something almost equals that of a prostitute

The risks are too numerous to ignore

The world is now a totally different place than our grandfather's

It's the little girls,some as young as 9 that are basically forced into these arrangements that I have the most sympathy for not the grown wives of a rich Alhaji.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2008
+osisi:

Thanks to polygamy and it's added population explosion,our almajiri's,area boys and bakassi boys have grown beyond control.
typical mindset of an Islamic upbringing
Did Thomas Jefferson  impregnate his hired help because he could not have 3 other wives to impregnate or because he was adulterous?
Or are you telling me that men with countless wives are immune from running after other women and impregnating them after they've locked up their wives in "akwule"?
Polygamy is unhealthy for anyone and in this age of HIV,a man dipping his joystick in 4 or 5 women unprotected ought to be denounced.
I don't care what they are to him
And a woman allowing herself to be "dipped" knowing that the joystick freely dips into 3 or 4 other known  women ought to get her head examined.
I said known women,remember ther's still a chance the man sees others and the other wives could also be seeing others.

The chances of contracting something almost equals that of a prostitute

The risks are too numerous to ignore

The world is now a totally different place than our grandfather's

It's the little girls,some as young as 9 that are basically forced into these arrangements that I have the most sympathy for not the grown wives of a rich Alhaji.

typical mindset of a notorious  islam basher/hater 

how many polygamous couples have you come across. heh.

one of my friends in secondary school was ibo and christian and his dad had two wives. he got along well with his siblings. there was another guy, maybe two years below me also ibo - his dad had multiple wives. this wasn't some shanty school. we were all kids of educated professionals.

maybe its like this - polygamy is practised by poor uneducated muslims, and rich successful christians. just ask the late Ekene Dili Chukwu.you can also ask OBJ.

if you chose to properly read the ridiculous post from steve 1bam who says monogamy is responsible for americas current hegemony( someone should tell him that empires have risen and fallen across the ages) you'd get where i'm going.

as to the 'chances of contracting something almost equalling that of a prostitute', what you are really saying is that women cannot be trusted. (maybe the western christians in the middle ages had the right idea about that - chastity belts)

i suppose most of the half wit comments posted here reflect the  typical mindset of a christian upbringing tongue

so . . . +osisi . . . i seem to remember you posting somewhere that your grand dad also had multiple wives. so, what religion was he?  or should i   thus  assume you are a second generation christian?also - does that mean he was evil?  since evil is a word you like to assocaite with everything you loathe. did he also marry his wives against their will?

Gamine:

The bible said

Gen 2:24  Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife and they shall be one flesh.
, one!

so what does that make abraham and solomon? or were they just winging it, since the  bible as it is today was after their time?

as to multiple dipping, sorry, but plenty of unmarried women especially the modern 'liberated ' ones have no qualms about that. are you sure you live in the us of casual sex , no commitments and multiple sex partners , or somewhere else?

and, just for the record, sally jennings wasn't his hired help. she was his slave
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by yemivictor: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2008
The women should be reasonable women, not vindictive witches. My step mums are educated, reasonable women, who by chance found themselves in their situation. I must say, we were lucky to have my Dad, who did provide adequately for all.Why he got into it, i do not know.WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

@ bebe2007,

With all due respect, could you please elucidate on the bold part of your above statement?
I'm curious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man And His Fiancee Dance 'Shaku Shaku', Do The Doggy Pose In Pre-Wedding Photos / Why We Can’t Propose To Men – Abuja Women / The First Red Flag You Saw In Your Relationship And Know It Will Not Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.