Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

Advantages Of Polygamy? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advantages Of Polygamy? (45511 Views)

Counter Thread: Advantages Of Dating A Tall Girl. / Paradox Of Polygamy / 13 Advantages Of Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
So far it seems it's only the man who benefits really from polygamy.

Someone has said polygamy rescues single mothers. Sweetheart you don't need to sound desperate to prove polygamy has advantages.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2008
hmm. . . your long suffering god . . . the same one that gave us 40 days and 40 nights of rain. . .and wiped out sodom and gomorrah

+osisi, you have never read the Quran either. you just copy and paste from prophet of doom

more on polygamy in the bible

http://dialogtube.com/ntpoly.htm

1- A brief look at polygamy in the Old Testament:

Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons, "

There are a lot more verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy, but I think that the above are sufficient enough to prove my point.

more

Before I present the verses from the New Testament that allow polygamy, I first would like to prove to you that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the laws of the Old Testament, and did order his followers (the Christians as we call them) to follow the laws of the Old Testament:

Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that Jesus honored the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it that have not been replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.

There is not a single verse from the New Testament that prohibits polygamy. Christians usually mistakenly present the following verses from the Bible to prove that polygamy in the New Testament is not allowed:

Matthew 19:1-12 "1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to
the other side of the Jordan.
2. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3. Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4. "Haven't you read," he (Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,'
5. and said, `For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
7. "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
8. Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
10. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."
11. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
12. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

In the above verses, we see that Jesus was approached with a question about whether or not it is allowed for a man to divorce his wife in Matthew 19:3. Jesus immediately referred to the Old Testament for the answer in Matthew 19:4. He referred to Adam and Eve, one man and one woman. The Old Testament does talk about the story of Adam and Eve as one husband and one wife. However, the Old Testament which Jesus had referred to in Matthew 19:3 does allow polygamy.

Also, when a man becomes a one flesh with his wife in Matthew 19:5-6, this doesn't mean that the man can't be one flesh with another woman. He can be one flesh with his first wife, and one flesh with his second wife, and one flesh with his third wife and so on, To further prove this point, let us look at the following from the New Testament:

Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

In Matthew 22:24-28, the Jews referred to Deuteronomy 25:5 from the Old Testament where it states that if a woman's husband dies, and she didn't have any kids from him, then she must marry his brother regardless whether he had a wife or not. When the Jews brought this situation up to Jesus in Matthew 22:24-28, Jesus did not prohibit at all for the childless widow to marry her husband's brother (even if he were married). Instead, Jesus replied to them by saying that we do not marry in heaven, and we will be like angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30).

So in other words, if Jesus allowed for a widow to marry her former husband's brother even if he were married, then this negates the Christians' claim about the Bible prohibiting polygamy. A man can be one flesh with more than one woman. In the case of Matthew 22:24-28, the man can be one flesh with his wife, and one flesh with his deceased brother's wife. Also keep in mind that Exodus 21:10 allows a man to marry an infinite amount of women, and Deuteronomy 21:15 allows a man to marry more than one wife.

+osisi, you refer to your fellow christians practising polygamy as 'christians'. how unchartibale and typically unchristian of you . doesn't your book say 'for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god. . .' it ain't for you to pass judgement on your fellows
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2008
hotfunmi:

Where I live? so you can stalk me? I guess you sleep everynight dreaming on how to get me in your bed. Dream on,mallam.

i wonder why these crusaders keep entertaining the delusion that they are wildly attractive and that , like them peopl have nothing better to do than obsess,
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by obyann(f): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
say No to polygamy.
no good thing comes out of polygamy.
wives fighting
children hating each other
the so called father will have favourites child and wife
sad sad
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2008
Oyb

Im still waiting for the Advantages of Polygamy

So far you have been trying to counter peoples own points

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only I have found, that God has
made man upright, but they have sought out many inventions.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Iman3(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
Gamine:

Oyb

I'm still waiting for the Advantages of Polygamy

Menage a trois,FFM,FFFM,FFFFM,e.t.c

Imagine,I could even have a roster of who I sleep with every day of the week cool
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ I-man

Yes a roster that shall expire when u turn 40. tongue
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
oyb:

hmm. . . your long suffering god . . . the same one that gave us 40 days and 40 nights of rain. . .and wiped out sodom and gomorrah

+osisi, you have never read the Quran either. you just copy and paste from prophet of doom

more on polygamy in the bible

http://dialogtube.com/ntpoly.htm

1- A brief look at polygamy in the Old Testament:

Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons, "

There are a lot more verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy, but I think that the above are sufficient enough to prove my point.

more

Before I present the verses from the New Testament that allow polygamy, I first would like to prove to you that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the laws of the Old Testament, and did order his followers (the Christians as we call them) to follow the laws of the Old Testament:

Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that Jesus honored the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it that have not been replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.

There is not a single verse from the New Testament that prohibits polygamy. Christians usually mistakenly present the following verses from the Bible to prove that polygamy in the New Testament is not allowed:

Matthew 19:1-12 "1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to
the other side of the Jordan.
2. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3. Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4. "Haven't you read," he (Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,'
5. and said, `For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
7. "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
8. Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
10. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."
11. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
12. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

In the above verses, we see that Jesus was approached with a question about whether or not it is allowed for a man to divorce his wife in Matthew 19:3. Jesus immediately referred to the Old Testament for the answer in Matthew 19:4. He referred to Adam and Eve, one man and one woman. The Old Testament does talk about the story of Adam and Eve as one husband and one wife. However, the Old Testament which Jesus had referred to in Matthew 19:3 does allow polygamy.

Also, when a man becomes a one flesh with his wife in Matthew 19:5-6, this doesn't mean that the man can't be one flesh with another woman. He can be one flesh with his first wife, and one flesh with his second wife, and one flesh with his third wife and so on, To further prove this point, let us look at the following from the New Testament:

Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

In Matthew 22:24-28, the Jews referred to Deuteronomy 25:5 from the Old Testament where it states that if a woman's husband dies, and she didn't have any kids from him, then she must marry his brother regardless whether he had a wife or not. When the Jews brought this situation up to Jesus in Matthew 22:24-28, Jesus did not prohibit at all for the childless widow to marry her husband's brother (even if he were married). Instead, Jesus replied to them by saying that we do not marry in heaven, and we will be like angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30).

So in other words, if Jesus allowed for a widow to marry her former husband's brother even if he were married, then this negates the Christians' claim about the Bible prohibiting polygamy. A man can be one flesh with more than one woman. In the case of Matthew 22:24-28, the man can be one flesh with his wife, and one flesh with his deceased brother's wife. Also keep in mind that Exodus 21:10 allows a man to marry an infinite amount of women, and Deuteronomy 21:15 allows a man to marry more than one wife.

+osisi, you refer to your fellow christians practising polygamy as 'christians'. how unchartibale and typically unchristian of you . doesn't your book say 'for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god. . .' it ain't for you to pass judgement on your fellows

Sounding desperate eh?
there's no verse that hails polygamy either but the[b] new testament and God's primary design withAdam and Eve shows monogamy as the mind of God.[/b]
Christ Never allowed anyone to inherit anybody's wife,he was answering a question posed [b]and the message there was that there was no marriage in heaven[/b]stop telling lies.
yes Christ came to fulfill the law,look up the word fulfillment and read the book of Hebrews,stop parroting nonsense.
No born again,spirit filled Christian would marry 2 wives.
Just because someone calls himself a Christian doesn't make him one.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
Posted by: oyb 
Insert Quote

Yet allah found it worthy to smuggle the stories of Lot and Noah into the Koran as his own works shocked shocked shocked shocked

all I ask is show me where God asked men to marry plenty wives and show me a disciple of Jesus that took on a second wife
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hotfunmi(f): 2:00am On Jan 30, 2008
By Oyb
i wonder why these crusaders keep entertaining the delusion that they are wildly attractive and that , like them peopl have nothing better to do than obsess,

I also  wonder why it's difficult for some people to feel good about themselves and also leave those of us that are happy to express our joy and God's marvelous work in us. Is it a crime to say I am beautiful? If glorifying God for making me look and feel good is delusional in your line of thought, then, I can cormfortably say, Nigeria,  we have a problem.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 2:11am On Jan 30, 2008
My sister no mind them.
If you're beautiful say so,it's not a crime.
You are beautifully and wonderfully made
ain't no gainsaying in that
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by TheSly: 2:21am On Jan 30, 2008
this thread is still active?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Tboy007: 4:50am On Jan 30, 2008
Having undertaken an overall perusal of this discussion, it is ovbious & explicitly clear that our dear Funmi has a reservation for muslims. However, I don't subscribe to the use of this forum as an avenue for a display of religious bigotry, chauvinism & un-complimentary remarks.

My submissions are as follows:

1) Islam permits polygamy. This permission comes along with its reponsibilties.One of which is that those engaged in it must be economically capable of such adventure.

2) The institution of polygamy serves to remedy some societal circumstances:

a) Issues of the incompatibility of a couple after marriage.In order to salvage the image of both parties, a man is permitted to take a second wife if d first is not able to give him a child. With respect to the rights of the woman, she is entitled to seeking a divorce from the man (if she so wishes), if he is d source of d childless-ness/in-compatibility.
b) Issues of non-proportional ratio of men:women. It is clear from all around us, there are virtually more men than women in the society. If u're a student, just take a brief & cursory look at the gender ratio in ur class & u will understand what i mean.
If the institution of polygamy is non-existent,what happens to the other women, after the one man, one wife pair has been exhausted.Are they to seek husbands from Mars?
c) Issues of having extramarital affairs.

Polygamy, in Islam is a remedy to solve some societal issues & not just a welcomed culture.

With respect to the issue of muslim men having higher a % of polygamy concentratn, I beg to contest that fact. In my case, my nuclear family is the only one not involved in polygamy in an extended family made up mainly of xtians.

As a summary, we should endeavour to all try as much as possible to make inquiries before delving into issues, to find more refined ways in engaging ourselves without hurting each others' feelings and also to prevent pre-conceived ideas from modelling our thoughts & perceptions. Indeed, we have so much work to do moving our beloved country to greater heights than indulging in such.

(For personal comments, this is my mail addy:taofeek_biobaku@yahoo.com)
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
how typical of god's children to assume  they can interpret their 'father's' plans and intentions. this is the same reasoning behind faith healing. back in tyhe day, the church outlawed medicine for the same reason.because of their interpretation of their god's intentions.

hmm osisi, scion of a god that changes his mind everyday. anyway, lets wait for testament volume III, supporting gay marriage. grin

but osisi, did jesus not say that? or is was he as you say 'speaking in parables?'

one wonders about these christain bigots . they always refer to others  as 'christians'

certainly, i'm sure some of your fellow christians would say the same about you. ie- that you aren't a christian. christains aren't supposed to be bigots are they?

as to your claims, on plagiarism, i seem to remember posting a reply to that in your compatriot's thread, after which y'all embarked on the standard tactic, going offtopic. tongue

er. . . as to your fledgling compatriot being 'beautiful and wonderfully made' , why doesn't she post a pic to let us confirm that for ourselves.maybe i will start stalking her since that what she has obviously come to expect from males who argue with her .

hotfunmi:

I also  wonder why it's difficult for some people to feel good about themselves and also leave those of us that are happy to express our joy and God's marvelous work in us. Is it a crime to say I am beautiful? If glorifying God for making me look and feel good is delusional in your line of thought, then, I can cormfortably say, Nigeria,  we have a problem.

@ hotfunmi truly, i didn't realise that in addition to being a budding christian bigot in crusaders clothing, you're also a shrink. who would have thought that in a single thread, you figured out enough about me to know that i don't feel good about myself.perhaps you belong to that school of thought that considers feeling good about onself to be the domain of the self described 'god's children' alone. tongue, rest assured, i feel okay with myself, and i am secure enough in myself to feel have no need to give myself a name such as 'jedi engineer'  'mr sixpack' ,  'big boy' or anything else.

also , as a muslim, i glorify Allah for his blessings by thanking Him, not by referring to myself as 'jedi engineer'  'mr sixpack' ,  'big boy' , 'CAD guru' 'baba fine boy' or anything else. referring to myself in such a manner has the stink of hubris, or even better self glorification.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2008
Tboy007:

Having undertaken an overall perusal of this discussion, it is ovbious & explicitly clear that our[b] dear Funmi has a reservation for muslims[/b]. However, I don't subscribe to the use of this forum as an avenue for a display of religious bigotry, chauvinism & un-complimentary remarks.

reservations, who are you kidding? how about outright hatred? you can bet she seethes inwardly whenever she is in the presence of muslims.don't you know nairaland is the only way so many christian bigots can bleed off their hatred of Islam, Muslims, Muhammed, and Allah. without nairaland some people would have run mad along time ago.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2008
Gamine- go to my first post in this thread
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Gamine(f): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
Oyb

i didnt see any advantages

i saw only rantages
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
eh. . .good one!

maybe your optician is ripping you off -or you're too vain to wear the coke bottle prescription he really made - or you simply have a short attention span when reading-

go back to my first post-

in the west, when a so inclined man makes it, he dumps his wife and marries a trophy wife (sort of like trading in your 2001 benz for a 2007 benz). in nigeria, he marries a second wife and the first wife fades into the background. there's your advantage. at least in africa, where ploygamy is not a crime, the woman's welfare is in less jeopardy since she is still married to the man.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Gamine(f): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2008
if you term that an advantage. . . .

Your English teacher obviously ripped you off! shocked tongue
What did you get in WAEC or JAMB?
Or
You are actually posting from a center for 'special' people

Chai!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by almondjoy(f): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
oyb:

eh. . .good one!

maybe your optician is ripping you off -or you're too vain to wear the coke bottle prescription he really made - or you simply have a short attention span when reading-

go back to my first post-

in the west, when a so inclined man makes it, he dumps his wife and marries a trophy wife (sort of like trading in your 2001 benz for a 2007 benz). in nigeria, he marries a second wife and the first wife fades into the background. there's your advantage. at least in africa, where ploygamy is not a crime, the woman's welfare is in less jeopardy since she is still married to the man.

I thought you said the "polygott" was sexy and intelligent with the grand ma specks? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You don change mouth? cheesy

You are the one with the long term memory loss--you old fart! cheesy
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
oyb:

hmm osisi, scion of a god that changes his mind everyday. anyway, lets wait for testament volume III, supporting gay marriage. grin

but osisi, did jesus not say that? or is was he as you say 'speaking in parables?'

one wonders about these christain bigots . they always refer to others as 'christians'

certainly, i'm sure some of your fellow christians would say the same about you. ie- that you aren't a christian. christains aren't supposed to be bigots are they?

as to your claims, on plagiarism, i seem to remember posting a reply to that in your compatriot's thread, after which y'all embarked on the standard tactic, going offtopic. tongue

er. . . as to your fledgling compatriot being 'beautiful and wonderfully made' , why doesn't she post a pic to let us confirm that for ourselves.maybe i will start stalking her since that what she has obviously come to expect from males who argue with her .

YOu sound like one called "accuser of the brethren"
Jesus never advocated polygamy,prove it or be quiet!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
Gamine:

if you term that an advantage. . . .

Your English teacher obviously ripped you off! shocked tongue
What did you get in WAEC or JAMB?
Or
You are actually posting from a center for 'special' people

Chai!

it would seem that you're confusing logical reasoning with verbal reasoning,

you may have to wait a little before taking the gmat/gre. . . don't want to imagine how hard you must have found the SATs grin

almondjoy:

I thought you said the "polygott" was sexy and intelligent with the grand ma specks? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You don change mouth? cheesy

You are the one with the long term memory loss--you old fart! cheesy

er. . . . erm. . . .
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by almondjoy(f): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2008
oyb:

it would seem that you're confusing logical reasoning with verbal reasoning,

you may have to wait a little before taking the gmat/gre. . . don't want to imagine how hard you must have found the SATs grin

er. . . . erm. . . .

Yeah!

Abeg carry go!

Over to you +Osisi!

Grabbing ma chair and midday brunch!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
This oyb guy get bad mouth o.
almond dear forgive him,he likes doing shakara
last year on the arabic naira thread when he wanted to show off,
out of nowhere he posted a picture of himself on the thread,complete with well groomed bia bia
The boy fine,I no go lie but is he annoying?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
meanwhile oyb,your little boy on your profile is soooooooooooooo cute.
as cute as almonds little girl
I'm crazy about cute babies

the sweet side of babyosisi cheesy
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by almondjoy(f): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
+osisi:

Yes oh! Nice to know our dear "oyb" has not been shooting blanks! cheesy

The little dude is really cute!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hafees: 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
@funmi and osisi

when will u guys realise you can only rant about this polygamy thing and can do nothing about it. it is a a choice people make, do u think other ppl can force down ur throat their choices telling you urs is wrong, why dont you vent ur anger and energy on the terrible increase in divorces, that would be more like it. That way u will help several people.

The truth is if i have the financial muscle i am going to marry more than one wife and i have no apology,cus i do not agree with extra marital affairs. no matter what u say or the gimmick u employ, it is allowe in Islam and i think it is non of you business if muslims wants to, for heaven sake why do u think ur ideas are the best or the only reasonable, others think too you know and they sure know what they are doing!.
u can wait for ever for the advantages, u have been told several but you will either not see or block ur minds.  my dear sisters with all the respect i can muster for women, i say i love you guys but we need a second wife. no vex
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Gamine(f): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Oyb

Now i am clear on you
You are definately in the special center!

it seems you have confused me with a mind reader! shocked
Sorry i dont dabble in the occult!

If a man dumping his wife is what you call an advantage,
then you have a really long time to spend there! cheesy

@Almondjoy

Your challenge shouldnt be my problem
Fix it!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by osisi5: 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
hafees:

@funmi and osisi

when will u guys realise you can only rant about this polygamy thing and can do nothing about it. it is a a choice people make, do u think other people can force down your throat their choices telling you urs is wrong, why don't you vent your anger and energy on the terrible increase in divorces, that would be more like it. That way u will help several people.

The truth is if i have the financial muscle i am going to marry more than one wife and i have no apology,cus i do not agree with extra marital affairs. no matter what u say or the gimmick u employ, it is allowe in Islam and i think it is non of you business if muslims wants to, for heaven sake why do u think your ideas are the best or the only reasonable, others think too you know and they sure know what they are doing!.
u can wait for ever for the advantages, u have been told several but you will either not see or block your minds. my dear sisters with all the respect i can muster for women, i say i love you guys but we need a second wife. no vex

My dear, marrying multiple wives is not a cure for infidelity.You can have a bed full of women leave your home and find other attractive women to keep you warm.
It takes a man who marries a woman he respects to realise that he ought to forget all others and build a home with her.
Three's a crowd and 5 sure is a market place
I thank God I'm married to a man who is in Christ and understands that our love here on earth should mirror the love Christ has for his Church.
I also thank God I was raised by a father who is still married to his one true love for more than 3 decades now.

what you decide to do is your business but I can assure you ,i f you have wondering eyes,4 women won't be enough.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hotfunmi(f): 11:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
Posted By Oyb,
@ hotfunmi truly, i didn't realise that in addition to being a budding christian bigot in crusaders clothing, you're also a shrink. who would have thought that in a single thread, you figured out enough about me to know that i don't feel good about myself.perhaps you belong to that school of thought that considers  feeling good about onself to be the domain of  the self described  'god's children' alone. , rest assured, i feel okay with myself, and i am secure enough in myself to feel have no need to give myself a name such as 'jedi engineer'  'mr sixpack' ,  'big boy' or anything else. .
I am so mortified, ehm amused. Why give yourself such names when you wallow in self pity with a protruding stomach? Wouldn't that be mocking yourself?  You surely lack the spirit behind self esteem and that is evident from your utterances.  I hope you know that "big boy" actually  means a fat man{ you can use that at your own discretion, keep up with the isi ewu).

also , as a muslim, i glorify Allah for his blessings by thanking Him, not by referring to myself as  'jedi engineer'  'mr sixpack' ,  'big boy' , 'CAD guru' 'baba fine boy' or anything else. referring to myself in such a manner has the stink of hubris, or even better self glorification.
Self glorification? what if you call yourself a "sorry computer technician", what will that be? self mortification?

reservations, who are you kidding? how about outright hatred?  you can bet she seethes inwardly whenever she is in the presence of muslims.don't you know nairaland is the only way so many christian bigots can bleed off their hatred of Islam, Muslims, Muhammed, and Allah. without nairaland some people would have run mad along time ago,
There you go again, I have no business with Islam/moslems and will not hate them as Christ taught me. I only do not agree with Islam, isn't that my fundamental right? I will never marry a moslem by[b] my own choice[/b] just like you may never agree with christianity at your RISK. You and your Islamic faithfuls can worship muhammed at will, it's not my business as long as you throw the bombs and stones at yourselves whenever you feel like. Do not visit me with matchet, bombs or any form of agression because I do not agree with your religion because I will never do the same to you or is Islam no more a peaceful religion?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by almondjoy(f): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2008
Gamine:

@Oyb

Now i am clear on you
You are definately in the special center!

it seems you have confused me with a mind reader! shocked
Sorry i don't dabble in the occult!

If a man dumping his wife is what you call an advantage,
then you have a really long time to spend there! cheesy

@Almondjoy

Your challenge shouldnt be my problem
Fix it!

Some things are not fixable ma dear! tongue
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2008
+osisi:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

thank you. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Married But Dated A Single Lady For 2 Years Now I Am Loosing My Mind! / Why U Must Use Vega 100 (strictly For Men) / Are Female Doctors Also Promiscuous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.