Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? (35510 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Why Do Ladies Dump Guys Who Refuse To Have Sex With Them ? / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Wow! Ds sounds interestin bt funny d@ my dad s cmpletely d opposite of ds scenario cz he always say d@-afta eatin,d quarel wl cntinue bt he wnt deny hmself d food he bought into d aus.. I wl lve ma husband to b lyk my dad n ds case also.smileywink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Sabretooth1(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2012
whiteeyes: why wouldn't they? If only d men could think of d sacrifice, energy n time a woman devotes in d kitchen to ensure a good meal for him!but no!he'll rather put up such childish act! Can't u men lovingly talk to ur women? U choose to humilliate n frustrate her efforts¿ RUBBISH, I don't giva damn!
men do that only when talking fails...and trust me, with most women, talking is just a waste of breath. Women want you to accept everything they say and would make a big fuss when you don't, even when you have valid reasons. How many women are unwilling to nag their husbands to death? At times I wonder if they even think all those times. People like me do not have the patience for fruitless talk and silly arguments. If she isnt interested in a sensible discussion, am not interested in talking or doing anything else with her, and food is the least of problems.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Oahray: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sabre-tooth:
men do that only when talking fails...and trust me, with most women, talking is just a waste of breath. Women want you to accept everything they say and would make a big fuss when you don't, even when you have valid reasons. How many women are unwilling to nag their husbands to death? At times I wonder if they even think all those times. People like me do not have the patience for fruitless talk and silly arguments. If she isnt interested in a sensible discussion, am not interested in talking or doing anything else with her, and food is the least of problems.
Gbamest! I endorse this post jawe!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by tomzman: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
van bonattel:

Raising your hand to beat a woman, you will be surprised how many ladies are secretly taking karate lessons. Just try anything funny and you will spend the next few days in the hospital
LMAO grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Wahala90: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
bettymafy:
The moral of the lesson is: u only end up hurting ursef if u refuse eating (in the case of the man) or taking money (in the case of the woman). Time to grow up people!

So you think when a woman refuses to cook by refusing to take feeding money she hurts herself alone. What about the children and other relations that may be at home. It is funny how we think we are civilised and yet when we talk it is something else. Please, happily married women should beware. We have so many women who have failed in their marriages and are happy to see the marriages of others fail.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by jumkoe(f): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
i dont think u are married wait still then u will understand how its hot
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Les: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wahala90:

So you think when a woman refuses to cook by refusing to take feeding money she hurts herself alone. What about the children and other relations that may be at home. It is funny how we think we are civilised and yet when we talk it is something else. Please, happily married women should beware. We have so many women who have failed in their marriages and are happy to see the marriages of others fail.
Exactly, any woman dat refuses to feed d kids cos of hubby is even more irresponsible. I hope you are not like dat, cos if you're, i'll be waiting for wen you come to nairaland to complain how ur hubby cheated on u.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by FrenchyL(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
NeeFEmi: Just their low thinking faculty.
On a more serious note, some of these men who do that want the women to understand how they feel.
So its just passing an indirect message that the lady needs to see where she missed it.

But I don't buy the idea. Why not just correct her in love

I seriously object to your choice of words. You don't have any idea why the man is acting in that way and as such you're not in a position to call men names. Don't forget that women act in very funny ways too. If we start the name calling game we might cause more harm than good. I agree that correction should be made in love but it takes two to tango doesn't it.Never assume that a man has a low thinking faculty...it will work against you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
When the kids come....it will be difficult to keep misunderstanding for long...

There are far better ways to register grievances than going on hunger strike at home..or dividing the kitchen into two.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
ibrobell: cos ignoring a woman is the best way to discipline a her

Don't ignore a woman that you know many can't ignore.choose your battles wisely.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
Flyboy Zee: Me, I do it a lot & I've been doing it a long time.

1. Refuses my mom's food for days. Lived off the Mango, cashew, guava, orange & pawpaw trees in our backyard. It worked magic. After the fourth day she called me, we discussed & resolved the issue. My mom no dey send person o, but this time, she really felt it. Each them I'm really upset with her I did it & she never take it for granted. Just with me o & not with the other sibblings.

2. I did it with my guardian's wife back then when she insulted me over food related issues & after about 3 days, she came begging and apologising with the husband and never ever insulted me again until I left their house.

3. Now that I'm married, I've done it like a couple of times. My wife will initially form "NO SENDING", but as soon as she realizes that I'm willing to go on for ever like that, she gets of her high horse & begin to look for a common grounds for us to settle. Mind you, I was properly brought up by my mom, so I cook very well and am also well grounded on the execution of household chores.

For me, its actually like an #occuppy... kinda thing. I'll protest by refusing food until you come to terms that there is a very serious problem to be sorted first. I've also realised that each time I solve problems like this, they never ever repeat themselves again.
at bolded, very funny hehehhehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by victme1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Men, what is it with this your delibrate starvation?
Even if you eat outside, you still have to come to momma someday.
*Winks*

Even if you eat outside, you still have to come to momma somday - on this your summation, i laugh and say till monkey go, go market wey e no go return. y, may bi that soup wey ur man dey see chop for outside come sweet pass the one wey u cook.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by DukeNija(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Knowledge9000:
He is lucky. Not at my house. The first time my father tried this, my Mom put him on hunger strike for 3 days and he never tried it again.

Sorry to say this, But your Mom is not a good example.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by NEROSKY(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Can't believe i read all this comments..Okay lemme summarize and Close thread....
From the comments from ladies here,shows that they're so self centred,and they don't care about their husband feeling..You girls should choose the approach of food rejection later apologis than Heavy blow in the face for correction,don't force your husband to beat you and later you complain of Men tantrum/Childish behaviour... I just thank God 4 my babe,she don't give room for fracas/qurrel..she would apologiz and also ask me to..and the outcome is woah!!!(such a lovely n undestanding gurl.A wife material 4 that matter)...LADIES YOU SHOULD WAKE UP AND LEAVE THAT YOUR INSIDOUS PHILOSOPHY...For poster, be ready to move in ur new husband apartment because you no get Akö nu Úchè..or leave in trauma if u're the one providing..

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by chacha3(f): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
IYA NGBALI: that was how I fell into the hands of my second wife
so u hv more dan a wife? Well a cheatin hubby wil always cheat even if u fill his stomach because some men even if dey are angry n refused dia wife's food dey rather stay hungry or eat snacks dan run into d arms of anoda woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by skulanja: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
it is because some of them are not matured emotionally and in the game of love
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by faithme22(f): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hello dear,
How are you today, I hope all is well with you ,My name is miss faith, I was so impressed to came across your profile today which drag my interest in you, I will also like to know more about you,reply directly to my personal Email ID (faiithfalli@ymail.com) so that I can send you more details about my self including my pictures. I believe we can move from here. Bear in mind that friendship and Love has no colors barrier, or distance barrier, the only important thing there is love. hope to hear from you soon email me direct to .( faiithfalli@ymail.com)
Yours Sincerely
Miss faith
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by KINGwax(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
larrymoore: Men are fake, next time, they should nt only abandon d food bt also go on sex strike.
that wld be easy. It doesnt look like her vag's got infrastructures like tarred roads and street lights. hence, not even diff from the house maid's. #just sayin ni o#

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by kaboninc(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Black_Oyinbo: The answer is simple. Its because men do not pretend when they are hurt. When a true man is angry with someone he cares about, he must show it. Unlike some women. A woman may eat and smile with u while plotting evil against U.

I believe not eating a woman's food is a mild way of showing his annoyance...abi would u prefer if he gave her some slaps.

Though I'm unmarried i knw Married men love pampering even more than women. Just pamper him a little and see miracles.

Damn 55 likes! You really captured the minds of many! Including me of course.hehe
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by KINGwax(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
faithme22: Hello dear,
How are you today, I hope all is well with you ,My name is miss faith, I was so impressed to came across your profile today which drag my interest in you, I will also like to know more about you,reply directly to my personal Email ID (faiithfalli@ymail.com) so that I can send you more details about my self including my pictures. I believe we can move from here. Bear in mind that friendship and Love has no colors barrier, or distance barrier, the only important thing there is love. hope to hear from you soon email me direct to .( faiithfalli@ymail.com)
Yours Sincerely
Miss faith
ezechukwe, abi wetin b ur name. Ur fakeness is written all over ur profile. Rangin from the pix to how u are following yourself.
hey yo mod, i'm proposing a life ban to both this fake handle and the real owner who is the follower. Thank u
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Les: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
kaboninc:

Damn 55 likes! You really captured the minds of many! Including me of course.hehe
I love dat lady!!!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by phenomguy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
DANILSA:
BUT UR JUST A BOY OR YOU MEAN WITH UR MUM? lipsrsealed
LWKMD
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by slimphemmie(f): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
40 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO IN
MARRIAGE/ RELATIONSHIP
By Hope ThankGod Emilano
If you find your self doing any of this , its a
sign of imaturity and you need to grow up;
*keeping malice
*rejecting food because ur angry wit ur wife
*abusing each other
*reporting to a 3rd party
*sexual denial, having no intrest in sex
*hatred nd lovelessness
*failure to provide for the family
*night crawling
*naggin nd murmuring
*failure to apologise when ur wrng
*failure to pray togethr wt ur spouse
*failure to 4gv ur spouse A TREAT ONCE A WHILE to spice up the home
*embarrassing ur spouse openly
*comparing ur spouse wt others
*Loving ur siblings, parnts nd childrn MORE
than ur spouse
*failure to go for counseling when ur
marriage is in trouble
*failure to be commited to ur marriage
*thinking of divorce
*keeping things secret from ur spouse
*THREATENING ur spouse wt divorce nd
separation
*shouting or raising ur voice during
discussions
*arguements which no bdy is ready to lose
*taking credit for any good thing that
happen nd not gving any to ur spouse*being
selfish nd self centered
*allowing friends nd familly menbers to
direct the affairs of ur home *not acepting
blame for any mistake
*laziness nd failure to work
*competing with ur spouse at home
*talking abt ur 'ex' boyfrnd or galfrnd often
*unfriendly nd uncaring attitude
*wife battering
*stinginess, loving to receive nd not willing
to give
*drunkeness nd clubbing
*treating ur spouse without respect
*failure to COMMUNICATE and DISCUSS ISSUES AS THEY ARISE rather than PILING UP TO BLAST IT ALL OUT IN ONE DAY
*wasteful spending
*allowing anger, bitterness and resentiment
to take over ur life
*referring to OLD HURTS OFTEN
*taking vengeance of every offence
andrefusing to reconcile.
WISE THINGS TO DO IN MARRIAGE/
RELATIONSHIP;
*put God first
*let communications channels be open
*Love ur spouse no matter what
*Give room for sex nd romance at all time
*pray for each other separately and together
*Accept ur spouse for who he or she is
*forgive generally
*be kind to ur spouse
*submit to each other
*sleep in the same room
*work for each other
*bath together.....To make a happy world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by mollie12: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
I believe that's a very childish attitude.

So you won't eat your wife's food in anger but you definitely have to eat something somewhere. You go off to buy food outside to spite her and make her feel bad, but hey, your feeding budget has doubled because of your tantrum. Who's going to feel the financial pinch?

If you feel that badly about her behaviour, why not tell her to leave off cooking till your quarrel has been sorted out? You have to learn how to talk to your wife in a way she would understand when she has wronged you and not go off on some pig-headed fit that would end up hurting you in d long run. I mean, really?!?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Les: 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
slimphemmie: 40 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO IN
MARRIAGE/ RELATIONSHIP
By Hope ThankGod Emilano
If you find your self doing any of this , its a
sign of imaturity and you need to grow up;
*keeping malice
*rejecting food because ur angry wit ur wife
*abusing each other
*reporting to a 3rd party
*sexual denial, having no intrest in sex
*hatred nd lovelessness
*failure to provide for the family
*night crawling
*naggin nd murmuring
*failure to apologise when ur wrng
*failure to pray togethr wt ur spouse
*failure to 4gv ur spouse A TREAT ONCE A WHILE to spice up the home
*embarrassing ur spouse openly
*comparing ur spouse wt others
*Loving ur siblings, parnts nd childrn MORE
than ur spouse
*failure to go for counseling when ur
marriage is in trouble
*failure to be commited to ur marriage
*thinking of divorce
*keeping things secret from ur spouse
*THREATENING ur spouse wt divorce nd
separation
*shouting or raising ur voice during
discussions
*arguements which no bdy is ready to lose
*taking credit for any good thing that
happen nd not gving any to ur spouse*being
selfish nd self centered
*allowing friends nd familly menbers to
direct the affairs of ur home *not acepting
blame for any mistake
*laziness nd failure to work
*competing with ur spouse at home
*talking abt ur 'ex' boyfrnd or galfrnd often
*unfriendly nd uncaring attitude
*wife battering
*stinginess, loving to receive nd not willing
to give
*drunkeness nd clubbing
*treating ur spouse without respect
*failure to COMMUNICATE and DISCUSS ISSUES AS THEY ARISE rather than PILING UP TO BLAST IT ALL OUT IN ONE DAY
*wasteful spending
*allowing anger, bitterness and resentiment
to take over ur life
*referring to OLD HURTS OFTEN
*taking vengeance of every offence
andrefusing to reconcile.
WISE THINGS TO DO IN MARRIAGE/
RELATIONSHIP;
*put God first
*let communications channels be open
*Love ur spouse no matter what
*Give room for sex nd romance at all time
*pray for each other separately and together
*Accept ur spouse for who he or she is
*forgive generally
*be kind to ur spouse
*submit to each other
*sleep in the same room
*work for each other
*bath together.....To make a happy world.
Wat is thankGod emilano?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by caesaraba(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
byvan:

Don't ignore a woman that you know many can't ignore.choose your battles wisely.

Gbam! This is the sole reason I'm not taking the 'next-step' with my g.f. What a ludicrous school of thought to belong to. If I have to always keep it at the back of my mind that my woman can easily move on to someone else because I ignored her while having a quarrel, then I guess it was a mistake marrying her in the very first place.

(I think) Ladies who have low self-esteem often wanna prove that "if you don't want me, someone else wants me." Kinda makes you look cheap.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by phenomguy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
caesaraba:

Gbam! This is the sole reason I'm not taking the 'next-step' with my g.f. What a ludicrous school of thought to belong to. If I have to always keep it at the back of my mind that my woman can easily move on to someone else because I ignored her while having a quarrel, then I guess it was a mistake marrying her in the very first place.

(I think) Ladies who have low self-esteem often wanna prove that "if you don't want me, someone else wants me." Kinda makes you look cheap.
GBAM!!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by pleep(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
[size=25pt]Who else doesn't get that cartoon up there^^^^^^^^^^?[/size]
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by drnoel: 1:17am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: [size=25pt]Who else doesn't get that cartoon up there^^^^^^^^^^?[/size]
i also wondered why the person who pasted the cartoon did so, but u know what,....nothing in NL surprises me any more.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Collinsterol(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Shoutout to all women it d house. But the truth is no matter how u aromatized ur food and ur husby didnt even care to look towards u, it pains a great deal? Wats d benefit of a delicious food with no husby to say "WOW BABY THIS IS DELICIOUS".
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by kaboninc(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Les: I love dat lady!!!

Lady?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by kaboninc(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
mollie12: I believe that's a very childish attitude.

So you won't eat your wife's food in anger but you definitely have to eat something somewhere. You go off to buy food outside to spite her and make her feel bad, but hey, your feeding budget has doubled because of your tantrum. Who's going to feel the financial pinch?

If you feel that badly about her behaviour, why not tell her to leave off cooking till your quarrel has been sorted out? You have to learn how to talk to your wife in a way she would understand when she has wronged you and not go off on some pig-headed fit that would end up hurting you in d long run. I mean, really?!?

Are you married? If you haven't pls wait till you're. So when it happens...you'll know what to do. Even the finest gentleman do it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? / 10 Silly Things Guys Do But Call It Love / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple Rocking Wings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.