Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,980 members, 7,814,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10054 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 6:59am On Jan 06, 2013
@Dayokalu,

The document refers to every land including communal, inherited and sacred lands. There wasn't any reference to people being indigenous to the land.

If you may know the document put everyone living in a particular state in the same radar.

There was no mention of exclusive list where a particular tribe ownership endures forever without review.

What then makes any Yoruba from Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Edo and Oyo States different from somebody from say Sokoto, Enugu or any other State in Nigeria.

Lagos State is not an inheritance to South West States, rather a former Capital of Nigeria and will remain so. It must work for all its inhabitants and as Alj harem rightly said "No person will be deprived of his/her right of which right to vote and be voted for is inclusive"

Eko Ile:

They review for a reason. If after their review a decision was reached not to renew your lease, they'll take away the lease or revoke it. Your lease is even revokable before the end of your 99 years lease if need be.

When the time come for everybody to answer their papa name, we'll claim back all our land and you are on your own. The land is not yours, na borrow borrow you borrow.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Rhino5dm: 6:59am On Jan 06, 2013
The vantage DK doing his thing cool

dayokanu:

Knock it into their head for the illiterates to know that the land they bought in Lagos doesnt make them Lagosians
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2013
Intelligent discussions and debates are meant to be done with mutual respect and civility.
Intelligence and Success have different SI Unit than what you have in mind.

Rhino.5dm:
The vantage DK doing his thing cool

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: @Dayokalu,

The document refers to every land including communal, inherited and sacred lands. There wasn't any reference to people being indigenous to the land.

If you may know the document put everyone living in a particular state in the same radar.

There was no mention of exclusive list where a particular tribe ownership endures forever without review.

What then makes any Yoruba from Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Edo and Oyo States different from somebody from say Sokoto, Enugu or any other State in Nigeria.

Lagos State is not an inheritance to South West States, rather a former Capital of Nigeria and will remain so. It must work for all its inhabitants and as Alj harem rightly said "No person will be deprived of his/her right of which right to vote and be voted for is inclusive"

If Nigeria should split today what do you think would happen to the land you bought in Lagos?

If Nigeria splits into Biafra, Oduduwa, Nigerdelta Arewa etc. Do you still think the same fate of Ogun, Osun citizens in lagos would be the same with the Biafrans like Anambra and ENugu

Thats the difference Theres soething called "ANSWER YOUR PAPA NAME"

A Yorubaman is a Yorubaman anywhere whether in Lagos, Ekiti or Osun
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2013

Ok let me correct a notion here my brother and I would be realistic with you cuz there is no point lying.

Do you in any sense feel that the actual Lagos indigenes have more right than the people from those states you mentioned aka Ogun, Oyo, Sokoto, Enugu and co ?

If No, then that statement was not needed or put in the wrong context

If Yes, then that is where the problem is. Reason being, the rate at which people from Ogun and co can blend in would be very hard for a non-Yoruba to do the same.

We indigenes speak Yoruba or Ogu but 99% pure yoruba as our language, now a man for Ilorin or Kogi that is named Tunde and speaks yoruba can as well be considered as an indigene. I mean what is the difference, all he needs to do is spend a week in Lagos and call himself an indigene. What evidence do you have to proof he is not ? All you just see is that he is Yoruba and that is all that matters. Only yorubas themselves and I don't mean the ajebutters. I mean the olders that know there history can tell the difference and the Obas.

Ngwakwe, just drop the topic with Eko ile and co. I have supported you so far not because you are saying the true and being objective. While discussing, do try to add ethnicity or try to breakdown what would confuse you my brother. You would just fall for his trap.

As a Lagosian which I believe you are, you are entitled to every single right the indigenes of the state have. This include buying and keeping your land for as long as you want unless of course Lagos state government impound it. Even at that they MUST give you a good reason because it is your right and you can sue them as you so wish.

Now another thing I noticed is the misinterpretation among mostly igbos on buying houses and lands. When you buy such properties that is not in Igboland be it abroad or within Nigeria, you should realise that it is just a LONG TERM LEASE land and not ownership. No way in the world do ownership of a land occur and it is not about to start in Nigeria.

Why do you think UK and US call for investor to buy lands and develop ? Because they know it is still theirs anyway and in a few years time, it would no longer be yours.

Just so you know what you are doing when you buy land outside Alaigbo. Think about it, if the whole world have Igbo people's mentality about houses and land, we would have scattered countries of which part of Mexico is Texas or part of Nigeria is Atlanta etc aka expansionism. IT WOULD NEVER BE TOLERATED BY ANYONE be rest assured.

But don't let anyone deprive you of your right and also invest with wisdom. That is my point

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 7:23am On Jan 06, 2013
My friend, my property in Catalonia is not contestable whether she splits from Spain or not.

You think Exxon Mobile will lose their investments if Nigeria splits.

Nigerians have landed properties all over Africa and no one is afraid of loosing anything. Why should Nigerian case be any different.

dayokanu:

If Nigeria should split today what do you think would happen to the land you bought in Lagos?

If Nigeria splits into Biafra, Oduduwa, Nigerdelta Arewa etc. Do you still think the same fate of Ogun, Osun citizens in lagos would be the same with the Biafrans like Anambra and ENugu

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 7:24am On Jan 06, 2013
dayokanu:

@ Ngwakwu Egbon Dayo has just hammered my point across. That is the truth, there would be a massive difference.

Think about it, if UK should split. Do you expect the fate of Irish people in London to be the same as that of English ? Certainly not

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: My friend, my property in Catalonia is not contestable whether she splits from Spain or not.

You think Exxon Mobile will lose their investments if Nigeria splits.

[b]Nigerians have landed properties all over Africa and no one is afraid of loosing anything. [/b]Why should Nigerian case be any different.

LOL Big mistake. Although that is govern by international laws. Nigeria is govern by National laws
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Rhino5dm: 7:31am On Jan 06, 2013
Oh I see, na only for Lagos your intelligent they come? why not start from south east? "Ibo sense"? Na dem sabi pass. or why not contest for governorship in Kano? or Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Beyelsa etc?

E gba mi ati omo ibo yi cool.

Those who cannot remember their past should be condemn to repeat it(modified by me).

Lagos was, is and shall be the sole property of Yorubas alone.

Again, get that into your flat head.cool

Ngwakwe: Intelligent discussions and debates are meant to be done with mutual respect and civility.
Intelligence and Success have different SI Unit than what you have in mind.

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: Non-yorubas are ijaws, igbos, efik, hausas, edos etc
How many Hausaa, ijaws and Efik goes about mouthing the way Ibos do about "owing" all the lands in choice areas of Lagos?
Humility is strange to you guys
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: THIS IS NOT IGBO OR BIAFRA AGENDA!!! A strategy by LAGOSIANS!!

Meaning?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2013

Do people inherit what's already theirs? I need to stop taking you and your funny pots seriously.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 8:02am On Jan 06, 2013
dayokanu:

Dude is really not a bright fella.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by geeez: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2013
@alj harem, no Yoruba can claim to come from Lagos just because his name is Tunde. As a true Yoruba man, you should realize that every Yoruba family has an 'idile' or household and it won't even take the Oba to identify you.

I also wonder what the Igbos' obsession with Lagos is? Why aren't they saying this about Kaduna despite having a sizeable number of Igbos there? Wasn't Calabar also a former capital? And just because I bought a property in Kent and I have Yourba neighbors who own thier houses doesn't mean Kent is now Yorubaland

Lagos is geographically, culturally and politically Yorubaland and nothing can change that
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 8:11am On Jan 06, 2013
geeez: @alj harem, no Yoruba can claim to come from Lagos just because his name is Tunde. As a true Yoruba man, you should realize that every Yoruba family has an 'idile' or household and it won't even take the Oba to identify you.

I also wonder what the Igbos' obsession with Lagos is? Why aren't they saying this about Kaduna despite having a sizeable number of Igbos there? Wasn't Calabar also a former capital? And just because I bought a property in Kent and I have Yourba neighbors who own thier houses doesn't mean Kent is now Yorubaland

Lagos is geographically, culturally and politically Yorubaland and nothing can change that

We are saying the same thing geeez. I just made an exaggeration so he can understand my point. Most of the people he calls Yoruba in Lagos are actually the indigene anyway.

Also yes it is Yoruba but surely a non-indigene can contest. I hope you are not planing to take that right from them.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Pukkah: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2013
seunfly:
No sir i have seen an igboman elected as local government chairman in Lagos before and there have been records of so many comisioner of non-yoruba extract in Lagos, Oyo and kwara in the past. I think what matter most is who will deliver the fruit of good governance in any state. Not who are you, but who you are. If an Hausa man should have chance to rules Oyo state and deliver the goodies of democracy during the tenure of Alao Akala won't wish he had won instead of Akala?

Mention the names of those 'many' non-Yorubas that have been Commissioners in Oyo and Kwara states.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Y'all are bunch of dumb-old-nonentities..Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it!!

I know we made it attractive and all of a sudden all u greedy fools are tryna claim it....Lagos is never going to have a non-Yoruba as governor, face it!

Develop Enugu, Anambra, u know all those "not so cool states"....just maybe it will look attractive to other ethnic groups, mtcheeew

Lagos this, Lagos that, Barawos leave our state for us biko!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2013
For once let's be civil in this debate.

I don't see how South West ownership of Lagos State is reducing hunger and Child mortality rate in other Yoruba States in the real world.

Shollypopz: Y'all are bunch of dumb-old-nonentities..Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it!!

I know we made it attractive and all of a sudden all u greedy fools are tryna claim it....Lagos is never going to have a non-Yoruba as governor, face it!

Develop Enugu, Anambra, u know all those "not so cool states"....just maybe it will look attractive to other ethnic groups, mtcheeew

Lagos this, Lagos that, Barawos leave our state for us biko!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
The next question is: WHICH NIGERIAN NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOSIAN ORIGIN DESERVES THE GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IN 2015. It must not be Igbo, because the trend in this thread where Igbos are being blackmailed wont stop this aspiration. He can be Ijaw, urhobo, hausa, fulani, igbo, efik/ibibio, edo, isoko, tiv, igala etc all represented in Lagos. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: The next question is: WHICH NIGERIAN NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOSIAN ORIGIN DESERVES THE GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IN 2015. It must not be Igbo, because the trend in this thread where Igbos are being blackmailed wont stop this aspiration. He can be Ijaw, urhobo, hausa, fulani, igbo, efik/ibibio, edo, isoko, tiv, igala etc all represented in Lagos. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!!

Indeed yes we can. Mobilize your people aka the non- indigenes and start the electoral process my brother rather than venting you anger or Lagosians Yorubas.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: For once let's be civil in this debate.

I don't see how South West ownership of Lagos State is reducing hunger and Child mortality rate in other Yoruba States in the real world.
Shut up your mouth!! How are the Igbos reducing kidnapping, hunger, child mortality in their states?? angry angry

Tell your people to stop having long throat. Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it losers!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
Shut up your mouth!! How are the Igbos reducing kidnapping, hunger, child mortality in their states?? angry angry

Tell your people to stop having long throat. Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it losers!!
grin grin grin grin grin

They know don't work yourself up. The point he is trying to make is that a non-yoruba should be allowed to contest. Yes he is right

The only problem is that there is no point in history they have ever been stopped from contesting.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
The next question is: WHICH NIGERIAN NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOSIAN ORIGIN DESERVES THE GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IN 2015. It must not be Igbo, because the trend in this thread where Igbos are being blackmailed wont stop this aspiration. He can be Ijaw, urhobo, hausa, fulani, igbo, efik/ibibio, edo, isoko, tiv, igala etc all represented in Lagos. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!![b]The next question is: WHICH NIGERIAN NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOSIAN ORIGIN DESERVES THE GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IN 2015. It must not be Igbo, because the trend in this thread where Igbos are being blackmailed wont stop this aspiration. He can be Ijaw, urhobo, hausa, fulani, igbo, efik/ibibio, edo, isoko, tiv, igala etc all represented in Lagos. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!![/b]The next question is: WHICH NIGERIAN NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOSIAN ORIGIN DESERVES THE GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IN 2015. It must not be Igbo, because the trend in this thread where Igbos are being blackmailed wont stop this aspiration. He can be Ijaw, urhobo, hausa, fulani, igbo, efik/ibibio, edo, isoko, tiv, igala etc all represented in Lagos. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
^ e be like say you don dey mad small small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gbawe: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
SUBMARINE: @Non-Yorubas Lagos residence should realize that historically, yorubas are socially but not politically tolerant. So please do your business, make your money and go back to your villages to contest with your money.

Some of you here make me laugh the way you are always putting Yorubas under the spotlight for what all Nigeria, if anything, is guilty of. Don't you see all the Igbo Governors of Northern States that shows the North is more "politically tolerant" than the SW? DO you not see all the Yoruba political office holders in SE States that also confirms the SE to be above the SW as per political tolerance? SS nko? Is Bamidele Ajayi not Governor of Delta State while such has not happened in the SW?

All these utterances, which by-passes the reality affecting the entire Nation, attempting to malign the SW and Yoruba people by deceit and stealth are just grotesquely dishonest and downright hypocritical. That is a pet hate of mine i.e folks playing victim and acting holier-than-thou when everyone can see they are even more unclad than others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
Why would I want to be governor of a strange land when my home dey there
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
alj harem: ^ e be like say you don dey mad small small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
There is no madness bro, we want i civil leadership in lagos where everybody must work to uplift lagos. We're not dethroning de Oba of Lagos. We re taking the political leadership in 2015. WE ARE LAGOSIANS..
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin

They know don't work yourself up. The point he is trying to make is that a non-yoruba should be allowed to contest. Yes he is right

The only problem is that there is no point in history they have ever been stopped from contesting.
What is this one going on about?? A non-Lagosian shouldn't be allowed to run for Lagos state governorship, period!! This doesn't even have to do with Yorubas. Not all Yorubas can run for the position, it shouldn't be so.

If an Igbo person wants to be a governor, make he waka go his state. You know those mumu states like Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu.....go there and steal and destroy your states. There's no way Yorubas are going to let an Igbo guy destroy one of their own. It's our state and we're protective of it. Don't forget we were the ones that made it that attractive. A non-Lagosian cannot be expected to have enough passion and willingness to rule Lagos state.

Una don hear?? Make una leave Lagos state alone, commot una greedy eyes. "You can't touch this! oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..."

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Meaning?
It is a ONE NIGERIA thing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christmas: NSCDC Deploys 55,000 Personnel, Sniffer Dogs / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring / Ajaokuta Steel To Operate At Full Capacity By 2017 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.