Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10048 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gbawe: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:
Why would I want to be governor of a strange land when my home dey there

Thank you for your refreshing honesty and outlook. Any Lagosian, wherever they are from, should try and build the structure to become Governor of Lagos if that is their desire. Nigeria cannot exist in a vacuum and evolution will not bypass or spare us. What is happening worldwide will eventually be seen in Nigeria also. After all, many individuals of Nigerian origin are political leaders in places like the UK with the likes of Chuka Umunna touted a future Obama of the UK.

Worldwide, folks take a passionate interest in landmass they use and are affiliated with.They enter politics because they want the Cities and State they love and live in to work better. Perfectly normal. What is nauseating about Nigeria is how it is those with no affiliation whatsoever with certain States who keep obsessing about those States and its leadership. Very unhealthy, mentally, in my opinion and a sign some people carry unresolved issues around leading to these manifestation of unrequited obsessions. It is first and foremost about home, as you identify, foe mentally healthy and balanced people.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Jaideyone(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
Shut up your mouth!! How are the Igbos reducing kidnapping, hunger, child mortality in their states?? angry angry

Tell your people to stop having long throat. Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it losers!!
lmao you dey vex o

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
What is this one going on about?? A non-Lagosian shouldn't be allowed to run for Lagos state governorship, period!! This doesn't even have to do with Yorubas. Not all Yorubas can run for the position, it shouldn't be so.

If an Igbo person wants to be a governor, make he waka go his state. You know those mumu states like Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu.....go there and steal and destroy your states. There's no way Yorubas are going to let an Igbo guy destroy one of their own. It's our state and we're protective of it. Don't forget we were the ones that made it that attractive. A non-Lagosian cannot be expected to have a enough passion and willingness to rule Lagos state.

Una don hear?? Make una leave Lagos state alone, commot una greedy eyes. "You can't touch this! oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..."
We are Lagosians having our investment, families and have spent more than 30 years in Lagos. We ll be more committed to see that our interest and that of Lagos is protected.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you for your refreshing honesty and outlook. Any Lagosian, wherever they are from, should try and build the structure to become Governor of Lagos if that is their desire. Nigeria cannot exist in a vacuum and evolution will not bypass or spare us. What is happening worldwide will eventually be seen in Nigeria also. After all, many individuals of Nigerian origin are political leaders in places like the UK with the likes of Chuka Umunna touted a future Obama of the UK.

Worldwide, folks take a passionate interest in landmass they use and are affiliated with.They enter politics because they want the Cities and State they love and live in to work better. Perfectly normal. What is nauseating about Nigeria is how it is those with no affiliation whatsoever with certain States who keep obsessing about those States and its leadership. Very unhealthy, mentally, in my opinion and a sign some people carry unresolved issues around leading to these manifestation of unrequited obsessions. It is first and foremost about home, as you identify, foe mentally healthy and balanced people.
GOD bless you my brother! This exactly what we are looking forward to in 2015..
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz: Y'all are bunch of dumb-old-nonentities..Lagos is a Yoruba state, deal with it!!

I know we made it attractive and all of a sudden all u greedy fools are tryna claim it....Lagos is never going to have a non-Yoruba as governor, face it!

Develop Enugu, Anambra, u know all those "not so cool states"....just maybe it will look attractive to other ethnic groups, mtcheeew

Lagos this, Lagos that, Barawos leave our state for us biko!

Be careful so that your ibo brothers won't line you up in the league of Tonto dikeh and ogugua88 for making anti-ibo comments.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
What is this one going on about?? A non-Lagosian shouldn't be allowed to run for Lagos state governorship, period!! This doesn't even have to do with Yorubas. Not all Yorubas can run for the position, it shouldn't be so.

If an Igbo person wants to be a governor, make he waka go his state. You know those mumu states like Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu.....go there and steal and destroy your states.
There's no way Yorubas are going to let an Igbo guy destroy one of their own. It's our state and we're protective of it. Don't forget we were the ones that made it that attractive.
A non-Lagosian cannot be expected to have a enough passion and willingness to rule Lagos state.

Una don hear?? Make una leave Lagos state alone, commot una greedy eyes. "You can't touch this! oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..."
WORD!

You as a Yoruba lady, if you're asked right now and given the right to go and chase an Igbo lady close to you, can you? Whether you like it or not, Lagos is the hardwork of all Nigerians. It is the reason why Nigeria is still one today. For Christ sake, Lagos is no-mans land. tongue But who runs Lagos, THE IGBOS! That's why today the worst a Yorubaman can do to the Igbos is their keypad. Nothing more! I've known them right from time as e-warriors.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: We are Lagosians having our investment, families and have spent more than 30 years in Lagos. We ll be more committed to see that our interest and that of Lagos is protected.
Then go back to your state! Did we ask you to come to our state to invest those unwanted 30 years?? Lagos shouldn't give a damn about your interest but the interest of Lagosians. Till Nigeria adopts the permanent residency move which y'all ignoramus verbally opposed, y'all do not stand a chance. Can you guys be saying this bullsh1t in the North where the Hausas are residing? They would have beheaded you greedy fools long time!! Na everything be business to una, una wan turn Lagos state governorship to Alaba market, Nonsense!!

Yorubas tolerate crap, walahi I wan create my own boko haram. Kill all Igbos in Lagos state. Na Sholly E. Popz talk am and I approve this message!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jaidey-one:
lmao you dey vex o
Not really, more like irritated!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
WORD!

You as a Yoruba lady, if you're asked right now and given the right to go and chase an Igbo lady close to you, can you? Whether you like it or not, Lagos is the hardwork of all Nigerians. It is the reason why Nigeria is still one today. For Christ sake, Lagos is no-mans land. tongue But who runs Lagos, THE IGBOS! That's why today the worst a Yorubaman can do to the Igbos is their keypad. Nothing more! I've known them right from time as e-warriors.

I do not understand what the part in bold means. hahahahaha @ Lagos is a "no-mans" land. Can you imagine these ingrates?? We allow them come into our land cos we are generous and welcoming ppl, now they are telling us our land is not ours.

KAI Yorubas, we haff suffered! After the shelter, opportunities, and platform to grow we've offered u in our state, you throw our kindness in our face. You bite the fingers that fed you. Igbos!! Igbos!! Igbos!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:

I do not understand what the part in bold means. hahahahaha @ Lagos is a "no-mans" land. Can you imagine these ingrates?? We allow them come into our land cos we are generous and welcoming ppl, now they are telling us our land is not ours.

KAI Yorubas, we haff suffered! After the shelter, opportunities, and platform to grow we've offered u in our state, you throw our kindness in our face. You bite the fingers that fed you. Igbos!! Igbos!! Igbos!!
I don't get you. The land in Lagos, in which the Igbos are living and working in, was it conquered, stolen or purchased? I need instant answer, please!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by ikeyman00(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
@@@@

These people from other side of the country might be losing their mental state badly;

consider the madness below

eko ile
Rubbish. Instead of Lagos, next time use Abia or whatever you call it..

You people eat, sleep and dream Yoruba, you wish you are Yoruba, you wish God made you Yoruba.

its obvious by 2020 yaba left will be out of bound shocked

and for all those listening or have been long enough in nl having afam as a moderator is this biggest upset in the history of the country

now me sitting here to try to visualize what an Igbo president will bring to those deluding people from that side and their counterpart

to this people we say[size=28pt] get well and live with it[/size]
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

My brother at times I think the obama phenomenon gets people a bit confused.

I was born and raised on the lagos island but I know where I am from and I'm proud of the place. If I decided to run for office in lagos as humongous as a governor, the people in my village would start wondering if I am indeed a bastard and not really their son.

I agree with what you said about the political sphere of nigeria evolving to the level where possibly one day odogwu-x's descendant may run for governor in lagos if he/she is inclined to but for the forseeable future its not practical or even sensible at all
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by omiobo: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
Non-yoruba cannot rule lagos that is simple truth! It is just a waste of time to argue. I'm against tribalism,so I better watch it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
Just go through this link to see part of the reasons we want change in lagos come 2015. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. https://www.nairaland.com/1152985/acn-ever-win-election-lagos
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by omiobo: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:

Cool your temper,it is only a f.ool that mistaken tolerance for stupidity.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
What baffles me most is that there was nothing like Igbo mentioned in the topic but the first thought the Yorubas will bear is 'these Igbos have come again'. I don't know why at the mention of the word, 'IGBO', the whole nation trembles! Does this mean we're the greatest? Still thinking. Hated by Yorubas mostly (but unfortunately for them, there's nothing they can do about it), Hated by Hausas (they express theirs bitterly by murder), even our neighbouring Ijaws (they would prefer been slaves to the Hausas than have Igbos around them). Why?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:

Yorubas tolerate crap, walahi I wan create my own boko haram. Kill all Igbos in Lagos state. Na Sholly E. Popz talk am and I approve this message!

These are the sort of demonic and infinitely stu.pid rants that make people turn into tribalists and haters overnight. Be very careful
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
WORD!

there is one thing that really irritates me. How can you say that ? LOL I have to agree with Shollyepop here after reading that crap
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gbawe: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:

My brother at times I think the obama phenomenon gets people a bit confused.

I was born and raised on the lagos island but I know where I am from and I'm proud of the place. If I decided to run for office in lagos as humongous as a governor, the people in my village would start wondering if I am indeed a bastard and not really their son.

I agree with what you said about the political sphere of nigeria evolving to the level where possibly one day odogwu-x's descendant may run for governor in lagos if he/she is inclined to but for the forseeable future its not practical or even sensible at all

I believe a non-Yoruba will be governor of Lagos in the end but that will happen when evolution makes that possible. When I mentioned Obama, I mean that a young man of Nigerian origin is being touted as able to achieve in the UK what Obama has achieved in the US. All this because attitudes has changed and evolution has taken care of things to ensure many now view Umunna as equal to them instead of insisting , as we see here, he is 'less entitled'. Obama, whatever the crisis the Nation was facing, could not have been President of the USA in 1960 America.

I would encourage anyone who truly loves Lagos , wherever they are from, to actively become involved in its politics. The journey of a thousand miles must begin somewhere and we will someday get to a situation where trusted Individuals many Lagosians believe have the utmost interest of the State at heart, whatever their origin, can become Governor. That time is not 2015 and may not even be upon us in the next 2 decades.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

I believe a non-Yoruba will be governor of Lagos in the end but that will happen when evolution makes that possible. When I mentioned Obama, I mean that a young man of Nigerian origin is being touted as able to achieve in the UK what Obama has achieved in the US. All this because attitudes has changed and evolution has taken care of things to ensure many now view Umunna as equal to them instead of insisting , as we see here, he is 'less entitled'. Obama, whatever the crisis the Nation was facing, could not have been President of the USA in 1960 America.

I would encourage anyone who truly loves Lagos , wherever they are from, to actively become involved in its politics. The journey of a thousand miles must begin somewhere and we will someday get to a situation where trusted Individuals many Lagosians believe have the utmost interest of the State at heart, whatever their origin, can become Governor. That time is not 2015 and may not even be here in the next 2 decades.

Gbammmmmm ! I approve of this
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: What baffles me most is that there was nothing like Igbo mentioned in the topic but the first thought the Yorubas will bear is 'these Igbos have come again'. I don't know why at the mention of the word, 'IGBO', the whole nation trembles! Does this mean we're the greatest? Still thinking. Hated by Yorubas mostly (but unfortunately for them, there's nothing they can do about it), Hated by Hausas (they express theirs bitterly by murder), even our neighbouring Ijaws (they would prefer been slaves to the Hausas than have Igbos around them). Why?
We ve expressed it time after time, THIS IS NOT IGBO AGENDA!!! LAGOSIANS WANT A CHANGE..
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: We ve expressed it time after time, THIS IS NOT IGBO AGENDA!!! LAGOSIANS WANT A CHANGE..
Igbos and other ethnic groups are not Lagosians. Not all Yorubas are Lagosians, gerrit??!!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
Then go back to your state! Did we ask you to come to our state to invest those unwanted 30 years?? Lagos shouldn't give a damn about your interest but the interest of Lagosians. Till Nigeria adopts the permanent residency move which y'all ignoramus verbally opposed, y'all do not stand a chance. Can you guys be saying this bullsh1t in the North where the Hausas are residing? They would have beheaded you greedy fools long time!! Na everything be business to una, una wan turn Lagos state governorship to Alaba market, Nonsense!!

Powerful civilian! Leave your computer and go and start by killing one Igbo. Talk is cheap. undecided
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

I would encourage anyone who truly loves Lagos , wherever they are from, to actively become involved in its politics. The journey of a thousand miles must begin somewhere and we will someday get to a situation where trusted Individuals many Lagosians believe have the utmost interest of the State at heart, whatever their origin, can become Governor. That time is not 2015 and may not even be upon us in the next 2 decades.
THAT'S NOT THE THEORY OF CHANGE. NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOS GOVERNOR 2015: THE CHANGE IS NOW
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Well said. I was actually agreeing with you on the obama thing. It may be obtainable for a foreigner to take huge positions in the US or UK because they've had ages to greatly advance their political structures but for a nation like ours it really needs time to develop.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Jaideyone(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
lol i've learnt to just let those clowns rant while i have a good laugh. There's no need to be irritated

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jaidey-one:
lol i've learnt to just let those clowns rant while i have a good laugh. There's no need to be irritated
Are you Alj harem ? because i think exactly like you in this aspect

Although it is fun to engage them a bit just so you laugh yourself grin grin grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by TableLeg(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
I dont care who becomes the next governor as long as whoever it is carries on with the good work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dankwambo Appoints 123 New Aides (pics) / President Buhari Running Despotic Democracy - PDP / Jigawa State PDP Governorship Rally In Kiyawa LG (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.