Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41577 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 6:19am On Jan 12, 2013
malaria:
But she will help u in sharing d financial burdens. Smh Nigerian husbands.
This is where my problem lies. What is with you calling Nigerian Husbands? Some Nigerian men act like this but not all.

I am Nigerian and I believe a man should help his wife out with chores not as a favour but responsibility. So abeg don't start with your Nigerian men thing oooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 6:27am On Jan 12, 2013
malaria:
what sort of financial burdens,
that will only occur if i have malaria which might prevent me from going to work....
*smiles*
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 6:37am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is where my problem lies. What is with you calling Nigerian Husbands? Some Nigerian men act like this but not all.

I am Nigerian and I believe a man should help his wife out with chores not as a favour but responsibility. So abeg don't start with your Nigerian men thing oooooo.
u dey vex?
BTW, is it a responsibility to help?.
helping is based on discretion

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Mynd44: 6:38am On Jan 12, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

u dey vex?
BTW, is it a responsibility to help?.
helping is based on discretion
With the chores in you own house? What is bad about it?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 7:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
With the chores in you own house? What is bad about it?
don't get me wrong,presently i can do almost all household chores n i don't intend on jettison d GIFT after getting married,but what is wrong is your wife using a commanding tone to ask for your favour in performing the chores or see it as your responsibility.
common sense which is not common dictates that the hubby should HELP when the chores are overwhelming to the wify and a good wife shud appreciate such gestures

12 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Ogojohn(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
IT IS A MAN'S WORLD.SO AS A MAN IS QUALIFIED TO MARRY MORE THAN ONE WIFE IN OUR CULTURE. SO WILL THE MAN CONTINUE TO SHARE CHORES WITH THE WIVES IF THEY ARE MORE THAN TWO. SHARING HOUSE CHORES IS A CHOICE FOR THE MAN AND OUT AN OBLIGATION.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by jhydebaba(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
... and this made FP after 4months cheesy

The gods are not to blame for the mods are sleeping.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by seedord247(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

don't get me wrong,presently i can do almost all household chores n i don't intend on jettison d GIFT after getting married,but what is wrong is your wife using a commanding tone to ask for your favour in performing the chores or see it as your responsibility.
common sense which is not common dictates that the hubby should HELP when the chores are overwhelming to the wify and a good wife shud appreciate such gestures

Ori e fokasibe cheesy
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
Considering the length of dis post, I only thank God dat I am a man and I don't need to read this.

Onto d next thread
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by anitank(f): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
I disgree with no.7 because as a matter of fact an average African man would want to marry a lady who can cook,clean and still give him good s-ex

Except the op is talking about doing it constantly
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
Na by force to marry

10 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

Ur post is evidence of d most appalling magnitude of ign.orance and buf.f.oo.nery, devoid of effluvium and miasma. This is reminiscent of d market bu.f.fo.on, his comic relief and eternal shame to relatives.

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by anitank(f): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
And for those talking about sharing chores....

A full blown African lady shld not expect her man to do chores with her, wether its his house or not. He can decide to help her (most reasonable ones definitely would), but its certainly not an obligation for them

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by mallorca(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
I agree with No.7 Gospel truth
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by anitank(f): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
utumunta:

Ur post is evidence of d most appalling magnitude of ign.orance and buf.f.oo.nery, devoid of effluvium and miasma. This is reminiscent of d market bu.f.fo.on, his comic relief and eternal shame to relatives.
Huh undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by druid06(m): 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
I think the topic hit a nerves to the ladies on nairaland as the comments I've been seeing from them are negative ones. The article is absolutely right and it's time we come back to reality. Africa in general is slowly loosing it's culture dignity and pride with everyone trying to copy what they see on T.V especially our ladies. I've always known I would never get married to a Nigerian lady or an african one for that. For me, it's an Asian woman all the way. They seem to have reserve their cultures and tradition. I've always listen to guys married to Asian ladies about how their wives are down to earth and does the right thing a woman is supposed to in a marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by ckkris: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Do they live in that house together? If they do why can't they share chores?
Thank God for original Nigerian women.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Evestar200(f): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
What happen to house help?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by ckkris: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
druid06: Africa in general is slowly loosing it's culture dignity
African women are still plenty, for men who're looking for wives, not troubles.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Bright4(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
hope they wil leastn...
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Akpan107(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
I did not even finish reading, i just rushed to press the ''like'' button. Dear Lord,
i pray for the spinters, may they stop comparing themselves with Jenifer Lopez, Ashanti, Omotola and the rest of cele... God, let no lady miss her own husband because of Facebook, pinging, 2go, wattsup, nairaland, twiter....etc In Jesus name. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by robinho4u007(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

I am sure u are a confirm Olosho. Let's sit back and see ur ending!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by evanify(f): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
malaria:
no mind them, so if woman share financial burden, man no go also help wit house works? African men just lik marriage of women slavery!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Evestar200(f): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Leave women nd their lives alone,,,men still marry them even though they r witch,, prostitutes nd theif,,
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by kekilika: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
all the ladies who replied in favour of sharin chores are just acting up. On nairaland, dis chicks act as tough beans. Go get a life. When age, no dey ur side, even half bake man u go accept.
Op, pls edit and add this as anoda reason they will remain single.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by vanstanzy(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
True!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
additionally,many ladies will remain single cos of
their unguarded utterances,commanding tones/
speech,shortsightedness,haughty
spirit,temper,marriage in/experience-
wich formal education may not give
but smtimes compound its woes due
to civilisation influence.
ofcourse,i will not fail to add generational or foundational or demonic causes.
there was this damsel,very pretty but unfortunately in her early 40s she has never bn asked out,no suitor ever looked at her twice. thru d help of a friend,she visited a man of God,who after the prayers told the lady visit her mother n ask about the circumstances surrounding her birth. after much pressures n threats,she told her daughter that because her in-laws wanted to send her away due to barreness,she had no other option than to visit an agent of d devil who gave her the lady but appointed/bethrothed her to a spiritual husband whi subsequently replaced the lady's head wt that of an old woman of abt 80yrs.
after deliverance,a man in the same church said "chu,u dey for dis church since....?"
they got married d next month.
there are reasons like this which are metaphysical, so some of our ladies need deliverance
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
No 1) Someone said this post was stolen, Poster please address that

No 2) Life don change, maybe it would have been better not to have had TV, MTV, LAPTOPS, INTERNET, CARS, EDUCATION, E.T.C we cannot borrow a little culture from the white, that's where change, development comes in, This is choice we are talking about here; You will still find Nigerian girls and women willing to bow at your feet but why not leave the ones who say they don't think it's right, who complain to you?

You are right from your view and maybe wrong from another persons view, there is no one exact answer to a solution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by code0: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
A favour that you help in the cleaning of your own house? Seriously? Guy are you kidding me or what?

You'll just end up being a woman wrapper. You better be careful. Imagine what you are vomiting as a man.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by AdeniyiA(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
Evestar200: Leave women nd their lives alone,,,men still marry them even though they r witch,, prostitutes nd theif,,
here they come oo,
abeg which one of the above listed characters you belong?
better confess

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Agbgift(f): 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
@op, God bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by bomly(f): 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
This is not only a problem in Nigeria, It is a problem everyone, At Individual level people have to understand that different people have different behavior to things, depending on what you accept and what you let go, they are successful men who participate in house chores and also those who don't and they are successful women who don't and who do. Understanding and commitment makes the difference. They are women who have all the right qualities and are still not married just as they are men. If you like cook all the best food in this world or wash all the clothes in the house, if you are not having someone that appreciate the little or much you can do it becomes a waste of time.

Just what I think though.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.