Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41581 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by badassnigga(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2013
man!!! I broke up with a chick because of that number 4th cheesy

u r on point @op
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 190: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2013
I can handle all other points from a woman but that point 5 is a MUST from the woman in my life
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by amanambuchinas: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2013
Good work keep it up,I think the number (5)has said it all.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by boarnerges: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2013
mondi_cheeks: like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household ( chores)
somethings are just too unnatural for men, likewise the women. Men will never bow to some things no matter what.its a natural instinct. Unfortunately, the sweet feminish character that decribes the aura of womanhood is fast disappearing. What we have today is like another evolution story of monkeys turning to humans;but this time women turning to men in the guise of some western dominated 'gender equity'. No wonder, our men have also evolved into some sort of wild animals excersicing the mike tyson prowess on our 'evolved modern men' at every slight provocation. There cant be two presidents in a country,There will be chaos. I think the whole world is now acting a drama, hence the chaos. Long live the modern old school life of our ancestors.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by adconline(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2013
mondi_cheeks: like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)
How many Naija ladies with their degrees want to split financial responsibilities 40/60 let alone 50/50? Most are still looking for men to pay the bill and take care of them.if a man is paying most if not all the bills, he can help with chores if he so pleases. We cannot have it both ways. Some Naija girls go to university in order to increase their marriage eligibility not to really get a job.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by boarnerges: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2013
yoged: Point 3 #Gbam#. They should just stop gang banging their face with crayon. Rubbish.
pls dont be annoyed sir, are you trying to coin the word 'peacock' that best suits them.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by mitchyy(f): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2013
Bright...:
hope they wil leastn...
Yes, we are 'leastning'
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by tiwasiaife(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Do they live in that house together? If they do why can't they share chores?
be prepared to share hwse rents,skul feez,car maintainance etc
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by boarnerges: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

kpele o (as the yoruba man will say) . I understand your plight. What a pity. They have trashed you with the truth. The truth is always a bitter pill
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by treach(m): 8:21am On Apr 22, 2013
The village girls of 2day are worse than this morden ladies u talk about. Forget all the
Formings, wen they get married, d woman in them will comeout.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by abdulmaliq(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

na wetin u tinnk abi!?... By d tym u enter voicemail ur eyes go open.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by boarnerges: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: That's NL for you gathering of dumb women who talk anything but sense...These bitter women replying here are from broken or abusive home....now they want to put their anger on innocent men, look at them screaming the man "must", we must share the house chores shocked, Tufiakwa...the day you pay our dowry is the day helping will b a must... Utter rubbish
Don't you have kids? Or househelp..

Do you think I did all that when I was single to do it again when Im married?

I will certainly help but It's not an obligation

Lol, @ people talking about 1950 and 2013 , talking about moving forward? Why don't you fight against dowry and bride prices which are money suckers
Why don't you battle to share the dowry with us?

Hypocrites.

That's Nl's women for u : dumb, bitter, angry ,frustrated.
no vex sir, e ma binu, ya isa danallah. Abeg make una no kill me, quite funny rearctions expecially from.................they know themselves. I hope one of them will not marry one hulk hogan and when he comes from work and his cloth are dirty and the wife says ' na you dirty your cloth, go wash am by yourself'...... RIP.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Audinowing(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2013
sista-jay:

una no go hear now abi?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Abanicwise(m): 8:47am On Apr 22, 2013
@ Op............U c what u av caused here, u think u r dishing out a favour and advice, but Alas! U av shot urself so badly in d leg, cos after giving them d clue(the orijo), they still end up abusing u........Now u can c dat not even u can prevent some of them from remaining single for d rest of their life..........leave them for guys to deal wt abeg......not even u can take most of them out of their misconception like" it is woman's world".....like "what a man can do ,a woman can do better", when they can only worsen it .........abeg, I won lem.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2013
Na wa o. Constant advice for women
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by mrdino(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2013
Julieccentric: Na by force to marry
if u ar married i congratulate u. bt if u ar single, den shall fnd answr 2 ur questn we u clock 39 & u ar stil searchin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by olenyi: 8:57am On Apr 22, 2013
No. 7 is so so on point.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by obi123: 8:58am On Apr 22, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Yeah, I know what you're saying. But what is up with Nigerian women ?? No smoke without fire..
and what is wrong with Nigerian men, in fact what is wrong with humans
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by OkparaIgbo: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2013
[b]Fantastic thread by the OP (Except the issue of refrencing which should be addressed) Otherwise what a fantabulous thread for any serious minded woman who is looking to experience a life of bliss when the corporate world finally tells on your body that you can no longer attain the independent, feminist and financial position you used to. God knows that when I finally decide to marry, I will be looking for a woman with all these traits and more except of cause the NO. 7 point (Because of its vitality in todays world were free punny is around every corner). And if it means going back to the village to find myself a loving, caring and respectable wife that will not give me bullshit after a day at work then so be it afterall it even seems those are the sort of women who bring out the best in a man (President GEJ) is an example that springs to mind and not all these "oyibo women wannabe" girls of today that believe the atrocious lies of "Feminism". All in all I believe the author of the post I quoted below to be 100% right and it is a shame that we have women (African women being my focus because I definitely think most make better wifey's and I am a very strong Pan African) in this generation who have lost all their appeal as a woman and are now rather clamouring to become a man. God forbid that I reduce to a level where my wife will tell me to go and perform house chores as an obligation and I do it (Although from time to time I will out of love and romance help out). We both can never and will NEVER put legs in the same "trouser" of our marriage because that will be the beginning of a fall waiting to happen. God bless all the men and women who understand these facts of different roles in a household(To the men, I hope you have not forgotten the obligation to love, provide, care and protect your wife and family irrespective of your wife contributing financially) and to the sisters who are still choosing to believe the deceit of "feminism" or 21st century bullshit, you better listen and learn. Nothing worse than getting to a stage in life when you are full of regret and saddness all because you refused to listen. I have seen very sad, lonely (unmarried)old women who toed that line and trust when I say it is a pitiable sight. A word is enough for the smart/wise/understanding. God bless [/b]

boarnerges: somethings are just too unnatural for men, likewise the women. Men will never bow to some things no matter what.its a natural instinct. Unfortunately, the sweet feminish character that decribes the aura of womanhood is fast disappearing. What we have today is like another evolution story of monkeys turning to humans;but this time women turning to men in the guise of some western dominated 'gender equity'. No wonder, our men have also evolved into some sort of wild animals excersicing the mike tyson prowess on our 'evolved modern men' at every slight provocation. There cant be two presidents in a country,There will be chaos. I think the whole world is now acting a drama, hence the chaos. Long live the modern old school life of our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 2tek: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2013
A lady dat is not a virgin will find it extremely difficult denying her would-be husband s.ex for too long a period as deemed appropriate by d guy. If u'r a virgin, try nd preserve it- Its worth d wait. Non-virgins should forget it as HARDLY will any fiance wait for too long. He knows d lady could b phucking her uncle,boss,neighbour,ex who has money or assisted her while claiming no-sex b4 marriage.most guys have witnessed such situation first hand where a lady claiming she doesn't want sex with her fiance is SERIOUSLY being screwed by another man,especially a guy who has been there b4 d guy surfaced.NO MAN wants to b a body guard only,hence d fiance wl dump her for a more willing lady nd d search wl continue for d lady.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by solidman59(m): 9:06am On Apr 22, 2013
Good riddance. Ladies need tutoring.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Kulyie the feminist are u seeing this!!!!:p
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by UssyFreeesh(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2013
some guyz here might also end up single grin
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by smiliz(f): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2013
But we still take some financial burdens off the man.I think wen there is luv the question of who does what won't arise. So far no party is taken for granted.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Ololade12(f): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^ the Op will marry an American grin
wao i realy love the message u tried to pass tru and this is indeed the reason why some ladies remain single for life and i am sure that this message will change lifes of some ladies
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by confusion247(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2013
sista-jay:

By their fruits post you shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Evestar200(f): 9:52am On Apr 22, 2013
Mintayo:

what happens if the househelp snatches ur husband?
i wont even employ househelp cuz i aint dat lazy type

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by tintingz(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2013
adconline:
How many Naija ladies with their degrees want to split financial responsibilities 40/60 let alone 50/50? Most are still looking for men to pay the bill and take care of them. if a man is paying most if not all the bills, he can help with chores if he so pleases. We cannot have it both ways. Some Naija girls go to university in order to increase their marriage eligibility not to really get a job.
This is exactly what my aunt told me... Naija ladies depends on their hubby financialy even if they earn more than their husband ...and they will want the man to start washing plates, cooking etc as if it is the man duty angry
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Blazinraj01(f): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2013
And seeing that the OP is attacking every comment made me realise He doesn't have the I.Q to write this nice and interesting write-up.

What you don't know is you are telling most of the ladies here what they already know but you couldn't read between the lines.

Kudos to the Writer.
Simple advice: next time, try to acknowledge the owner of any article.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by empexy(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2013
@OP well done.
Western culture has destroyed our ladies. Everyone wants to be Nicki, Beyonce; in summary sex icons. No one cares about good morals anymore. Being a virgin has become a thing of shame (what should be a thing of pride).

Sometimes, I feel like weeping when a see some teenage girls of this generation and their IDGAF attitude; But i wouldn't blame them, the elder ones are not good examples. And men are not helping as well. We even help them become worse.

I won't point accusing finger on any gender, the truth is most of us are contributing factors.

I've met a few girls who started up with credible morals but then again end of like the majority.

In short, we all need Jesus and nothing else. He'll guide our discretion.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2013
mondi_cheeks: like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)

You will surely End up as a single mum .... caring for kids from 10 different men..

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Dreal1247: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2013
No matter ur academic degree, when you cannot cook for your husband, be ready to loose him. He that books for a man has direct access to his heart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… / Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.