Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life (41579 Views)

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Any lady that says YES to these questions can't remain single for long. / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by kekilika: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2013
this is better than most prose or movies. Wow, the suspense, bashing, tirades, etc what a thread? ''men are still in stoneage, women have gone to mars'' that is the bottom line of this thread by our numerous feminist. Daalu o, abeg when una come back from una mars make una let us know. Hope say e no go dey too late.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by 2jideofor(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Too bad I came to the party late. But seriously, no wife can make 'yanga' for me o.

If she thinks I cant cook my meals and wash my clothes myself, she is dreaming!

Mondi cheeks, stop deceiving single ladies or are you being wicked?

You are married and with a daughter. Call a spade a spade. When last I saw your pic, you didnt have most of the items on as descriped by the OP e.g heavy make up.

You also said at one point that your husband married you as virgin.

Stop decieving the single ladies. Advice them.

2sexy.
mondi_cheeks: if he gets his own clothes dirty, when he gets hungry its shoudnt be seen as an OBLIGATION on her to cook or do his laundry, after all its his tummy and his clothes

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
2jideofor: Too bad I came to the party late. But seriously, no wife can make 'yanga' for me o.

If she thinks I cant cook my meals and wash my clothes myself, she is dreaming!

Mondi cheeks, stop deceiving single ladies or are you being wicked?

You are married and with a daughter. Call a spade a spade. When last I saw your pic, you didnt have most of the items on as descriped by the OP e.g heavy make up.

You also said at one point that your husband married you as virgin.

Stop decieving the single ladies. Advice them.

2sexy.
undecided undecided undecided where is this coming from? I have never posted a pic of me wit make up at all tongue
How am I bring weird? Men want women to adapt to having a career and splitting the bills but they don't want to adapt to helping in the house as well Gender equality doesn't only mean women doing wat men do but men also adapting to wat was previously known as the woman's job too... Gender a quality goes both ways not wen it only best suits men angry

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by eherbal(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
The Writer:
The way your brain works just astounds me! I wonder how you inferred in-breeding from that.
but you said your daddy taught you sex.how? MouthAction or annal ?
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by seunpas: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
sista-jay:
Blah. . . . blah . . . . blah and blah love em or hate them, you'll still end up with one.

The thread is not for all as marriage is not for all. who will perish will definitely perished.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by simplygreat(m): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
correct
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by seunpas: 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Waooooooooo, if I'm to do house chores and she didn't see it as a privilege why am i called a man?
in short wats the point of paying her dowries?
If ladies clamoring on equality or leaving like the man, then they will be paying dowries too and responsibilities will be taking equally.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by akwete(m): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dude, u're surely on point
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Orikinla(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
We have heard and read all it before.
For every woman there is a man.
And for every man there is a woman.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by emiye(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Chomzy19: yes I agree the man's contribution as regard chores is secondary but the POINT is that there must be CONTRIBUTION not discretionary help

Yes, discretionary help is a CONTRIBUTION.

Even in a team work of football, we have the strikers, midfielders and defenders (different roles). The striker can on his own discretion fall back to defend, not compulsory he does that.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by IOMN(f): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
These "9 Reasons Why Some Nigerian Ladies End Up Single For Life" was extraordinarily nonsensical.
As a single lady, I [b]personally [/b]found the 9 points understandable; however, no mention of the man's role was made!
Just as women have things confused, there are many men who have things confused as well. If you are not willing to do what you are supposed to do as a man, you cannot expect a woman to address those nine considerations. If I am supposed to hold myself to this "higher" standard, then men get your shit together too.

Just because you have a penis, does not make you a man.
If you are a "man" with no self respect, no self discipline, self centered and does not consider other human beings, loose and obsessed with "conquering" women, and expects a women to do all the work and make up for your ridiculous shortcomings, then you will be a single "boy" for the rest of your life.

Men should be able to do the following upon marriage...
-Provide for yourself AND your family-- Take care of those bills!!
-Be able to be the head of the household--Aspire to lead your future family as a Christian man with love, compassion and understanding. If you are not a loving man, then do not expect love and respect in return.
-A man is supposed to lead the teaching and disciplining of the children and be strong in spirit.- The man sets the tone for disciplining. If you are undisciplined, expect your children to be the same way.

Or if you are lucky some desperate women will marry you and you will be the terrible husband that blames a woman for all your household's problems. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by boban007: 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
absolute truth.about the best and most inspiring and sincere topic ve ever read.a word is enough for the wise.keep it up.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by foleyx: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
what has this so called mordenization turned nigerian females into. I pray for all you girls who want men to cook ,wash ,and even brest feed . may it be so for your brothers uncles and father.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
druid06: I think the topic hit a nerves to the ladies on nairaland as the comments I've been seeing from them are negative ones. The article is absolutely right and it's time we come back to reality. Africa in general is slowly loosing it's culture dignity and pride with everyone trying to copy what they see on T.V especially our ladies. I've always known I would never get married to a Nigerian lady or an african one for that. For me, it's an Asian woman all the way. They seem to have reserve their cultures and tradition. I've always listen to guys married to Asian ladies about how their wives are down to earth and does the right thing a woman is supposed to in a marriage.

Guy u won marry CHINCO??#laughing in Chinese#
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by n0m0705(m): 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ OP, next time try and reference the owner of the article, especially when he personally called your attention to it.
As for sharing of house chore, in as much as I agreed that the kitchen chore should be handled by the wife, but kitchen chore is not the only chore in the house, what about all the chores that involve heavy lifting or cleaning of the house and its surroundings by weekend . I am of the opinion that a man should be able to help out with such while the wife is taking care of the kitchen and children.
I wouldn't , as far as am healthy, expect my wife to wash my cloth for me. If she does, fine but I wouldn't expect it.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by coolcare(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2013
mondi_cheeks: like turning into a zombie jus to have someone else's surname as my own? There is a reason why its 2013 not the 1950s anymore u adapt to it. Women had to adapt to going to receiving degrees and getting jobs jus like men,what makes a man too special to help wit taking care of his household (chores)

Then remin single becaue u have get a degree and get job.
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by coolcare(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2013
seunpas: Waooooooooo, if I'm to do house chores and she didn't see it as a privilege why am i called a man?
in short wats the point of paying her dowries?
If ladies clamoring on equality or leaving like the man, then they will be paying dowries too and responsibilities will be taking equally.

Make sense they should start to ask men out
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
coolcare:

Then remin single becaue u have get a degree and get job.
u too shud remain single becos u think u are too special to do house chores...as if u carried a maid to university angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Hecuine(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2013
Uhm!!!!! Ɣōϋ are so right! I wish many girls, would read this! Cause I feel the same!!! Many would regret their attitude, when it comes to having a decent man! They think praying to GOD, would give them a decent man! Attitude aπϑ prayer brings a decent man! Not prayers aπϑ supplication! When Ɣōϋr attiude is wrong! How do Ɣōϋ expect to have a GOD fearing aπϑ decent man! When Ɣōϋr attiude is ugly! Ɣōϋ only attract what Ɣōϋ are!
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by highlandre(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
9 Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

[b]
1. Many African ladies will end up singles for life because of media exposure- it is so disheartening how a lady will glue her eyes on a mobile phone from morning to night, only to raise it up to focus on television to watch another celebrity entertainment channel. Tell me, what else will dominate this lady’s mindset aside how to live a fake celebrity life being promoted on television channels?

2. Many African ladies now dislike cooking and home chores just because they had been totally brainwashed by movies showcasing men playing the role of women in a family, and due to excessive exposure to modern media that promotes gender-equality in a destructive way that’s aimed at destroying the unique African family setting that made our previous African marriages everlasting and envious to the westerns. Now, with this attitude, how do you expect a African man to desire to marry when he knows he is only buying more headache and trouble than helper for himself?

3. Excessive makeup turns most decent and serious-minded men off- if you have observed, you will discover that most men dislike excessive makeup, and more don’t even like it at all; reason they often times discourage their true loved ones to do away with it cos it speaks ill of a lady even though so many men will applaud and complement you for looking like an Egyptian mummy. A slight makeup is okay; but if you are out for marriage, try always to look simple and natural, it will attract better men, decent and serious-minded, except you are still living in your high school life and not thinking towards marriage.

4. Stop Giving Your Number Out To Every Dick & Harry! No man would want to propose marriage to a lady whose phone is always talking and laughing with unserious calls. You may not be a playgirl, but he would judge you as one, and will likely flee at the slightest chance or disagreement.

5. You Don’t Bring Any Value Into The Life Of Men You Date or Are Dating- because your best friend married without contributing anything to the man that finally married her, doesn’t mean it will work for you that way. Think, work towards equipping yourself so that you can be a value and also add value to his life to convince him that you are worth committing to. Adding value to his life isn’t by giving him money, or material gifts, nope….good counsels, being his best friend, helping him attain his goals in life, lending him moral, mental and spiritual support, and by not just being a liability that only bring requests and problems to be solved.

6. Your Friends Run Your Life- how do you expect to find a husband when you still allow your clique of friends to be dictating which man you meet is worthy of your love and which is not? When will you wake up and face the fact that those your best friends even though they cherish you, wouldn’t want you to marry before them or to marry the best man?

7. You Give Everything Out During Dating- As a single lady who has not been taken to the altar, you need to reserve some things for your husband to be, especially your body, respect it and preserve it at all cost. In the past, men rushed to marry to get certain things or privileges they had been constantly denied while being single. Such privileges include and not limited to: constant sex and companionship, good food and tidied home, etc. But today, a single man gets even the best and of course more of constant sex, good food and excellent home-keeping more than his married counterparts, so tell me how the hell you want him to desire to marry you when you have given him virtually everything he desires from a wife while being his girlfriend? And the most painful part of it all is that he knows that you are prepared to cut down on sex supply, cooking, home-keeping, etc once he marries you, so why would he not want you to remain his girlfriend for life?

8. You Package Yourself Wrongly- in your attempt to look sexy, adorable and maybe appealing to guys, you have derailed from appealing to appalling. In fact you look more whorish than modest; more distractive than attractive, and more disgusting than adorable. Your dressing style determines who gets attracted to you most times. If you dress high school, only high school-thinking guys will be attracted to you, and if you dress excessively sexy and provocative, only randy men will come to you for urgent satisfaction of their immediate sex urge, so don’t be fooled by media hyping of certain kinds of dressing, they are meant for certain set of ladies you wouldn't like to be associated with, be careful. Remember, not all clothes that look sexy are good for a seriously searching for a soul mate single lady.

9. You Lack Manner, Character, Wisdom and Good Home Upbringing- definitely, your ‘hot girl’, ‘pretty girl’, ‘sexy girl’ looks will win you so many men; both the good, and the bad, but your inner beauty, your character and manner are the things that will determine whether any of those men would stay or run after accomplishing their evil missions. In order words, do away with nagging, being possessive, challenging with men in negative ways, the mentality of ‘what a man can do a woman can do better’, a lie devil has used to deceive and destroy so many ladies today, please do away with it.[/b]

www.facebook.com/relationships
Re: Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life by Btruth: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2013
I honestly hope they will learn their lesson this time wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.