Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? (23263 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Pls advice, should he fight back? How? / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by armyofone(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
This is quite serious undecided
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Put him in Jail with no proof but the word of a child. ....who is living with the woman who clearly hates him?!!!

In which country?!!

Here in the great US of A. Happens all the time babe. grin
Oh and just to help you out, its called the "nuclear option" in divorce situations.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Abrantie: 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Some of you women forget that, it takes a lot of energy, time and money to play the game of "courts & lawyers". Most times, it's easier for a guy to just say "fvck it!"

The best strategy is not to play the game at all, and that's what some guys have chosen.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Ilekokonit: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
When Fela sang "Animal in Human Skin", I am sure he was unknowingly referring to Westernized Naija Women (maybe not all of them but a sizable proportion). Who the cap fits let them wear it.

Any woman that uses her kids as a bargaining chip or weapon against their Dad is an "Animal in Human Skin"

Any woman who cusses and abuses a man in front of his kids just because permissive Western laws allow it is an "Animal in Human Skin"

Any woman that poisons her kids minds against their Dad is an "Animal in Human Skin"

Any woman that coaches her kids to lie about their Dad in court so that she can get custody rights is an "Animal in Human Skin"

Any woman that greedily chooses to damage her kids relationship with their Dad because she wants to gain a pecuniary advantage by way of child support payments (USA) or Single Parent Benefit(UK) is an "Animal in Human Skin"

Cantankerous Westernised Naija women with kids should learn that their belligerent attitude to a man in front of his kids is a pandoras box and that erstwhile doting father of your kids when pushed to choose between his peace of mind on the one hand and staying with his kids in the same house with a woman who has turned to a viper will always choose his sanity and the chance for the kids to grow up in a single parent home instead of a home where Mum hates Dad and is intent on bringing him down at all costs.

If the guy stayed in the house or visited too often the venomous serpent in his wife will keep rearing her ugly head each time in a bid to push him to the wall and get him to lash out in front of his kids in a ploy to send him to prison. So the guy valuing his sanity and freedom chooses the lesser of 2 evils.

Of what use to the mans psyche is regular visits to kids who can't go home with him and who will be constantly brainwashed by their venomous mother prior to each court supervised visit

The best thing the man can pray for at the moment is that his daughters do not turn out to be as evil minded as their cold, calculating mother

2 Likes

Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

Here in the great US of A. Happens all the time babe. grin
Lol....They can have the allegations dismissed before the ink is even dry with a simple lie detector test and that's just for starters.

Haba Naa!!!!
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Lol....They can have the allegations dismissed before the ink is even dry with a simple lie detector test and that's just for starters.

Haba Naa!!!!

If only wishes were horses.

child molestation charges are taken extremely seriously here... if in doubt just go on google and check for yourself.
The child doesnt need to say it, all CPS needs is to testify that the child is not old enough or is too traumatized to articulate what happened in her own words...
Lie detector tests are not 100% foolproof so throw that out of the window...
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abrantie: Some of you women forget that, it takes a lot of energy and time to play the game of "court & lawyers". Most times, it's easier for a guy to just say "fvck it!"

The best strategy is not to play the game at all, and that's what some guys have chosen.

No one is denying that. ...we are just saying he should stop acting like it is the woman who won't allow him see his children when it's him who couldn't be bothered when it is easier to discard his kids.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Losing his job? I thot it's employers discretion whether to or not hirer a previously investigated person or convict ?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
jidegirl12: Losing his job? I thot it's employers discretion whether to or not hirer a previously investigated person or convict ?

Most companies (except the small family ones who know you personally) will cut you lose should they find out about charges as small as a DUI. A child molestation charge? You wont even make it to the next day before your termination letter hits the post.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

No one is denying that. ...we are just saying he should stop acting like it is the woman who won't allow him see his children when it's him who couldn't be bothered when it is easier to discard his kids.

so madam, please tell us how he shld go about it.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by bjcole(m): 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
D guy shoud do more 4 the sake of the kids, this woman is witch, she is wicked but the man should go extra mile for his children, i think thats d arguments of d women even though they failed to admit one of their own is a devil.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Abrantie: 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Don't you think if the woman really wanted him to see his kids, she would have made the situation easier?

The guy is playing the game based on which pieces are on the board. You expect him to play by sentiments? If he does that, he loses.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
A child molestation charge, rapppe charge or wife battery charge first thing police do is to take the man away simple pending investigation. No argument

Then if the claims are impossible to throw away at first hearing he hires a lawyer, goes before a judge, tagged a flight risk(cos they believe he might run away), added to the mans reputation in the society. By the time the hearing is due, the woman can claim she is still traumatized and cant speak yet. After several months when she is ready to speak

He is now found innocent and the wife a liar but he has lost his job, been labelled a child molester, wife beater, rappisst etc just to be there for his kids
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
jidegirl12: Losing his job? I thot it's employers discretion whether to or not hirer a previously investigated person or convict ?

Any little charge that might lead to a felony or misdemeanor first thing is a call from HR and a very sympathetic white lady telling you "we are sorry we know you are a good man and couldn't have done that but the company policy states blah bah blah.." PINK SHEET
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
bjcole: D guy shoud do more 4 the sake of the kids, this woman is witch, she is wicked but the man should go extra mile for his children, i think thats d arguments of d women even though they failed to admit one of their own is a devil.

Enlighten us how he can do more for the kids other than paying his child support promptly without going to JAIL

Or do you think a woman who reports that her ex husband has beer in his fridge would hesitate to throw him in jail?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

If only wishes were horses.

child molestation charges are taken extremely seriously here... if in doubt just go on google and check for yourself.
The child doesnt need to say it, all CPS needs is to testify that the child is not old enough or is too traumatized to articulate what happened in her own words...
Lie detector tests are not 100% foolproof so throw that out of the window...

David the courts. ..the social workers, Child Protection Services are all aware that these kinda accusations can crop up during a custody battle....They know what to look for. They won't just jump the gun based on the child's word alone. Some of the pamphlets they have in CPS deal with this issue. ...

WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ACCUSED OF CHILD ABUSE DURING A CUSTODY CASE.

HOW TO PROETECT YOURSELF FROM FALSE ACCUSATION OF CHILD ABUSE DURING A CUSTODY CASE.

Copy one of those and you will be surprised what comes up. They know!! And they know how to handle it and handling it does not involve a knee jerk reaction. They might be cautious and suspend or introduce supervised visits but they won't automatically condemn the accused.

I mean the man who didn't molest the kids when they were with him will suddenly start when they aren't. ...it is sooooo suspect only an idiot will wanna go that route if it isn't true.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

David the courts. ..the social workers, Child Protection Services are all aware that these kinda accusations can crop up during a custody battle....They know what to look for. They won't just jump the gun based on the child's word alone. Some of the pamphlets they have in CPS deal with this issue. ...

HOW TO PROETECT YOURSELF FROM FALSE ACCUSATION OF CHILD ABUSE DURING A CUSTODY CASE.

Copy one of those and you will be surprised what comes up. They know!! And they know how to handle it and handling it does not involve a knee jerk reaction. They might be cautious and suspend or introduce supervised visits but they won't automatically condemn the accused.

I mean the man who didn't molest the kids when they were with him will suddenly start when they aren't. ...it is sooooo suspect only an idiot will wanna go that route if it isn't true.

Wake up, this is the real world not cuu co land. grin

In the USA, there are a few things for which the police will arrest you now and ask you questions later. Wife and child molestation are top of the list. By the time you get to reading the CPS pamphlet, you are already behind bars, lost your job and speaking to a lawyer.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

I did exactly what you suggested and the below was what I found

I googled "WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ACCUSED OF CHILD ABUSE DURING A CUSTODY CASE" and found the below

CHILD CUSTODY – WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE?

[size=18pt]An allegation of child sexual abuse, even a false one, will change your life[/size]. This
is particularly true in a child custody case. [size=14pt]Your character will be called
into question and you will sense tension between you and your friends, family
and co-workers[/size]. Your child will also be negatively impacted. Your child may
have to undergo physical and psychological examinations, which can be traumatic
for a child. Unfortunately, false allegations of sexual abuse are raised in
some child custody cases in an effort to gain an advantage. This creates a
terrible situation for the child, particularly where children are coached to
make false allegations against their parents, which can result in parent
alienation.

When allegations of sexual abuse are made in a child custody case, the court may
appoint a mental health professional to help decide how to handle the case.
Also, grandparents, other family members, neighbors, caregivers, teachers, and
others who have a relationship with the child may be interviewed. A multitude
of information must be gathered and evaluated to determine whether allegations
of sexual abuse are meritorious.

http://hynumlaw.com/uncategorized/child-custody-what-to-do-when-you-have-been-accused-of-child-sexual-abuse/

So assume the man works in the school as a teacher, school bus driver principal etc do you think he would hold on the job for even 5mins even if its a mad woman who accused him
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Any little charge that might lead to a felony or misdemeanor first thing is a call from HR and a very sympathetic white lady telling you "we are sorry we know you are a good man and couldn't have done that but the company policy states blah bah blah.." PINK SHEET

cheesy cheesy cheesy..... Pink sheet! Dayo you no go kill me with laugh.

But you actually know that the criminal record check sheet is not just black and white... It's either it checks No or Yes with please call blah blah for details..... I've hired ex-convicts ( HR only will hire with my final say) when I called the RCMP it was just a [b]minor offenc[/b]e.... I've hired a ex- drug addict and so on ,

speaking for myself if I call for this guy, the RCMP will definitely say he's just been investigated for child molestation accused by his wife....

they go in details about any offence.... I usually ask the officer his opinion, puts me on hold ( look in his files)and advice me ... they're not daft too you know? Sh it happens , especially when it's Domestic.

In conclusion it's obvious most men will rather avoid all these problem..... Man go do fine boy na grin
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abrantie:

Don't you think if the woman really wanted him to see his kids, she would have made the situation easier?

The guy is playing the game based on which pieces are on the board. You expect him to play by sentiments? If he does that, he loses.

Okay so you are going to battle ko and you find out your opponent is using every available weapon. . .Good weapons too, in their arsenal. Sure the weapons are hi-tech and all but you also have good hi-tech weapons in yours, the problem is yours is not as close to you as your opponents and when you get them there is a high chance you will win...do you just give up because your defense is harder to get?!!

The guy is NOT playing the game on which pieces on the board because some pieces have not being unpacked!!
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
jidegirl12:

But you actually know that the criminal record check sheet is not just black and white... It's either it checks No or Yes with please call blah blah for details..... I've hired ex-convicts ( HR only will hire with my final say) when I called the RCMP it was just a [b]minor offenc[/b]e.... I've hired a ex- drug addict and so on ,

speaking for myself if I call for this guy, the RCMP will definitely say he's just been investigated for child molestation accused by his wife....

they go in details about any offence.... I usually ask the officer his opinion, puts me on hold ( look in his files)and advice me ... they're not daft too you know? Sh it happens , especially when it's Domestic.

In conclusion it's obvious most men will rather avoid all these problem..... Man go do fine boy na grin

How many employers do you think would want to go through the investgation to determine who was right and who was wrong and the circumstance .

The law says you should hire felons but in reality how many felons get jobs after serving time?

We know its not black and white but how many employers, general public would want to hear the grey area before passing judgment?

If a man was WRONGLY accused of child rape, and he drives a school bus how many people here would want to put their daughters on such bus. Wrong or right no be my pikin head we go test

The job he applied for there are many similarly qualified people who can do it so why with a person with a 20% chance of being a child rapist

Go try boarding a flight and say your name is Jide Bin Lade. Explain perfectly that you are from Iperu Remo and not Afghanistan and see how many people would understand cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
jidegirl12:

1. Canadian law and US law are not the same.

2. You run a small private business; i'm assuming the man in case here is working for a bigger company here in the US. Such allegations are not something HR is willing to banter with the police over when they can easily find someone else to replace him and avoid a potential lawsuit. Like is said... Canadian experience is not applicable here.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Boss13: 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
bjcole: D guy shoud do more 4 the sake of the kids, this woman is witch, she is wicked but the man should go extra mile for his children, i think thats d arguments of d women even though they failed to admit one of their own is a devil.

Exactly my point. See how fast they switch the case on the poor man and refused to talk about the wickedness displayed by their sister.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
davidylan:

Wake up, this is the real world not cuu co land. grin

In the USA, there are a few things for which the police will arrest you now and ask you questions later. Wife and child molestation are top of the list. By the time you get to reading the CPS pamphlet, you are already behind bars, lost your job and speaking to a lawyer.

Lmao!!!! Why do people think I am living in la la land. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay back to the matter at hand. . .where false accusation have not been made.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Okay back to the matter at hand. . .where false accusation have not been made.

err beer is his fridge being made available to minors?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Okay back to the matter at hand. . .[size=14pt]where false accusation have not been made[/size].

Woged2005:
There was also a visitation order in place with drop off and pick up location. But the wife formed the habit of rushing to her lawyer to file allegations of abuse/ neglect each time the kids came back from their dad's house. One was an allegation by the wife that the dad kept alcoholic wine in his refrigerator at the reach of the kids during visitation. though that was not investigated. The mediator said these types of allegations made the man to restrain himself.
What I don't understand is why her husband doesn't have his own lawyer to take on the other lawyer heads on? He's very educated and has a stable job. I may have to hands off from this case.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Abrantie: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Okay so you are going to battle ko and you find out your opponent is using every available weapon. . .Good weapons too, in their arsenal. Sure the weapons are hi-tech and all but you also have good hi-tech weapons in yours, the problem is yours is not as close to you as your opponents and when you get them there is a high chance you will win...do you just give up because your defense is harder to get?!!

The guy is NOT playing the game on which pieces on the board because some pieces have not being unpacked!!

I didn't get all what you wrote, but put simply: The odds are stacked AGAINST him in the US divorce court system. There's a concept known as "cut your loses", and I believe it's his guiding principle. Whether that's morally right or wrong is irrelevant (morality be damned). He's playing to survive.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
Let any married woman in the house tell us they dont have wine, beer, Baileys Irish cream etc in their fridge, So why havent they gotten rid of it or called cops on their husband
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 11:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
I wouldn't advise him to violate the restraining order. But for future purposes he should fight the charges against him. And how she has spoiled his name in public. He probably doesn't want them to lose their mum for a few years if they find out she committed perjury. Eyah. Its a tough situation. He cannot just fold his arms, he needs to lawyer up and fight all these accusations in court. If she loses and goes to jail, oh well. She is an adult. An adult whoever it is must live with the consequences of their actions.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
baby_123: I wouldn't advise him to violate the restraining order. But for future purposes he should fight the charges against him. And how she has spoiled his name in public. He probably doesn't want them to lose their mum for a few years if they find out she committed perjury. Eyah. Its a tough situation. He cannot just fold his arms, he needs to lawyer up and fight all these accusations in court. If she loses and goes to jail, oh well. She is an adult. An adult whoever it is must live with the consequences of their actions.

And you will pony up the money for frivolous court cases? I would rather pay child support in silence than go bankrupt fighting charges in a court of law.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by SisiKill1: 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2013
dayokanu:

I did exactly what you suggested and the below was what I found

I googled "WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ACCUSED OF CHILD ABUSE DURING A CUSTODY CASE" and found the below

http://hynumlaw.com/uncategorized/child-custody-what-to-do-when-you-have-been-accused-of-child-sexual-abuse/

So assume the man works in the school as a teacher, school bus driver principal etc do you think he would hold on the job for even 5mins even if its a mad woman who accused him

Dayo nowhere does it say the guy will be instantly jailed, automatically loses his job and all the other bad things envisioned. . .which are the point being argued.

Anything we do, especially when it isn't planned will change our lives! The divorce itself is already affecting lives, it is already causing tension! The wife has already filed a RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM! Ins't that already calling his character into question?! So the false Allegations aren't bringing anything new to the table.

This is the part where we should be focused on.

Your child will also be negatively impacted. Your child may
have to undergo physical and psychological examinations, which can be traumatic
for a child. Unfortunately, false allegations of intimate abuse are raised in
some child custody cases in an effort to gain an advantage. This creates a
terrible situation for the child, particularly where children are coached to
make false allegations against their parents, which can result in parent
alienation.

[size=18pt]When allegations of intimate abuse are made in a child custody case, the court may
appoint a mental health professional to help decide how to handle the case.
Also, grandparents, other family members, neighbors, caregivers, teachers, and
others who have a relationship with the child may be interviewed. A multitude
of information must be gathered and evaluated to determine whether allegations
of intimate abuse are meritorious.[/size]

Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Abrantie: 11:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
baby_123: I wouldn't advise him to violate the restraining order. But for future purposes he should fight the charges against him. And how she has spoiled his name in public. He probably doesn't want them to lose their mum for a few years if they find out she committed perjury. Eyah. Its a tough situation. He cannot just fold his arms, he needs to lawyer up and fight all these accusations in court. If she loses and goes to jail, oh well. She is an adult. An adult whoever it is must live with the consequences of their actions.

Hello!?? It costs money to go to Court!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.