Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26045 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by tomakint: 1:53am On Mar 11, 2013
Gluckdude: As for me and my household, we will vote anything human/animal aside the phucking useless,visionless,clueless,myopic, goatluck Jonathan.

Point of correction, Jonathan doesn't need you and your household's VOTES cool
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mrofficial2(m): 2:13am On Mar 11, 2013
tomakint: It is very certain that APC will be fielding a northern candidate as their Presidential flagbearer and this automatically will place the 2015 election in Jonathan's hand and after his glorious exit in 2019 an Igbo President is emerging provided Nigeria will still be - you can quote me cool

Just another drunken fisherman who sees through his anus.

tomakint:
Point of correction, Jonathan doesn't need you and your household's VOTES cool

What's the correction in that? SMH.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Blueboy0402: 2:29am On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

If Buhari-Fashola win outright 19 states

he would get 25% in almost all North Central states
I've read all your comments and I'm amazed at the way you reason. If truly you understand the realities/complexities of modern day Nigeria then you would be cautious in your political permutation/calculation.

The following factors would determine the pattern Nigerians will vote in 2015;
1. Religious line: the north is already divided along religious line much thanks to boko haram. Who is deceiving you that the christian north will vote for Buhari? Your Buhari/Fashola ticket is an indication that you are 20 years backward (Abiola/Tofa) era. Wake up from your slumber and let no one deceive you; a muslim/muslim ticket will not sell in modern day Nigeria. Even Buhari knows this.
2. Ethnic Divide: What makes you think Igbo/Ijaw/Birom/Tiv/Idoma/Igala/southern kaduna etc will vote an Hausa/Fulani? Are you a baby? Can't you read the writing on the wall?
Don't be deceived by those population figures you are parading. Lagos with a population of 18 million is too sophisticated and will not vote any alleged/perceived boko haram supporter. Next time put on your thinking cap before commenting.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by emiye(m): 2:32am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I am highly disturbed by this "born to rule" mentality that seems to be prevalent in the North.

No one has yet to articulate a reason why a Northern politician should be a presidential nominee for any party. They have not earned that right.

APC should not be taken serious if they do not have Governor Fashola as the flag bearer. It is simply an insult to Governor Fashola, Oshiomhole and Okorocha to be "tipped" as VP nominees.

It is either Governor Fashola aka "Eko oni baje o!" or President Jonathan.

In 1998, concession was made by the political juggernauts to allow power go to the south west, . In the light of that, it meant power was to rotate from South to the North, after 8years, it followed that trend, when a northerner in the person of late yaradua came on board as president in 2007, fate had a different plan, with less than 3 years in to his tenure, he died, Goodluck was to serve out his boss tenure, and hand over in 2011 to a northern man ideally, this did not happen, he decided to contest in 2011, he won. By the time he serves out his mandate in 2015, Nigeria would have had uninterrupted 16years of new democracy,

(1) the south would have being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years.

(2) The gentle man agreement of power rotation between the North and south seriously breached.(at least by the ruling party)

I am a southerner and i for one is less concerned about which region or religion, a president will emerge from
, but let's imagine, if the tide had turned and the situation was like the north had being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years. and the incumbent Northern president is still gearing to seek for another four years.

How will an average southern Nigerian feel ?. Won't they feel cheated?

An average nigerian sensibilities is hurt in situations like that (Northerner or Southerner).
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 2:37am On Mar 11, 2013
emiye:

In 1998, concession was made by the political juggernauts to allow power go to the south west, . In the light of that, it meant power was to rotate from South to the North, after 8years, it followed that trend, when a northerner in the person of late yaradua came on board as president in 2007, fate had a different plan, with less than 3 years in to his tenure, he died, Goodluck was to serve out his boss tenure, and hand over in 2011 to a northern man ideally, this did not happen, he decided to contest in 2011, he won. By the time he serves out his mandate in 2015, Nigeria would have had uninterrupted 16years of new democracy,

(1) the south would have being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years.

(2) The gentle man agreement of power rotation between the North and south seriously breached.(at least by the ruling party)[b]

What you just illustrated is not what democracy is all about.

Nigeria's democratic governance should not be determined by some gentleman's agreement, it should be determined by merit.

How do you expect Nigeria to progress if Nigerians do not elect leaders based on merit? You are correct that it should not matter if the person is from the North or South, but it should matter if the person deserves the position based on merit.

Governor Fashola should be the presidential nominee, not some VP nominee. He has proved that he is a leader capable of leading Nigeria. Just look at what he has done in Lagos.

Having a rotational system is simply backwards in this day and age. Nigeria needs its brightest to lead the way.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by emiye(m): 2:47am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

What you just illustrated is not what democracy is all about.

Nigeria's democratic governance should not be determined by some gentleman's agreement, it should be determined by merit.

How do you expect Nigeria to progress if Nigerians do not elect leaders based on merit? You are correct that it should not matter if the person is from the North or South, but it should matter if the person deserves the position based on merit.

Governor Fashola should be the presidential nominee, not some VP nominee. He has proved that he is a leader capable of leading Nigeria. Just look at what he has done in Lagos.

Having a rotational system is simply backwards in this day and age. Nigeria needs its brightest to lead the way.
Did i hear you say merit ?

Easier said than done, the structure of the country makes it difficult, the electorates also makes it more difficult, they will vote for a mediocre over a performer for flimsy reasons like religion, region, looks, name, beauty of his wife bla bla bla, I put it to you, that A buhari will garner more votes across Nigeria as a Pres, candidate.than a Fashola would. If APC appoints you as a political advisor, this is how you will be singing merit, and tell them to field a candidate who will flop.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 2:53am On Mar 11, 2013
emiye:
Did i hear you say merit ?

Easier said than done, the structure of the country makes it difficult, the electorates also makes it more difficult, they will vote for a mediocre over a performer for flimsy reasons like religion, region, looks, name, beauty of his wife bla bla bla, I put it to you, that A buhari will garner more votes across Nigeria as a Pres, candidate.than a Fashola would. If APC appoints you as a political advisor, this is how you will be singing merit, and tell them to field a candidate, who will flop.

Yes, I said merit. I know it is an illusive word in Nigeria, but it should be the chant.

You said picking Governor Fashola as the APC presidential candidate will be a flop, but I feel it is better to pick him, than Buhari who continues to lose in every election.

Buhari already favors one region over the other. Why should people elect a man who is considered by some segments of the population as a bigot?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by emiye(m): 3:05am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Yes, I said merit. I know it is an illusive word in Nigeria, but it should be the chant.

You said picking Governor Fashola as the APC presidential candidate will be a flop, but I feel it is better to pick him, than Buhari who continues to lose in every election.

Buhari already favors one region over the other. Why should people elect a man who is considered by some segments of the population as a bigot?

You feel it is better to pick him, because it satisfies your idiosyncrasies ? Stop burying your head in sand like an ostrich and face reality, If an opinion poll is properly conducted between Fashola and Buhari. Buhari will do better. Although we southerners can be more lousy on cyber space, and make the reality less evident.

If people elect a man who is considered by some segments of the population as a bigot, then great, a supposed bigot would have been elected, so he can then prove if truly he is a bigot or not.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 11, 2013
Hate him as u may, the fact remains that there's no candidate that's as popular, hence can sweep the Northern votes than Buhari in a free and fair election. Northerners love him, and thats what matters most. It is obvious Buhari is the APC consensus candidate,because its the sensible thing to do, if APC wants to take the coming election serious.

As far as the 2015 election is concern, the SE vote is insignificant. With Buhari already locking the northern votes, the SW states would determine who would win the coming elections. Hence it makes no sense for APC to field Rochas or any SE candidate as their VP. Besides, GEJ already has the SE vote, hence for APC to field a VP from SE is the pinnacle of stvpidity. APC needs Buhari and a VP who can get the SW vote, and that candidate is Fashola. If Fashola can deliver 6 states to APC, then the game is over!

Without northern vote GEJ can not win. As for stealing votes for GEJ in the North, thats not gonna happen again. Those northern politicians who were responsible aint gonna risk it, not after the riots and backlash that followed. For the first time, northerners went on rampage burning houses of their politicians and emirs, whom they thought were in GEJ's camp...Hence, for any northern politician to participate in stealing the elections for Jona again, would be tantamount to suicide. The inferno may swallow him and his family. GEJ IS ON HIS OWN as far as the northern vote is concerned.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by obi2012: 5:28am On Mar 11, 2013
The nation will never be ruled by a Moslem/Moslem ticket

Maple: Hate him as u may, the fact remains that there's no candidate that's as popular, hence can sweep the Northern votes than Buhari in a free and fair election. Northerners love him, and thats what matters most. It is obvious Buhari is the APC consensus candidate,because its the sensible thing to do, if APC wants to take the coming election serious.

As far as the 2015 election is concern, the SE vote is insignificant. With Buhari already locking the northern votes, the SW states would determine who would win the coming elections. Hence it makes no sense for APC to field Rochas or any SE candidate as their VP. Besides, GEJ already has the SE vote, hence for APC to field a VP from SE is the pinnacle of stvpidity. APC needs Buhari and a VP who can get the SW vote, and that candidate is Fashola. If Fashola can deliver 6 states to APC, then the game is over!

Without northern vote GEJ can not win. As for stealing votes for GEJ in the North, thats not gonna happen again. Those northern politicians who were responsible aint gonna risk it, not after the riots and backlash that followed. For the first time, northerners went on rampage burning houses of their politicians and emirs, whom they thought were in GEJ's camp...Hence, for any northern politician to participate in stealing the elections for Jona again, would be tantamount to suicide. The inferno may swallow him and his family. GEJ IS ON HIS OWN as far as the northern vote is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Rexyl(m): 6:10am On Mar 11, 2013
Maple: Hate him as u may, the fact remains that there's no candidate that's as popular, hence can sweep the Northern votes than Buhari in a free and fair election. Northerners love him, and thats what matters most. It is obvious Buhari is the APC consensus candidate,because its the sensible thing to do, if APC wants to take the coming election serious.

It is now being evident that politics in Nigeria is being motivated by selfishness and greediness. From all indications there has not been a way forward even with this APC thing. People are on the move to load their claimed vehicle of transformation if truly there could be any with disgusting materials. If they try it the products will be stink.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by hubreality(m): 6:26am On Mar 11, 2013
confusion247: Now we know that APC is all about north. But too bad that there is no vacancy in aso rock till 2019.
Many are beginning to ask same questions: 1. Is APC becoming a Northern political party? 2. Hope it's not all about Buhari becoming or being imposed on them as presidential flag bearer. 3. Hope it's not turning into a religious thing? Let them not make that BIGGEST MISTAKE of imposing Gen Buhari(rtd) as presidential flag bearer on the collabo...People are watching!!! 2015 will be full of surprises...even the SW people may not vote Buhari, it doesn't matter them getting Fashola or Rochas as VP, talkless of SE people which is no go area for Buhari. These are facts on ground...What's wrong with APC getting another credible young and vibrant northerner instead of Buhari, if this power must go back to the North? TIP for APC...Selflessly let Fashola or Rochas be the presidential flag bearer and you'll completely WIN PDP come 2015 in the SW, SE, and the North.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ecosanders: 6:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Policewoman: So for your mind, this is 2011 and despite the havoc wrecked by Bokoharam, an entire 13 states of the north will still give Buhari 100% of their votes huh?
nawa 4 u o! So dey shld gv their vote 2 d dude dat fail 2 protect them abi? If u dnt kw GMB wil stil get their vote. Abeg park well hater.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by UYCO: 7:20am On Mar 11, 2013
If the whole essence of APC is to produce a northern candidate, that party is dead on arrival. Fashola should better wait to contest for president otherwise, he will drag his name to the mud with that spare tire position that he is fighting for
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by blaqoracle: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.
OKOROCHA HAS sold out in the part, he will sell out again.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by blaqoracle: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.
OKOROCHA HAS sold out in the past, he will sell out again.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saipn: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2013
Like i said earlier GEJ needs northerners vote to win 2015 election,and d shocking truth is that it will be very difficult because he can't get the same vote he got from them in the last election.Even middlebelt are tired of GEJ govt.the only solution for GEJ is massive rigging or else APC will win the next election

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2013
^^
Some ppl think by ignoring such fact, it'll simply just go away. Buhari already has the Northern votes, the voters in SW would determine who'll be the next president. APC needs only 5 SW states come 2015.

To all those promising fire and brimstone if Buhari wins in 2015, would hug transformers by the time Buhari/Fashola is declared winner come 2015 grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2013
For some of you who may not understand how politics is played, it is important you understand this. I told you why President GEJ is going to win 2015 should he run for it. I would not want someone to misquote me here. I SAID SHOULD HE RUN FOR, pls note the phrase.

Politics is a game and is a game for men and not boys. Politics is a game that requires structure and proper calculation. Now for sometimes I've heard people say APC is going to take power from PDP come 2015 and whenever I hear such I start laughing. Apart from the greedy factor I stated last time in my post that was going to destroy the so called APC,I will show you some political mathematics in which GEJ is going to use in winning should he run.

Politics at Presidential level is played on structural level and you people will agree with me that its only PDP that has that capacity and that's why they have been running the show since 1999. There is no Ward, LGA or State in this Country that you will not find PDP. What does this mean? It simply means the people can easily be reached and mobilized during elections. Rigging can take place should the President decide to play dirty politics but of cause Mr president will never go that way instead he will prefer to lose in a clean election.

Now APC has claimed their mission is to take power from GEJ but how will they do that without a proper structure on ground .APC put together controls 11 states out of the 36states in nigeria and for some of you who follow political issues will agree with me that APC is a sectional party. How do I mean? ACN is of the South west,while CPC and ANPP is of the North West.
hahahaha one of my aids just reminded me of Okorocha my friend in APGA. Well PDP controls Imo state for all I care.

So let's do the proper break down so that you will understand me better.

SOUTH EAST: This zone is made up of 5 states and PDP controls 3 states and 4 out of 5 Governors are core GEJ loyalist. So do you think it is possible for TINUBU to come from Lagos and fight this Governor to win elections in this state? Which structure will he use?

Now as long as South East remains GEJ has kept to the two (2) agreements he made with the people of the South East during his campaign, which is

(1)Building of the second Niger bridge which contract for it was just awarded last week to one of the biggest constructing giant in the country

(2) Fix Port Hacourt / Enugu Express way. As am talking now four(4) Contractors are working on that road, you can ask people that travel on that road to know the state.

The Enugu International airport which is the only international airport in the zone is now a first class airport. You can fly to Enugu and see for yourself. The Cargo airport in Owerri has a new look, You can also find out for yourself.

In terms of appointment we are well carried along. So tell me do you think APC or Okorocha can deliver this zone to his masters?

SOUTH SOUTH: Most People will argue that the President has done nothing in this zone being a zone he comes from. Well I would not want to comment on this till 2014 which he has promised to deliver East-West road but I don't see how a man from BUGUMA will not vote for GEJ then go vote for buhari. Well in other not to waist our time, Sentiments will play a major role here. GEJ is gonna win.

SOUTH WEST: ACN controls 5 out of the 6 States. Apart from Lagos State,which to me has been built long ago with Nigeria's money due to the fact that it was the former capital, I don't think there is any other state Action Congress is doing well in this zone. It is obvious the people may be seeking for a change, after all we just saw them lose in Ondo state. If they were so on ground in the zone they would have taking Ondo too! I keep telling my friends from this zone that ACN took South West was that PDP did not put her house in order, take OGUN for example, PDP lost that state just because her house was divided,if you put the vote OBJ's boy got and that which the former Governor's boy got you will agree they would have won by far but due to the rack in the party the votes were divided. Apart from Osun state, tell me the other state GEJ did not win in the zone!

NORTH CENTRAL: Apart from Nasarawa state, PDP controls the other States and majority of the state are core GEJ supporters. Infact this zone will welcome Him well then even a President from the zone because the President has done more in these states than his zone. You can ask the people of KOGI more.

NORTH EAST: Well this is the zone I don't expect much from because it is controlled by ANPP but still the PDP has structure on ground. Its a fight of 40- 60 fight.

NORTH WEST: PDP still controls these states!

No disrespect to my friends from the North but somehow the truth needs to be told. One of the major problem the North will have fighting power over from GEJ will be the problem of selfishness and greediness. It is obvious the battle line is between the north and GEJ come 2015 and as it stands now I don't see any body that will or is well accepted all over the South whom is from the North that can win election in ABONIMA, Isokpo or Akabo! and the issue of everybody wanting to be President from the North will also play out too . We saw it happen in 2011 so don't think it can not happen again in 2015.

Go check your records very well there are few Presidents in the world that have lost election for 2nd term in office while in African is only one! With the acceptance GEJ has with the western world, don't even think its gonna be easy for APC. Did you guys just see the rating of KPMG? Do you know how much America has just invested in Nigeria? Under whose watch did this investment come in? Can you name which of the G8 states that has not thrown billions of dollars into this country or which Head of state has not visited Nigeria apart from USA .So if you think the West is not interested on who runs this country in 2015 then your dreaming!

I can't wait for 2015 to come President GEJ is going back. if you no like am go kiss transformer for your street....lmao

Nice day!

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2013
According to the 1999 Constitution (as amended), a Presidential candidate has to win get at least, one-quarter of the votes in 24 states, and the majority of votes cast in the election.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2013
An Okorocha/Fashola ticket will pose a serious threat to the PDP in 2015. I know these men are southerners, but I think Nigerians should look beyond religious or sectional sentiments; for the country to move forward.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nwogeh: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2013
a northern moslem like Ribadu or oda vibrant young man from north, wt Oshomole as vice or vice versa wil get dem there. BUT Fashiola and a xtain north like David Mark,(if de can woo him 2APC wt such assurance) can also deliver. But anythin like Buhari is a failure all round. Oshomole and GEJ wil divide South vote and Oshomole wil win north. I just wish APC could give us another better option cos everybody is tired wt Pdp
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2013
VOICEOFTHEMASSES:
NORTH CENTRAL: Apart from Nasarawa state, PDP controls the other States and majority of the state are core GEJ supporters. Infact this zone will welcome Him well then even a President from the zone because the President has done more in these states than his zone. You can ask the people of KOGI more.

NORTH EAST: Well this is the zone I don't expect much from because it is controlled by ANPP but still the PDP has structure on ground. Its a fight of 40- 60 fight.

Dude, the fact that PDP control some states in the North doesnt mean a pooh. Nigerians dont vote for parties when it comes to the presidential elections. People in SW didnt vote for Ribadu despite him running on ACN ticket. States in the North had to be rigged for GEJ in 2011. Considering the Anger and riots that happened in the North because of that, Politicians in the North would deem it too risky to support GEJ again against a northern presidential candidate, especially if that candidate turned out to be Buhari. Buhari swept many PDP states during the last elections, hence there's no guarantee GEJ can win a single PDP state in the North come 2015, without indulging in massive vote rigging. We already saw how northerners in 2011 went on rampage burning housing of politicians and emirs whom they thought were on GEJ camp. So the question is, are their political bigwigs in the North who are ready to stick-out their necks once again for GEJ come 2015? I dont think so.

Come 2015, GEJ is on his own in the north.Period!

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by abbeybanks(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2013
Democracy is not rice mixed with stew, it is about majority vote spread across the whole geo-political zone.
They are considering the for presidency does not make it a majority muslim party it simply means they want to get the most vote from that region.
APC can as well field in Oshiomhole and Fashola for Pres and V.P base on their anticedence and them being progressives but sincerely how many Nigerian will vote for them? Their vote will J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ be like votes goTten by Prof. Pat Utomi, Mr. Dele Momudo, Rev, Chris Okotie, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu and their likes who are most qualified than the candidates of the PDP since 1999.
I urge all Nigerian to please let's support this party(APC) and end the ill-rule of the PDP that is killing all sectors of the economy and not contributing meaningfully to the lives of Nigerian.
The MDGs is a good indicator to rate the PDP since 2000 and its almost 2015 when they are suppose to achieve those goals.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Ngwakwe: 8:35am On Mar 11, 2013
The North can only get the presidency by defeating GEJ in PDP Primary Election.

Unfortunately, there is no politician of Northern extraction in PDP with a clean hands to withstood EFCC rigorious intimidation and indictment.

The whole issue will result in GEJ winning PDP Primaries and consequently having his second term on a platter of gold.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by abbeybanks(m): 8:54am On Mar 11, 2013
VOICEOFTHEMASES: For some of you who may not understand how politics is played, it is important you understand this. I told you why President GEJ is going to win 2015 should he run for it. I would not want someone to misquote me here. I SAID SHOULD HE RUN FOR, pls note the phrase.

Politics is a game and is a game for men and not boys. Politics is a game that requires structure and proper calculation. Now for sometimes I've heard people say APC is going to take power from PDP come 2015 and whenever I hear such I start laughing. Apart from the greedy factor I stated last time in my post that was going to destroy the so called APC,I will show you some political mathematics in which GEJ is going to use in winning should he run.

Politics at Presidential level is played on structural level and you people will agree with me that its only PDP that has that capacity and that's why they have been running the show since 1999. There is no Ward, LGA or State in this Country that you will not find PDP. What does this mean? It simply means the people can easily be reached and mobilized during elections. Rigging can take place should the President decide to play dirty politics but of cause Mr president will never go that way instead he will prefer to lose in a clean election.

Now APC has claimed their mission is to take power from GEJ but how will they do that without a proper structure on ground .APC put together controls 11 states out of the 36states in nigeria and for some of you who follow political issues will agree with me that APC is a sectional party. How do I mean? ACN is of the South west,while CPC and ANPP is of the North West.
hahahaha one of my aids just reminded me of Okorocha my friend in APGA. Well PDP controls Imo state for all I care.

So let's do the proper break down so that you will understand me better.

SOUTH EAST: This zone is made up of 5 states and PDP controls 3 states and 4 out of 5 Governors are core GEJ loyalist. So do you think it is possible for TINUBU to come from Lagos and fight this Governor to win elections in this state? Which structure will he use?

Now as long as South East remains GEJ has kept to the two (2) agreements he made with the people of the South East during his campaign, which is

(1)Building of the second Niger bridge which contract for it was just awarded last week to one of the biggest constructing giant in the country

(2) Fix Port Hacourt / Enugu Express way. As am talking now four(4) Contractors are working on that road, you can ask people that travel on that road to know the state.

The Enugu International airport which is the only international airport in the zone is now a first class airport. You can fly to Enugu and see for yourself. The Cargo airport in Owerri has a new look, You can also find out for yourself.

In terms of appointment we are well carried along. So tell me do you think APC or Okorocha can deliver this zone to his masters?

SOUTH SOUTH: Most People will argue that the President has done nothing in this zone being a zone he comes from. Well I would not want to comment on this till 2014 which he has promised to deliver East-West road but I don't see how a man from BUGUMA will not vote for GEJ then go vote for buhari. Well in other not to waist our time, Sentiments will play a major role here. GEJ is gonna win.

SOUTH WEST: ACN controls 5 out of the 6 States. Apart from Lagos State,which to me has been built long ago with Nigeria's money due to the fact that it was the former capital, I don't think there is any other state Action Congress is doing well in this zone. It is obvious the people may be seeking for a change, after all we just saw them lose in Ondo state. If they were so on ground in the zone they would have taking Ondo too! I keep telling my friends from this zone that ACN took South West was that PDP did not put her house in order, take OGUN for example, PDP lost that state just because her house was divided,if you put the vote OBJ's boy got and that which the former Governor's boy got you will agree they would have won by far but due to the rack in the party the votes were divided. Apart from Osun state, tell me the other state GEJ did not win in the zone!

No disrespect to my friends from the North but somehow the truth needs to be told. One of the major problem the North will have fighting power over from GEJ will be the problem of selfishness and greediness. It is obvious the battle line is between the north and GEJ come 2015 and as it stands now I don't see any body that will or is well accepted all over the South whom is from the North that can win election in ABONIMA, Isokpo or Akabo! and the issue of everybody wanting to be President from the North will also play out too . We saw it happen in 2011 so don't think it can not happen again in 2015.

Go check your records very well there are few Presidents in the world that have lost election for 2nd term in office while in African is only one! With the acceptance GEJ has with the western world, don't even think its gonna be easy for APC. Did you guys just see the rating of KPMG? Do you know how much America has just invested in Nigeria? Under whose watch did this investment come in? Can you name which of the G8 states that has not thrown billions of dollars into this country or which Head of state has not visited Nigeria apart from USA .So if you think the West is not interested on who runs this country in 2015 then your dreaming!

I can't wait for 2015 to come President GEJ is going back. if you no like am go kiss transformer for your street....lmao

Nice day!

I pity you and those with such ideology because you are far from the realities on ground when it comes to the people deciding onn who they want to vote for. Take for example, the displacement of PDP in Edo-state and the way people voted for GEJ. Don't underestimate the voters they are wiser now and also they are ready to CÕ̾M̶̲̥̅Ƹ̵̡ out enmass to dethrone PDP
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2013
emiye:

(2) The gentle man agreement of power rotation between the North and south seriously breached.(at least by the ruling party)

I am a southerner and i for one is less concerned about which region or religion, a president will emerge from
, but let's imagine, if the tide had turned and the situation was like the north had being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years. and the incumbent Northern president is still gearing to seek for another four years.

How will an average southern Nigerian feel ?. Won't they feel cheated?

An average nigerian sensibilities is hurt in situations like that (Northerner or Southerner).

This is one of the most idiotic post I have read on NL. You are soooooo dumb, you need help!

What nonsense sentimental crap are you spewing so? Who sat down and had what agreement? Are you talking about the same north that has ruled and squandered our collective wealth since 1967? You must be really dumb!

So when some thieving foools who stole our oil wells, sat down and decided how we should ruled, it becomes binding on us? I don't know what is wrong with some of you! Is it that your skull is just so thick or that you are paid to write this nonsense? Idiota!

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Interesting point.

So who would you recommend among the PDP politicians as the best man for the job?

Personally, I think GEJ has done well with the hand that he was dealt. Even though there is more that needs to be done. But I recognize an old adage, "that Rome was not built in a day."

una good morning o. smiley

Are you not the PDP Champion who is supposed to answer that question. Please don't play games with us, the whole world knows of GEJ's incompetence and if he is the best you guys can come up with, so be it. It is difficult to understand how people like you believe that there is no one more competent to rule Nigeria, within PDP, than GEJ.

The point remains that GEJ did not get to where he is on merit - I maintain that you guys are hypocritical. Shi kena.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

una good morning o. smiley

Are you not the PDP Champion who is supposed to answer that question. Please don't play games with us, the whole world knows of GEJ's incompetence and if he is the best you guys can come up with, so be it. It is difficult to understand how people like you believe that there is no one more competent to rule Nigeria, within PDP, than GEJ.

The point remains that GEJ did not get to where he is on merit - I maintain that you guys are hypocritical. Shi kena.

Are you not tired of the stale line "the whole world knows of GEJ's incompetence"? lol. The guy's rating is soaring by the day and you APC internet warriors are still printing the fooolish old cliche. You said this is 2011 and it didn't work. With power projected at at least 8000 to 10000MW by this year end and 15000MW by 2015, that will be a foolish campaign slogan! lol. With trains coming on stream and the agric revolution, it will look even more stup1d to keep pushing that line. With commencement of 2nd Niger bridge, Cargo ports, Ajaokuta steel, Almajiri schools, north's agric revolution, Abuja light rail, Abuja-Kaduna rail, etc, I just dey laugh!

By 2015, you will have a fully functional and vibrant, private sector, power industry. Honestly, by mid 2014, it will be a no contest! That is the big point these APC guy keep missing out. The level of infrastructure that will be coming onstream in the next one year will mean the message of a change in government will be highly dented!

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2013
Breaking News:

GEJ's rating is soaring by the day, says a member of the 40 laptop warriors.
grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2013
dagr8:
that loser has lost 3 times
2003 to OBJ
2007 to Yar adua
2011 to GEJ
hahahahah. . . E dey baffle me too o, how can a man that has lost 3 presidential elections consecutively be even considered again for Presidency. . . Seriously, a lot of these Swestern folks can be uneccessarily sentimental in the way they analyze Nigeria's polity.
Like Jonathan or not, it will be very difficult to boot him out not with the lightweights and overspent politicians lined up.
Fashola for President I dey laugh, that niggar is the most naive of all the line up. Nigeria is not Lagos where one man held him by the jugular to control the state's resources. This time he will be dealing with not just Yoruba politicians that like sentiments but ruthless politicians from the North and East. Trust me, the East will treat Fashola just like they would a with Buhari. Even the Southwest that Yorubas like to see as the second advantaged region has a sizeable population of Easterners enough to disrupt any any bloc vote even to a Fashola Presidency in the SW let alone other regions that will vote based on tribal and religious sentiments. If there is one thing Jonathan has going for him, it is the 100% bloc vote he is certain to ge from the eastern region, the only region that is able at moment to put aside differences and deliver a bloc vote, SW obviously is divided, the North is the most divided not with the activities of islamic sects maiming, killing, burning and causing dis harmony between christians and muslims. Mr Buhari's reticence and tacit support to such activities only help to strengthen the belief that he is a religious bigot with trying so hard to suppress his extremist religious views that many times have betrayed the position he is vying for.
The NorthCentral is another very import region that will make sure the north does not deliver any bloc vote not with the activities of Fulani and bokoharam people there. The North is still greatly under the heavy influence of PDP, from state governors to members of the states' legislature to the LGAs, PDP is still the dominant political force to beat. CPC is just synonymous with Buhari nothing more, it does not have political clout or popularity to wrestle power against PDP. I know this because I was an election Presiding Officer as a corper serving in Sokoto State. In the local government we conducted a by-election for a deceased member of the state legislature from Sabon Birnin LGA, I know what went down and how PDP campaigned with everything possible to come put a distant first in all the wards in Sabon Birnin. In Makwana where I conducted elections with an assistant who was an Hausa teacher, PDP won by 303 votes, the next party that won was ANPP with only 2votes, nobody even voted for CPC, even apga and ACN had 1 vote each. The so-called opposition party agents that were present were all PDP lackeys dressing up as opposition. I Laugh when I hear political naive statements that suggest that Buhari is Popular in the Noeth or his party, it is a no brainer. Buhari wont win an election against IBB, Atiku or even pdp northern states' governors wven if he cries a torrent. Plus, there are a lot of southerners here in the north, Igbos especially, enough to cause an upset in voting patterns. Now tell me, what is the percentage of westerners or even northers northerners in the east, too negligible to thwart any attempt by the region to deliver a bloc vote. This is where Jonathan has his strength. The only politically expedient thing to do is to use Rochas and a northerner to cause an all roundsplit in the regions. Fashola canllt achieve that not even North, his popularity has since taken a dive since he started off his 2nd term with elitist policies that have been alienating commoners that actually do the voting. Besides, Rochas is more Politically savvy on national politics than Fashola, he has a wider popularity and acceptability than fashola, he has charisma and charm than fashola, he knows the game and has the political reach and connection than fashola. Fashola is a good administrator no doubt better than Rochas I must confess but not when it comes to national politics, Rochas na im Papa for that one. Unless of course, the Yoruba man wants to bring the usual tribal sentiments I see no reason why Rochas should not be considered ahead of Fashola, and I am not talking in the capacity of VP, that nonsense is a compensatory role, I am talking of fielding him in as President, Yes. It does not have to be a northerner period! Anything core north and muslim, count the majority of Christians and southern Nigerians out. The Yoruba can continue to act like Yorubas alone inhabit all of the southwest but when the time comes, the people whose number and spread matter will throw their weight.
And anyone that thinks religion, tribe and regional sentiments do not matter is delusional and naive.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mikeapollo: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2013
manny4life:

Your comment above is speaks volume about you. It's ok to grant a nod to Oshimole and Fashola but when it comes down to Imo, you ask "what has he done"? Some governors are not like that of others where they trumpet everything they do. Lagos and Imo have their different complexities, so for you to say he needs to first bring out IMO from ashes is not ONLY insulting but very demeaning and undermines the work (even if meager) that he has done.

You will do well to explain this in bold, who's been threatening blackmailing who?

I can only vote for Oshiomhole and may be Rochas.... I dont want a clueless VP that would instigate and increase tuition fees in federal universities to N500,000 or N1m per session, because of the silly excuse of 'the need to improve standards and make Nigerian universites world class'...only blind fools/lazy thinkers would vote for such person!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Federal Executive Council Meeting [PHOTOS] / I’ll Accept Supreme Court’s Verdict – Wike / Ned Nwoko And His Wife, Regina Daniel In Delta To Campaign For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.