Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26042 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by bowei(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
peleson: This shows that it all boils down to returning power to the north for keeps.they are looking for collaborators from the south to hire. Old school approach. Naija is wiser now.
Christian North can't vote for any muslim from the north, the Middle belt has pitched there tent with the SS/SE n the SW know that they v to follow the north but on the last minute. Though okorocha is loved,this is different on the matter of presidency.. He is on his own even his wife n inlaws won't vote for him. Am certain , Ogun, Ondo, Lagos will deliver for Southern presidency. While apc will struggle for osun, ekiti. Oyo is most likely going for south.
In the north, GEJ has parleys even those in his cabinet n people that matter. So looking at the statistics, the Power of incumbency will preveil.abi people from chad n niger n mali n northern cameron go fit enter naija vote again? NO !! When we dey check our borders.
The south is more populated than the north FACT!
The britsh man that carried out the census has confessed doubling north population to punish the South for asking them to leave.
The christian North has vowed to work with the South to STOP the muslim north. Hence power remains in Down South!
You obviously knows nothing as per governance and more so the state of the nation
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Biafrarep(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
TERRORISTS MUST NOT RULE US IN 2015 SHIKENA!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by emiye(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
The three looks good, but the political climate must be tested for which amongst them can bring in more electorates to the union.

Buhari for me is not the best presidential candidate in terms of quality, he is an average candidate, but the most optimal at the moment to tackle PDP due to his political value of bringing the much needed votes from the north.

In 2011, the two frontline presidential candidates were GEJ VS Buhari, it ended 22.6million votes Vs 12.4million votes.

It is important to note the following as regards the 2011 election:

(1) Buhari secured 11.5 million votes out of the 12.4 million votes from the Northern region, GEJ had roughly 7.8million votes from the North.

(2) His party CPC in 2011, was formed less than a year to the April 2011 elections.

(3) His party had no serving state governor in April 2011

(4) His running mate was not a politician, had little political value.

(5) A segment of the Core North soft pedaled and supported GEJ on the belief that GEJ was going on a single tenure.

(6) Suspicious voters turn out and Magic votes in the SS / SE regions, with over 80% voters turn out, 97% votes to GEJ as against avg of 50% voters turnout in the other four regions.

(7) More signs of voter apathy in the SW, especially after the failed merger of ACN and CPC.

If by 2015, the main battle stays between GEJ and Buhari.

The following factors will come in to play.

(1) GEJ will have more performance/projects OR no performance to showcase, and a stronger power of incumbency.

(2) Buhari will have at the minimum 11 state Governors to back him, and will ride on the structure of the ACN / CPC/ANPP / a small part of APGA.

(3) Buhari will have a running mate with a political value from the south.

(4) At the polls in 2015, the core North and Jonathan Presidency will repel strongly than it did in 2011, Buhari will perform much better than he did in 2011 in the North West , North East, South West. marginal improvement in SS,SE,NC

(5) There might be voter apathy in some part of the North in 2015

(6) Buhari candidacy will hardly attract 10% of the total votes in the SS/SE. although the magic voters turn out in the SS/ SE might not repeat itself. The 97% total votes cast for GEJ in 2011 will reduce to less than 90%.

All in all, if it stays as Jonathan vs Buhari again in 2015, Buhari will have the edge, except something drastic happens. Even PDP knows this, hence the laptop folks are afraid of him, and will try to denigrate his name.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by sylvadan: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
pls help me on how to download constitution of the fed.govt on my nokia phone
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by sylvadan: 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
it is a good idea for a northern candidacy for apc,of xtian extraction ll work because 100% of Northern xtian ll vote for the candidate,then with the hope of ss,se,sw.the Northern moslem with the mind set of taking the power back ll prefer to vote for APC rather than PDP by ignoring the issue of religious affiliation.the APC coalition can only work on the oath of united mind,singleness of purpose and definiteness of goal.internal crises must be avoided at all cost,greediness and self aggrandizement must also be avoided.come with re invention of rhetorics that addresses the real plights of the society in a right placement of priority,and a time bound approach on how to solve them.so it is not about individual goal but about the party meeting the need of the society.if a moslem candidate must comes in as president,the possibility of turning it as Northern candidate to implement Northern agendas is there,so APC be careful.the candidate must not be a religious extremist but seen everybody as one.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Fashola is the best of the 3, but why should Fashola, a SAN be vice President to an illiterate coupist ? The North has no Presidential material apart from Sanusi. Lest I forget, there is no vacancy at Aso rock come 2015, PDP shall do it again! GEJ...hasnt lost any election, wouldnt start now, unlike some people who are perpetual and bitter losers.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mabcos: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
D middle belt are 80% with d north 4 change. Just accept it dat we need d change.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by brownlord: 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
dafnna: in 2015, northerners will be desperate to pull back power to their region.
The opposition can never win the forth coming elections against PDP without the support of the north.
Let us not deceive ourselves. Jonathan is clearly not capable of translating Nigeria to the next level. His presence in Aso-rock shows the poor state of our electoral process. As a nigerian-canadian, na who ask you? i am baffled on how he got there and mindset of those who voted for him, [b]because i learnt the election was on average a bit free and fair. Oga pls get enough information and not hear say or giving info base on beer palour gist, abi na bush radio
APC[/b], i will advice you nominate a Marwa OR Ribadu for president and fashola OR pat utomi for vice-president. PDP is the devil's tool against Nigeria, i speak from a spiritual angle. Concentrate on your spiritual activities for now until you realize that humans are the one leading this country and not spirit or holy ghost

my most preferred choice is Marwa/ fashola ticket. These two have performances above AVERAGE as governors of the most complex state (LAGOS).
A muslim-muslim ticket is not the issue now. Stop smoking that thing, it's not good your health, also see you doctor ASAPa Nigeria must move forward.
I miss my country badly. Na who send you message before? I will return someday as a minister by God's grace and personal diligence.
we have different type, spiritual or what pls be specific, frm ur post am sure u mean minister of God, If so we have enough land for you to build church or mosque
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by kolexy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
I believe Gov Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State is a better option. With him, we have ACN producing a Christian VP from the south.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
kolexy: I believe Gov Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State is a better option. With him, we have ACN producing a Christian VP from the south.
why vp from south when we already have a P we can keep using power of incumbency?

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
@ brownlord,
i could not gain anything from your criticism; nevertheless i believe you are an intelligent fellow.
what's the way forward for us as a country?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saipn: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
I wonder how some ppl here on nairaland think middle belt will vote massively for GEJ by 2015,which is totally wrong.GEJ cant get the same vote he got from middle belt in 2011......what GEJ needs is to rig the election to win or else APC will win the next presidential election

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.

Which state are you from
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by funshint(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
It will be suicidal 4 Rochas to vie as Vice-president because he has not fully consolidated his stance politically. And don't 4get dat Oshiomole's tenure won't expire until 2016 lest he decides 2 step down as Governor of Edo state. I think d best candidate 4 d Vice-president would be Fashola of Lagos state because he has already proved his worth beyond reasonable doubt as a performer, technocrat and sum1 who could be trusted by all. Even if he's not d president hvin such a personality in d cabinet is a huge plus even if d president is "dumb". And as 4 d Presidency we can hv a popular Northern xtain who will be "Northernically" accepted. Thus we have a Christain North/Muslim South Ticket. Perfect!!!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What experience has Rochas got to become the Vice President of this country? Do you even realise that the office of the Vice President and that of the SFG is the power house of the government? Rochas should remain in IMO State and show us that He truly understands government. Fashola, Oshiomhole both have demonstrated their capacity to manage complex societies and bring about positive change even in the face of threats, blackmail, and despair and have done so courageously. We need such people in the presidency. Rochas has not demonstrated much of these qualities yet and He needs to do so by bringing IMO State out of the ashes.

Okay, bigot. Which experience did Yaradua and GEJ have b4 getting to become President and Vice president ??

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:
What rubbish is this? what is 2/3 majority . Better to be quiet if you lack knowledge that display it loudly
There is no such thing as 2/3 majority.

What is required is 25 % in 2/3 of 36 states = 25 % of the votes in 24 states

You are actually wrong.

It is 'the majority in at least 2/3 of the states of the federation.

The majority can be any percentage, so far it is the majority.

Kindly check the electoral law.

Politics is complex, anybody can win. You can only analyse the outcome of elections so let wait until then.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Americanvisa: 12:14am On Mar 11, 2013
they never buy car,they have started scratching it, Fashola president,Tinubu vice president
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Eziachi: 12:29am On Mar 11, 2013
omonnakoda:
That is the way alll Nigerians feel about the Ibo. The ibo man does not know how to humble himself and woo others.Rather is boastful and arrogant.Last week we heard how Abokis control oil blocks.See how long they hid it if it is true.The Ibo man would shout from the roof tops about how that is proof of his superior business acumen and it is of course on merit.. Ibo men tell others we are the best this best that ,Nigerians are fed up to the back teeth of that.Sadly you guys do NOT get it and so just continue.
Of all the major ethnic groups you are the ones persisting with this MASSOB thing ,you need to make up your mind.

The world will not change for the Ibo man the Ibo man must change for the world to deal with the Nigerian reality as it really is and not how he imagines it is or should be .Until then keep dreaming
With sentiment and opinion like this, I guess that is what one can called a humanity love, love of nation and patriotism Nigerian version. MASSOB is so much of your problem but you're are ready to vote a northerner equally without minding where Boko Haram comes from. GOOD TO KNOW.

That is the typical sense making of an average Nigerian from north to south- with his tribal hate, which they will always excuse or masquerade.

In your eyes, the sin of Igbos are so daring and unforgiven and its called MASSOB, while the sin of others with Boko Haram, OPC, Egbesu, MASSOP or MEND is quite okay and not a problem at all. grin Nice to know too.

If you feel this way, why in the name of God do you and your likes always develop high blood pressure anytime Igbos mention leaving paradise Nigeria to die in their God's forsaken land alone?

It doesn't make any sense, even to an average person, that you are suppose to be in this marriage,but hate to love and the same time hate to divorce.

Only the most thoughtless fool will read a hateful tripe as this and still believe in Nigeria in any shape of form. One day someone like this will equally seek a political office but harbour such a hateful thought about another human collection simply because you speak a different language and he is not alone voice as you can see how many likes, he is already getting for his verbal spit. Who can say that there are no worse specimen than this already saddle with power in Nigeria? Who can bet? And you find them in all the tribes of Nigeria and they are the one that sing their national anthem and pledge like a hymn.

I really do feel sorry for you pretenders calling yourselves one Nigeria. One Nigeria my back foot!!

4 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Eziachi: 12:37am On Mar 11, 2013
funshint: It will be suicidal 4 Rochas to vie as Vice-president because he has not fully consolidated his stance politically. And don't 4get dat Oshiomole's tenure won't expire until 2016 lest he decides 2 step down as Governor of Edo state. I think d best candidate 4 d Vice-president would be Fashola of Lagos state because he has already proved his worth beyond reasonable doubt as a performer, technocrat and sum1 who could be trusted by all. Even if he's not d president hvin such a personality in d cabinet is a huge plus even if d president is "dumb". And as 4 d Presidency we can hv a popular Northern xtain who will be "Northernically" accepted. Thus we have a Christain North/Muslim South Ticket. Perfect!!!
And among the political stance he has to consolidate, I will like to think will be to run naked seven times in your village market square and then probably you may then consider him in your official pedestal.
Probably your kind voted for the likes of Fayose to rule a state, but has the gut now ro raise the qualification goal post. God help you guys.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by funshint(m): 12:53am On Mar 11, 2013
Eziachi:
And among the political stance he has to consolidate, I will like to think will be to run naked seven times in your village market square and then probably you may then consider him in your official pedestal.
Probably you same kind voted for the likes of Fayose to rule a state. God help you guys.
Just hear 'urself; can't U̶̲̥̅̊ just make a meaningful contribution. slowpoke!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by davesndy: 1:00am On Mar 11, 2013
mabcos: D middle belt are 80% with d north 4 change. Just accept it dat we need d change.
And who gave you this drunk analysis? Middle belt with the north? Guy are u a ghanian?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Onlytruth(m): 1:06am On Mar 11, 2013

PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.

I don't know how many times Ndigbo have to drum it into people's ears that we DON'T want VP positions again in Nigeria.
Ndigbo si na adighi ahapu ebe a na echi ozo gawa n'ebe a na aru agwu (a sane man cannot choose to attend a native doctors little ceremony rather that a huge feast of chieftaincy title taking ceremony).
VPs in Nigerian political system is like a "none speaking towns man" in a movie set - basically powerless.
We are tired of that crap. cool

If APC is serious, then Rochas MUST be on top of the ticket, or we shall stick to Bro Jona. cool

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by UnknownMember: 1:07am On Mar 11, 2013
If them like, let them put Jesus on the ticket..

Come 2015... The fresh air must continue..

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 1:07am On Mar 11, 2013
Why should the North produce the next Presidential nominee?

This question has been confusing me for quite a while. The North has not shown any signs of economic progress, development or any educational progress. What right do these Northern politicians have to lead Nigeria? All we see in Northern Nigeria is terrorist acts, no development, retrogression etc.

If APC wants to be taken seriously that they support Nigeria's economic development, they should pick a leader who is well known throughout the country as a true leader.

I cannot think of ANY Northern politician who can lead to Nigeria to greater heights.

Governor Fashola should be the flag bearer, and if not him, at least Oshiomhole or even Okorocha.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Onlytruth(m): 1:09am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm: Why should the North produce the next Presidential nominee?

This question has been confusing me for quite a while. The North has not shown any signs of economic progress, development or any educational progress. What right do these Northern politicians have to lead Nigeria?

If APC wants to be taken seriously that they support Nigeria's economic development, they should pick a leader who is well known throughout the country as a true leader.

I cannot think of ANY Northern politician who can lead to Nigeria to greater heights.

If I talk am now, dem go say Eze Ndigbo na bigot. But you spoke the truth.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Eziachi: 1:10am On Mar 11, 2013
funshint:
Just hear 'urself; can't U̶̲̥̅̊ just make a meaningful contribution. slowpoke!
I can see from here your grand meaningful contribution so far-The Nobel price is on its way to you.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 1:16am On Mar 11, 2013
Onlytruth:

If I talk am now, dem go say Eze Ndigbo na bigot. But you spoke the truth.

I am highly disturbed by this "born to rule" mentality that seems to be prevalent in the North.

No one has yet to articulate a reason why a Northern politician should be a presidential nominee for any party. They have not earned that right.

APC should not be taken serious if they do not have Governor Fashola as the flag bearer. It is simply an insult to Governor Fashola, Oshiomhole and Okorocha to be "tipped" as VP nominees.

It is either Governor Fashola aka "Eko oni baje o!" or President Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Eziachi: 1:21am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I am highly disturbed by this "born to rule" mentality that seems to be prevalent in the North.

No one has yet to articulate a reason why a Northern politician should be a presidential nominee for any party. They have not earned that right.

APC should not be taken serious if they do not have Governor Fashola as the flag bearer. It is simply an insult to Governor Fashola, Oshiomhole and Okorocha to be "tipped" as VP nominees.

Very good point.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 1:23am On Mar 11, 2013
You people are a tad hypocritical. If you apply your own standard to PDP, you will need to replace GEJ because we all know that he is not the best man for the job among PDP members.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mrofficial2(m): 1:24am On Mar 11, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Obsessed with power and in all, they bring no progress to the country. If a Northerner becomes the flag bearer of APC, that's where I will have disagreement because I don't see any competent Northerner in APC.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 1:40am On Mar 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: You people are a tad hypocritical. If you apply your own standard to PDP, you will need to replace GEJ because we all know that he is not the best man for the job among PDP members.

Interesting point.

So who would you recommend among the PDP politicians as the best man for the job?

Personally, I think GEJ has done well with the hand that he was dealt. Even though there is more that needs to be done. But I recognize an old adage, "that Rome was not built in a day."

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by tomakint: 1:50am On Mar 11, 2013
It is very certain that APC will be fielding a northern candidate as their Presidential flagbearer and this automatically will place the 2015 election in Jonathan's hand and after his glorious exit in 2019 an Igbo President is emerging provided Nigeria will still be - you can quote me cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Shoot Protesters In Abuja This Morning - My Reactions / 2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / International Youth Day: Tinubu Celebrates Young People In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.