Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31818 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by redsun(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
Council of rogues pardon their fellow traitors. What is the hype there? We know they are all thieves and their aim as always is to cover their own thieving backs at the expense of f oolish nigerian populace who never bothers to oppose the thieves.talkless of rooting them out.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jentlsoul: 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
I just realize now that we the masses we don't have hope again. Papa god we need ur help. Good is now turn to its opposite. Honestly my heart is crying because no hope
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by talk2s(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Why abuse you? You are doing a great job abusing yourself with the ridiculous and corrupt question you keep asking all over the place and the answer to your question is CAPITAL NO.

The fact that you can not tell the difference between right and wrong doesn't mean the rest of us can't also.

It's so obvious that you have what it takes 'not to tell the difference between right and wrong'. Equally, i never knew a question could be corrupt?
Knowlegeable man!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by westbuoi(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
talk2s: Though I'm not in support of that decision by the 'Council of State', not 'GEJ' unilaterally (as many of you have alleged), but all of you that are abusing and cursing our Country's Number citizen with reckless abandon for this outcome, be sincere to yourselves, were you in his (GEJ's) shoes, where your former boss is involved, WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR POSITION when that matter came up?
Just asking a question-o witout calling anybody any name-o !

dude,if u were to be here in person,I will personally fight u..did u c earlier posts on this blog? what happens to d guy in jail who was tried innocently or that stole a generator just to fix a meal on the table..That white stuff in ur head called brain,needs proper examination!!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Paulonminyi: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
chiover: Almiesigha for senate 2015.nija d forgiver of sins. I dey watch o
u re vry rigt coz only 9ja dat people who stole dis country's soul re d one given padon. wel, during deir tenure many Nigerians die thousand if nt millions coz povaty were d oda of d day y deir busy lootin d state n d country's treasury. 2day deir givin pardon. Am nt a fans of Boko Haram bt am seem sense in deir amnesty struggle.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by deandavid(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
Our leaders, elders and fathers have indeed failed us. I just feel like killing them all. I wish we could have a revolution in this country.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
At this point, Nigeria is finshed sad

I don't know what my parents and siblings are still doing in that god-forsaken country.

Chei! sad
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Umm...sooo.... if you... em

Damn, how do I say this without sounding mean? Ok. here goes....

IF YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE THAT VOTED GEJ INTO OFFICE, PLS LETS SEE YOU RAISE YOUR HAND!!!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by gulfer: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
This topic is

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by gulfer: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
This decision is a

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut: Umm...sooo.... if you... em

IF YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE THAT VOTED GEJ INTO OFFICE, PLS LETS SEE YOU RAISE YOUR HAND!!!

They voted GEJ and not PDP
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I received with nostalgia and disbelieve the news of grant of pardon to Mr. Diepriye Alamaseigha among some other Nigerians Including some that are dead by President Goodluck Jonathan. I wish to condemn said pardon to Alamaseigha and the tactics of Mr. President in using some living and dead notable Nigerians as a cover up and camouflage to grant someone that he once described as his "godfather" and "benefactor" an undeserved pardon.

Nigerians will recall that while others in the list were sentenced and jailed by Military Tribunal where rule of law was not observed for offences that were alleged to be a "set up", Alamaisiegha was convicted for clear case of corruption by a competent court of Law where he had the opportunity to defend himself through 6 Senior Advocates of Nigeria.

The action of Mr. President in granting pardon to his godfather, mentor and benefactor is not propelled by nationalism or good conscience but ethnic parochialism and jingoism, hence the absence of a name like Tafa Balogun, the former Police IG and a fellow corruption convict like the "Generalizimo of Ijaw Nation" from that list. This phantom pardon has further demonstrated that President Jonathan is only paying leap service to the issue of fighting corruption in Nigeria and should not be taken serious henceforth. In this era when it is very difficult to put on trial and convict anyone for corruption due to the cumbersomeness of our legal system, it is very unfortunate that our President who made fighting of corruption as part of his campaign manifestos has committed "official jail break" by this singular act of pardon to a man convicted of stealing Bayelsa State dry! It is a calculated step
of clearing way for President's God father to go to the Senate in 2015.

Let it be known to the whole world that Council of State have no power to grant pardon but it is the exclusive power of the President to be done with (mere) consultation with the Council of State under Section 175(1-3) of the 1999 Constitution as amended in 2011 and that was exactly what happened this afternoon. This is definitely not from Council of State but a sole action of Mr. President with mere consultation with Council of State as the Council made up of Nigerians of high integrity would not have granted this kind of pardon ordinarily and simpliciter!

Let us all rise up to defend our country as we have no other place to go. Let us condemn this pardon of Alamaisiegha in totality. We must put an end to corruption now!
For ur mind u think u dey make sense with this ur contradictory statement ,abeg park well make I see better pple.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
If former presidents,vice president including the current president,vice,senate president,speaker and CJ unanimously agreed then there is nothing wrong .

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Ekans: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Its sad,this man GEJ,no matter how one tries to defend him,he turns round and commits a bigger blunder.sooooo sad.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2013

Hello does the word "unanimous"mean anything to you?
Did GEJ take the decision all by himself?

Shuuu

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Gidadbro: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Major Hamza Almustapha supporse to be included on the list.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2013

I PROUDLY RAISE MINE!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ekans: Its sad,this man GEJ,no matter how one tries to defend him,he turns round and commits a bigger blunder.sooooo sad.

What blunder?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
manmade: I PROUDLY RAISE MINE!

Me too

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Pataki: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Just when you think Jonathan has reached the height of stewpeedity.......he throws a shocker!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by mbhs139(m): 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Shuuu

You don come with your lie. So, who carries the whole burden? You want take grammar take cover everything abi? to even think of finding an excuse for him speaks volume of the type of person you are. I know he's your kinsman, but please for once call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by mbhs139(m): 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

What blunder?

You travel ni, abi are you a learner?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
deandavid: Our leaders, elders and fathers have indeed failed us. I just feel like killing them all. I wish we could have a revolution in this country.

You can start by going by the way of stephen in the Bible
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Shuuu

No, never heard the word. Strange sounding word...

Anyway, I know this though: "Commander-In-Chief". And your oga does not deserve to be called that.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by chiefmega: 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
What about Major El Mustapha he should be pardon to or are they afraid he will spill the beans
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Ekans: 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

What blunder?
.Its a big pity you are not getting the bigger picture.So pardoning a man that destroyed the future of thousands by stealing them blind is not a BLUNDER?,i pity you.sooooo sad.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kaisy1980: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by maj007(m): 6:40pm
It's a pitty I was among those that thumb printed this administration into power. What a regretful decision by some of us.

They can as well alter our constitution to legalise corruption.

I hope they did not forget to include BODE GEORGE.

RASCALSSSSSSS.

(Quote) (Report) 5 Likes (Like)

UNCLE BIG BRODA BODE GEORGE HAS GONE TO SUPREME COURT BASED ON THE FACT THAT THE LOWER COURTS THAT JAILED HIM TRIED HIM IN ERROR. SO NOW THE SUPREME COURT WILL DO THE JOB AND HE WILL BE CLEAN TOO. I AM VERY SURE OIL BLOCKS WILL BE GIVEN TO ALAMS AS COMPENSATION FOR ALL HE LOST.
THANK GOD I NEVER VOTED FOR GEJ, I HOPE OBJ WAS NOT AT THAT MEETING .EVERYDAY GEJ IS PUTTING HIS FINGERS IN OBJ EYES AND VERY SOON WE WILL KNOW.WHO BE BABA

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Shuuu

mbhs139:

You don come with your lie. So, who carries the whole burden? You want take grammar take cover everything abi? to even think of finding an excuse for him speaks volume of the type of person you are. I know he's your kinsman, but please for once call a spade a spade

Corrupt souls, all of them.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Inik(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
jentlsoul:
Stop saying nonsense
It may sound like nonsense to you but it is the truth
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
mbhs139:

My brother a spade is always a spade and not a shovel,GEJ cannot wake up one morning to grant these people amnesty,however,the late president promised DSP before his untimely death and its only proper for him to grant a dying wish of his former boss.

Like I said it was a unanimous decision from the council of elders and the pressurised him and begged him into agreeing.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by AZeD1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Shuuu
Must you defend GEJ with your life?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

#HarassBuhariOutOfLondon: Reno Omokri Continues With Protest (Video, Photos) / Soldiers Storm Magistrate Court, Beat Up Officials And Free Suspects / Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Shot Dead During Trump's Solidarity Rally(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.