Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir (14338 Views)

There's A PDP Lawmaker Who Cant Spell Or Write His Name? / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Dede1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Katsumoto: It has been almost 20 hours, yet no Biafran can articulate the provisions of Aburi that were not addressed by Gowon's Decree 8 of 1967. After 45 years of blaming Gowon for the Civil war, Biafrans should know the provisions of Aburi by heart.

All they have been pointing out is that not all provisions from Aburi were implemented. Gowon, from a position of strength, acceded to most of Ojukwu's demands. Yet Ojukwu, from a position of weakness, rejected approximately 90% of his demands to hold out for 10% (HOS not having the power to fire regional governors). And in the process millions of people died with Ojukwu escaping to avoid capture. Biafrans need some deep introspection.

Do you listen to yourself at all? What do you mean about the crappy positions of strength and weakness? From the transcript of Aburi Accord, Ojukwu made it absolutely clear that Gowon was not Head of State. It was action in futility that Gowon promulgated Decree #8. Furthermore, Col Adebayor was not Military Governor of western region. A person to such position can only be appointed by the Head of State.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Dede1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
ACM10:

I wanted to leave this thread for, but your wild claims keep drawing me back. You made a claim yesterday that all Aburi provisions but one were honoured by Gowon. I asked you to produce the Aburi agreement in your possession , so that we could analyze the provisions that were honoured and the ones that were left out. So far, you've not produced any.

You keep regurgitating the internet claims without any proof to back it up. If I may ask you, how did you arrive at 90% and 10%. At your level, I expect you to read internet write-ups like a critic, but all you do is to swallow every internet claims hook, line and sinker. Have you ever bothered to research if those claims from your sources are based on truism?

I pledged within myself to let you be on this thread, but I feel that the first bolded is an indirect jab at me, thereby necessitating my response.

I'm back from work and ready to have a debate with you on Aburi provisions that were honoured and the ones that were left out/watered down if need be.

He intentionally forgot that in Aburi and elsewhere, Ojukwu insisted that Gowon was not the Head of State. Ojukwu insisted that in the absence of the Head of State, the 2ic, in this case Brigadier Ogundipe, shall become the Head of State. Now, it is mute point for Gowon to arrive in Lagos and began to promulgate a decree, the function agreed on Aburi shall be vested on Supreme Military Council not supreme military commander.

4 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by 7842I: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2013
I know it, yoruba will never stop talking about anything else apart Igbos. Keep dreaming about Igbo, while the boko haram boys are preparing their bombs for Lagos. We shall keep you guys busy here while your homes burn. Keep talkin, Katsu-tomato, dayomumu, ilugunfool and inufeleidiott2 keep ranting. Boko haram dont talk too much, they bomb you out.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
inufele2:

Isn't it ridiculous that the set of people who are primitive in all respect, have absolutely no history of where they descend from, barbaric in all forms and respect until the white men came to open their eyes are now the same set of people[b] describing wars fought by Yorubas as wrestling?[/b] grin grin
Awon agba bo won ni ti eru ba pe nile epe alajobi ni yio maa se!

Actually, Katsumoto made fun of DedeMoron1 a while back about Igbos never being involved in any war prior to 1967 and that they used to resort to wrestling matches under the moonlight in the village square to settle communal disputes ..... and since then Dede1 has hijacked that jab as his own by replacing "Igboland" with "Koruji wars".
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Tolexander: 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
Dede1:

There was a country. The name remains Biafra.
ok sir, grandpa!
There were also oyo, igbomina, ife, ijesha, ekiti, ijebu, egba e.t.c.

Weren't you the man that said yoruba neva existed until 1912?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Dede1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: ok sir, grandpa!
There were also oyo, igbomina, ife, ijesha, ekiti, ijebu, egba e.t.c.

Weren't you the man that said yoruba neva existed until 1912?

Third grader, toddler!!!

Are you dumb and daft? Why would anybody with average intellect refer to Kiriji as great Yoruba war? Or have you totally forgotten the context in which the issue of the wrestling matches arose?

2 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
kingoflag:

Actually, Katsumoto made fun of DedeMoron1 a while back about Igbos never being involved in any war prior to 1967 and that they used to resort to wrestling matches under the moonlight in the village square to settle communal disputes ..... and since then Dede1 has hijacked that jab as his own by replacing "Igboland" with "Koruji wars".

Oh I see grin grin grin
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Tolexander: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
Dede1:

Third grader, toddler!!!

Are you dumb and daft? Why would anybody with average intellect refer to Kiriji as great Yoruba war? Or have you totally forgotten the context in which issue of the wrestling matches arose?
i don't know the issue sir. Not as if i've forgotten.
Can you please tell me?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
7842I: I know it, yoruba will never stop talking about anything else apart Igbos. Keep dreaming about Igbo, while the boko haram boys are preparing their bombs for Lagos. We shall keep you guys busy here while your homes burn. Keep talkin, Katsu-tomato, dayomumu, ilugunfool and inufeleidiott2 keep ranting. Boko haram dont talk too much, they bomb you out.

Mumu grin grin na who boko haram dey bomb? No be you guys dem dey use make suya?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

I will never wish to join issues with you or argue with you. But please take out time and read the transcript and please also quote the "western account of history" where it states that Ojukwu wanted war and that his ultimate aim was to be a President.

I have had and read different account of the war, from Igbos and Yorubas alike. If you say Ojukwu was proud because he considered himself intelligent, I will agree. If you go on to say that Ojukwu felt that he can look down on Gowon because they are equal in rank , I will agree to that. But to say that Ojukwu WANTED WAR was a far cry from the truth.
You can furnish me with the title of the book or the version of western history that suggests that Ojukwu wanted war. Even the West, especially Britain knew that what Ojukwu was fighting for is far better thanj anything they could ever wish for Nigeria. And unfortunately we are still struggling to attain Ojukwu's Ideal.

lol, kingofanimals is a perpetual goat with zero intelligence and fat mouth.
i wonder what he does with that fat mouth at nights when no one is looking. i bet ya you'd find a health quatity of pig sheeit inside his mouth.
animals can never reason with human intelligence.
that is why the greatest insult i get every time is when someone calls yoruba my "brother" because of the nigerian curse.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
7842I: I know it, yoruba will never stop talking about anything else apart Igbos. Keep dreaming about Igbo, while the boko haram boys are preparing their bombs for Lagos. We shall keep you guys busy here while your homes burn. Keep talkin, Katsu-tomato, dayomumu, ilugunfool and inufeleidiott2 keep ranting. Boko haram dont talk too much, they bomb you out.

don't mind the animals.
btw you forgot to add kingofpigs!

3 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
kingoflag:

sharap your fat gap pig!

4 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
yesterday at a shopping mall, some guy told me to "meet your brother". it turned out it was one guy from oyo or so, grinning from ear to ear. i took one look at him and felt the greatest insult of my life.
my brother my azz.
nigeria is a burden which could only have been placed by satan himself.
mcheeew!
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Katsumoto: 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
ACM10:

I wanted to leave this thread, but your wild claims keep drawing me back. You made a claim yesterday that all Aburi provisions but one were honoured by Gowon. I asked you to produce the Aburi agreement in your possession , for us to analyze the provisions that were honoured and the ones that were left out. So far, you've not produced any.

You keep regurgitating the internet claims without any proof to back it up. If I may ask you, how did you arrive at 90% and 10%. At your level, I expect you to read internet write-ups like a critic, but all you do is to swallow every internet claims hook, line and sinker. Have you ever bothered to research if those claims from your sources are based on truism?

I pledged within myself to let you be on this thread, but I feel that the first bolded is an indirect jab at me, thereby necessitating my response.

I'm back from work and ready to have a debate with you on Aburi provisions that were honoured and the ones that were left out/watered down if need be.

So there are different versions of the Aburi accord? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Katsumoto: 12:09am On Mar 29, 2013
Dede1:

Do you listen to yourself at all? What do you mean about the crappy positions of strength and weakness? From the transcript of Aburi Accord, Ojukwu made it absolutely clear that Gowon was not Head of State. It was action in futility that Gowon promulgated Decree #8. Furthermore, Col Adebayor was not Military Governor of western region. A person to such position can only be appointed by the Head of State.

There was a war; Gowon won that war and Ojukwu lost it. So Gowon was in the stronger position and Ojukwu was in the weaker position. Or was there another conflict? Gowon or anyone in his cabinet could care less whether Ojukwu accepted Gowon as Head of State. Why didn't Ojukwu wait for Gowon's boys as they cornered him? He should have waited to tell Gowon he wasn't Head of State before being shot or imprisoned. Do you think everyone accepts Obama or GEJ as their president? If you commit a treasonable offence, you will be killed or imprisoned. Unfortunately/fortunately Ojukwu wasn't man enough to accept his fate.

What was the point of mentioning Adebayo in the post above? Did I mention Adebayo in my post which you responded to? You are fond of deliberately introducing irrelevant information into your responses so as to introduce confusion into the debate.

Katsumoto: It has been almost 20 hours, yet no Biafran can articulate the provisions of Aburi that were not addressed by Gowon's Decree 8 of 1967. After 45 years of blaming Gowon for the Civil war, Biafrans should know the provisions of Aburi by heart.

All they have been pointing out is that not all provisions from Aburi were implemented. Gowon, from a position of strength, acceded to most of Ojukwu's demands. Yet Ojukwu, from a position of weakness, rejected approximately 90% of his demands to hold out for 10% (HOS not having the power to fire regional governors). And in the process millions of people died with Ojukwu escaping to avoid capture. Biafrans need some deep introspection.

7 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Katsumoto: 12:13am On Mar 29, 2013
Dede1:

He intentionally forgot that in Aburi and elsewhere, Ojukwu insisted that Gowon was not the Head of State. Ojukwu insisted that in the absence of the Head of State, the 2ic, in this case Brigadier Ogundipe, shall become the Head of State. Now, it is mute point for Gowon to arrive in Lagos and began to promulgate a decree, the function agreed on Aburi shall be vested on Supreme Military Council not supreme military commander.

Since you hate Nigeria so much, why don't you insist on the creation of Biafra since anyone can get what they insist on?

Now when Ojukwu was 'insisting' on Ogundipe to fight for the position, why didn't Ojukwu mobilise and dash to Lagos to support Ogundipe? Instead Ojukwu 'insisted' and ran to Nnewi from Enugu.

Dede1, I insist you are the Chief of Army staff for Biafra. Now that I have 'insisted', have you received your appointment?

7 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Katsumoto: 12:15am On Mar 29, 2013
kingoflag:

grin grin grin grin grin

To be honest, I have been very disappointed that Dede1 couldn't be more original in his jabs. Instead he plagiarized. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 29, 2013
Nigerians are not yet ready for Change even those shouting APC dis and dat will bring change aint ready for it.

For change to come into Nigeria, the issues that brought the civil war will be looked into and every war criminal will be brought to justice. Lots of things + revelations comes with changes and lots of sacrifices are to be made but from the way am seeing it, Nigeria aint changing sooner or later with the myopic way some Nigerians think.

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Onlytruth(m): 2:39am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Your post doesn't take certain things into cognizance.

1. Generals and not foot soldiers win wars. Would you credit Macedonians, Greeks, Spaniards, Bulgarians for Roman military victories or would the defeat and victory be accorded to the Roman generals who led those armies? The Battles between Caesar and Pompeii were fought by mainly European foot soldiers but history records it as a Roman civil war.

2. Before the start of the civil war, Yoruba was under-represented in the Army because the British didn't want Yoruba Muslims in the Army. (Read COLONIAL ARMY RECRUITMENT PATTERNS AND POST-COLONIAL MILITARY COUPS D’ÉTAT IN AFRICA: THE CASE OF NIGERIA, 1966-1993 - Ejiogu for reasons). Anyone with a knowledge of Yoruba warfare would tell you that the main Yoruba Army was in Oyo/Ibadan axis and they were mostly Muslims. But with the encroachment of BAF on Western soil, Gowon had no problems enlisting them to fight the war. It's like saying it was only Biafrans who were in the Army pre-1967 that fought for Biafra.

No, you are wrong on that bolded words. The only reason there was an up-tick in the numbers of Yoruba who joined the Nigerian army then was because of the colossal failure of the Biafran Expeditionary Force led by Banjo, a Yoruba man. Two factors made that failure possible and I must be fair in my findings.

(1) The BEF was a poorly equipped force. Had the BEF been equipped with about 50 -100 tanks, and 155mm artillery howitzers, even Banjo would have been silly to try sabotaging the force. Such an equipped force would have sacked Lagos even from Ijebu-ode or even outskirts of Ondo state just after Ore.

(2) Even with its poor state of equipment, had the BEF being under the command of an Igbo man or Ibibio man, they would have at least marched to Lagos and sacked Gowon.

The Aburi records shown in this thread proved that Biafra had enough military strength to sack Gowon from Lagos (of course no one envisaged that Ojukwu would put such a force under the command of a man with a history of mutiny like Banjo). Now I am not saying that Biafra could have held Lagos for too long without at least capturing the Nigerian Navy and using it to blockade the North against arms importation. If these scenarios played out, I doubt that Yoruba would have found any courage, or conviction to join the military, at least not on the side of the North. It would have been a totally different war.

The Yoruba only joined an already equipped and well financed army (they calculated that they would only be picking up the pieces of Biafra's defeat). If the North at any point had changed their minds about confronting the East, the Yoruba would have returned to their pre-war habits of dodging military service. They were only encouraged to join because they knew there was no real threat from Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 29, 2013
eagle,eye:

I will never wish to join issues with you or argue with you. But please take out time and read the transcript and please also quote the "western account of history" where it states that Ojukwu wanted war and that his ultimate aim was to be a President.

I have had and read different account of the war, from Igbos and Yorubas alike. If you say Ojukwu was proud because he considered himself intelligent, I will agree. If you go on to say that Ojukwu felt that he can look down on Gowon because they are equal in rank , I will agree to that. But to say that Ojukwu WANTED WAR was a far cry from the truth.
You can furnish me with the title of the book or the version of western history that suggests that Ojukwu wanted war. Even the West, especially Britain knew that what Ojukwu was fighting for is far better thanj anything they could ever wish for Nigeria. And unfortunately we are still struggling to attain Ojukwu's Ideal.

If you dont wish to join issues with me why are you doing so now? Whether Ojukwu or Gowon: I DO NOT CARE ABOUT EITHER so you can keep you adulation to yourself about who was "proud" or who "looked down on who. Im talking about what Ive read, and which Ive quoted severally on this forum at various times with links to boot. I have never disagreed with why Ojukwu went to war, so what the hell are you telling me that for? Maybe it is you that should be the one to take time to read the transcript again, re-read my post, comprehend it, stop being sentimental with your replies, and finally, grant yourself your own wish and try not to join issues with me.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 29, 2013
re@lchange:

sharap your fat gap pig!

First off: Im not fat. Second, Im not a pig. Third, why the hell are you mad at me: WAS WHAT I SAID ABOUT KATSUMOTO AND DEDE1 A LIE?

Like, really, why are you punks so sentimental?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 5:45am On Mar 29, 2013
kingoflag:

If you dont wish to join issues with me why are you doing so now? Whether Ojukwu or Gowon: I DO NOT CARE ABOUT EITHER so you can keep you adulation to yourself about who was "proud" or who "looked down on who. Im talking about what Ive read, and which Ive quoted severally on this forum at various times with links to boot. I have never disagreed with why Ojukwu went to war, so what the hell are you telling me that for? Maybe it is you that should be the one to take time to read the transcript again, re-read my post, comprehend it, stop being sentimental with your replies, and finally, grant yourself your own wish and try not to join issues with me.
Please forgive my curiousity, I will like you to once again put up the link or title of the books that supports your initial assertion that OJUKWU WANTED WAR. Moreover you are still stating that Ojukwu went to war in this last post.
History makes me to understand that Ojukwu was forced to defend his people against external agrression, how does that equate to going to War.
Am only interested in reading the account of History that states that OJUKWU WANTED WAR as you initially asserted in the earlier post I quoted, for I am a student of History.

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 5:55am On Mar 29, 2013
kingoflag: "HISTORY SHOWS THAT OJUKWU NEVER PLANNED OR WANTED WAR? GO READ WHAT WESTERN ANALYSTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE PERIODS PRECEEDING THE WAR. but Ojukwu obviously tried to call Nigeria's bluff, thought hed made enough alliances and CERTAINLY WENT TO ABURI WITH EVERY INTENTION OF GOING TO WAR IF EVERYTHING HE WANTED WAS NOT GIVEN TO HIM .Ojukwu wanted to be a President within a country ruled over by another President ----how the hell is that possible?
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by ACM10: 7:15am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

So there are different versions of the Aburi accord? grin

Why are you playing hide-n-seek game? You boldly stated that 90% of Aburi provisions were promulgated. Then I requested for the copy of the Aburi accord with which you arrived at that figure. Many agreements were left out in my copy, while others were watered down to the level that will be unacceptable to the other party.

Sometimes it can be frustrating debating with you, especially whenever you starts to play your hide-n-seek game. No need to respond to you again if you do not produce your copy of Aburi agreement or show us how you got your ridiculous figure of 90% honoured and 10% rejected.

1 Like

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2013
eagle,eye:

Please forgive my curiousity, I will like you to once again put up the link or title of the books that supports your initial assertion that OJUKWU WANTED WAR. Moreover you are still stating that Ojukwu went to war in this last post.
History makes me to understand that Ojukwu was forced to defend his people against external agrression, how does that equate to going to War.
Am only interested in reading the account of History that states that OJUKWU WANTED WAR as you initially asserted in the earlier post I quoted, for I am a student of History.

Defending his people by running 2 Ivory Coast dressed like a wowan.God bless Hitler, he did d respectable thing while ibos take a hike. He was not d first ibo man anyway. We remember Ifeajuna after killing other people's leaders, ran 2 Michael Okpara b4 gun running poet Pius Okigbo took him 2 d seme border.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2013
debetmx:

Defending his people by running 2 Ivory Coast dressed like a wowan.God bless Hitler, he did d respectable thing while ibos take a hike. He was not d first ibo man anyway. We remember Ifeajuna after killing other people's leaders, ran 2 Michael Okpara b4 gun running poet Pius Okigbo took him 2 d seme border.
My dear you can believe what you want. But am not here to entertain your tribal slurs.
I deal with objective presentation of arguement and my question wasn't actually directed to you. Thank You.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2013
eagle,eye:

My dear you can believe what you want. But am not here to entertain your tribal slurs.
I deal with objective presentation of arguement and my question wasn't actually directed to you. Thank You.

Did I lie? The truth is now tribal slurs? The boys from d rising sun never cease 2 amaze me. They started d first coup, they killed other people's leaders, Zik ran 2 d carribeans, ironsi was not @ home when they came 2 arrest him and which party did he attend after maimalari's cocktail party?I need an answer. Ifeajuna and donatus okafor, after killing Tafawa Balewa ran 2 michael okpara (a man who they were supposed 2 kill after all ifeajuna kiiled his brigade commander, maimalari who had escaped frm okafor). Michael okpara told him 2 run away. The northerner did their own coup, the ibos people called it pogrom. Ojuiku invaded d mideast, massacred d midwest and looted d central bank, on their way 2 lagos, they call it liberation not realising that they were under ojuiku's bondage. The Federal troops go 2 biafra, they call it genocide. It seems d ibo bois play by different rules. Anam chi kwanu

6 Likes

Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by Tolexander: 8:59am On Mar 29, 2013
ACM10:

Why are you playing hide-n-seek game? You boldly stated that 90% of Aburi provisions were promulgated. Then I requested for the copy of the Aburi accord with which you arrived at that figure. Many agreements were left out in my copy, while others were watered down to the level that will be unacceptable to the other party.

Sometimes it can be frustrating debating with you, especially whenever you starts to play your hide-n-seek game. No need to respond to you again if you do not produce your copy of Aburi agreement or show us how you got your ridiculous figure of 90% honoured and 10% rejected.
you can just challenged him to post your own copy of the aburi accord!
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2013
debetmx:

Did I lie? The truth is now tribal slurs? The boys from d rising sun never cease 2 amaze me. They started d first coup, they killed other people's leaders, Zik ran 2 d carribeans, ironsi was not @ home when they came 2 arrest him and which party did he attend after maimalari's cocktail party?I need an answer. Ifeajuna and donatus okafor, after killing Tafawa Balewa ran 2 michael okpara (a man who they were supposed 2 kill after all ifeajuna kiiled his brigade commander, maimalari who had escaped frm okafor). Michael okpara told him 2 run away. The northerner did their own coup, the ibos people called it pogrom. Ojuiku invaded d mideast, massacred d midwest and looted d central bank, on their way 2 lagos, they call it liberation not realising that they were under ojuiku's bondage. The Federal troops go 2 biafra, they call it genocide. It seems d ibo bois play by different rules. Anam chi kwanu

my dear, your likes have succefully derailed this thread. The topic was about Gowon writing a memoir, but you and your likes have dragged the issue from Aburi Accord being implemented 90% (which prompted me to post the whole transcript of the Aburi Accord), now you want us to go back and forth about the First Coup.
Whenever a thread is started and it has anything to do with the Biafran war, your likes will jump into the fray and do all their best to derail the thread.
If you must know, I (an Igbo man) equally believed that the execution of the first coup de 'etat was flawed. The initial plan by the Coupist was to carry out a total cleansing of the "Filthy" political landscape. But some of the actors of that ill fated coup bungled it. By allowing Azikiwe, Michael Opara and some others from the East to escape death, they inevitably gave a Ethnic coloration to the a coup.
BUT DOES THAT WARRANT THE SUBSEQUENT KILLINGS THAT TOOK PLACE AFTER THE JULY COUNTER COUP? NO.
Does that warrant Gowon not keeping to the Aburi Accord? No
Does that make the Genocidal killings Right? No

So when you want to argue History do so Objectively and not because of Tribal sentiment. I for one will not come here on NL and support what IBB did in 1993, (Annuling an election that was widely acknowlegded as free and fair) because a Yoruba man was involved.
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by debetmx(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2013
eagle,eye:

my dear, your likes have succefully. derailed this thread. The topic was about Gowon writing a memoir, but you and your likes have dragged the issue from Aburi Accord being implemented 90% (which prompted me to post the whole transcript of the Aburi Accord), now you want us to go back and forth about the First Coup.
Whenever a thread is started and it has anything to do with the Biafran war, your likes will jump into the fray and do all their best to derail the thread.
If you must know, I (an Igbo man) equally believed that the execution of the first coup de 'etat was flawed. The initial plan by the Coupist was to carry out a total cleansing of the "Filthy" political landscape. But some of the actors of that ill fated coup bungled it. By allowing Azikiwe, Michael Opara and some others from the East to escape death, they inevitably gave a Ethnic coloration to the a coup.
BUT DOES THAT WARRANT THE SUBSEQUENT KILLINGS THAT TOOK PLACE AFTER THE JULY COUNTER COUP? NO.
Does that warrant Gowon not keeping to the Aburi Accord? No
Does that make the Genocidal killings Right? No

So when you want to argue History do so Objectively and not because of Tribal sentiment. I for one will not come here on NL and support what IBB did in 1993, (Annuling an election that was widely acknowlegded as free and fair) because a Yoruba man was involved.

All what am saying is that, when Ifeajuna and d rest killed other people's leader your people were rejoicing, they kill ur pple u call it genocide. Like I wrote in my earlier post d ibos have "em selves 2 blame. Acknowledge that, then we can move from there and talk abt Gowon but we shld address ojuiku's intransigence first. If d ibos wanted seccession what about d efik, ijaw, kalabari, ibibio and d rest. Ojuiku arrogated all power, will decision and direction 2 himself. Am not on this thread 2 talk abt abiola or obasanjo
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by russellino: 10:14am On Mar 29, 2013
Its a wonder and mystery that Yakubu Gowon has never written a memoir about his own perspective of the Nigerian Civil War. A head of state who cannot write his memoirs even when everybody has written theirs must most likely have something to hide or is ashamed of his role in history
Re: Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir by eagleeye2: 11:09am On Mar 29, 2013
debetmx:

All what am saying is that, when Ifeajuna and d rest killed other people's leader your people were rejoicing, they kill ur pple u call it genocide. Like I wrote in my earlier post d ibos have "em selves 2 blame. Acknowledge that, then we can move from there and talk abt Gowon but we shld address ojuiku's intransigence first. If d ibos wanted seccession what about d efik, ijaw, kalabari, ibibio and d rest. Ojuiku arrogated all power, will decision and direction 2 himself. Am not on this thread 2 talk abt abiola or obasanjo
I am sorry but I don't debate matters based on sentiments. You are very much entitled to your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Boko Haram Forced Me To Watch My Son Beheaded – Displaced Baga Resident / Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.